• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Olimar's Usmash, Fair, and Bair don't have much priority, but his Fsmash has some, Uair has some, Nair has a ton, so does his Dsmash and tilts.
Sigh. Aerials don't have priority. Amirite?? See: The Physics of Attacks thread.
I keep posting this. It seems like it's a huge misconception about how Brawl (and probably Melee) work. Oli's aerials do have very disjointed hitboxes, though, so they seem to have "priority" vs. others.

Maybe I should just shut up about this because it's a technicality >.>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k

that is what's gonna happen when it turns out to be Pit. lol
OMG. You win ten internets o_O

Onxy

Smash Lord
No, wrong! Olimar's aerials will clink with every attack, and if it's a lingering attack, it will hit you. Don't believe me? Test it yourself. It could save your life if you happen to clink with a powerful aerial.

The only reason that a lot of people do not know this is because Olimar is a fast attacker in the air.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Even? Pshh.... Pit counters snake. Bair out of his recovery is too good and arrows **** him by forcing him to drop his grenades or stopping them dead in the air. Once you figure out how to space out his tilts he's cake.

I wish I had some matches to put up... I think I will Tuesday, hopefully.
lol, I said 'even; to not cause too much of an uproar lol but I agree with you 100%

About the region thing, maybe it has to do with releases. The US Pits are very good and the JPN ones last I saw were not impressive.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I dont think Ness has any AT's with mindgames but I still think its Pit. We will have to find out when they reveal. Good luck to everyone with their guess.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu. People can't even decide on the match up thread which way Pikachu vs Snake goes. Also Pikachu as QAC as a mindgame. Pikachu fits the description, I pick Pikachu.

infomon

Smash Scientist
No, wrong! Olimar's aerials will clink with every attack, and if it's a lingering attack, it will hit you. Don't believe me? Test it yourself. It could save your life if you happen to clink with a powerful aerial.

The only reason that a lot of people do not know this is because Olimar is a fast attacker in the air.
Hmm, you're right that Olimar's aerials can clink; with normal attacks, and with other aerials. This doesn't mean they have priority; I think actually that they're treated as projectiles o_O I'll have to check the Olimar board for details. Anyone else know how this works?

I'm still 100% convinced that aerials do not have priority.

Roager

Smash Ace
Has nobody considered Fox? His F-smash has really good priority, usually at least clinking with other attacks. His pistol spam could be the projectiles the hint lists. Also, his f-air alters his vertical movement, which could be the mindgames mentioned. I personally don't know enough about regional opinions to use that as evidence, but otherwise, he fits pretty well.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Hmm, you're right that Olimar's aerials can clink; with normal attacks, and with other aerials. This doesn't mean they have priority; I think actually that they're treated as projectiles o_O I'll have to check the Olimar board for details. Anyone else know how this works?

I'm still 100% convinced that aerials do not have priority.
aerials trade hits, ground attacks clink, specials are like ground attacks (i think, i might have to retry the double falcon punch though.)

infomon

Smash Scientist
aerials trade hits, ground attacks clink, specials are like ground attacks (i think, i might have to retry the double falcon punch though.)
And Olimar is categorically different. Get a friend, go into slow-mo, and test it out. I ran a few experiments: for example, use Wolf's Fair against Olimar's Down-air. Do it so that Wolf's claw overlaps the pikmin, but you can space it so neither Wolf nor Olimar gets hurt. Nevertheless, if you do it right, you'll see a grey circle appear over the pikmin, as if the attacks clanked. I haven't seen this with anyone else; even with, for example, G&W's Bair (the turtle).

Onxy

Smash Lord
Test this out too, 'cause it's much easier: Shieks Lingering Nair; it will clink with it when it's even lingering around; I find that annoying.

Yeah it's just Olimar, though. The only reason people do not know this is because his attacks are quick, and Olimar doesn't stay in the air long to begin with.

infomon

Smash Scientist
yeah......i try :(

i was agreeing that aerials dont have priority....
lol ok :D

Test this out too, 'cause it's much easier: Shieks Lingering Nair; it will clink with it when it's even lingering around; I find that annoying.
Good call o_O you win at Olimar.

Shouldn't #15 be reviled by now?
"reviled" is not "revealed" lol :D that means something quite different... 10grammarnazis

Why should I? I'll insult a stupid, obnoxious character whenever I get the chance to.
It's rude and does not aid the discussion.

Onxy

Smash Lord
But to be honest... There isn't much of a discussion until there's an update.

Edit: There sure is hell going to be some reviling if it is Pit; at least I will.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Update is up. But right now I am le tired. I don't feel like writing the hint for the next one. Although the thread is up. If its not up later tonight, then you can probably check tomorrow.

You people make writing hints too difficult :/

Top Bottom