• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
To Brits that may come with me prices are looking like - Ferry £8, Petrol £35 (max). So at most its looking like £43 each :). Potentially another £5 each as I may camp one night along the way for the banter :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Charles - Fuzzyness says:
if i was to go for the cheap flight to Bremen I'd come up on tues 31st March at night
then need housing until the 3rd..when the tourney is
so thats 3 days
and i'd cook too!

31st March NO TAX Flight £10

5th April return flight £18

Coach ticket to airport £8
Total..£36 in comparison to £43... but then I have 3 other days to see germany and play people

Any bremen smashers or close interested? =/

Also do you have to get a coach/train from Bremen airport? to get to central or something (like most airport extra costs)

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Count me in, I'm game.
Random-ness
Sweden
here I come Pamaro ;)
Not absolutely sure I'll be able to be there though, but right now I think I will ^^

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the long absence, i have been busy.

I have updated the first post.
There has been a major update concerning pots which have been lowered.
It is now:
Melee Singles: 7€
Melee Teams: 4€
Brawl Singles: 4€
25€
instead of 10€/5€/5€. (~24£)
I sorry for you guys aiming for the big money but i hope you see it as a financial relief rather than a cut in price money. And from a host's point of view i have to be worried about a certain amount of people attending since i dont want to make any loss.

The schedule has changed, wobble is banned, jungle japes, interessted list is updated.
But there is still some stuff missing like legal stuff and behaviour, an allisbrawl thread, but i first need to get in touch with the venue owners first.

and Wow, some many uk smashers, awesome!

if i was to go for the cheap flight to Bremen I'd come up on tues 31st March at night
then need housing until the 3rd..when the tourney is
so thats 3 days
and i'd cook too!

31st March NO TAX Flight £10

5th April return flight £18

Coach ticket to airport £8
Total..£36 in comparison to £43... but then I have 3 other days to see germany and play people

Any bremen smashers or close interested? =/

Also do you have to get a coach/train from Bremen airport? to get to central or something (like most airport extra costs)
I could house you for that period charles.

the earlier you confirm yourself the more likely you get decent housing. please be aware there arent many known resident smashers in bremen, atleast no grown ups who could house smasher that i'm aware of. Sorry for the lack of hospitility there... ironically the venue is like the most central thing ever. Bremen has trams and busses so you can get there fairly quick from the airport.

ive posted some maps of the city and how to get to the venue by car, its in the first post.

I live half an hour away from bremen in Dörverden lol.

As for roadtrip people, that sounds effing awesome.
(www.smashtours.com lol)

Kone, i read something about the the ferry leaving in brighton, where does it arrive? if you guys are still up for roadtrippin'

I'm not english, °UÇK, I'm swedish. I've been talking to some other swedes and we are five interested (me, Armada, Aniolas, Dev, Spidertotz) for now - although no one is completely sure. Let's hope for a swedish invasion. :)
sorry for mistaking your nationality. yeah, bring swedish smashers!!

lets make this huge and have european crews!
!!!

you can contact me on msn (uck@gsb.de) or icq (411 320 253).

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
and got finished, nah kidding :D we had good times playing melee and having laughs at the first brawl tourney. And he barbecued for us guys <3

Melee Singles: 7€
Melee Teams: 4€
Brawl Singles: 4€
25€
instead of 10€/5€/5€. (~24£)
That's great, money isn't the reason people should go to tournaments for!

and Wow, some many uk smashers, awesome!
It's good to see UK smashers that actually want to leave their local area XD in fact go abroad! woot UK smashers! Bust them up in crews ;D

I could house you for that period charles.
I live half an hour away from bremen in Dörverden lol.
Um would be awesome because I'd get 3 extra days in germany rather than just going there to play smash =P, maybe get to know your community better cause when I went to Holland I had a good laugh with the smashers for like 2 days before their tournament.

questions though

1) Do I have to pay to get from the airport to central or anything (Bremen airport) or is it actually located in an area where I can access trains to anywhere >_> Unlike ryanair's one for London and Sweden...

2) Dörverden, how much does it cost to get there?

Kone, i read something about the the ferry leaving in brighton, where does it arrive? if you guys are still up for roadtrippin'
If I don't go with those guys on the roadtrip I wish them a fun trip, of course it'll be awesome =P Travelling alone sucks but I'm willing to do it to have a better visit.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'll prob money match people who ask me. I might bring my UK shirt from ROS because it's that amazing! XD Love the T-Shirt Kone!

Shyne if I come up early can you come down to play =D I'll even take out my retired Jiggz

Anyone wanna money match my jiggz for the lol? on low reward though because im not confident with jiggz

Kone

Smash Master
Uck - Ferry goes from Dover ->Calais. Then its a 6 hour drive from Calais to Bremen. It takes me longer driving from Seaham (where I live in northern england) to Dover lol. So i dont mind the drive at all :). Ferry price is really cheap. Ill be booking it Jan12th then 6 others will give me money for seats at the UK tourney that is happening end of Jan.

So basically there'll be 7 of us in my car :)

PS ..is there housign friday night?

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
[...]
Um would be awesome because I'd get 3 extra days in germany rather than just going there to play smash =P, maybe get to know your community better cause when I went to Holland I had a good laugh with the smashers for like 2 days before their tournament.

questions though

1) Do I have to pay to get from the airport to central or anything (Bremen airport) or is it actually located in an area where I can access trains to anywhere >_> Unlike ryanair's one for London and Sweden...

2) Dörverden, how much does it cost to get there?
[...]
By now I dont know how many people will need housing but i'll try to house as many as i can to make we have a good laugh as well =D

1. Bremen Airport is is situated in the city, no need for coaches.
to get from the airport to main station you'll have to take a tram. The tram stop at the airport is located at the departure gates afaik, a ride to the central station takes 15 min and costs 2-3€.

I've posted a description how to get to the venue/central station in the first post as well.

2. It costs ~8€ (they changed prices recently dont know exactly) to get from Bremen central station to Dörverden but i'll try to pick you up.

[...]
PS ..is there housign friday night?
You can sleep rigth at the venue friday night. Or do you mean thursday to friday night?

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Ich weiß dass mehr Schwede als nur Nedech kommen wollen. Did I get that right? ;)
I might come, depending on school.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Ich weiß, dass mehr Schweden als nur Nedech kommen wollen. Did I get that right? ;)
I might come, depending on school.
Hey, stop talking german here, thats rude to oth... wait, what?
Haha, nice.
I know more swedes who would like to attend but i wanted to wait with adding them to the interessted list until they say it for themselves or tell me that they are.
But i guess i'll add them to the list then anyway.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'm really really thinking about it..whether to come early or go with the UK bunch, but going early seems like a more fun option for around the same price but a lil more because of food xD

Coach return to airport (£4) + Return Flight (£28) + Airport to Central in Bremen (£2/3) + Train to Uck's place return (£10 max) = £45, £3 more than kone was offering

But also food for 3 days D: Maybe we could both pay for ingredients and cook some stuff, ionno cause £ is worth crap atm and I'm gonna be so ripped off going to germany >_< ****ing credit crunch. This costs about the same as everytime I went to sweden apart from food + extra travel costs due to the pound being worth like 1.07 euros now -_-

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
@Charles: I cant cook **** lol but yeah, im up for this.

The euro is very expensive these days.

edit: tooo slow

I wouldn't count on it.
well, I'm not quite sure how to handle "interessted"-announcements by third party so i'm not counting them in officialy on first page.
faab told me amsah might come but still i'd like to hear from them in some fashion...

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
lol @ Fuzzy the mod
lol @ Utto the mod

Anyway, Wow, this looks interesting o________________________________o
I'm not completely sure I can yet, but I'm interested atleast

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
lol @ Fuzzy the mod
lol @ Utto the mod

Anyway, Wow, this looks interesting o________________________________o
I'm not completely sure I can yet, but I'm interested atleast
I still wouldn't count on it. But who knows, nothing is impossible.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Interested, absolutely not sure if it's doable moneywize yet...

if my friend gets his drivers license by then, hellyeah ;P

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
btw ^_^

GOING OUT

From London Stansted (STN) to Bremen (BRE)
Tue, 31Mar09 Flight FR3632 Depart STN at 06:30 and arrive BRE at 08:50

COMING BACK

From Bremen (BRE) to London Stansted (STN)
Sun, 05Apr09 Flight FR3633 Depart BRE at 19:35 and arrive STN at 19:50

********38.22 GBP Total Paid

Looking forward to this =P I should be staying at Uck's prehand

Kone

Smash Master
alan - there shud be space in my car if you want in? will talk to everyone whoes interested bout it at global. Be like £8 in at global to secure seat.

Thinking like between the following -

joe
will
me
alan
ant - i cant reme,ber if he was interested?
adam
jam - havent even spoke to him about this lol
robby

AmcD

Smash Ace
Ed I am interested for the road trip thanks. I will let you know at GGT2 if I will be going or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom