• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Podcast Series

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so as i've said a few times recently, i'm trying to get this podcast thing going. i did the first one today with Kero, and i think it went well. sedda has already provided a list of criticisms and i'll be taking all of them into account.

i cannot do video overlays and whatnot because a) my pc sucks and b) i really do prefer audio only. all of the podcasts i do listen to are purely audio - bill burr's, for instance. that being said, i've taken other suggestions into account of adding people.

i don't mind 1 on 1 discussions. 30 mins is a good chunk of time to spend talking about stuff and it's the perfect amount of time to listen. it's like a halftime report. that being said, if more than one person wants to be on at a time, it can work well, provided that nobody talks over each other and the primary purpose of the podcast is preserved (yo that unintentional alliteration i am a ****ing king i swear to god).

basically, leave suggestions and who and what you want to hear and i'll do what i can to bring them on and talk about stuff. i already have a bunch of ideas, but i'm probably missing a lot of what people would like.

that being said, i'll just throw each new video in a new post to make sure everyone sees the update. subscribe to the channel as well, and if anyone wants to give me some art to use that'd be sweet as hell.

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
A podcast sounds awesome. Hopefully you guys do a bunch of these during apex
If you want TOPICS... something I always thought would be cool would be generalizing about people who all main the same character. Like how people who pick Yoshi in Mario kart all grow up to be gay. Stuff like that
I don't know enough good people who play this game to notice any trends but I bet there are some and it'd be fun to at least guess at them
IDK
This is an awesome idea, I tip my hat to thee.
yo this post smells like doritos

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you want TOPICS... something I always thought would be cool would be generalizing about people who all main the same character. Like how people who pick Yoshi in Mario kart all grow up to be gay. Stuff like that
I don't know enough good people who play this game to notice any trends but I bet there are some and it'd be fun to at least guess at them
pls no this sort of thing always turns into a Pikachu/Kirby bashing sort thing like is typical of this whiny community

yes I have experience

Firehyphen

Can wavedash in Sm4sh.
NNID
Firehyphen
"Like how people who pick Yoshi in Mario kart all grow up to be gay." ....heh thats almost correct to bad im bi

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
dont wanna type this out on skype for it to be lost forever so

people i want to hear from:

-Jam, Fays, or some European player. I'd really like to learn more about the European scene, which has mostly existed online afaik.

-asianaussie, because what the **** is going on in Australia. I'd be nice to learn about that, specifically about how the scene was supposedly revived through EMMI and now it's dead (?)

-If you ever get MATTS on the podcast, I will give you my soul

Obviously I think it's always better to cover current tournaments and such on your podcast, but if one of the goals is to educate about the 64 scene in general, having people from other places and talk about their communities would be very informative.

Maybe someday you could have a Japanese player or maybe a Peruvian player on there too

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
just people saying "cashbah" in llama voices every time they gimp a fox

cool stuff cobr, i skipped around it this morning. I listen to it this weekend

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i could try to get jam on

so some people have said WEEKLY, but honestly that doesn't seem often enough. i was thinking every 3-4 days. one a week would give us only six up to apex. i don't think that's a lot at all. i don't want a set routine (like every wednesday and sunday) because i'm not always available the same times every day, and neither is anyone else. i like freedom.

so i'm probably gonna keep it more often than once a week, but not overwhelming. i won't do a MWF, for instance.

Sedda

Smash Champion
i can see the benefits of doing both

weekly could be good because you COULD essentially stock up on topics to talk about as things developed

edited one word

Last edited:

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
Nice idea. Get Jim Jam Flim Flam on.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
down like a clown to be on a podcast with my original smushboards crush aa

although I probably can't say much about Australia but I guess it's better than no podcast since I am a condition apparently

Last edited:
Top Bottom