• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash 64, better than brawl?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
- Original: A lot of practice is needed, but you can be pretty good to start out.
That is actually quite false. I do agree that melee takes more skill then ssb64 but in 64 you can't be pretty good to start out. There's a HUGE gap between those who play competitive and those like Isai and the Japanese players.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
- Original: A lot of practice is needed, but you can be pretty good to start out.
ive never seen a person who from start (1-2 months) can play well...

on the other hand Brawl if youve played fro 4-7 months...you can still lose to your little sister who can hardly fit the controller in her hands....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I remember Mew2King and Chu Dat picked up Smash64 really fast... except Isai taught them.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I remember Mew2King and Chu Dat picked up Smash64 really fast... except Isai taught them.
hah you should do this more often, post yoru arguement then counter it in the same post...much easier on asshats like myself

But what i ment was people who randomly play smash64...people who dont know what Z cancle is, FF, Teching, and so forth...these people will not be able to "omg cool Z cancle kills delay so i can combo 0-death" i think itd be more like "Z cancle wow! Link is the best nao!"

NixxxoN

Smash Master
This is like asking if Dragon Ball is better than Dragon Ball GT...

HELL YEAH!!

(Although Melee = Dragon Ball Z and it may be the best)

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I can probably blame it on nostalgia, but 64 will always be my favorite Smash game. Melee and 64 are both great games, though, and I don't think I could decide between the two (without bias). Definitely better than Brawl, anyway.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
hey, at least A2ZOMG is making an effort
he may be totally blinded to his own contradictions and bias, and ignoring the opinions of everyone else who knows more than him, but as least he's trying

Zantetsu

Smash Master
hey, at least A2ZOMG is making an effort
he may be totally blinded to his own contradictions and bias, and ignoring the opinions of everyone else who knows more than him, but as least he's trying
"Hey, at least that robber at the bank made an atempt to still all the money even though he did a lot of things wrong. At least he tried..."

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
i mean, at least he's trying to have a rational argument instead of going 'omg brawl owns old games are gay lololol' unlike most new brawl fans or everyone on youtube. failing, but at least trying.
certainly kept me entertained, anyway.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i mean, at least he's trying to have a rational argument instead of going 'omg brawl owns old games are gay lololol' unlike most new brawl fans or everyone on youtube. failing, but at least trying.
certainly kept me entertained, anyway.
The way he went about it is actually worse...

When someone comes in and says "omg brawl fer dah win!!111" people can tell that it is completely stupid and based off nothing.

But when someone like A2ZOMG comes in and bring out bias facts and stupid statements...not everyone can tell...so he in fact maybe getting people thinking like him.. "Ohh maybe smash64 doesn’t have any movement options"...."maybe Smash64 did rely on platforms for Combos".... why would we want people thinking like this?

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I must say, looking back I'm pretty sure I enjoyed Smash 64 more than I do Brawl now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The 64 is one of the best fighters of that generation. Some for Melee for last-gen. Brawl, not so much.

Brawl isn't a game, it's a chore you have to complete.

elashish

Smash Rookie
It's pretty sad that ssb64 is more technical than Brawl (L-canceling and no **** tripping). While better and worse are matters of taste, in my book, that makes ssb64 much better.

In any case, what I hate most about Brawl is that there's too much chance involved. That's another thing that makes 64 better.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
64 is the best of the 3

bias opinion = no melee scene here anymore, brawl online sucks and I dont own a wii and I played brawl once and it was balls.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
ssb64 has the hit stun!! I love 64 and melee but I love melee more, it feels more smooth and I like how it is more fast paced. brawl, eh not so much

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Ah... if only sarcasm was as easily identifiable over the internet as it is in person. <.<

Anyway, Brawl was made to be a party game, and although I would like to play more competitively with it, I can't even get into for-fun/party matches with it. They even messed up the 4-player free-for-all. It seems they tried to throw too much stuff in. Take the items, for example. Team healer; pointless, Curry; stupid, golder hammer; for what. We already have the normal hammer.

Every time I try to play a free-for-all match with a bunch of friends we always end up switching to Smash 64. Princess' Castle is awesome for 4-player matches, and Dreamland is good for bob-omb matches.

Top Bottom