• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah pass it off to someone else, I'm never home and my phone is a ******* to edit things with.

In my defense (this time) I wasn't even fully aware there was a tournament this weekend.
Every other time I'm just slack.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Geez Dekar update the OP already. Didn't you know there was a tournament this weekend??

Actually that felt good, I see why you guys keep doing it.

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah pass it off to someone else, I'm never home and my phone is a ******* to edit things with.

In my defense (this time) I wasn't even fully aware there was a tournament this weekend.
Every other time I'm just slack.
DW Jei not having a go, would just be better for someone more active online to run the thread.

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Don't you go to Xavier with hughie? My house is a ten minute walk from there
I derped out, nvm. Should be able to come, just gotta ask parents among a few other things. Thought you meant midnight -> 2 am on the FB post. I'm now assuming you mean noon -> 2am the next day...?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Melee:

1. Redact
2. Dekar
3. Skeletom
4. Splice

P:M

1. Dekar
2. Redact
3. Jamie
4. Moxie

Proper results to come later which includes brawl

Splice

Smash Hero
Melee Singles (TOP 8 BRACKET)
1. Redact
2. Dekar
3. Skeletom
4. Splice
5. Forte
5. Atticus
7. Attila
7. Tak

Brawl Singles.
1. Attila
2. Tibs
3. Splice

Melee Doubles.
1. The Diamonds - Tak and Splice
2. Skeletom and Forte
3. 2ez4MeredyZ - Dekar and Meredyse
4. Loch Ness Zuchini - Seb and Jamwa

I enjoyed running through the entirety of losers bracket with Tak to take the tournament. Thanks heaps to Dekar and Phil for allowing us to be in the tournament even though I was late.

Big congratulations to REDACT for winning the Melee tournament without dropping a set.

Well done improving your tech chase game Tom, it was good to see you on point like that. Very crazy. I hope you opt to play this way against me in future sets.

Shoutouts to Jason for winning the only thing that mattered; hype Ganondorf dittos.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
13th in PM, the dreadtech is getting skills.

Big thanks to the guys on friday night at pcg's meet for helping me improve my game, it transferred to pm as well. I'm so fkn thankful that I spent the whole night getting bopped and came away with stuff to work on.

Shoutouts:

Forte: Such a close match, I'll make sure not to drop that combo next time and win.

Hyes: I'm gunning for you in sheik ditto's mate! I'm nipping at your heels!

Tibs: no idea how to play against diddy kong.....no answer to that....none

Juci: you know why you get shoutouts, better check yourself :p

DD: sick run dude....sick run

Redact: thanks for putting up with me again in doubles, I hope I did a better job this time, grats on taking the finals, I know how hard you've been working your game.

Cup and Moxie: Keep the 20XX up, you guys are awesome.

Meredy

The Busterina
I feel like it was due to time constraints, but the whole pool system with a top 8 only bracket was really weird to me. I'm a huge fan of getting to see my own placings so I guess maybe only I felt that way.

Anyways, a few small shoutouts:

Dave: Thanks for teaming with me man, had a lot of fun, especially considering I don't normally play doubles and don't enjoy it much.

Tom and Forte: I just couldn't do it.

Jam and Seb: Thanks for the awesome set. Not very often I see a Ness in bracket and it actually stumped me for most of the matches.

Baileeh: Thanks for the plethora of games. You seem to do better against me in friendlies than in tournament sets. Maybe I just try harder in tournament, idek.

Redact: Big congrats on the win. I left after playing my last pools match so I didn't get to see the bracket, but I'm sure it was epic and very much deserved.

Mask1n: Sorry for ragequitting. Puff just completely does my head in.

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
No shoutouts from me but I want to apologise to Splice. After our pools match I was pretty salty so I didn't react in the best way because I was mad at myself. Your hyperaggressive playstyle is amazing, very hard to deal with and I had almost no chance to think or react during the game. Thanks for the tips at the end too.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Shoutouts to everyone for getting so much better in both pm and melee (list everyone here except alex since he needs to move in already). Making me have to work in pools matt-g and forte + jared making the bracket not easy either. Forte totes gonna break the top 5 vic players soon imo watch him

Teams was fun Dread but I can't carry hard enough soz I aint dekar.

Special shoutouts to Dave for never johning ever, I can't actually remember any time he has ever johned outside of having a burned finger at RMIT but even then he was like nah I'm good.

Tournament next weekend on the Sunday at the Masonic HQ of victoria, details to be posted tonight. Our reptile overlords will be pleased.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So many tournaments lately. It's awesome considering the slow start to this year.

Won't be able to make this one though, gotta take the wifey to a broadway play type thingy.

Splice

Smash Hero
Sunday? damn, I gotta take my waifu on a trip through the Green Hill Zone.

Actually I should still be able to make it. We'll be fast.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Shoutouts to Jay Varas and Hughie in Brawl for fun times. I need to practice up before SS lol.

Shoutouts to yerfday (I think) for some mega-close games, your edge grading was great man and unfortunately some jank kills on my part brought it back for me but I was really impressed by your skill.

Shoutouts to DJ (I think) for a great set, you had some really clutch kills in that second game to bring back a thoroughly deserved win (y)

Shoutouts to Juci for (another) great set, unfortunate SD in the third game gave me the win but was so close could've gone anyone's way, I noticed a lot of new techniques since last month that gave me a lot of trouble so if you keep up this pace you'll be jumping into the group of Melbourne's top players sooner rather than later.

Shoutouts to Forte for putting the style on me first game and for a real close game 2, your decisions and technical consistency were on a different level to anyone else I played yesterday. It was nice for me to see how I'd changed since I last played you at Miles' though lol.

Shoutout to Sebby for losing to Forte then leaving.

Top Bottom