• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

S.D

Smash Master
What time are people staying until?
Not sure but probably about 8 or so. Then people are going to Phils.

I'll team with you Mr Scribble?

Billeh we can talk/analyse melee later/at Phils. I don't think I'd be able to provide too much on the ground feedback for teams without watching it back so I doubt you'd get much out of it XD.

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
Everyone I may need to talk to my parents. As my dad just got back from Adelaide And is contemplating whether or not I can go!

S.D

Smash Master
There was some confusion in the SLHQ facebook event about Smash as raised by Atticus, but I have spoken to Chris from Shadowlogic and he said we are good to run a tournament tomorrow. See you all there at 12.

Also guys, with SS just around the corner should we start allocating seeding points based on tourney results between now and then? Or just do traditional off the cuff seeding for the major?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
ViVa are you going tomorrow?

Not sure seeding points would work, short notice for this tournament already means a number of notable players can't attend which hinders them in this regard. And people like Tibs are just bad and never show up anyway.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
even if we had regular tournaments all year leading up to shadowloo showdown i still wouldn't advocate seeding points since interstate attendance throws it all off anyway
tak not driving would be like tibs not raging

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Melee: 21 entrants
1. S.D
2. Dekar
3. Atticus
4. Splice
5. Toshi
5. Redact
7. Pelican
7. Joey
9. Tux
9. Timic
9. Mox
9. Slow
13. Bus
13. Nicks
13. Forte
13. Tommy
17. Matt
17. Aggro
17. Krisp
17. Shuvl
17. CM
[collapse=Melee singles bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl: 11 entrants
1. Ledge
2. Sebby
3. Splice (DQ winners)
4. Dean
5. Toshi
5. Jamwa
7. Nicks
7. Timic
9. Dekar
9. Shuvl
9. Tux
[collapse=Brawl singles bracket]
[/collapse]

Sebby

Smash Cadet
I had a lot of fun at this tournament as usual :), good stuff TO'ing by Dean and was fun seeing and playing everyone again. Also enjoyed commentating :D

Splice

Smash Hero
The size of this post is unnecessary.

shoutouts to Atticus for tightening up his tech skill within the space of an hour and a half and giving me a fresh whoopin'
shoutouts to Toshiba for sandbagging but being cool with it.
shoutouts to Bus for waking up!

Sebby & Ledge : I am likely repeating what you already know, but ofc you have to tighten up your MK play. In Brawl, decision making is key so to be making error on relatively easy inputs due to pressure needs to be eliminated. It shouldn't be happening, so many unforced errors deciding the match as much as actual good plays. It's good that you abuse things that work for you to Seb, but you repeat the actions too hastily and the opponent can maneoveur around you. A good option is not unbeatable, you have to do something different at some point. Try thinking about how your opponent is going to approach the situation you are giving them and be prepared for that. Think ahead more perhaps, or be more prepared to make a patient decision that will apply pressure without attempting to go for really big hits/rewards. Remember the power of chip damage in Brawl seb and just stacking it on safely. Your spacing is really good though man, both of you space pretty gud. I don't understand at all what the **** you guys are trying to do when you are both offstage though, I can only draw the conclusion that you must have some type of mental deficiency. ;p

Nicks: How the mighty have fallen

Timic: Tight snake play, I'm not sure where you made the time/effort to get better at Brawl but well done.

Agromijet: Good to see ya again bud, good friendlies. Funny that you were wrecking me (or at least going even) in the friendlies but you had a hard time in bracket. Did you catch a case of the chokes? Bad luck man, I think your Falco is better than your C.Falcon btw, you apply pressure rly gud

Redact: So much better than me, when I vs'd you I was expecting just insane tech and shield pressure to overwhelm me, but I forgot you are one of the few players who actually outsmarts/baits/mindgames me in Melee. QQ
Glad you felt you got your moneys worth with Pikmin 3!

S.D: Congrats on the win and thankyou for the privilege of teaming with you in doubles. I was upset that I had to use Jiggs because I didn't learn much with Jiggs but Redact gimps me too much too quickly when I am Falco.

Cheers to Max 'n' Floyd for the lift and conversation, gg's in bracket Pelican!

Cheers to Tak for car and making the effort to come to phils for a unique gaming experience

Cheers to Dekar for not only coming 2nd but for giving it a FAIR GO M8 AWW **** YEH GUD EFFORT and for participating in the prestigious commemoratory event of Pikmin 3's entry into the realm of competitive e-sports.

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
I guess so. I played 2 matches against characters I'm unfamiliar playing agaist - Jigglypuff and Sheik. Regardless, I think I played well against them. I think was 1 stocked in each game so fairly close.

S.D

Smash Master
Good tourney and SUPER exciting to see a lot of new faces. Melee was quite well attended even with several regulars missing. GGs to everyone, Dekar so cheesy don't know how you make it work but whatever it is you do makes me feel like an idiot like 90% of the time. Good teaming with you Billy, you've improved a lot. Next time I see you we will do some Falco practice I think there are a few things I could help you with.

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
This was really fun, kinda salty about losing a bunch of close tournament sets and as a result, doing so bad in brawl (vs. timic, dekar in brawl and pelican in melee and in melee doubles with sebby vs dekar and shuvl I think? (double jiggs <3)). GG's to everyone I played (and Dean and Kevin for letting me on the mic lol).

More pertinently though, after some intense training I can reveal that Jamwa has the strongest Pichu in Australia, possibly the entire universe. Maybe even beyond. Prepare yourselves, people.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I took a stock off Dekar, so does that mean i can take 2 stocks off Atticus, 3 stocks off Splice, and beat toshi/phil?

more importantly, D43n came 4th; the curse is lifted

keen to hear my commentary

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Thanks everyone for a fun day, played a lot of new people and learnt some new things.
Shoulda stayed Jiggz and gayed it out, my Falco can't quite keep up with Melbourne spacies just yet.
Shoutouts to Tux for showing me how ****ing stupid puff ditto's are, and SD/Dekar/Redact for showing Floyd how awesome Melee can get!

:D

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
Oh
Ok
Should of realised that shuvl would never leave his spacie
i could if i wanted to, i am just too worried to play jiggs as my fox can kick our jiggs ass!!!!

btw ill beat you any day at brawl with my wolf, diddy sonic or wario now!! i dont care if melee is more technical and more advanced.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Tournament without ViVa Leisha Jei Mozart = bad. Otherwise was good, thanks to all that helped.

Toshi: you're too good, stop losing in weird ways though please.
Ledge: did very well this tournament, good job winning. Footstool kill I don't approve of though.
Jamwa: you're commentary's good, I mean "what if there were critical hits in Brawl." Shame a moment of thoughtlessness cost you our set but you're much improved.
Sebby: I have to rely on Gordo to take games off you now. Unlucky not to win tournament, boss commentary.
Splice: sorry for DQing you in winners, no-one had any idea where you were. Beasting in Melee.
Kev: you commentated like every game (grand finals for one hour straight!), how's that for commitment.
Timic: dude have you been practising? You just destroyed everyone.
Khoa: thanks for friendlies as usual.
Joey: good work telling commentator's what's up.

Next tourney when?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
welcome new players who are way too good to be competing in their first tournament
impressive!

GGs all
shoutouts:
atticus - thanks for leaving me during grand finals, coach!
sd - so i have to ban yoshi's story... as marth... to perhaps win. lolll ggs
max - thanks for the extra pikmin 3 setup, was like christmas morning for splice and myself

Next tourney when?
this. hopefully we can have tourneys in august and september in the lead up to shadowloo showdown

also, rock this phat beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4_i4NZbzp3M&t=110

Splice

Smash Hero
Splice: sorry for DQing you in winners, no-one had any idea where you were. Beasting in Melee.
?
I went to sleep on a couch. Bus promised to wake me up when I had any Melee singles/doubles matches, lol.
However I was under the impression I requested to forfeit my Brawl match? Perhaps Gary was unclear on some wording hmm

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Yeah that might've been the case. You weren't really holding up the bracket so I was happy either way, I dropped you once I got the OK from you I think.

S.D

Smash Master
welcome new players who are way too good to be competing in their first tournament
impressive!

GGs all
shoutouts:
atticus - thanks for leaving me during grand finals, coach!
sd - so i have to ban yoshi's story... as marth... to perhaps win. lolll ggs
max - thanks for the extra pikmin 3 setup, was like christmas morning for splice and myself

this. hopefully we can have tourneys in august and september in the lead up to shadowloo showdown

also, rock this phat beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4_i4NZbzp3M&t=110
Lol just realised we shouldn't have had any bans in bo5. You should have got fd, but I actually think ps is the best cp for Marth vs spacies anyway.

Top Bottom