• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
shall vote for 9-Volt for popularatry and moveset potnehsall and No Additions for Pikmin, there are at least two left * Charlie and Plasmwraith* nether have a large chance so i shall note for nether.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I will also vote for 9-Volt. He is one of the orginal WarioWare characters and is one of the more popular ones.

And no additional characters for Pikmin.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Changing my Wario vote to 9-Volt, much like Jody he seems unlikely, but does have some reasonable basis for speculation.

Still no change for Pikmin (I wish they series'd have a proper villain one of these days)

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
The Smash 4 Speculation Charts are a compilation of characters the members of the forum vote to be placed in. The charts contains characters the community generally agrees have a chance of being playable in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U & 3DS.

Characters that contain a grey+white background are ones that we haven't seen in the game in any form.
Characters that contain a blue+white background are the ones we know are playable and are seen on the website.
Characters that contain a red+white background and are faded are characters we know aren't going to playable for one reason or another.
Characters that contain a green+white background and are faded are characters we know are assist characters.
Characters that contain a purple+white background are alternate costumes for playable characters.
Characters with a question mark on their icon means we know that they're in the game, but we don't how yet.

Right now you can vote to add one character from either the Fire Emblem franchise or the Kid Icarus franchise, and you can vote to add no characters from those franchises as well.
You can see who is already on the chart by going to the first page, so don't vote for anyone on the first page.
ah I see thank you for the info

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote No Additions for either.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
GIVE US THE RAISINS!
My apologies; I forgot to explain myself.

Captain Charlie: He seems like the only other Pikmin character who has a remote chance of getting in.

No additions for Wario: I don't feel like Wario will ever get another rep, besides maybe Waluigi, who is already listed.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
My apologies; I forgot to explain myself.

Captain Charlie: He seems like the only other Pikmin character who has a remote chance of getting in.
As opposed to you voting for him because you think he isn't the only other Pikmin character who has a remote chance of getting in?

We need to know his merits for being added. You know, an explanation of why you think he has a remote chance of getting in.

D

Deleted member

1st page updated.

Pikmin:
2 votes Charlie
8 votes No Additions

Wario:
8 votes 9-Volt
4 votes No Additions

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
For Pikmin I vote Chalie. Theres no one left besides him
For WarioWare I vote 9-Volt for already explained reasons

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pikmin:
3 votes Charlie
8 votes No Additions

Wario:
9 votes 9-Volt
4 votes No Additions

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll vote 9-Volt for Wario as well.

I'll vote No Additions on Pikmin too, as much as I'd love to see some certain other Pikmin characters.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I just can't decide between 9-Volt, Young Cricket, and Kat and Ana.:urg: As for Pikmin, I vote no additions.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
You know I have to do it.

Voting Plasm Wraith because it's the closest thing the series has to an actual villain(Of course, the general consensus seems to be no additions, but you know, I gotta raise awareness).

No additions for Wario.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
@GoldenYuiitusin
Think we ought to wrap it up here? No Additions on Pikmin and 9-Volt on Wario each have more than twice as many votes as the the rest of the votes combined in each series. The winners are pretty obvious at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pikmin:
3 votes Charlie
1 vote Plasma Wraith
12 votes No Additions

Wario:
11 votes 9-Volt
6 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote

Alright, 9-Volt is going to be added, and no additions will be made for Pikmin.

Next up is the Pre-Smash franchises.
Note: Before you vote on a character from a franchise that isn't present, make sure their franchise came before Smash Bros. existed.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I vote no additions.

I also move for a Post-Smash 4 category (prominently for Inkling) later in the vote.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I vote no additions.

I also move for a Post-Smash 4 category (prominently for Inkling) later in the vote.
I believe Post-Brawl would accommodate for that, since Splatoon would technically be Post-Brawl. It just seems unnecessary to make a new section for now, considering the only characters that would go on there are Inkling from Splatoon and Captain Fleming from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

I vote for No Additions as well, though mainly for the reason that I can't think of any notable Pre-Smash 64 characters we don't already have in the first place.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Pikmin:
3 votes Charlie
1 vote Plasma Wraith
12 votes No Additions

Wario:
11 votes 9-Volt
6 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote

Alright, 9-Volt is going to be added, and no additions will be made for Pikmin.

Next up is the Pre-Smash franchises.
Note: Before you vote on a character from a franchise that isn't present, make sure their franchise came before Smash Bros. existed.
If it is allowed, I vote Lip from Panel De Pon since her series started on the SNES before Super Smash Bros. 64 came around and has yet to be playable.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If it is allowed, I vote Lip from Panel De Pon since her series started on the SNES before Super Smash Bros. 64 came around and has yet to be playable.
Not only is Lip already on the chart, but she was deconfirmed with the reveal of Lip's Stick being an item once again.

It needs to be emphasized this time more than ever. You folks need to look at the chart before so much as breathing in this thread.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not only is Lip already on the chart, but she was deconfirmed with the reveal of Lip's Stick being an item once again.

It needs to be emphasized this time more than ever. You folks need to look at the chart before so much as breathing in this thread.
Oh. I don't see what having Lip's Stick as an item in Smash has anything to do with her being deconfirmed since she can use her Puzzling Fairy Magic without it, but I will abide by and understand the rules.

Thank you for your time and the explanation.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

I still to this day don't understand how that disconfirmed her, considering she uses magic and even if she had the stick in her moveset it definitely wouldn't do the same thing as the item, because that'd be pretty broken...
Anyway.
I vote no additions.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oh. I don't see what having Lip's Stick as an item in Smash has anything to do with her being deconfirmed since she can use her Puzzling Fairy Magic without it, but I will abide by and understand the rules.

Thank you for your time and the explanation.
I still to this day don't understand how that disconfirmed her, considering she uses magic and even if she had the stick in her moveset it definitely wouldn't do the same thing as the item, because that'd be pretty broken...
Anyway.
I vote no additions.
I don't run the charts so I don't have authority in the matter. I can only repeat what's been decided on.

Essentially, there's yet to be a single character in Smash Bros. to have their signature weapon be an item. No Master Sword, Arm Cannon, Galaxia, Dedede Hammer, Falchion, or Ragnell have been items in the past. It goes to understand a signature weapon such as Lip's Stick would not be separated from the character, making it easy to conclude that we wouldn't have Lip's Stick as an item if we actually had Lip. It makes no sense to think Lip would appear in the game with her signature weapon exclusive to her (it's in the friggin' name after all) being used by other characters, and thus Lip is deconfirmed for that reason. Considering how we've had 3 games with it and no Lip revealed thus far, it goes with reason to stay with that line of thinking.

Either way, we can't nominate Lip, as much as we'd all (myself included) would like her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This era's a tricky one so I'll vote no additions. fesably any one of Nintendo's oldies could make it. Even the ship from Radar Scope is Sakurai is that much of a wizard.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
5 votes No Additions

Only one, and you have to provide logical reasoning.
Okay, also if you don't mind my saying, I've changed my mind on all 3 of them, and I've decide to switch my vote to the "Marvelous Heroes", Dion, Max, and Jack. The reason I think they can be on the list is because:

I picture the 3 boys to switch out between battle, or least, be separate playable characters. Anyway, Dion could be a Speedster with Trickster properties, such as using various attacks to keep you confused. But he could be an All-Around character, with some fist-fighting moves overall. Also, I imagine him to be about the height of Ness and/or Lucas (Unless, they have the same height. I haven't seen them that close to each other in Brawl.) if not a bit shorter.

Max could obviously be a Bruiser, and as a bit of an added "joke" he'd be equipped with a few Resistor properties despite his appearance. Due to this, Max can also carry objects such as Crates and Barrels with ease and similar to Donkey Kong, he can move while carrying and he moves quite fast doing this. Not as fast as DK, but quite quick enough.

Jack seems like can be a bit of a Zoner while building different gadgets to help him in battle (Summoner) and also has an amazing jump height, almost reaching that of Falco in Melee and also his throws can all set up into combos, so he racks up damage well.

Also, their game actually has a bit of a cult following (along the lines of EarthBound) and overall, their popularity isn't much, but they could the unique gameplay mechanic of switching out during a battle. (Or simply make them separate playable characters, whichever comes first.)

D

Deleted member

7 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote
Okay, also if you don't mind my saying, I've changed my mind on all 3 of them, and I've decide to switch my vote to the "Marvelous Heroes", Dion, Max, and Jack. The reason I think they can be on the list is because:

I picture the 3 boys to switch out between battle, or least, be separate playable characters. Anyway, Dion could be a Speedster with Trickster properties, such as using various attacks to keep you confused. But he could be an All-Around character, with some fist-fighting moves overall. Also, I imagine him to be about the height of Ness and/or Lucas (Unless, they have the same height. I haven't seen them that close to each other in Brawl.) if not a bit shorter.

Max could obviously be a Bruiser, and as a bit of an added "joke" he'd be equipped with a few Resistor properties despite his appearance. Due to this, Max can also carry objects such as Crates and Barrels with ease and similar to Donkey Kong, he can move while carrying and he moves quite fast doing this. Not as fast as DK, but quite quick enough.

Jack seems like can be a bit of a Zoner while building different gadgets to help him in battle (Summoner) and also has an amazing jump height, almost reaching that of Falco in Melee and also his throws can all set up into combos, so he racks up damage well.

Also, their game actually has a bit of a cult following (along the lines of EarthBound) and overall, their popularity isn't much, but they could the unique gameplay mechanic of switching out during a battle. (Or simply make them separate playable characters, whichever comes first.)
Did you forget that Smash did away with mid-match character swaps?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
7 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote

Did you forget that Smash did away with mid-match character swaps?
Oh, yeah, Well, can I just vote Harry from Teleroboxer? Sorry to suddenly change my vote again, but I thought that Harry could be unique in the sense that he can have different boxing techniques from Mac.

Top Bottom