• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm surprised about no Marx!
(My vote is still for Adeleine, this post doesn't count).
Anyway, my other choices were Chef Kawasaki and Marx (with Circus Ability). not Magolor and Dynablade, the first because he's a flying character (but Dark Matter is also one, and it's in the chart) and the last because he's also a flying character and suffers of the same problem of, hem... Ridley *shield* XD
EDIT: Right, I forgot Daroach! He's my very second (kirby) choice after Adeleine, how could I forget about him.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Prince Fluff for DLC. With him originally planned as his own IP and Yarn Yoshi coming up in the future, I could very well see a later push for yarny shenanigans.

Adeleine is a forgotten face in the series (not even being referenced the way Kirby's animal friends are every other game) and the title of "Paint-based Fighter" is fiercely being fought over by Bowser Jr. and the Inklings, so she doesn't seem worth adding to the chart. Magolor and Daroach, despite their reappearances, don't stand out in other moveset potential nor role within the series itself. At the very least, not compared to the main three, Bandana, and Dark Matter.

My vote goes to Prince Fluff.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
I'll vote for Adeleine, because she's one of my "unlikely good idea" characters.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Adeleine is like the Geno of Kirby haha.
Magolor is next in line.
He is pretty important in tha last Kirby games.
Appears in Return to Dreamland, Dream Collection, and also has a lot of cameos in Triple Deluxe.
I'm pretty sure he will appear in Rainbow Curse too.

Has Moveset Potential.
Is your vote for Adeleine, Magolor or none of them? It's a tough fight between the two and your vote can be decisive XD (as for Ganon and Vaati, I'm for both of them)

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Is your vote for Adeleine, Magolor or none of them? It's a tough fight between the two and your vote can be decisive XD (as for Ganon and Vaati, I'm for both of them)
He was more joking of how Adeleine is like Geno, as in neither of them will get in.

He looks like he's supporting Magolor, by saying actual positive things about him.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
He was more joking of how Adeleine is like Geno, as in neither of them will get in.

He looks like he's supporting Magolor, by saying actual positive things about him.
But he didn't say "I vote for", he said "he is the next", so it's unclear... it could also be the next after Adeleine.
EDIT: I mean, maybe comparing characters to Geno means that despite fans asking for them, HAL doesn't use them... and maybe he was meaning that Magolor deserves more but he has low chances, like Adeleine and Geno.
That's not necessarily a vote; I wait for his reply anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

6 votes Adeleine
4 votes Prince Fluff
1 vote Nightmare
7 votes Magolor
1 vote Daroach
1 vote No Additions

No offense to the Adeleine supporters, but do you actually believe she's going to be in Smash? Because it seems more like you're voting her in because you like her, not because she makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote No Additions. I honestly think we're fine with who we have. Third time today I said this.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
6 votes Adeleine
4 votes Prince Fluff
1 vote Nightmare
7 votes Magolor
1 vote Daroach
1 vote No Additions

No offense to the Adeleine supporters, but do you actually believe she's going to be in Smash? Because it seems more like you're voting her in because you like her, not because she makes sense.
I noticed that you don't like the character (I read your old posts in this thread), but this doesn't mean that she shouldn't have chances. Please, try to be impartial and deal with the fact that she's getting some votes. There shouldn't be a reason for liking a character, or you like it, or you don't like it. Read my thread about Adeleine if you want to know why I voted her, I actually think she has a lot of potential and actually deserves to be in, and not just for personal tastes.
Anyway if I counted right Adeleine and Magolor have the same amount of points (both 6 or 7 can't remember) and Chandelure's vote is ambiguous, so I think it's better to wait his reply before considering his vote.

If she has low chances, is more because Sakurai don't want humans in the Kirby franchise, but the character itself is allright for being in Smash.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Is Adeleine Sakurai's creation?
Also , YES, I believe she have a BIGGER chance than people think.
Look at Rosalina. Everybody saying that the next Mario rep. would be Bowser jr. or Toad. Also look at Robin, everybody was expectating Chrom... I think she is most unique than the others, I really think she have a good chance and she is REALLY underrated...
The only thing she lacks is popularity (or maybe not, since she is the second most voted and is losing for just one vote)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
But he didn't say "I vote for", he said "he is the next", so it's unclear... it could also be the next after Adeleine.
EDIT: I mean, maybe comparing characters to Geno means that despite fans asking for them, HAL doesn't use them... and maybe he was meaning that Magolor deserves more but he has low chances, like Adeleine and Geno.
That's not necessarily a vote; I wait for his reply anyway.
I voted for Magolor, sorry.
I said that Adeleine is like Geno, because they are unimportant and also have 0% chances of being playable, but they are popular.
Well, Geno is more popular...

Is Adeleine Sakurai's creation?
Also , YES, I believe she have a BIGGER chance than people think.
Look at Rosalina. Everybody saying that the next Mario rep. would be Bowser jr. or Toad. Also look at Robin, everybody was expectating Chrom... I think she is most unique than the others, I really think she have a good chance and she is REALLY underrated...
The problem is that Robin and Rosalina are important.
You can nominate Adeleine in the Rate their Chances thread, and you will see what happens.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yes, Adeleine has 7 votes too, Laniv voted for her (it's still a tie even with Chandelure's vote for Magolor)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't see Adeleine happening at all. It's one thing to add in Rosalina, who has had lasting importance since her inception, but another to add Adeleine, who basically has Brawl in the Family as her biggest role. :p

And for a series like Kirby, a recurring important character like Bandanna Dee would be added before her anyway, methinks. Magalor could be neat though.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Voting for Magolor. He's extremely popular in the Kirby fanbase and, like Chandelure said, has tons of cameos in recent Kirby games. He would be a cool mage character as well.
I like Adeleine and she does have moveset potential but she just isn't recurring enough. She only appeared in one game and didn't even get a keychain in Triple Deluxe.
(Like I said before, the Triple Deluxe puzzle panel has keychains of the "main" characters of the Kirby franchise: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Dee, and... Magolor.)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't see Adeleine happening at all. It's one thing to add in Rosalina, who has had lasting importance since her inception, but another to add Adeleine, who basically has Brawl in the Family as her biggest role. :p

And for a series like Kirby, a recurring important character like Bandanna Dee would be added before her anyway, methinks. Magalor could be neat though.
I see Magolor as unlikely, since it's a floating character, he can't walk and it's impossible to adapt him to Smash's gameplay. That's incredibly subjective; everyone see the chances of their favorite characters, let's just see what the people will vote.

Anyway, I don't want to criticize too much, but I think that Dark Matter is a bit out of place... Dark Matter is not a character, it is a specie... the one in the op. is not a normal Dark Matter, it's Dark Matter Swordman/Knight and that's a temporary transformation of a regular Dark Matter, who's real form is offcourse a generic Dark Matter. (other than the fact that Dark Matter is a floating character, none of the Dark Matters were ever seen walking in a Kirby game, unlike you count Miracle Matter rolling in his stone form as walking, or Gooey, but that's another character).

If anything, 0/02 is the iconic leader of the Dark Matters, but I can't see that character being playable outside from a constant final smash state.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This will answer your question XD

Zem-raj said: "For the Kirby series, I'd vote for Daroach, he seems to look cool enough".

A lot of these people are voting for the character they like, for the one who looks "cooler", not because the character is important or likely.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Zem-raj said: "For the Kirby series, I'd vote for Daroach, he seems to look cool enough".

A lot of these people are voting for the character they like, for the one who looks "cooler", not because the character is important or likely.
Actually, Daroach was a main in 1 game and an important NPC in another (Squeak Squad and Mass Attack), and he did some cameos, so he's not so unlikely... or anyway, his chances are low, but not completely null; to me he has the same chances as Magolor (as playable). But most probably Magolor will be represented more because he's more recent.
Anyway, you're talking about how people make their choices, and that's true, but it's true for every character.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Well when it comes to Kirby characters, Daroach is arguably one of the better ones. I wish he would make another appearance, his Mass Attack appearance left me wanting to see more of him and the Squeak Squad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I noticed that you don't like the character (I read your old posts in this thread), but this doesn't mean that she shouldn't have chances.
Being on the chart isn't "giving someone a chance". It's reflecting who has a chance with logic behind it.
Adeleine is not one of those characters.
And because of this (as well as people giving random votes for characters like a Bandit, Rambi, Larry Koopa, Nabooru, etc.), I'm going to be more strict about people giving explanations for the characters; logical explanations.

Please, try to be impartial and deal with the fact that she's getting some votes. There shouldn't be a reason for liking a character, or you like it, or you don't like it. Read my thread about Adeleine if you want to know why I voted her, I actually think she has a lot of potential and actually deserves to be in, and not just for personal tastes.
Whether or not you think (or I think for that matter) she deserves to be in doesn't matter. There is no reason to believe she actually has a legitimate chance on a logical level.
I see Whispy Woods as deserving since he's the most common boss in the franchise. Doesn't mean he actually has a shot.

If she has low chances, is more because Sakurai don't want humans in the Kirby franchise, but the character itself is allright for being in Smash.
She's a minor character that appears only thrice in a 24 game franchise (and the third being because the two games she was in are featured in Dream Collection) with meager popularity.
That's why her odds are practically zero. Even Geno, who's more minor of a character than Adeleine is in comparison, had a huge following in Brawl's time that was hard to ignore.
And bear in mind that Sakurai hasn't been in charge of the Kirby series since after Air Ride, so her being excluded from the series since then while many other old faces resurfaced as of late can't be blamed on Sakurai.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Being on the chart isn't "giving someone a chance". It's reflecting who has a chance with logic behind it.
And because of this (as well as people giving random votes for characters like a Bandit, Rambi, Larry Koopa, Nabooru, etc.), I'm going to be more strict about people giving explanations for the characters; logical explanations.

Whether or not you think (or I think for that matter) she deserves to be in doesn't matter. There is no reason to believe she actually has a legitimate chance on a logical level.
I see Whispy Woods as deserving since he's the most common boss in the franchise. Doesn't mean he actually has a shot.

She's a minor character that appears only thrice in a 24 game franchise (and the third being because the two games she was in are featured in Dream Collection) with meager popularity.
That's why her odds are practically zero. Even Geno, who's more minor of a character than Adeleine is in comparison, had a huge following in Brawl's time that was hard to ignore.
And bear in mind that Sakurai hasn't been in charge of the Kirby series since after Air Ride, so her being excluded from the series since then while many other old faces resurfaced as of late can't be blamed on Sakurai.
The Ice Climbers had no following, and an even older game than Adeleine. Yes she's minor, and has small chances, but just because you think she won't get in doesn't mean she won't. I mean, Game & Watch wasn't even a legitimate character before smash. Anything can happen. As long as they are a Nintendo character, they have a small chance. I think it would be strange for you to ignore people's votes for a character simply because YOU think she has no chance.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Since this is about logic, why is this a poll with people voting? Wasn't better deciding with other systems? I explained why Adeleine is more important than what people think, and I also explained why Dark Matter isn't a logical choice. I don't see logic in this. What's the logic in Kiddy Kong? How many times Kiddy Kong appeared in the franchise? 1? DK64 maybe? I dunno, DK is not my favorite franchise, but I think it's a very obscure character since I never seen it in so many years, even watching playthrough of many DK games and searching informations. He is in the OP.
Adeleine is A WHOLE LOT more popular and important than Kiddy Kong.

Also, why the hell flying character are even allowed to be part of this poll? How can you play to a game that consists in making your opponent fall out of the ring, where some of the characters can simply stay mid air and wait? Unless you nerf them by making them floating at 5 inches from the ground, but that's unnatural and bad looking (it only works with some characters, for example Rosalina, Mewtwo, and I think it would work with Daroach as well, but not with Taranza, Magolor and Dark Matter). What's the moveset potential of Magolor, can you explain? (outside from final smash and even more final smash, and soul final smash) Marx has the circus ability, and Marx is a lot more iconic than Magolor... Magolor is based on Marx, and Marx is still making cameos. Why choosing Magolor over Marx? Because people voted it?

I had no problem with this if it was just about votes, but since you said that there is a logic behind this, then no, there isn't logic behind a vote, it's just personal tastes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Ice Climbers had no following, and an even older game than Adeleine. Yes she's minor, and has small chances, but just because you think she won't get in doesn't mean she won't. I mean, Game & Watch wasn't even a legitimate character before smash. Anything can happen. As long as they are a Nintendo character, they have a small chance. I think it would be strange for you to ignore people's votes for a character simply because YOU think she has no chance.
The Ice Climbers were also the stars of a classic NES title, which Sakurai was specifically looking for.
Mr. Game & Watch, while technically non-existent as an individual prior to Smash, represents the entire scope of the Game & Watch franchise, which was a highly successful product of Nintendo.
To compare Adeleine to them is pretty weak.

And I never said I was ignoring the votes. I just don't see why anyone would vote for her when there are dozens of Kirby characters that have far better odds.

Since this is about logic, why is this a poll with people voting? Wasn't better deciding with other systems? I explained why Adeleine is more important than what people think, and I also explained why Dark Matter isn't a logical choice. I don't see logic in this. What's the logic in Kiddy Kong? How many times Kiddy Kong appeared in the franchise? 1? DK64 maybe? I dunno, DK is not my favorite franchise, but I think it's a very obscure character since I never seen it in so many years, even watching playthrough of many DK games and searching informations. He is in the OP.
Adeleine is A WHOLE LOT more popular and important than Kiddy Kong.
Your excuse for Dark Matter was that "he floats", which was a bull**** excuse.
As for your reasonings on why Adeleine is more "important" that what people think, I don't have time right now, but I will eventually discredit each and every point.
And, since you're going on the path of "well why does so-and-so from this series get to be on the chart" whining, you've failed to recognize that Kiddy Kong, just like Baby Luigi as I've explained earlier, is only on the chart for the potential tag-team option available (i.e. Dixie and Kiddy). He wouldn't be included in Smash or the chart otherwise.

Also, why the hell flying character are even allowed to be part of this poll? How can you play to a game that consists in making your opponent fall out of the ring, where some of the characters can simply stay mid air and wait? Unless you nerf them by making them floating at 5 inches from the ground, but that's unnatural and bad looking. What's the moveset potential of Magolor, can you explain? (outside from final smash and even more final smash, and soul final smash) Marx has the circus ability, and Marx is a lot more iconic than Magolor... Magolor is based on Marx, and Marx is still making cameos. Why choosing Magolor over Marx? Because people voted it?
What is this I don't even....
I currently don't have time to delve into this, but I will point out how idiotic this argument is when I get the chance.

I had no problem with this if it was just about votes, but since you said that there is a logic behind this, then no, there isn't logic behind a vote, it's just personal tastes.
If it was just personal tastes, the chart would be much different than it is now.
Just because you've got bad logic doesn't mean the chart doesn't follow logic.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Also, why the hell flying character are even allowed to be part of this poll? How can you play to a game that consists in making your opponent fall out of the ring, where some of the characters can simply stay mid air and wait?
The best part is that you're asking this question on a Kirby poll of all things. :laugh:

And I guess he's just asking for some taste in what we vote for. It's easy to just slap anyone we can think of onto the chart, but we're doing our best to narrow down to choices that actually seem realistic. By adding someone, we're trying to add characters we may have missed before that seem like they stand a chance in the realm of DLC now. This isn't supposed to be a popularity contest, anyway.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The Ice Climbers were also the stars of a classic NES title, which Sakurai was specifically looking for.
Mr. Game & Watch, while technically non-existent as an individual prior to Smash, represents the entire scope of the Game & Watch franchise, which was a highly successful product of Nintendo.
To compare Adeleine to them is pretty weak.

And I never said I was ignoring the votes. I just don't see why anyone would vote for her when there are dozens of Kirby characters that have far better odds.

Your excuse for Dark Matter was that "he floats", which was a bull**** excuse.
As for your reasonings on why Adeleine is more "important" that what people think, I don't have time right now, but I will eventually discredit each and every point.
And, since you're going on the path of "well why does so-and-so from this series get to be on the chart" whining, you've failed to recognize that Kiddy Kong, just like Baby Luigi as I've explained earlier, is only on the chart for the potential tag-team option available (i.e. Dixie and Kiddy). He wouldn't be included in Smash or the chart otherwise.

What is this I don't even....
I currently don't have time to delve into this, but I will point out how idiotic this argument is when I get the chance.

If it was just personal tastes, the chart would be much different than it is now.
Just because you've got bad logic doesn't mean the chart doesn't follow logic.
I don't think your arguments make much sense either, though. You're saying Adeleine isn't important enough and doesn't have a large enough fan base to be on the charts, but characters like Funky, Kiddy, Dark Matter, and Ninten are on the charts... None of them are very important/have large amounts of fans asking for then to be included.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I still haven't ever heard about Kiddy Kong until now. I discovered now that it's from DKCIII and a Gameboy title. Anyway, I'm 100% sure that it's very minor, a lot less relevant than Adeleine. Baby DK is already part of a yoshi game on DS, and it wasn't Kiddy Kong. If Kiddy Kong was relevant, probably he would have been Kiddy Kong instead.

The best part is that you're asking this question on a Kirby poll of all things. :laugh:

And I guess he's just asking for some taste in what we vote for. It's easy to just slap anyone we can think of onto the chart, but we're doing our best to narrow down to choices that actually seem realistic. By adding someone, we're trying to add characters we may have missed before that seem like they stand a chance in the realm of DLC now. This isn't supposed to be a popularity contest, anyway.
Kirby can do multiple jumps mid-air; they're unlimited in most of his games, but anyway, he's mainly a character who walks and fights on land. Magolor, Taranza and Dark Matter are character that can't even stay on land. They fly all the time and they're unable to fight on land unless forced by horrible limitations.

@GoldenYuiitusin your opinion is heavily biased, you're proving it many times, and the worst part is that when you're unable to reply, you say "I have no time, I'd contraddict you in everything if I had". You probably would, but probably with wrong arguments made up just for the sake of contraddicting me. Anyway, this is getting really bad, it's better to stop it here (I know you won't, but I will).
OK then, you'll be happy to not add Adeleine in the "roster" just because you don't like her and you don't even know almost anything about her, for the second time, I'm fine with it.

If you want though, I'd like if you express your opinion on why between Magolor and Marx, Magolor should have more chances of being in. The facts say that Marx is a lot more important and popular in the Kirby fandom, being from a more iconic game and having cameo still now, and Magolor himself is a revisioned version of Marx, completely based on him; in your roster prediction, you're adding Magolor instead, because it has 9 votes while Adeleine has 7 (not 6, 7 I checked) (logic vs preference votes).

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Kirby can do multiple jumps mid-air; they're unlimited in most of his games, but anyway, he's mainly a character who walks and fights on land. Magolor, Taranza and Dark Matter are character that can't even stay on land. They fly all the time and they're unable to fight on land unless forced by horrible limitations.
Or, and hear me out with this one, make them float right on the land so they're still floaty while being on the ground? Just like Rosalina, who is already in Smash Bros.? What a concept!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't think your arguments make much sense either, though. You're saying Adeleine isn't important enough and doesn't have a large enough fan base to be on the charts, but characters like Funky, Kiddy, Dark Matter, and Ninten are on the charts... None of them are very important/have large amounts of fans asking for then to be included.
Funky Kong is a recurring character in the DK franchise, one of the few ones created by Rare to still appear in titles. He was also in a Mario Kart game, which is a significant feat in it's own right.
Kiddy Kong is only on the roster because he could be in a tag team with Dixie Kong. If Dixie is confirmed without him, he's automatically disconfirmed.
Dark Matter is a recurring foe in the Kirby series, and seems to act as the secondary main villain of the franchise (maybe even the primary one, since Dedede isn't really that much of a villain in the first place).
Ninten is the original MOTHER protagonist.

Adeleine appeared as a helper / playable character in minigames in Kirby 64 and never appeared again.
Even Ado has had more appearances than her, albeit less significant.
I still haven't ever heard about Kiddy Kong until now. I discovered now that it's from DKCIII and a Gameboy title. Anyway, I'm 100% sure that it's very minor, a lot less relevant than Adeleine. Baby DK is already part of a yoshi game on DS, and it wasn't Kiddy Kong. If Kiddy Kong was relevant, probably he would have been Kiddy Kong instead.
Kiddy Kong isn't baby Donkey Kong. He's a separate character. It would make no sense for Kiddy Kong to be mixed in with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Wario.
Mewtwo never walked in Melee, he always floated (Not in his stance, but that doesn't matter).
Whether a character as the ability to fly or not is insignificant. It shouldn't matter when you can play as Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Charizard. You know, characters that are capable of being able to fly in the air for extended periods of time but can't in Smash for balance.
You can play as Palutena for goodness sakes, a Goddess, she should just able to kill everybody with the snap of a finger. But no, she doesn't. For the sake of balance.
If Magolor or Dark Matter were playable they wouldn't be able to fly all over the place, they'd just have multiple jumps.

@GoldenYuiitusin your opinion is heavily biased, you're proving it many times, and the worst part is that when you're unable to reply, you say "I have no time, I'd contraddict you in everything if I had". You probably would, but probably with wrong arguments made up just for the sake of contraddicting me. Anyway, this is getting really bad, it's better to stop it here (I know you won't, but I will).
OK then, you'll be happy to not add Adeleine in the "roster" just because you don't like her and you don't even know almost anything about her, for the second time, I'm fine with it.

If you want though, I'd like if you express your opinion on why between Magolor and Marx, Magolor should have more chances of being in. The facts say that Marx is a lot more important and popular in the Kirby fandom, being from a more iconic game and having cameo still now, and Magolor himself is a revisioned version of Marx, completely based on him; in your roster prediction, you're adding Magolor instead, because it has 9 votes while Adeleine has 7 (not 6, 7 I checked) (logic vs preference votes).
Both characters have an audience sure, but one character is actually being used by HAL consistently while the other hasn't been bothered with since her conception.
At the end of the day, Adeleine's popularity is mostly thanks to Brawl in the Family. Something I don't think Nintendo takes into consideration (I mean just look at Waluigi if you want proof).

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Funky Kong is a recurring character in the DK franchise, one of the few ones created by Rare to still appear in titles. He was also in a Mario Kart game, which is a significant feat in it's own right.
Kiddy Kong is only on the roster because he could be in a tag team with Dixie Kong. If Dixie is confirmed without him, he's automatically disconfirmed.
Dark Matter is a recurring foe in the Kirby series, and seems to act as the secondary main villain of the franchise (maybe even the primary one, since Dedede isn't really that much of a villain in the first place).
Ninten is the original MOTHER protagonist.

Adeleine appeared as a helper / playable character in minigames in Kirby 64 and never appeared again.
Even Ado has had more appearances than her, albeit less significant.
Officially, it's unknown if Ado and Adeleine are the same character or not (in the Anniversary Edition booklet they wrote that probably Ado is just Adeleine's nickname, but it's officially, purposely unknown) Anyway, even if they are separate, they still share the exact same concept, kinda like Ocarina of Time Link and Twilight Princess Link (two separate characters from 2 eras, who are the same character), so it makes no sense considering them as 2 characters.

Dark Matter is the main villain of many games, but he's not a character, it's a specie. There are many Dark Matters and are all the same. Dark Matter stopped appearing just when Ado/Adeleine aslo stopped appearing. They appeared just in 1 more game because Adeleine wasn't even created yet in KDL2. There is the thing about Dark Nebula, but it's still unknown if it's really related to the Dark Matter specie... anyway they're just vague references and some rare cameos. Unless they make another game with Dark Matters, the games where Dark Matter is the final boss are a small minority to the franchise. It's not a recurring villain anymore, by more than a decade now.

I made this chart of the most relevant Kirby characters and yes, it may not be really accurate, but it shows who are the most deserving characters in the franchise. As you see, Bandana Dee is not at the top, and I also got some unexpected results. Even the fact that Adeleine is so high, I didn't expected that.
Opening the spoiler you can look at the points and how they are calculated. If you remove everything (moveset potential, relevance points) Adeleine is still second after Bandana Dee.
At the end, I think the only characters who are worth to be considered are Adeleine, Prince Fluff, Daroach, Magolor, Marx, Bandana Waddle Dee and Chef Kawasaki.

Both characters have an audience sure, but one character is actually being used by HAL consistently while the other hasn't been bothered with since her conception.
At the end of the day, Adeleine's popularity is mostly thanks to Brawl in the Family. Something I don't think Nintendo takes into consideration (I mean just look at Waluigi if you want proof).
In Kirby Fighter Z you can unlock Marx's hat for beam ability, and you can play as a sort of semi-Marx if you change the color of Kirby. Marx appears in every game-ending videos (100%) since Superstar Ultra, and there are many references to him (without counting that Magolor himself is a reference of Marx, and in a fancervice dialogue he even hints that Magolor and Marx were friends in the past).

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Officially, it's unknown if Ado and Adeleine are the same character or not (in the Anniversary Edition booklet they wrote that probably Ado is just Adeleine's nickname, but it's officially, purposely unknown) Anyway, even if they are separate, they still share the exact same concept, kinda like Ocarina of Time Link and Twilight Princess Link (two separate characters from 2 eras, who are the same character), so it makes no sense considering them as 2 characters.
So then add Dreamland 3 and Triple Deluxe's keychain. It still doesn't really help that much.
Dark Matter is the main villain of many games, but he's not a character, it's a specie. There are many Dark Matters and are all the same. Dark Matter stopped appearing just when Ado/Adeleine aslo stopped appearing. They appeared just in 1 more game because Adeleine wasn't even created yet in KDL2. There is the thing about Dark Nebula, but it's still unknown if it's really related to the Dark Matter specie... anyway they're just vague references and some rare cameos. Unless they make another game with Dark Matters, the games where Dark Matter is the final boss are a small minority to the franchise. It's not a recurring villain anymore, by more than a decade now.
There is a single entity of Dark Matter, it's referred to as "Real Dark Matter" (Which is the one in the chart). It's really no different from having Bandana Waddle Dee or Toad in the chart.
I made this chart of the most relevant Kirby characters and yes, it may not be really accurate, but it shows who are the most deserving characters in the franchise. As you see, Bandana Dee is not at the top, and I also got some unexpected results. Even the fact that Adeleine is so high, I didn't expected that.
Opening the spoiler you can look at the points and how they are calculated. If you remove everything (moveset potential, relevance points) Adeleine is still second after Bandana Dee.
At the end, I think the only characters who are worth to be considered are Adeleine, Prince Fluff, Daroach, Magolor, Marx, Bandana Waddle Dee and Chef Kawasaki.
Uniqueness is subject to one's own personal opinion. So iunno if the chart would be marked as valid, especially seeing how biased you are on some of these characters as well.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's ambiguous, but more is pointing to different characters. You shouldn't just assume they're the same.

Species. It has an "s" even in the singular form. I'm not sure if English is your first language, but I just wanted to point that out for future reference.

Anyway, the species argument isn't the strongest. Yoshi is a good example of it not working. It's the concept of the species being the main villain that matters.

This isn't really empirical data. It's based on opinions, as you said, so it doesn't prove who is more deserving.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So then add Dreamland 3 and Triple Deluxe's keychain. It still doesn't really help that much.
There is a single entity of Dark Matter, it's referred to as "Real Dark Matter" (Which is the one in the chart). It's really no different from having Bandana Waddle Dee or Toad in the chart.
Uniqueness is subject to one's own personal opinion. So iunno if the chart would be marked as valid, especially seeing how biased you are on some of these characters as well.
No, there isn't a single entity called Real Dark Matter. It was in KDL2 maybe, then after the second attack it was demonstered that there are lots of Dark Matters and the leader entity is Zero, who even creates them during the bossfight.

Also that chart is not biased in any way, if it was biased, I would have put Prince Fluff and Magolor a lot lower. If you actually read it, you'll notice that it's based on how many time those characters appeared and how big their role was in each game where they appeared.
I don't want to continue the discussion about the bias as I stated before, I don't want flames all around.
(the only "biased" part is the moveset potential one, because it's obviously based on personal opinions; anyway I excluded those scores from the second chart).
I just did some analysis with some datas.
The importance of the role is based of how the characters contributes to the story of the game, and being an important character in the story is more important than being playable in the chart, as many characters like Zelda are important but they have never been playable, for example.

EDIT: English is not my main language, I'm Italian

Yoshi is a species but it also represents a franchise, Yoshi's Island. I doubt he would have been playable if that franchise wasn't created. For the same reason, I think that Cpt. Toad makes a lot more sense than Bandana Dee, despite both of them being generic creatures made different by a detail. CPT Toad has a spin-off franchise, and an unique gameplay to represent, while Bandana Dee is just Dedede's sidekick. He has many chances of being in, but those chances are only due to his high popularity, because his roles in games weren't really much different from Toad's (a generic one, not the captain). If Sakurai decides to take popularity in consideration, then Bandana Dee would surely be in, but if he uses another method to choice his characters, I doubt he would have many chances (as Toad proved in the past, twice in a row, probably thrice). but that's a whole other argument.

EDIT: I already speculated time ago that this time we will not get any Kirby newcomer. I hope I'm wrong, but by my logic, all other characters outside from Dedede and MK have not chances enough to be in. The only one who would make a bit of sense is, yes, by my logic at least, Adeleine, and I think Sakurai won't put her in the roster because he doesn't want human characters in Kirby. That's my prediction, and it's very bad, how can this be biased?
The only "hope" is if he takes popularity in consideration, then Bandana Dee would be possible (and I don't even want him), he's the only one that could make into the game, but the chances are still low (like 30/40%), at least by my speculation. The chances have been raised a bit with the inclusion of Lucina and Robin, because Lucina/Marth (depending by the point of view) is not that necessary to the roster but he included him/her anyway. This opens the doors for some characters with low chances, but at the same way, with the confirmed and the veterans, the roster is becoming too big, and since the icons of the characters have to be all in one screen (at least on WiiU) to allow more player to select the characters at once, the number of newcomers is still very limited.

Anyway, it's very cool (sarcasm) how each time Adeleine is mentioned in this thread, a war starts.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The only really important characters I can consider for Smash is Bandana Dee and Magolor honestly. Both have been a lot more reoccurring lately, they're fresh, and they're quite liked. I think anything else it a bit too much for a series with very little other reoccurring and influential characters. I don't think Dark Matter works as he doesn't have just one form that is more iconic and would look silly as an eyeball fighter. Dark Matter Swordsman is cool and from one of my more liked Kirby games but he's not recognizable even to a bulk of Kirby fans as I feel like DL2 is really underplayed and unappreciated.

Bandana Dee - Been around since SNES days, has been PLAYABLE, cameos in various games, reoccurring across various games, looks to also be appearing in Rainbow Curse. Has now become a recognizable staple character in the franchise as of late. Featured on merchandise and and streetpass hat, etc;

Magolor - Recent villain, reoccurring in three games, cameos, fresh and popular but becoming a regular member of the universe. Recognizable and a good possible villain rep. Would have a great potential moveset . Appears in Return to Dreamland, Dream Collection, and Dedede Drum Dash Z, cameos in Triple Deluxe. So it looks like we'll be seeing more of him in the future.

Anything else I don't see resonating well and would feel like forced inclusion. I think these two are the best possible characters for newcomers, honestly.

Prince Fluff has only been in one game and not exactly a Kirby game entirely handled by HAL but forced. I really think as a KIRBY rep he'd be a poor choice to represent the franchise.

Ado hasn't been relevant in a long time. I don't even consider her as an option honestly. She's in two games and forgotten. I really don't think she's a good rep for the whole of the Kirby franchise or the future of the franchise while I see Bandana Dee and Magolor being relevant now and in the future.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No, there isn't a single entity called Real Dark Matter. It was in KDL2 maybe, then after the second attack it was demonstered that there are lots of Dark Matters and the leader entity is Zero, who even creates them during the bossfight.
Yet Dark Matter is the one with the feasible body type that represents the same thing. There is no issue with it being the chart if it's fitting to be there.
Also that chart is not biased in any way, if it was biased, I would have put Prince Fluff and Magolor a lot lower. If you actually read it, you'll notice that it's based on how many time those characters appeared and how big their role was.
I'm reading your thoughts on how unique a character can be. Sounds pretty biased to me.
moveset potential: first spear user 5pt. generic melee hits -1pt. low potential for special moves -2pt. forced final smash (Waddle Dee tank or Dee Army, never done in games, not directly) -2pt.
moveset potential: too big/not suited for being a fighter -2pt. low potential for creative moves -1pt. no final smash -5pt. theorically unlimited fly, but it's heavy -1pt.
moveset potential: stick+claws as weapon, a bit unusual but not completely original (Wolf uses claws too) +2pt. both magical and melee moves are possible, a moveset is easy to make 3pt. theorically unlimited fly, but can also walk -2pt. Triple Star as final smash 3pt.
moveset potential: meta knight semi-clone -3pt. strange weapon similar to a spear 1pt. not much difference from his default moves and a possible "final smash" move, but a final smash would be possible; a bit generic maybe 0pt.
moveset potential: low normal moves potential -2pt. some special moves are hard to adapt -1pt. no final smash -5pt. interesting duo concept but already used by the Ice Climbers 0pt.
moveset potential: first character using a paintbrush as weapon 5pt. weak normal moves but upgradable using paint mechanics; much potential for special moves; creative moveset +5pt. perfect for final smash +5pt.
moveset potential: Whip-like moves to attack (not original but few character use them) +2pt. normal moves using yarn as a whip, special moves with transformations, creative moveset +5pt. forced final smash (something involving fabric and zips I think), or generic KirbMaster Tank tranformation (at least he did this in the game) 0pt.
moveset potential: full time flying, can't walk -5pt. almost no moveset potential -5pt. prtfect for final smash 5pt.
Seems a little opinionated imo, there are many ways to make all of these characters viable in a Smash setting.
But this ranking system seems to be very unbalanced.
I don't want to continue the discussion about the bias as I stated before, I don't want flames all around.
I just did some analysis with some datas.
The importance of the role is based of how the characters contributes to the story of the game, and being an important character in the story is more important than bein playable in the chart, as many characters like Zelda are important but they have never been playable, for example.
Then what is the issue with Dark Matter and Magolor then??

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I really like Daroach but the most logical choice is magolor so I'm gonna vote for him.

In Kirby Fighter Z you can unlock Marx's hat for beam ability, and you can play as a sort of semi-Marx if you change the color of Kirby. Marx appears in every game-ending videos (100%) since Superstar Ultra, and there are many references to him (without counting that Magolor himself is a reference of Marx, and in a fancervice dialogue he even hints that Magolor and Marx were friends in the past).
I'm a bit confused as of how you tallied up the points in your chart. Bandana Dee gets 2 points for being playable but having "no real role" in return to dreamland, while Adeleine gets 5 points for being a main character in K64? Bandana Dee had just about the same role Adeleine did except he was playable in the main game.

Top Bottom