• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

@ AEMehr AEMehr
I need new Zelda, Pokémon, Pre-64, and Pre-Melee charts.
They're no longer working on the front post.

Last edited by a moderator:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@ AEMehr AEMehr
I need new Zelda, Pokémon, Pre-64, and Pre-Melee charts.
They're no longer working on the front post.
That's because I thought you updated them before.
So I forgot to disconfirm Mr. Resetti, so to make up for that I remade a whole lot of the other disconfirmed icons so they looked more uniform and nicer in general.

Donkey Kong Country

• Cranky Kong's artwork changed.

The Legend of Zelda

• Toon Sheik's and Tingle's artwork changed.

Yoshi's Island

• Kamek's artwork changed.

Pokémon

• Pokémon Trainer Red's, Pokémon Trainer Leaf's, Zoroark's, and Genesect's artwork changed.

Pre-Smash 64

• Tamagon's, Devil's, and Lip's artwork changed.

Pre-Melee

• Isa Jo's and Tom Nook's artwork changed.
• Mr Resetti has been disconfirmed (During the Invitational, is a background character on Town and City).

Pre-Brawl

• Nintencat's artwork changed.
• Chorus Men renamed to Chorus Kids and artwork changed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's because I thought you updated them before.
....how did I not see this post?

Welp, front post updated.

EDIT: Looked into the Japanese Miiverse quote for the Color-TV Game 15 Assist.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKluw4y5zA

The last line roughly translates to "Of the works/creations to make a Smash Bros. appearance, it is the oldest."

So, yup. Wild Gunman disconfirmed.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
woop woop
Nice to see another big deconfirmation.

Will update at the end of the week along with Wild Gunman as well.

D

Deleted member

Alright, it's that time again.

Due to DLC being an option, this means that characters perceived as "too late to make a difference" can actually make a difference later on.
So, now we'll go to voting on additions for the charts once more, starting with Mario.

Note: You cannot vote for characters that were already disconfirmed, even if "they can be DLC later!". i.e. Skull Kid, Rayman, Brittney, etc.
Also, there will be two additions that I will keep undisclosed until their charts are up. You may or may not agree with them, but TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME! I have my reasons.

I'm going to open up the floor for Mario with the one character I'm sure is going to get the votes:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Captain Toad yes yes.

I would suggest Fawful but that is never happening :/

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Why is Dark Matter swords man a candidate for the Kirby franchise? He's only in one game ever. That feels So random. I think the only other candidate other than Bandana Dee that could work is Magolor who gets plenty of cameos, in 3 games and seems quite liked. Would make for an interesting moveset as well since he's a mage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote yes to putting Captain Toad on the chart for DLC.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
By the way, that isn't Mr. Resetti in the background but Don Resetti, his brother, so the mole isn't out yet.
No, it is Mr. Resetti.
Why is Dark Matter swords man a candidate for the Kirby franchise? He's only in one game ever. That feels So random. I think the only other candidate other than Bandana Dee that could work is Magolor who gets plenty of cameos, in 3 games and seems quite liked. Would make for an interesting moveset as well since he's a mage.
Well Dark Matter is a recurring entity in the Kirby franchise. Some say it is the true antagonist of the series as Dedede, Meta Knight, the Squeak Squad, and others are more like anti-heroes. Their intentions are always pure, while Dark Matter has always had it's eye on the destruction.

Sword Dark Matter was the ideal choice to represent Dark Matter, as it is best fit for combat.

Magolor wasn't added because at the time he was just the main antagonist of Return to Dreamland. But we can continue discussion about Kirby characters when we begin talking about adding in Kirby characters. Right now its just Mario talk.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
No, it is Mr. Resetti.
Well Dark Matter is a recurring entity in the Kirby franchise. Some say it is the true antagonist of the series as Dedede, Meta Knight, the Squeak Squad, and others are more like anti-heroes. Their intentions are always pure, while Dark Matter has always had it's eye on the destruction.

Sword Dark Matter was the ideal choice to represent Dark Matter, as it is best fit for combat.

Magolor wasn't added because at the time he was just the main antagonist of Return to Dreamland. But we can continue discussion about Kirby characters when we begin talking about adding in Kirby characters. Right now its just Mario talk.
Say what? AEM, could you provide picture proof of Mr. Resetti, if you don't mind? This pretty much deconfirms him as an AT as well, doesn't it?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I vote yes for Captain Toad.

I shall also vote for Daisy. (Because they mentioned that Mario Kart 8 will also work with Amiibo. Daisy is the only character in the Mario Kart 8 that might have enough popularity, that isn't on the chart. )

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Never mind, I just saw the link in your response. @ AEMehr AEMehr , that is most certainly Don Resetti, NOT the man himself. Anyone else care to look at that video and say if that's Mr. Resetti and not his brother?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's too fat to be Don.
It's Sonny.

Compare with the mole in the video. It's him.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
No, it is Mr. Resetti.

We don't know that it's the true antagonist. That's mostly fan speculation imo. Magolor, Nightmare, Sectonia, Dark Mind, Marx have always had their mind on destruction too.

I still think he's super random and an odd choice. Whatever I'll wait for the Kirby discussions.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
We don't know that it's the true antagonist. That's mostly fan speculation imo. Magolor, Nightmare, Sectonia, Dark Mind, Marx have always had their mind on destruction too.

I still think he's super random and an odd choice. Whatever I'll wait for the Kirby discussions.
Well I wasn't really basing my argument on them fan theory that Dark Matter is the franchise's true villain, just that it has returned countless times and that the Sword Knight variation is the best suited for battle. It's what people voted for, so don't pin the blame on Golden or me!
[also side note, but i believe dark mind is thought to be the mirror world's variation of zero, so just another point going towards dark matter there in a sense]

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I vote Daisy. Captain Toad has definitely got enough support.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I vote for Captain Toad, Daisy, and Wart (He's just unexpected enough that I could see Sakurai adding him).

D

Deleted member

16 votes Captain Toad
4 votes Daisy
1 vote Toadette
1 vote Wart
1 vote Larry Koopa

I think it's pretty obvious who'll be added.

Top Bottom