• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
This roster would be bittersweet with me if it is true. I have Bowser Jr, but King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley are nowhere to be found. Plus, Dark Pit is a no from me.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...Shulk and Little Mac on the CSS have DEAD similar poses. Down to the last inch.
Similar, but not super close. The angle is a little different, so you can see both of Shulk's eyes while only one of little mac's. Also little mac's chin is cut off by the box, while shulk's isn't. And that head pose seems to be popular for this game, Zelda's is tilted in a similar way as well
Game and Watch's hand is clipping into Wario's Portrait....
This was talked about a while ago, if you zoom in the outlines clearly change, Wario's jacket just looks like a continuation of his hand

Last edited by a moderator:

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I wonder whether Lemmy will have the lazy eye or not. This is important in my decision to play as him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is Mr. Game & Watch from Pac-Man's trailer. This character select screen uses G&W's old model, which lead me to believe it's fake.
I really don't think they are actually going to use that Game and Watch

He looks bad

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But where would you select them on this screen is the question.
The Customization button is Off. Mii Fighters might disappear while it is. That's my theory on it. I also agree some of the image quality is questionable enough. They'd be next to Ness or Lucina.(or Shulk or Random)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That doesn't tell me anything. Unlike most people I don't have some kind of unhealthy fear of those characters,or any character for that matter.

Can someone actually explain and not just be stupidly evasive.
(sigh)

Sorry, here you go.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why don't they have names in their icons?

and why are they different colors?

I know it's an old version

But in the demo they are all the same color backgrounds in the icons and have names

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is Mr. Game & Watch from Pac-Man's trailer. This character select screen uses G&W's old model, which lead me to believe it's fake.
The game and watch on the leaked screen isn't the old render, his arm is visible and at a different angle than past games.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Seem like this music is perfect for heavy duty debates

Let's start, should we?

To start things off, ESRB states that they don't play the games they are sent due to them being "buggy" or "too long" but the user name on the bottom screen have ESRB in it (the user also added the word boob as well which make it seem even more fake.)

DeDeDe and Greninja's background color is wrong.

Shulk seem to be based off of this

The user probably fixed this image up a bit and make it to look like Shulk.

The Dr. Mario render also gotten some fixing up as this render

looks the same as the one used in the leak.

In the stage select leak, the picture of Melee Corneria is an exact replica of the picture used for it in Brawl's Stage Select, when it had a different picture entirely for Melee itself.

Some of characters are missing from that character select leak such as the Miis, but the person behind the leak said that he hadn't unlocked everyone.

Brinstar is missing in the stage select as it was revealed in today PoTD. OBJECTION! It's in the stage select!

Yoshi is in the same row of the Mario characters, even though he is a rep for Yoshi's Island

There's no names under the fighters but was probably due to the small screen of the 3ds.

The character select and the stage select looks empty with it background.

http://i.imgur.com/agLFeLp.jpg Look at Ness shirt in the roster leak

I'll do some research and see what I can add to this debate.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Humm. Well that's mildly interesting. I wouldn't put much stock into it though. Mainly because of that GnW portrait and how it seems to be clipping into the Wario portrait.
Apparently someone proved that to be untrue, and that Wario just has darker shadowing to his right.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
>POTD tomorrow shows the CSS screen with a completely different interface

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
No Ice Climbers
No Wolf
No Lucas
No Dixie/K.Rool
Dr. Mario is his own character again after the invention of alt costumes
3 Kid Icarus characters

I'm scared that this could be real and the final roster.

Duck Hunt sounds cool though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If it's fake, if it's real, whatever. Regardless, the final roster is still going to piss off people no matter what. Just like past Super Smash Bros. titles. Don't even pretend it won't happen either.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Seem like this music is perfect for heavy duty debates

Let's start, should we?

To start things off, ESRB states that they don't play the games they are sent due to them being "buggy" or "too long" but the user name on the bottom screen have ESRB in it (the user also added the word boob as well which make it seem even more fake.)

DeDeDe and Greninja's background color is wrong.

Shulk seem to be based off of this

The user probably fixed this image up a bit and make it to look like Shulk.

The Dr. Mario render also gotten some fixing up as this render

looks the same as the one used in the leak.

I'll do some research and see what I can add to this debate.
/realtalk

That music is downright amazing. I was disappointed at how short your analysis was, I wanted the whole song to play by the time I finished up with it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The names missing is actually one of the reasons I think this is REAL.

Any actual leaker would take the time to notice the names and include them no matter what.
An actual game designer would know it's okay to remove them when the player is familiar with them already, and it saves space on an otherwise cramped screen.

Removing the names is just something a leaker wouldn't think of."

Meh, I think Anon has a point

D

Deleted member

Well I don't believe it. It's a very good fake IMO. I think it's best to always assume something is fake. If this was real I'd be VERY disappointed, which is part of the reason I don't believe it.
Yeah, I'm not saying this is definitively real, but the evidence is there.

Shulk is a edit of lil mac it is fake.
It's that exact, plus the rest of his model is good too. I don't think this necessarily disproves anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
No Ice Climbers
No Wolf
No Lucas
No Dixie/K.Rool
Dr. Mario is his own character again after the invention of alt costumes
3 Kid Icarus characters

I'm scared that this could be real and the final roster.

Duck Hunt sounds cool though.
Strange, I wonder why Lucina is her own character after the invention of alternate costumes... oh wait... Sakurai blatantly asserts why that is the case! Silly me, always forgetting!

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!

D

Deleted member

"The names missing is actually one of the reasons I think this is REAL.

Any actual leaker would take the time to notice the names and include them no matter what.
An actual game designer would know it's okay to remove them when the player is familiar with them already, and it saves space on an otherwise cramped screen.

Removing the names is just something a leaker wouldn't think of."

Meh, I think Anon has a point
The roster would be 54 slots here, could you easily read the names on the 2ds or 3ds screens? It probably would make the CSS look more sloppy.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
This is going to be the new Gematsu isn't it?
Well, whatever. I'll just be here denying it and if it does turn out to be real, then you can feel free to shout at me.

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Strange, I wonder why Lucina is her own character after the invention of alternate costumes... oh wait... Sakurai blatantly asserts why that is the case! Silly me, always forgetting!

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!
Dr. Mario is Mario, Lucina is NOT Marth.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
/realtalk

That music is downright amazing. I was disappointed at how short your analysis was, I wanted the whole song to play by the time I finished up with it.
I may hate this "roster" so far, but that music rocks.

All the characters weren't unlocked though. Remember Mewtwo took longer than most...right? Right?!?

/grasping at straws.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I also wanted to point out when the leaker mentioned the DLC characters, he called the chorus kids by their Japanese name.
It's clear that he would have only had the English version (Bowser, not Koopa)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got the impression from Sakurai that he was willing to make different characters alternate costumes but for some reason decided to make Lucina a different character

Probably just to inflate the roster

Besides, Daisy is not peach, Blood Falcon is not Captain Falcon, and Shadow Link is not Link

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This is going to be the new Gematsu isn't it?
Well, whatever. I'll just be here denying it and if it does turn out to be real, then you can feel free to shout at me.
It won't last nearly as long since the game will be out really soon.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Unlike Lucina, Dark Pit and Doctor Mario are ideally the same character. I know Sheik/Zelda and Samus/ZSS is a thing, but the former two look exactly the same save for a color swap and costume change, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom