• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
People are complaining about ads, why don't you just use adblocker? You can always disable it on sites you actually care about that need the ad revenue anyways.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
When I first saw Splatoon, I thought it was an interesting concept but I didn't know if I would get it or not. However, seeing all this fan-art and adoration for this game, I'm leaning more towards picking this game up.

The inklings are cutie-pies also. <3
I'm actually in the same boat. I was interested at first, but the more I thought about it and more I looked into it the more I want it. Though I'm still hesitant about it, as it is going to be a mainly multiplayer based games, and unless a community develops with it outside of WiFi I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy it to it's full extent.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ha! Real users take the ads like a man. You're just chickening out.
I usually am not bothered by ads, heck often times they let me know of products and things that are to come out that I haven't necessarily been following. Sometimes I'll see an anime DVD ad and go "hey, I didn't know that was coming out on video" so in that sense I actually welcome them.

I just get a tad irritated when said ads are disruptive of general browsing of the site.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I usually am not bothered by ads, heck often times they let me know of products and things that are to come out that I haven't necessarily been following. Sometimes I'll see an anime DVD ad and go "hey, I didn't know that was coming out on video" so in that sense I actually welcome them.

I just get a tad irritated when said ads are disruptive of general browsing of the site.
I still think the worst ads are either:
Tropical Freeze (Obnoxious sound along with moving gif. Which slowed my computer down.)
That Kickstarter ad a while back (It always got me whenever I tried to log in.)
This Lego one (not the Lego Movie one, there was another one. It was a video along with the sidebars. It had similar results though).
And now the Lego Movie ad (Same as above. Old habits die hard don't they?).

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Does anyone have a direct audio video where Rosalina wins? I want to hear her victory theme much clearer.

I'm actually in the same boat. I was interested at first, but the more I thought about it and more I looked into it the more I want it. Though I'm still hesitant about it, as it is going to be a mainly multiplayer based games, and unless a community develops with it outside of WiFi I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy it to it's full extent.
Yeah, thats my thought process as well.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I've only played Pokemon Ruby and Emerald, so I didn't know much about what Team Aqua tried to do at Mt. Chimney, but it's really stupid in comparison to Team Magma's plan.

Oooh, disabling a dangerous volcano (most likely getting rid of that ash cloud in the process) and letting the crater become a lake over a very long period of time. How evil and terrifying.

That, and Virtual Boy as a stage.
Complete with the "3D" effect.
Dude, the Virtual Boy goggles should be an item that lets you shoot lasers.

And there should be a Virtual Boy Wario Land stage separated into a foreground battlefield and background battlefield that you can switch between by ducking on certain jump pads.

----

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've only played Pokemon Ruby and Emerald, so I didn't know much about what Team Aqua tried to do at Mt. Chimney, but it's really stupid in comparison to Team Magma's plan.

Oooh, disabling a dangerous volcano (most likely getting rid of that ash cloud in the process) and letting the crater become a lake. How evil and devious.
Well, in a way it is.
Hoenn already had a ton of water as it is. Who would want more? No one.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I still want Bayonetta, Ryu Hayabusa, Bomberman and Crono in Smash and that Snake comes back but all of them look like a pipe dream. :cry:

.n_n.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I wouldn't count on snake at this point. His moveset is kinda being giving to other characters (as silly as a reason that is) even to his Fina Smash. I'd love to be surprised but don't expect him in.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Smashboards says I have adblock on this site, so there's an obnoxious red banner at the top of the screen.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Smashboards says I have adblock on this site, so there's an obnoxious red banner at the top of the screen.
I have also had that happen before, but I have also never actively monkeyed around with adblock since like I said before, I usually welcome ads to educate me on things I haven't looked up.

If it isn't Crashboards it's Glitchboards.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith You better prepare for next week's WSJ TOC since we might get an ultra special announcement for Assassination Classroom. It might be an anime announcement that should have happened before that noob series World Trigger got one.

Now to talk about a more serious issue at stake. Shiibashi sure as hell better not become the new Matt Groening/Seth MacFalarnd, working on two series at the same. He should focus more on trying to make Illegal Rare successful since it doesn't need to flop like **** Sickphony or Hai Showjoe (I got both mangas names wrong on purpose since I hate them).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith You better prepare for next week's WSJ TOC since we might get an ultra special announcement for Assassination Classroom. It might be an anime announcement that should have happened before that noob series World Trigger got one.

Now to talk about a more serious issue at stake. Shiibashi sure as hell better not become the new Matt Groening/Seth MacFalarnd, working on two series at the same. He should focus more on trying to make Illegal Rare successful since it doesn't need to flop like **** Sickphony or Hai Showjoe (I got both mangas names wrong on purpose since I hate them).
...I'm lost.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's true, sometimes I do kinda wish we could just start over ya know? A new board for Smash 4 and keep all the old stuff for the other games someplace else if only to have an actual functioning place to discuss smash.
It's called "Facebook".

One of the worse creations ever created. But I'll probably be joining the awful creation after some certain things happen for me in real life so that I can consistently go to Smashfests the get hos hosted consistently but too late for me to go to. >_>

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's called "Facebook".

One of the worse creations ever created. But I'll probably be joining the awful creation after some certain things happen for me in real life so that I can consistently go to Smashfests the get hos hosted consistently but too late for me to go to. >_>
I only go on Facebook for social reasons.
But even then it's just mostly lurking.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
An Assassination Classroom anime would be cool. Might be checking out ANN over the next week then.

Assassination Classroom was the first manga series I started reading... With more than 90 weekly chapters released so far, it's should be more than enough for a 25 episode anime series. (As long as said anime doesn't branch out from the manga's storyline... Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist, I'm looking at both of you. >_>)

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It's called "Facebook".

Facebook can't do what a forum can though, there's no way that character guides and serious discussion can really work. It's why while I enjoy the subreddit I rarely post discussions there as soon enough they just get burried.

I'd say maybe the forum could use competition, but look how allisbrawl did. I made an account recently to maybe post but NO ONE EVER POSTS so it's a wasteland.

I could see something working for Smash 3DS with netplay kinda like AIB did though, but even then... I hate to say it but smashboards could use competition.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...I'm lost.
Now for a slower version. This week's issue of Weekly Shonen Jump had teased that Assassination Classroom will get a huge announcement next week. There's a high change that it may be an animated adaprion, which shuld have happened before World Trigger. World Trigger's anime announcement last month had rubbed be the wrong way since the series is barely 2 years old (most successful Weekly Shonen Jump series get an anime adapting if they manage to survive the magazine for 2 years max).

Shiibashi (who is famous for his manga Nurahiyon no Mago) is planning on working on another series despite the fact that he's already working on one in the actual magazine already. That is a bad idea considering that Illegal Rare (his new series from February) needs as much attention as possible to rank well in the magazine (It have been dropping to the Bottom 5 a few times already). If a series stay at the both for too long, it will be cancelled and this happens alot for many new series. The thing is, I just see Illegal Rare as a potential hit that needs to be established on and stay in the magazine for 2-3 years. That last sentence was a jab at two February series (Stealth Symphony and I Shoujo) who are series that need to be cancelled because of how unreadable and awful they are.

I hope you understand it well after this. :/

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Why do people find Bayonetta hot? I guess it's something about glasses combined with a Mole that ruins it for me

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I know there's a feedback thread, but heck I'm curious. If you could do one thing to improve Smashboards (minus stopping the glitchiness) what would you do?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I know there's a feedback thread, but heck I'm curious. If you could do one thing to improve Smashboards (minus stopping the glitchiness) what would you do?
Make me the supreme overlord admin who has infinite power over the whole forum.
I think we're done here.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , is that Dark Pit hugging Palutena in your avatar?
Welp, looks like you've caught me. Out of all the new Palutena fanart that had spawned, this piece was a favorite of mine since the goddess is celebrating with the two angels. Pit is cheering happily next to her while Dark Pit is being hugged by her, which he's unsurprisingly annoyed. For a serious character like him, it's good to see some more quirks from the anti-Pit of Uprising.

lol wut? the sonic characters are considered furries now? lol
They are anthropomorphic animals after all. Hell, most Star Fox fans even outright admitted that they were furries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom