• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Does anyone here know how to use photoshop well? I have a Smash related request.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
A lot of people before customization was confirmed stated repeatedly that customization would ruin the game competitively. Hell, it's still happening. But the fact is that this customization is optional and you aren't forced to use the feature. That's what I'm pointing out. I felt that should be said before people judge customization by a competitive view.
That's what it is. As custom movesets can't be used in For Glory / With Anyone, I don't think they'll be allowed in tournaments. See Street Fighter X Tekken's Gem system. Difficult to balance, unlocking required and time-consuming to set up -- tournaments will most likely only allow default characters.
I put my bets on the 3DS for a reason. With our own consoles we can store our own Miis and more then likely our custom settings so tournaments wont be hindered by a longer play time. Yep, 3DS smash will probably get to have its own unique meta and be worth hosting next to Wii U ESPECIALLY now. YOUR MOVE MISTER LAW MAN!

But I guess it doesn't mean much. By looks- smash is slowly going casual as is. I have no doubt people are more than likely going to do exactly what happened in brawl- come in, come out.

I honestly am wondering why this game doesn't play like an enhanced Melee. You'd think the success of P:M would enforce that, or the popularity of Melee overall. :confused:
The honest answer is, some people also liked Brawl. This game looks to be faster, have better combos, and remove the issues Brawl had. If that's the case, we're going the get the Brawl "should have been" which while not being Melee, is still something that's very exciting. Each smash game has been radically different, something no other fighter has done. We should be grateful we have a choice of games do to our preferences and not just have one kind of game shoved down our throats. Each game from 64 to Brawl has its own hardcore fans and honestly that's awesome.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The honest answer is, some people also liked Brawl. This game looks to be faster, have better combos, and remove the issues Brawl had. If that's the case, we're going the get the Brawl "should have been" which while not being Melee, is still something that's very exciting. Each smash game has been radically different, something no other fighter has done. We should be grateful we have a choice of games do to our preferences and not just have one kind of game shoved down our throats. Each game from 64 to Brawl has its own hardcore fans and honestly that's awesome.
I know people liked brawl- but I just get the impression people liked melee more. From a business point of view, I figured a fixed melee would sell better than a fixed brawl.

But to clarify- I for one would rather have a fixed brawl. And I hope that's what we're getting. I won't truly know until I get my hands on the game.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Does everyone really believe that gematsu leak?
My guess is he just got lucky... The newcomers are all pretty logical from my perspective (except maybe the Wii Fit trainer)...
Have a look at this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

It's the original post, from the creator of Gematsu.

Note:

1.He refers to it as an "unlikely prediction". (could be sarcastic, but still)
2.He calls Villager "Animal Crossing Guy"

I don't know about you, but this discredits this for me.

EDIT, PLEASE READ: I just read into it more and discovered that Sal got his info from a mysterious email. Coupled with the fact that Sakurai revealed that they had most of the roster planned from the beginning, except Greninja, who was marked as "X and Y Pokemon" and this just makes too much sense. The plot thickens.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Have a look at this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

It's the original post, from the creator of Gematsu.

Note:

1.He refers to it as an "unlikely prediction". (could be sarcastic, but still)
2.He calls Villager "Animal Crossing Guy"

I don't know about you, but this discredits this for me.
Not saying i think the leak is 100% yet, but the unlikely prediction thing was because Neogaf doesn't allow leaks.
Also the animal crossing guy thing is more of a case of ambiguity, so it could go either way.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I know people liked brawl- but I just get the impression people liked melee more. From a business point of view, I figured a fixed melee would sell better than a fixed brawl.
Just to the competitive players, we have to face an honest fact that we really are barely a tiny chunk of the market for the game. All of us on Smashboards could suddenly boycott the game and it'd still be a best seller. It's a cold hard fact that in the end, our sales don't mean as much as non competitive folks.

But to clarify- I for one would rather have a fixed brawl. And I hope that's what we're getting. I won't truly know until I get my hands on the game.
Such truth to those words, I'm glad to see someone optimistic :)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm sorry for you...
Aww, thank you, don't feel sorry. :p I mean, he was an actual sperm donor, as in that's not just some way to call him a douche, but he actually donated some (me) to a bank. This was literally the year before they started requiring more information on donors so people can find their parents later if they so choose, so I know literally nothing about him except that he was studying to be an engineer. My mom said she got to see his picture and field in college, that's it.

But really... from all the stories I hear about dads that aren't so pleasant I don't tend to feel bad about my situation much.

Also that person I called not-dad-but-not-really-stepdad-either-but-future-hopefully-soon-to-be-father-in-law-eventually-someday is good enough to be that much and more. :)

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I just read into it more and discovered that Sal got his info from a mysterious email. Coupled with the fact that Sakurai revealed that they had most of the roster planned from the beginning, except Greninja, who was marked as "X and Y Pokemon" and this just makes too much sense.
This was made clear in the Gematsu leak post itself. Nothing new about this in any way.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I get bummed out when people get so intense about Melee vs Brawl. Its okay to like one game more, but I can almost guarantee you'll have fun playing with your friends if you just play the game. It's a fun game. All 3 have been fun. I love SSB 64, I love Melee, and I love Brawl, you don't have to love one, and hate the other to be a "true fan". You can be casual, and still be a gamer lol ;)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
(Sorry if this has already been discussed)

What was everyone's favorite part about the Direct yesterday? I'd have to say that the Iwata VS. Reggie fight was awesome.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
(Sorry if this has already been discussed)

What was everyone's favorite part about the Direct yesterday? I'd have to say that the Iwata VS. Reggie fight was awesome.
Yeah I think that was my favorite part! I think it was a great direct overall! I got a little bored on the 2 Zelda parts though. They both look like fine games, but just hearing them talk about the games wasn't that interesting. Splatoon looks surprisingly fun! :)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I just realized Pacman's eyes are two Pacmans (or pacmen w/e)

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's just that until now I have never in my life stared at that "new" 3D pacman model for more than 5 seconds. I know it wouldn't have worked but I wouldn't complain if they used 2D oldschool Pacman. That nose, ugh.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Good lord, that's Kirby's Pac-Man hat?!?!?

I thought that was just a tired Kirby at first glance!!! I guess the Pac Man eyebrows just didn't register. Ugh, it's so ugly! :laugh:

That's beautiful... thank you. :)

I'll be making this my avatar now....

@ Rebellious Treecko Rebellious Treecko - Were you also doing this?
I was taking a shower, and I just now went to find the Wonka pic, but someone did it first, so... :p

I just realized Pacman's eyes are two Pacmans (or pacmen w/e)
Mind blown.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I'm still in utter shock about how Nintendo, after putting on such a show and overall awesome day, screws up such a simple thing as not unveiling a new character at the end of a SMASH BROS STREAM with 200k+ viewers and instead waits LESS THAN AN HOUR to reveal it to THE MEDIA OFF STREAM WHILE WRITING IT ON TWITTER.

Seriously, I love Nintendo so much but sometimes...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, if there's one thing I'd complain about Pac-Man, it's got to be his moveset. I feel that there they should of stuck with Pac-Man related moves instead of Namco representation.

Speaking of movesets, does sonic still double spin?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I saw a bunch of stuff for it on GameFaqs, some people were complaining the website changed and some of the store they planned on going to were no longer doing the demo. It IS GameFaqs though, which is why I wanted to check.

Here's the thread.
Crap..... my Best Buy isn't on there anymore. I'm gonna have to ask people in my local thread to call Best Buy.

Seriously... what were they thinking? Is there some reason they can't have it at all the Best Buys they originally planned for? More than that, there has been NO official notice that several Best Buys were taken off the list at LITERALLY the last minute.

Guys, anyone that is going, please check the http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/ and see if your store is still in. If it's not, try calling them, so we can figure out what's going on.

It's starting to look like they shaved it down to a single location per state for no apparent reason.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I jsut called the Gaithersburg Maryland one. The guy on the phone said they're still doing it even though they're not on the locator. He also said some people showed up already.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I finally watch the new trailer (I just woke up, so sue me). And Pac-man doesn't seem that bad. Though I'm still waiting for Mr. G&W...

Guys, anyone that is going, please check the http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/ and see if your store is still in. If it's not, try calling them, so we can figure out what's going on.

It's starting to look like they shaved it down to a single location per state for no apparent reason.
Well, by the looks of it I still can. But at this rate I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom