• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

How about we show the show instead? :troll:
Well I'll be honest it doesn't look too bad.
Sure it's trying to be "totally radical" and looks like it was made to be marketable rather than a quality show, but it could be worse.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well I'll be honest it doesn't look too bad.
Sure it's trying to be "totally radical" and looks like it was made to be marketable rather than a quality show, but it could be worse.
Nothing is worse than Breadwinners or Problem Solverz in terms of worst animated show.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll just guess that he's hated for being out of place or a "waste of slot" compared to muh "Rayman and Snake".
I love Rayman, Snake, and Pac-Man. Three of my favorite characters all together!
Speaking of, time to bring back more Rayman love, and bother people who don't like him.

The guy in the video (who mentioned Rayman) also played later versions of the game, which had unrevealed characters, so he does know of characters we don't, despite the people saying "some guy in Canada wouldn't know the roster."

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Pretty much every single game is one step forward, 3 steps back. My ideal controls/interface mechanics were HG/SS's, B2/W2's post game, and R/S/E/FR/LG's connectivity/minigames/side missions. Add that all in with X/Y's features, and I'd never ***** again.
i can still see you ******** about it lol XD

D

Deleted member

I approve.
Kind of a strange line to single out, but this line is probably my favorite Kyouko line simply for the bluntness of it and how much I can quote it IRL. though that may change when I rewatch 2 weeks from now. it has been quite a while since I last watched

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh gosh. Problem Solverz. That's like Uncle Grandpa and Clarence levels of crap.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I approve.

If we're playing theme songs might as well play a good one

I remember having the GBA cartridge with a couple episodes of this on it.
If anything, I was pretty damn impressed that a GBA was able to play TV Show episodes flawlessly. I'm guessing that they gave up on it due to poor soles or Blockbuster being huge at the time.

Oh really now...
Watch and be amazed.
And thus why the 80's and 90's were considered the dark ages for MOST video game based TV shows.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Oh gosh. Problem Solverz. That's like Uncle Grandpa and Clarence levels of crap.
I have this really dark theory about Uncle Grandpa.

I swear Clarence has down syndrome.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So a man pon the OC thread had dis roster. Looks like da mos credible roster mi ever seen.
View attachment 20288
Joking aside, you can tell that it's fake because it appeases too many people. A final roster like this would create a fraction of the butthurt that we're more than likely going to receive in the end.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Yeah, either they rely too much on the program to finish up the animation and making it look as robotic and lifeless as possible, or the plot is 140% nonexistent. Both aspects are equally important for a good show :/

D

Deleted member

Are there any bad animated shows out there, apart from Grossology and Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures? 4Kids' Sonic X edits were bad, so I'd prefer the Japanese version.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
They aired the Japanese version dubbed in Mexico :denzel:

Hmm... other bad ones? Can't really remember right now, but I remember I used to enjoy the DK show, the theme song was hella catchy haha~

Last edited:

Soul.

Alright, I added Heatran to the Gen 4 team. Do I need a Rapid Spinner?
If not, then I'll just battle right away and try out the team.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That was the problem in Fire Emblem: Awakening. They gave you far too many opportunities to grind. If not Risen battles then you could summon some armies to fight with with zero cost sans weapon usage. The challenge could be easily nulled. That is not so in other Fire Emblem games. In previous Fire Emblem games you had chapters with opportunities to grind only in the form of limited enemy spawns and self-healing enemies/bosses. The series lacked uncostly optional provisions for EXP exploitation, so you had to engage your units wisely.
Whoa there. In Lunatic, and Lunatic+, mode your options to grind are significantly decreased. Risen battles are a lot tougher, like end-game to post end-game tough, and give way less EXP. Summoning enemies to fight via spotpass gave very little exp as well, like 1EXP per kill lol. The only reliable to way to grind in those modes is through DLC. For Normal mode and Hard mode though it doesn't matter because those modes are significantly easier.

You are also wrong about grinding in past FE games. Sacred Stones had the tower and ruins where you fought monsters and where primarily used for grinding, along with arenas for some of the maps. Shadow Dragon had arenas for certain maps. The Telius series were the ones with the least grinding options but they had BEXP instead which served a simmilar, more limited, purpose. I know FE7 has arenas to, but I'm not sure if anything else (I have yet to play it yet), and I have yet to play any of the Japanese only FEs.

But there was always some kind of effective way of grinding in the ones I've played, if you know what you are doing.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Hmm you know, I wonder if the announcer will shout the title at the start screen again, I sorely missed that in Brawl :(

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Whoa there. In Lunatic, and Lunatic+, mode your options to grind are significantly decreased. Risen battles are a lot tougher, like end-game to post end-game tough, and give way less EXP. Summoning enemies to fight via spotpass gave very little exp as well, like 1EXP per kill lol. The only reliable to way to grind in those modes is through DLC. For Normal mode and Hard mode though it doesn't matter because those modes are significantly easier.

You are also wrong about grinding in past FE games. Sacred Stones had the tower and ruins where you fought monsters and where primarily used for grinding, along with arenas for some of the maps. Shadow Dragon had arenas for certain maps. The Telius series were the ones with the least grinding options but they had BEXP instead which served a simmilar, more limited, purpose. I know FE7 has arenas to, but I'm not sure if anything else (I have yet to play it yet), and I have yet to play any of the Japanese only FEs.

But there was always some kind of effective way of grinding in the ones I've played, if you know what you are doing.
Well, I've only played Shadow Dragon and the Tellius series, so that's my fault. Doesn't the arena have a signficant cost though?

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
@ mimgrim mimgrim Don't forget that you lose exp everytime a unit attacks the same enemy until it gives zero exp! I learned that when trying to level up Donnel in his paralogue haha.

Well, I've only played Shadow Dragon and the Tellius series, so that's my fault. Doesn't the arena have a signficant cost though?
It does, but there's always profit, until your unit dies and you cry a lot and restart.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why does Villager look like.. an alien? xD
Actually...

This would be the alien. Alternatively:

Kirby however is an alien, so it fits more.
Maybe even Pichu.

Pichu could be an alien.
Though we're not talking Kirby, so back to Villager.

Now see, this looks more foreign.

This further cements it by his want to be human.
...And if you're still not convinced...

Hope all this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom