• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only operating systems I've used are: Most of the windows except ME, a really old mac, and some kind of DOS computer

Edit: I also tried using the Macs at school, but it was HARD because there was no scroll button. I am use to using the scroll button all the time

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've never touched a Mac once in my life. I was always used to Windows ever since our family had our first computer, I'd gotten use to only Windows.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My first computer was a Mac

I was kind of jealous of my friends Windows computer because he could put an image on the desktop...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Thank you Fabulouso.

If I missed anyone, or neglected to include them in the above list and/or in the story, then deal with it. If I you are on this list, and have reservations, then place your trust in me, and I will set you free.
Those two words meant planning. With 50+ people

Sorry,can't deal with it. Really sensitive. REVENGE. MUST. COME.

aaa.gif

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This is really late, and completely off topic but I felt like doing this still.

*Throws confetti*

I've been here a year guys! :D

Ok, to be fair, I've lurked a lot longer then that, but still, it feels weird having been a member for a year now. This the second longest I've ever been on a forum.

While I'm normally one not to do celebratory post, I think this warrants one quite simply because a lot has happened to me in a year because of the smash community and I felt like putting down my thoughts on my experience overall. :3

The smash community certainly has had a lot of influence on me…Not quite as big as the brony community but still a fair bit…for better or for worse.

Anyway, I guess I should start with why I joined. Well, I'm a person who loves to see reactions. After watching the first Smash 4 e3 trailer, I decided to visit a forum to see how people felt about it. I heard smash boards was the biggest so I decided to check it out. I went to the original Smash 4 Social thread and looked at how you guys felt. It was short of disappointing, but at the same time after hearing about the POTDs, I decided to just lurk to see how the Smash community felt about things.

Eventually, I decided to create an account to give off my own input on my thoughts on nintendo events.

My thoughts on the Smash Community has certainly changed in the last year…Thats not entirely a good thing. Before, I didn't think much of them. Sure, there were people from the community who trolled and flamed on youtube, but I didn't hold it against them. I'd seen some good, nice smash fans, and bad smash

After being with this forum for a year, while I've seen a lot more of I think I know the perfect way to describe the Smash Community: There is none. It's mostly constant fighting and no one agreeing on anything.

And then theres the Sakurai hating.

People are still apparently furious at Sakurai. We still have accusations that Sakurai is trying to screw over the competitive community. Every time Nintendo does something in favor of the competitive community, there is always that one joke about how Nintendo is the hero and Sakurai is the whining villain.

That's not to say the competitive community doesn't have good criticism, it's just that I wish people actually sounded like they were trying to help improve the game instead of sounding like they want to settle a grudge that should've died 6 years ago. The competitive community does have good people with excellent ideas. I just wished the vocal group wasn't so mad at Sakurai. I don't really think he deserves it.

So why do I stay? Because of the fact the fan base is centered around an Nintendo crossover, it is easier to talk to people and "fit in" then most other fandoms. It's also pretty memorable with stuff happening all the time. I also am able to get the latest nintendo news that I miss. I've also learned a heck of lot about characters I didn't know or originally didn't cared about. And there are still some pretty interesting, nice, and funny people on here.

Speaking of which, it's time for me to thank you guys. Though, there are specific people I want to talk to. This isn't a list of my friends or people who are awesome to talk to, it's of people who left an impact on me. Of course, that also means that there are people who are my friend and are awesome to talk on this list.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero You are an awesome person to talk to. A wonderful friend as well. I won't go into detail here because it is personal, but just remember you are awesome. :3

You are my best friend on the internet. <3

Now it's July 31st, and you are officially best mod as well. :p

@Swampasaur You are also a nice guy. Your presidential Ivysaur always stood out to me. Though, I haven't seen you around as often.

@ TeenGirlSquad TeenGirlSquad I really want to talk to you more. You would seem fun to talk to. There is something specific I wanted to talk with you about…

@Hong I got to admit I originally hated you. I don't remember why, but I did. Now, you seem like a really awesome dude and a fantastic supporter of Robin. You're thoughts on game designs were also interesting to listen to.

Also, I remember you saying you like the Game & Watch games?…Marry me senpai! <3

@Chandelure You are a very awesome supporter of Bandana Dee. With that said, you do need to be a more understanding and considerate of people who don't like Bandana Dee. You do know how to hype Bandana Dee though. :3

@IsmaR You are one second best Mod. I actually seen you do your job more then any other mod as well as doing it effectively. With that said, it's always nice to see you post. Usually a hilarious remark. :p It is also thanks to you and a couple of others that I tried out metriod. I've only played Super metriod so far, but I loved it. :3

@FalKoopa You were one of the first mods I saw here and you are still pretty cool.

@Admiral Pit Keep up that Palutena love. <3

@Scollis Jones You're always interesting to listen to in the Character discussion thread.

@BluePikmin11 You were always one of the interesting member with your "out there" character choices. While I'm not going to comment on their chances I do think it's good to think outside the box with ideas for move sets and the like

@KenithTheGatherer You are certainly one of the most noteworthy fans of Ghirihim. After seeing your posts for quite a while, you seem like a nice guy. :3

@Kapus I do have to apologies for not being able to take you on your offer so far. In addition to me being lazy, my limited access to Skype just messes with any plans.

@Shaya Thanks to you, I feel terrible for not getting off my lazy *** and watching more anime. ;_;

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht I really don't know what to say about you. But whenever you post it's always a good time. :D

Anyway, after this I'm setting a new goal for myself. To actually speak my mind more often. As much as I like the idea of having so many friends and never disappointing them, it's starting hurt just how much I'm sitting back in the sidelines.

This took way longer then it needed to. But I just needed to think it over. I originally wanted to get this out on the day I became a member for 1 year. I'm just happy I finally typed this up.

To many more years on this forum. <3

Now as for the current topic, I use Macs. Come at me. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You made me check out my join date

I never noticed I joined on the 4th of july

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is really late, and completely off topic but I felt like doing this still.

*Throws confetti*

I've been here a year guys! :D

Ok, to be fair, I've lurked a lot longer then that, but still, it feels weird having been a member for a year now. This the second longest I've ever been on a forum.

While I'm normally one not to do celebratory post, I think this warrants one quite simply because a lot has happened to me in a year because of the smash community and I felt like putting down my thoughts on my experience overall. :3

The smash community certainly has had a lot of influence on me…Not quite as big as the brony community but still a fair bit…for better or for worse.

Anyway, I guess I should start with why I joined. Well, I'm a person who loves to see reactions. After watching the first Smash 4 e3 trailer, I decided to visit a forum to see how people felt about it. I heard smash boards was the biggest so I decided to check it out. I went to the original Smash 4 Social thread and looked at how you guys felt. It was short of disappointing, but at the same time after hearing about the POTDs, I decided to just lurk to see how the Smash community felt about things.

Eventually, I decided to create an account to give off my own input on my thoughts on nintendo events.

My thoughts on the Smash Community has certainly changed in the last year…Thats not entirely a good thing. Before, I didn't think much of them. Sure, there were people from the community who trolled and flamed on youtube, but I didn't hold it against them. I'd seen some good, nice smash fans, and bad smash

After being with this forum for a year, while I've seen a lot more of I think I know the perfect way to describe the Smash Community: There is none. It's mostly constant fighting and no one agreeing on anything.

And then theres the Sakurai hating.

People are still apparently furious at Sakurai. We still have accusations that Sakurai is trying to screw over the competitive community. Every time Nintendo does something in favor of the competitive community, there is always that one joke about how Nintendo is the hero and Sakurai is the whining villain.

That's not to say the competitive community doesn't have good criticism, it's just that I wish people actually sounded like they were trying to help improve the game instead of sounding like they want to settle a grudge that should've died 6 years ago. The competitive community does have good people with excellent ideas. I just wished the vocal group wasn't so mad at Sakurai. I don't really think he deserves it.

So why do I stay? Because of the fact the fan base is centered around an Nintendo crossover, it is easier to talk to people and "fit in" then most other fandoms. It's also pretty memorable with stuff happening all the time. I also am able to get the latest nintendo news that I miss. I've also learned a heck of lot about characters I didn't know or originally didn't cared about. And there are still some pretty interesting, nice, and funny people on here.

Speaking of which, it's time for me to thank you guys. Though, there are specific people I want to talk to. This isn't a list of my friends or people who are awesome to talk to, it's of people who left an impact on me. Of course, that also means that there are people who are my friend and are awesome to talk on this list.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero You are an awesome person to talk to. A wonderful friend as well. I won't go into detail here because it is personal, but just remember you are awesome. :3

You are my best friend on the internet. <3

Now it's July 31st, and you are officially best mod as well. :p

@Swampasaur You are also a nice guy. Your presidential Ivysaur always stood out to me. Though, I haven't seen you around as often.

@ TeenGirlSquad TeenGirlSquad I really want to talk to you more. You would seem fun to talk to. There is something specific I wanted to talk with you about…

@Hong I got to admit I originally hated you. I don't remember why, but I did. Now, you seem like a really awesome dude and a fantastic supporter of Robin. You're thoughts on game designs were also interesting to listen to.

Also, I remember you saying you like the Game & Watch games?…Marry me senpai! <3

@Chandelure You are a very awesome supporter of Bandana Dee. With that said, you do need to be a more understanding and considerate of people who don't like Bandana Dee. You do know how to hype Bandana Dee though. :3

@IsmaR You are one second best Mod. I actually seen you do your job more then any other mod as well as doing it effectively. With that said, it's always nice to see you post. Usually a hilarious remark. :p It is also thanks to you and a couple of others that I tried out metriod. I've only played Super metriod so far, but I loved it. :3

@FalKoopa You were one of the first mods I saw here and you are still pretty cool.

@Admiral Pit Keep up that Palutena love. <3

@Scollis Jones You're always interesting to listen to in the Character discussion thread.

@BluePikmin11 You were always one of the interesting member with your "out there" character choices. While I'm not going to comment on their chances I do think it's good to think outside the box with ideas for move sets and the like

@KenithTheGatherer You are certainly one of the most noteworthy fans of Ghirihim. After seeing your posts for quite a while, you seem like a nice guy. :3

@Kapus I do have to apologies for not being able to take you on your offer so far. In addition to me being lazy, my limited access to Skype just messes with any plans.

@Shaya Thanks to you, I feel terrible for not getting off my lazy *** and watching more anime. ;_;

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht I really don't know what to say about you. But whenever you post it's always a good time. :D

Anyway, after this I'm setting a new goal for myself. To actually speak my mind more often. As much as I like the idea of having so many friends and never disappointing them, it's starting hurt just how much I'm sitting back in the sidelines.

This took way longer then it needed to. But I just needed to think it over. I originally wanted to get this out on the day I became a member for 1 year. I'm just happy I finally typed this up.

To many more years on this forum. <3

Now as for the current topic, I use Macs. Come at me. :p

REVEEENGE.

aaa.gif

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Those two words meant planning. With 50+ people

Sorry,can't deal with it. Really sensitive. REVENGE. MUST. COME.
In this context, "reservations" means "doubts". As in, if someone doesn't want to be cool and be absent from my story.

I will remember your name, however.

*brushes index finger over Arigarmy's lips*

On this occasion, I will do a cute dance for you. Enjoy.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In this context, "reservations" means "doubts". As in, if someone doesn't want to be cool and be absent from my story.

I will remember your name, however.

*brushes index finger over Arigarmy's lips*
Irony.
Shots fired.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I takes me 1 whole days pay to get the money needed for the figures I just bought

I want to keep track of how long I actually work to get the things I buy.

My food today cost about an hours pay (Actually less than an hour, for some reason I keep using the wrong pay grade when calculating my pay)

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
My cousin dropped of his five-year old cousin at my house on Monday, and is just now coming.

And I was just polishing off the gun, too...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My cousin dropped of his five-year old cousin at my house on Monday, and is just now coming.

And I was just polishing off the gun, too...
You were going to shoot him?

0.gif

Also,cousinception.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tab was introduced as a diet drink in 1963.[1] Coca-Cola's marketing research department used its IBM 1401 computer to generate a list of over 185,000 four-letter words with one vowel

umm...Computer fail

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Just came back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, which is officially my favorite MCU film next to Winter Soldier. Man did James Gunn knock it out of the ballpark. :D One of the best sci-films I've ever seen.

Came back to seeing this update, which was alright.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
New user here. I have been lurking so long since when Marth was revealed only to join now,weird right? Anyway I hope to have great times in here!

Also, I love waddle dees...

Also, the forum looks weird, now that I can see your signatures and all that XD...

Also, Wobbuffet....
Kay, I'm done.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
New user here. I have been lurking so long since when Marth was revealed only to join now,weird right? Anyway I hope to have great times in here!

Also, the forum looks weird, now that I can see your signatures and all that XD...

Also, Wobbuffet....
Kay, I'm done.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.
Also! Watch out for @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht .

D

Deleted member

Also, Wobbuffet....
Kay, I'm done.
Welcome! If you want to make it less weird, you can disable signatures in preferences. It also makes pages load faster too!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Also, Wobbuffet....
Kay, I'm done.
Welcome to the forums!

This is the Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS Social thread, so you can pretty much talk about anything as long as it doesn't go against the Global Rules. (On other threads, you should stay on topic.)

If you have any issues with the site, contact a staff member. A full list of staff members can be checked here.

All this said, enjoy your time here!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Also, Wobbuffet....
Kay, I'm done.
Welcome! You're in for a wild ride.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Cooler was always my favorite DBZ movie villain.

Also wait until Nintendo of Germany (Europe? Eh) tweets that they have a few surprises in store.

Zelda II Adventure of Link livestream confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Also wait until Nintendo of Germany (Europe? Eh) tweets that they have a few surprises in store.

Or maybe...another obscure Japan only game confirmed for Virtual Console release (at least in Europe)

Mother 3?

no but seriously that would be really cool

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

As far as the movies go, Cooler was my favorite villain too. But in the main series, I gotta go with Cell. I at least liked him the most design wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom