• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Shadow Devil boss fight in Mega Man X5 is immensely annoying. It'd be fine if there's a pattern to memorize. But there isn't so you can only get lucky if you don't constantly get hit with projectiles. Pretty much any other boss in the game was fair and fun. But that Shadow Devil is a douche.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
is it even a valid English sentence?

"you need not open"....I feel something is not right..... "you need TO not open"?
It's old and formal, but it's valid as far as grammar is concerned. I don't know about the West, but "need not" is very commonly used in formal documents here.

:231:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's old and formal, but it's a valid as far as grammar is concerned. I don't know about the West, but "need not" is very commonly used in formal documents here.

:231:
Yeah, it should still be formal English. Really, it's just out there because it's from an older style of dialect. Makes you wonder how much more the language can change in 100 years or so. Though it'd be weird if stuff like OMG, LOL IDK ect. were considered real words. I can deal with "ain't" being a real word now though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know what I remembered from my high school years at one point on a Cinco de Mayo?

Gang wars. That's about as ****ed up

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
But its Cinco de Mayo Tuesday but on Wednesday.

Like how when you have Taco Tuesday but on Friday. One does not question how the universe works, you just try and enjoy it.

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
I have the flu, social thread. This has become my bed ridden life. Can't smash, swimming in sick.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Mew2King is telling the truth boys. :marthmelee:

Also, hi.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

Also, hi.
(Hey Luggy)

And good on M2K. After all the crap he's been through, seeing the first time he blows up being over insults toward his friend and the community he cares about and helped create is... Pretty admirable to say the least.

What I mean is, it's nice that those were his first priorities.

Also, 'morning everyone.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

It saddens me to see what happened to the Smash community. M2K is right; we need to adapt and stop complaining about everything. There's a ridiculous amount of effort put in that game and Sakurai is even sacrificing his left arm to make some great post-release content, but who cares when we have flaming, high levels of salt, Melee and patches? The Smash community is slowly becoming something that is absolutely disgusting and cancerous, which makes me really worried about its future, since the Smash community is usually one of the friendliest and most entertaining... :urg:

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Emetophobia much?
I've had numerous experiences where I learned of someone's illness, then as soon they get better, I get their sickness. But yes, I am just a paranoid nutter.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I beat the first world of SS (or I should say kinda because I have to figure out 1-4) and this is a good TL;DR of my stance of the game at this point:

It's not an rpg and it's only 10% Paper Mario, the msot of the Paper Mario that was kept is the colorfull design that I will be honest, I love. The environement offers much more interesting interactions with the hammer. The thing is, I do see reasons to like the game, but that's assuming you discard that it's advertised as an rpg and a Paper mario game....which is quite a problem for me, but might not be for others.

If you care about the series, only play it minimum the second game of it, NEVER attempt the first one....that's not a good idea, go for pm64 than decide (but the series is more enjoyed in order).

That wasn't the full version, the long one will be posted in the Paper Mario thread because you might pass out of how long it would be :)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's actually just Kung Fu panda, not Dreamworks animation as a whole.
Disappointing, to say the least. Though Kung-Fu Panda was a good movie. I was hoping for some Toothless air combos. And who wouldn't want to brutally decimate those damn penguins? I know I would. :yeahboi:

Also, hi.
He brings up a good point. I do like the Diddy Kong jokes though. They were funnier than the Meta-Knight ones, though not as good as the Fox ones. But in all honesty, it's best for us as players, whether we're pro or not to at least attempt to improve our skills naturally. As opposed to the current mentality of nerfing anything that'll give us a problem.

Last edited:

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Hope you feel better soon.
:( Hope you feel better.
Thanks! I should be 99% by the weekend.

If I suddenly get sick, I'M COMING FOR YOU
I have imposed myself in quarantine, no work, no friends. Just sleep and games and documentaries.

Also, hi.
I like what M2K said. I like ZeRo's YouTube channel. I like people who champion Smash 4.

I don't know why the community is full of vitriol when it comes to the nuances of character changes. Like, have fun and chill out, and you know... maybe... play the game...

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
What character would you hate so much to be in smash, that you would hunt down and come like a heap of bricks on whover voted for him/her?

Personally, it'd be Freddy. I am not going to be ready for Freddy, and never will.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Having my favorite drink at my favorite bar with my best friend. It's a Four Horseman. One part Jameson, one part Jack Daniels, one part Jim Beam, one part Johnny Walker with ice.

Here's the picture of the bar. It's called Freak and I've been going for 5 years.

Attachments

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Also, hi.
Mew2King preaching it like a King! (no pun intended)

I agree with him 100%. The Smash community has became so toxic nowadays, it's why I have absolutely no interest in participating in tournaments because of how childish people can be. I get it, it's a game. But this game can be a career for people and all they do is whine, *****, and moan? Grow up and be supportive instead of toxic. People can be so disgusting these days. Help your Smash brothers and sisters through their rough times instead of bashing. Do people even realize what can happen when someone gets pushed too far?

FINALLY done with my ten page paper. I may apply this for my senior thesis in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I wonder what happened to @Abyssal Lagiacrus
Haven't seen him in a while

...waitasecond
*looks at Main Page*
ohai Artsy Omni, we meet again. :b

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I wonder what happened to @Abyssal Lagiacrus
Haven't seen him in a while

...waitasecond
*looks at Main Page*
ohai Artsy Omni, we meet again. :b
btw, in case you didn't got the latest, I did got sticker star....

I now get the feeling of the "Why can't I jump" joke....I mean paper or not, it's mario, I EXPECT to jump.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom