• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've just been over at Mall of America, and they said their GameStop hasn't gotten any preorders for the new Amiibos yet, and that its just online that is sold out. This all makes no sense. Has anyone else been getting that story from their retailer?

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Shovel Knight is ahead of everyone?

Bullcrap. It should be Hal, the Boomerang Bird.

----
People think Shovel Knight has a chance? Don't want to be that guy, but he's a non-Nintendo character from an indie game that's barely one year old that didn't even get released yet in Japan (at least I think). Don't get me wrong I loved the game, so much so that I'm going to buy it on my PS4 despite the fact I already have it on 3DS AND Wii U, but he's beyond unlikely.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
People think Shovel Knight has a chance? Don't want to be that guy, but he's a non-Nintendo character from an indie game that's barely one year old that didn't even get released yet in Japan (at least I think). Don't get me wrong I loved the game, so much so that I'm going to buy it on my PS4 despite the fact I already have it on 3DS AND Wii U, but he's beyond unlikely.
Don't know much about Shovel Knight aside from people making aBral hack of him and people wanting him in SSB4.

I'm only slightly kidding when I said I wanted an Angry Bird in that last post.

I played the game for the very first time only a few days ago (despite hearing about it for the past few years) and I think it's rather interesting, with all the powerups and episodes and game mechanics and whatnot.

---

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*Sailor Moon doesn't figure on the list*

YOU DISAPPOINT ME HUMANITY

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
It's super annoying when people give you the go-to argument on why your character can't be in smash when they haven't played the games
Bleh
Meta Knight has a Hoo-Hah now.
Oboi
You have multiple opportunities to DI easily out of that
Shuttle Loop killing at high percentage is nothing new, but that's not a great combo unless your opponent is from FG or a sandbag

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
If banjo kazooie turns into a playable character on smash 4 I will request a perma ban from some mod of these boards.

Then I will know that I already spent too much time here...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am officially idol addicted trash

Remember when my thing was Love Live back in Nov-Dec when I was Premium? Now I'm all iDOLM@STER, lol

and straight from DIO no less

:troll:

Last edited:

Soul.

lol that MK video. Instead of dash attack > Up B why don't you chain up air to Up B.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
lol that MK video. Instead of dash attack > Up B why don't you chain up air to Up B.
You get views for click bait
Next they'll teach us how Diddy can 0>death in seconds
1. Grab other controller
2. Make them SD twice
3. Omg 4000 views

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Alright, I'm actually legitimately p***** off at Shovel Knight now, particularly Yacht Club Games. They shouldn't jump on the bandwagon and get peoples' hopes up by outright asking them to vote for their character. A simple 'yes we'd be cool with it' would suffice, like we've just seen with Banjo. Look I'm all for companies trying to promote their IPs, but this could set a dangerous precedent and also makes the whole thing slightly unfair as Level-5 or Platinum Games haven't started a Twiiter campaign for their characters, they get heavily beaten in a poll like that as a result. Now I know YCG are a small team and need all the help they can get, but there's ways to do it, promote your fantastic game the same way you've done it already, especially the amazing free DLC, but to do something like they've done just rubs me the wrong way a stinks of a lack of class. Sorry for the rant and I don't want to offend anyone, as I say I'm a fan first and foremost, I just heavily dissagree with this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People still want Geno in the games? Too many Mario characters / 10.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seriously speaking: Who the Hell is Shovel Knight?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Alright, I'm actually legitimately p***** off at Shovel Knight now, particularly Yacht Club Games. They shouldn't jump on the bandwagon and get peoples' hopes up by outright asking them to vote for their character. A simple 'yes we'd be cool with it' would suffice, like we've just seen with Banjo. Look I'm all for companies trying to promote their IPs, but this could set a dangerous precedent and also makes the whole thing slightly unfair as Level-5 or Platinum Games haven't started a Twiiter campaign for their characters, they get heavily beaten in a poll like that as a result. Now I know YCG are a small team and need all the help they can get, but there's ways to do it, promote your fantastic game the same way you've done it already, especially the amazing free DLC, but to do something like they've done just rubs me the wrong way a stinks of a lack of class.
I only agree with this just because we don't have an exclusive boss fight like the "cool guys"....
:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After reading about the Shovel Knight stuff I really want they get slammed with a "Please Understand"...

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I only agree with this just because we don't have an exclusive boss fight like the "cool guys"....
:yeahboi:
You mean in Shovel Knight itself? Yeah Kratos and the Battletoads look cool, but honestly I enjoy Streetpass which could be seen as our exclusive. It's simple but fun, and makes good use of the feature. Though I admit, Link, Samus or Marth would've made great bosses.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Got a Pikachu Amiibo. Made him have Ethan's hat and called him Pikabro. Level 18 right now and I still haven't lost a life. He's slowly doing better and giving me more damage though.

Edit: Also have an unopened Pikachu and unopened Samus. I don't want to ruin their boxes. ;_;

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Shrek's obviously part-Grass if not a pure Grass-type, so he has an advantage over Squirtle, a Water-type. Let's also mention that Shrek's fully-evolved. :p
He's part Onion type, with the ability Multilayer; he's OP :yeahboi:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Got a Pikachu Amiibo. Made him have Ethan's hat and called him Pikabro. Level 18 right now and I still haven't lost a life. He's slowly doing better and giving me more damage though.

Edit: Also have an unopened Pikachu and unopened Samus. I don't want to ruin their boxes. ;_;
Eh, boxes add nothing but clutter for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom