• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just something I've thought of, but which characters do you guys think are underestimated in SSB4?

For me, it's Dr.Mario, King Dedede, and Wario. Dr.Mario has good decent combos and his tornado is insane with what you can pull off with it (and his recovery isn't even terrible). King Dedede is a tank with good range and Gordo spacing is awesome. Wario...Wario is just amazing. The bite, the bike, his mobility, his waft. This character is just so much fun to play, yet hard to learn as. He also has crotch chops which makes him even more hilarious.
Definitely :4palutena: on my side. All people say these days is that she's bad without customs, that she's useless without customs, but I think she has potential. As with some other characters, you have to be truly dedicated to using her, spend tons of time training with her as she has a high learning curve, which is why many give up on her. She'd be really good in the right hands, and could be low-mid tier material without customs.
Her qualities? Often anti-camp most things, the amazing dash attack/B-air priority, fair spacing, great AA tools (more with customs), good mobility despite some of her laggy moves, her amazing single jab to grab (you can F-smash or U-smash to mix things up), and poor underrated Reflect Barrier; the damaging hitbox can hit you right out of shield or counter (not Palutena's counter), and can be used to disrupt certain characters' recoveries.
But like I said, dedication, high learning curve, but has good potential to me.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Definitely :4palutena: on my side. All people say these days is that she's bad without customs, that she's useless without customs, but I think she has potential. As with some other characters, you have to be truly dedicated to using her, spend tons of time training with her as she has a high learning curve, which is why many give up on her. She'd be really good in the right hands, and could be low-mid tier material without customs.
Her qualities? Often anti-camp most things, the amazing dash attack/B-air priority, fair spacing, great AA tools (more with customs), good mobility despite some of her laggy moves, her amazing single jab to grab (you can F-smash or U-smash to mix things up), and poor underrated Reflect Barrier; the damaging hitbox can hit you right out of shield or counter (not Palutena's counter), and can be used to disrupt certain characters' recoveries.
I will admit, while Palutena has her problems, she does have some good moves and potential. I can recall a lot of matches where I was D-throwed into U-air. Her customs do make her way better though IMO.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I have to agree with this, I played Palutena a few times I don't see her as bad as many say. I have a much harder time playing with :4duckhunt: or:4wiifit: then:4palutena: but that just me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I will admit, while Palutena has her problems, she does have some good moves and potential. I can recall a lot of matches where I was D-throwed into U-air. Her customs do make her way better though IMO.
It aint just that combo that can be DI'd out of. You can actually bait an airdodge sometimes, and then catch them with U-smash as a kill method if you catch on to that habit, provided that player has that habit. Using her FF N-air to persue and gimp some characters is also sweet

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Change the thread title to "please leave me alone I don't want to associate with you anymore" it'll be really funny

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Low tier chars are low tier for a reason
With that said, I might drop Smash 4
Depends on how well I can learn :4pikachu: :4sheik: or :4lucario:
Might legit just play Maylay

Last edited:

Soul.

Luma should have been alongside Rosalina on Mario Kart 8 just like in MKWii.
yay i said mkwii.
Low tier chars are low tier for a reason
With that said, I might drop Smash 4
Depends on how well I can learn :4pikachu: :4sheik: or :4lucario:
Might legit just play Maylay
If you learn Pikachu I'll buy a Wii U just for you so that we can train :troll:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
...I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the day I see "Smash 4 Social 5.0: Lets hear it for the Mighty Ducks!" as the thread title.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
aMSa would like to talk to you :glare:
Well
Lemme correct myself
Low tier chars are placed low for a reason
Doesn't mean someone can't play them well, but you can only take them so far (DKWill)
But they have their limitations (end lag, bad frame data, no neutral game, etc.) and bad MUs

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Super smash kart talk again,I don't see it working .
Unless you people wants to ruin one more nintendo fanbase you can go on.:troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I've never played PM and neither I'm planning to. The only things that caughts my attetion is the costumes, but besides that... Yeah, if I want Melee speed I just can simply play Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom