• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
New Screenshot revealed for Kingdom Hearts 3

Looks like TF2 just got confirmed to be a world.:seuss:

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Also, I ****ing hate this gif but look what I found on tumblr... ****ing babies

Someone know some sense into this babies head on tumblr
I have seen nothing but praise for this game. The worst complaints I've seen was how some would've preferred a regular Paper Mario game. This gif makes no sense.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have seen nothing but praise for this game. The worst complaints I've seen was how some would've preferred a regular Paper Mario game. This gif makes no sense.
Easy Its just saying " ITS NOT PAPER MARIO ITS A M&L GAME wha wha" Thats basically it
".... If you watch some gameplay of it you will see that it plays more like a Mario & Luigi game than a Paper Mario game!"

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Level 9 computers can actually be kind of fun. Fought a couple of them not too long ago.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I did some matches today on the Smash Ladder (I'm ranked Silver III, so it's nice) and I mainly fought Roys on there. People are really liking him because of his agressive playstyle and his big KO potential.

I still beat them by playing defensive with Mac though. :troll:

T

Trick or Treat

Depending on how this develops will affect my opinion on marriage returning, but I will say that I'm disappointed so far that it is. Personally, I wanted Fates to be its own thing, just to focus on the choices and how it affected the characters you had in the current part of the storyline, and it was doing a good job of just that. The children mechanic coming back kind of takes away from Fates doing its own thing and I don't see how it can be integrated into the storyline properly without it hurting some of the characters and the plot in the process. It just seems unnecessary to me that they brought it back, and I do wish that they had a clean break from that mechanic and focused on other things.
I don't really think it takes away from any of that. I doubt that it will be so in-your-face and constantly pushing it. It could just as easily be another mechanic that can be ignored or pushed to the side if you wish. That is how I think it will be, at least. I feel as though Fates will focus on the choices and consequences, with marriage and children just being an extra feature. I personally love that feature and am glad it is back.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Also, I ****ing hate this gif but look what I found on tumblr... ****ing babies

Someone know some sense into this babies head on tumblr
The game is not even out yet. For all we know, this game could really be Mario and Luigi X Paper Mario. I admit, Nintendo e3 could have been better. But, I got to see games and get info on them. I saw some games I wanted and some I did not care for. The presentation was great. But not perfect. And alot of the games I saw I said "I am getting that."
I wish Nintendo would respond to these ****s. Tell them to just shut up.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
Can someone please tell me where you heard about FE fates having children again? I personally found having future kids kind of a hassle since they aren't really part of the story.

T

Trick or Treat

Easy Its just saying " ITS NOT PAPER MARIO ITS A M&L GAME wha wha" Thats basically it
".... If you watch some gameplay of it you will see that it plays more like a Mario & Luigi game than a Paper Mario game!"
On the subject of Paper Jam, I really don't understand the complaints.

I admit that I want more of a traditional Paper Mario game, and seeing this get revealed was a little disappointing in the sense that it isn't one. However, Mario & Luigi is a great series and alternative to Paper Mario. So even though Paper Jam isn't what I wanted to see, regarding Paper Mario, I also don't understand how people can legitimately complain about it, because PM or not, it looks like a fun game and M&L is also a good series. And who knows, the game isn't even out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The game is not even out yet. For all we know, this game could really be Mario and Luigi X Paper Mario. I admit, Nintendo e3 could have been better. But, I got to see games and get info on them. I saw some games I wanted and some I did not care for. The presentation was great. But not perfect. And alot of the games I saw I said "I am getting that."
I wish Nintendo would respond to these ****s. Tell them to just shut up.
Well I did said my opinion on the paper mario subreddit (there was a mix basically, some were hyped and some just didn;t get that this game helps the series in the end).

At least there wasn;t as much dislike as I thoguht it would, it;s liek a disappointement that actually makes up for it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I personally enjoy the Mario & Luigi series a lot more than the Paper Mario series. I don't see the problems with this new game and I screamed with happiness when it was first revealed.

All new games shown at E3 are not even a week old and too many people just don't understand that. :facepalm:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I admit that I want more of a traditional Paper Mario game, and seeing this get revealed was a little disappointing in the sense that it isn't one. However, Mario & Luigi is a great series and alternative to Paper Mario. So even though Paper Jam isn't what I wanted to see, regarding Paper Mario, I also don't understand how people can legitimately complain about it, because PM or not, it looks like a fun game and M&L is also a good series.
it;s a bit simple, M&L is VASTLY different than paper mario.

it;s not really an "alternative". that's the thing here, you get a vastly different experience than paper mario from M&L.

Where the complains goes is idk why but some people coudl imply it means they care more about M&L or soemthing, look, the James leak is still alive, for me, this game feels more like a transition to getting a paper mario game.

but m&L is extremely different, they might look very similar, but that;s in theory, in practice, it's not.

Strofirko

Smash Master
My new profile pic represents me right now,in every nintendo-ish place.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Well I did said my opinion on the paper mario subreddit (there was a mix basically, some were hyped and some just didn;t get that this game helps the series in the end).

At least there wasn;t as much dislike as I thoguht it would, it;s liek a disappointement that actually makes up for it.
If anything, I think it helps Paper Mario. If PM was not in this game, people would have been like, "Oh another Mario and Luigi RPG." but now that this game as PM, people are getting more hyped.
Also, after I beat Conker's BFD, I will play Paper Mario.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I admit that I want more of a traditional Paper Mario game, and seeing this get revealed was a little disappointing in the sense that it isn't one. However, Mario & Luigi is a great series and alternative to Paper Mario. So even though Paper Jam isn't what I wanted to see, regarding Paper Mario, I also don't understand how people can legitimately complain about it, because PM or not, it looks like a fun game and M&L is also a good series. And who knows, the game isn't even out yet.
Well if you don't like M&L then you sorta have a blind hatred to the game

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If anything, I think it helps Paper Mario. If PM was not in this game, people would have been like, "Oh another Mario and Luigi RPG." but now that this game as PM, people are getting more hyped.
Also, after I beat Conker's BFD, I will play Paper Mario.
the problem is that some people think it differently by like assuming this is paper mario.....it's M&L geez.....

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
Can someone please tell me where you heard about FE fates having children again? I personally found having future kids kind of a hassle since they aren't really part of the story.
it;s a bit simple, M&L is VASTLY different than paper mario.

it;s not really an "alternative". that's the thing here, you get a vastly different experience than paper mario from M&L.

Where the complains goes is idk why but some people coudl imply it means they care more about M&L or soemthing, look, the James leak is still alive, for me, this game feels more like a transition to getting a paper mario game.

but m&L is extremely different, they might look very similar, but that;s in theory, in practice, it's not.
yeah, Paper mario needs to go back to its roots, The battle system for the two are different when you take into account the partner abilities, badges which give you new moves, also the order in which characters attack is more organized in Paper mario, I love M&L though, but I was really hoping for a console PM. Still waiting :(

T

Trick or Treat

Well if you don't like M&L then you sorta have a blind hatred to the game
If someone genuinely doesn't like the M&L series, then it is perfectly fine for them to not be thrilled for Paper Jam.

But complaining so much about Paper Jam solely due to the fact that it isn't the Paper Mario we wanted is just silly in my opinion.

I am a HUGE Paper Mario fan. TTYD is in my top 10 favorite games of all time. So yes, on a personal preference level, I was hoping to see something more like that. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I have a problem with Paper Jam nor hate its existence. Especially considering that M&L is another good series. I am probably going to get the game. Maybe not at launch, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom