• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
I hope nobody is salty about release dates. We'll basically beta test and you can't really miss Black Friday in the US for a large release. If Japan = 3DS heartland, NA = Wii U's. NA has been the best place saleswise by far for Nintendo home consoles since at least N64. I had a feeling this might happen.

oh goddddd nooooooo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So so so grossssss! :cry:
Shame a finished trophy was removed from the final game, like her or not...

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I hope nobody is salty about release dates. We'll basically beta test and you can't really miss Black Friday in the US for a large release. If Japan = 3DS heartland, NA = Wii U's. NA has been the best place saleswise by far for Nintendo home consoles since at least N64. I had a feeling this might happen.

Im more salty about WiiU version comming out 2 months after 3DS than the extra two weeks Europe has to wait.

But that suck too I wont lie.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So... just heard the news about Smash for Wii U being released in NA first.
And I'm a bit pissed off about it. The US gets to act self-entitled, while us in Europe just have to sit here and pout while we get Smash Bros late for the 5th time in a row and we don't even get ORAS when literally everyone else does. Bloody brilliant marketing decisions Nintendo are doing right now. Well I guess we got PL vs AA and M&L Dream Team before the US... but those are the only ones I can think of, and they didn't even meet the hype IMO. Good games, yes, but not great games. Xenoblade Chronicles I guess? Bit depressing that I can only think of 3 major games Europe got before the US...

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
US is likely getting it first because of Black Friday. If not for that, it'd probably been a near worldwide release. They can't afford to skip Black Friday for their biggest holiday title.

Not sure how the two exactly relate??? (I know what trophy you're talking about though)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And I'm a bit pissed off about it. The US gets to act self-entitled, while us in Europe just have to sit here and pout while we get Smash Bros late for the 5th time in a row and we don't even get ORAS when literally everyone else does. Bloody brilliant marketing decisions Nintendo are doing right now. Well I guess we got PL vs AA and M&L Dream Team before the US... but those are the only ones I can think of, and they didn't even meet the hype IMO. Good games, yes, but not great games. Xenoblade Chronicles I guess? Bit depressing that I can only think of 3 major games Europe got before the US...
**** happens. :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Just see it like this: Americans are our bugtesters. :troll:

Last edited:

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
We don't get everything first. I should have no hair after all the strands I pulled out from getting games days-to-weeks after Japan and Europe.

R0Y

Smash Master
Not sure how the two exactly relate??? (I know what trophy you're talking about though)
It's content removed from the game. It was a nice trophy, and it's gone. It's not related, whether you like a fictional character or not is irrelevant.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So, is there any way to get Outfits beyond Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mii?
Trophy Rush and Target Blast as well.

Get over it. The one acting entitled currently is you.

#NoSympyathy

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Get over it. The one acting entitled currently is you.

#NoSympyathy
either that or i can look like an idiot
Case in point. yeah I'm looking real dumb right now
Still pissed off though. inb4 release date comes and people on the internet rub it in our faces. Not you specifically, but people already are on other sites. That's probably the most annoying part of this.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Stop complaining atleast it's only 2 weeks and not 3 1/3 months like for Brawl.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've recently made a post to the FYCC blog about a pretty divisive character named Makoto from a pretty lackluster RPG game. The reasons h was hated ranged from having "creepy" rants about his love for Touya (who is obviously straight), being an offensive flamboyantly gay stereotype, having an annoying voice, using a saxophone to fight, he was much cooler in his disguise as the Mystery Man, and the ending involving him forcefully kissing Touya. The best part, many gaming critics hated him for enforcing such stereotypes and labeled that game as being bad for that reason along with the terrible voice acting. And now to wait a week in order to see which fan will be brave enough to defend this character. :awesome:

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
You want to talk about huge release date differences? Okay.

Smash (N64)

Melee

• JP November 21, 2001
  • NA December 3, 2001
  • EU May 24, 2002 (launch title)
  • AUS May 31, 2002 (launch title)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It's content removed from the game. It was a nice trophy, and it's gone. It's not related, whether you like a fictional character or not is irrelevant.
Ah okay, I got real confused for a moment. I sort of forgot the person brought up Tharja's figure. lol

I have a feeling she was cut due to wanting to keep the E10+ rate I guess.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just killed 6 Miis in Cruel Smash. Then I murdered Master Core on the highest difficulty.

With DARK LORD GANONDORF.
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just killed 6 Miis in Cruel Smash. Then I murdered Master Core on the highest difficulty.

With DARK LORD GANONDORF.
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
The Great King's power dominates anyone who stand in his way. Unsurprising, but never one bit unimpressive, coming from the one who holds the Triforce of Power. :evil:

I still need to get better at the game so I can crush opponents in Cruel Smash as the Evil King himself.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Hello. In the hope that when Smash U hits the market I will be able to transfer all the stuff that I unlocked on the 3DS in the newer version (especially trophies, custom moves and mii parts) I'm hard into completing Sm4sh 3DS at 100% before December. I'm already at a good point actually (527 trophies collected, Classic mode completed with every character etc...) but I have a few questions to speed up the process.

1) What's the best mode to get a lot of money? I'm running short all of a sudden, since I hit the 450 trophies mark kinda.
2) Is there a way to know how many custom stuff I have left? In the Stats cathegory I can see that I've unlocked 256 custom equipment, 147 special moves, 25 headgear, 11 outfits and 52 bonus effects. I don't even know what bonus effects are.
3) There's a challenge which says you have to play for 10 collective hours. Do they mean simple smash matches against the CPU or multiplayer only? Does having an endless match going for hours and then end it work?
4) I have the sense that I've unlocked many equipments more than once (like the Brawn Badge thing) but it's always listed as new anyway. What does it mean? Are they like, infinite?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what I noticed
Why is the Triforce of Power, Wisdom and Courage called what they are?
I mean, they're a single unit.
Triforce of Power as a single unit is not Tri. :\

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
You know what I noticed
Why is the Triforce of Power, Wisdom and Courage called what they are?
I mean, they're a single unit.
Triforce of Power as a single unit is not Tri. :\
Well, tri could also mean a third of something I suppose, since you need tri thirds to make a whole. wut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom