• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
But those two events are mutually exclusive, it can't always be Reyn Time and Waluigi Time, that doesn't make sense.
Waluigi Time is present whenever Reyn is asleep.

And whenever Shulk is really feeling it he beats the snot out of Reyn and it becomes Shulk time until Reyn recovers from his newly received injuries. He never really feels it when Reyn happens to be asleep though so it does not interfere with Waluigi Time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But the Level Cap on Gen I was 255, if a Pokémon grows to 256 or higher the games reverses it back to Lv. 1
That's if you raise it from higher than 100 with rare candies

But it was captured at level 300

If it got a rare candy, it would have switched to level 1

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Waluigi Time is present whenever Reyn is asleep.

And whenever Shulk is really feeling it he beats the snot out of Reyn and it becomes Shulk time until Reyn recovers from his newly received injuries. He never really feels it when Reyn happens to be asleep though so it does not interfere with Waluigi Time.
And when is the Time to Tip the Scales? :4robinm:

Soul.

Kewl Pokémon Storytime!

So I was hunting a Shiny Magnemite in Hordes, after realizing it was freaking 3AM in my timezone, I called quits and when I was about to leave New Mauville a Magnemite appeared on the same place I stood spamming Sweet Scent, the DexNav indicated it had 3 Perfect IVs, I caught that Little Magnet and checked it with the judge and with the Serebii calculator.

It has an awesome IV spread of 31/31/27/31/27/28 and HIDDEN POWER ICE

I felt really happy and I love that Magnemite now: It's like it said: "Hey Im not shiny but I can be very helpful for your team!"
Please tell us how do you get near-perfect Pokémon. What is your luck??

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Please tell us how do you get near-perfect Pokémon. What is your luck??
I pray to Lord Shrek HELIX everyday.

Actually it wasn't just luck; I hunted for almost 10 hours a Shiny Magnemite, and thanks to that the DexNav Level was 999; and a high DexNav Level means better chances to find Pokémon with good IVs

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, I was about to fall asleep, and a local channel started playing old music videos, and they shown this one

This video and song confused me alot in 1998 and still kinda confuses me now...

....I feel old now, but man the 90s had really cool songs that can be enjoyed easily

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Getting my family in the Christmas spirit! Watching a Christmas Carol and unpacked the presents from my family. I know I got Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Age 3! We can't open them until Christmas though :/

What's everyone asking for?

Attachments

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Getting my family in the Christmas spirit! Watching a Christmas Carol and unpacked the presents from my family. I know I got Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Age 3! We can't open them until Christmas though :/

World peace and inner happiness.

Nah but for real, it's a bit sad but I know a lot of what I'm getting this year (from my girlfriend, anyway. My family doesn't really "do" Christmas anymore. Too much hassle.) Some amount of AoT manga volumes, probably an amiibo or two, the rocky movies, captain toad treasure tracker or nes remix 1+2 (or both). And then there'll probably be things I'm not expecting since she hates it when I guess every present I'm getting. I feel kinda bad for her, she feels the need to buy me more gifts than she might otherwise because she know I'm not getting any presents from my family, and Christmas is a big deal in her family.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't sleep, but interesting things are happening where I live:
A neighbor had loud ranchero music at 2am, the cops arrived to tell him to turn down the volume, the guy turned up the music again when the police left. Minutes later a guy beat down her wife near there, just when the cops where coming back to turn down the volume again; the Result: the beater got arrested in flagrance and the loud guy lost his speaker.

Now I can go to sleep, because the loud guy can't play music anymore and because it was really nice to see the Police doing justice this time.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, the loud guy got another speaker, and it's 3:32am in my timezone; but there's a meteor shower visible where I live and also I can see Mars' (or maybe is Venus?) shining dot in the sky.
Looks like the noisy neighbor was helpful this time :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can tell I will very much like the Xenoblade X OST having watched Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist. The game has Hiroyuki Sawano as the music composer, after all.

Anyway, how is this thread doing?

Can't expect much activity... Morning in Europe, after all.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I can tell I will very much like the Xenoblade X OST having watched Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist. The game has Hiroyuki Sawano as the music composer, after all.

Anyway, how is this thread doing?

Can't expect much activity... Morning in Europe, after all.

Yeah, the thread is pretty much sleeping or waking up right now.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
So someone just uploaded new Smash 4 tracks that haven't been seen in the game

This includes a new Wii Shop Channel/Mii Channel remix

and Mario Paint melody

There's also tracks for tournament mode so the only logical are that these are for the Miiverse Stage/Tournament mode additions

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not sure where to ask this, can't be bothered creating a thread for it....

In Smash Wii U are stocks in team battles treated differently? I played a 4 player 2v2 against the CPU with 3 stocks and the results screen says one of them fell twice and the other fell three times and self destructed once. (Nobody picked up an S flag)

It's not the first time either, whenever I play team battles I often hear the "player eliminated" announcer call and nobody is actually eliminated. It's really odd.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not sure where to ask this, can't be bothered creating a thread for it....

In Smash Wii U are stocks in team battles treated differently? I played a 4 player 2v2 against the CPU with 3 stocks and the results screen says one of them fell twice and the other fell three times and self destructed once. (Nobody picked up an S flag)

It's not the first time either, whenever I play team battles I often hear the "player eliminated" announcer call and nobody is actually eliminated. It's really odd.
The CPUs probably used the share stock mechanic, in which a player can use a teammate's stock to get back into the fight.

You probably heard the announcer say "share stock!" as well.

You can do that by pressing Start when you're KO'd and your teammate has more than 1 stock.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The CPUs probably used the share stock mechanic, in which a player can use a teammate's stock to get back into the fight.

You probably heard the announcer say "share stock!" as well.

You can do that by pressing Start when you're KO'd and your teammate has more than 1 stock.
I see, thanks. Here I thought I knew everything about the games. :p Maybe they did say share stock, I know the announcer said something at least.

Is this possible in the 3ds version or just the Wii U?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
3DS I've never seen CPUs sharing stock, I may be wrong about that.

But it happens all the time on Wii U. Every time a CPU has a teammate with a spare stock, they'll share it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I see, thanks. Here I thought I knew everything about the games. :p Maybe they did say share stock, I know the announcer said something at least.

Is this possible in the 3ds version or just the Wii U?
It's been possible in all Smash games. I remember Melee and Brawl having that feature.

However, I get the impression that it wasn't until the Wii U version that the CPUs actually made use of this feature.

I don't have the Wii U version, so I can't confirm anything about it.

So someone just uploaded new Smash 4 tracks that haven't been seen in the game

This includes a new Wii Shop Channel/Mii Channel remix

and Mario Paint melody

There's also tracks for tournament mode so the only logical are that these are for the Miiverse Stage/Tournament mode additions
They probably had the songs already done, so the download only comprises of the stage and the mode.

When the Miiverse stage is shown on the 50-Fact Extravaganza, you can hear the Mii Channel remix found on the 3DS version, so it's likely that that song will be part of that stage's My Music.

And I've seen claims that Nintendo Land music was also heard on the direct, but not found in the game, which may also be one of the songs that will be used on the Miiverse stage.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

I'm hoping to get Dragon Age too! But I would be more than content with Smash Wii U, and I've also asked for a couple of Amiibos. And I'll say you'll enjoy Hyrule Warriors, don't even hesitate about getting the DLC either, it adds so much to the game. And Epona is just gr8.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
When someone beat me with Diddy Kong 3 times in a row :

Seriously, I'm sick of fast characters always being the best in Smash. Especially the ones that are gimmicky like Diddy.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Seriously, I'm sick of fast characters always being the best in Smash. Especially the ones that are gimmicky like Diddy.
It's always the sword characters for me. I go online, surely there's either an Ike or a Shulk or a Robin ready and waiting to destroy me. Of course last night there was a particularly good Mega Man that taught that Shulk a lesson or two. He also taught me a lesson so that wasn't so cool.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It's always the sword characters for me. I go online, surely there's either an Ike or a Shulk or a Robin ready and waiting to destroy me. Of course last night there was a particularly good Mega Man that taught that Shulk a lesson or two. He also taught me a lesson so that wasn't so cool.
Sword characters are not a big problem for me, since they have an average speed and have some weaknesses.

The problem that I have is with fast characters : they are too complicated too punish. See, the main reason why :4sonic: or :4sheik: are considered good is because how mobile they are. They are fast and don't have a lot of frames where you can punish them. They can escape too easily from normal characters and can punish way too easily.

But :4diddy: is on an other level : he's gimmicky. And being gimmicky in a Smash game is important, especially in this one. By being weird, Diddy profits of his mobility to surprise people and to KO at low percents. He profits of the engine of the game to beat everyone. He's weird and strong, too strong. Nobody expected him to be this weirdly good.

If Smash would have used canon facts from the games, :4palutena: and:4pit:/:4darkpit: would be the strongest. Yet, who is the best character in Smash for people ? A monkey with a hat. Sakurai, we know you like irony and trolling, but please try to make game balance. Just put your "Strong characters" on the level of "Weird ones", wich are apparently "The best of the best".

Yes, I'm angry. Salty ? Maybe. But you can't deny that fast and weird characters still rule the Smash world.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So.
I got Good News n' Bad News.
Good News;
My Sister is out of the house for the day and I'm allowed to play Smash Wii U (yay)
Bad News;
Wanna know where she's going?
****ING COMICCON
THE LUCKY *******.

D

Deleted member

Sword characters are not a big problem for me, since they have an average speed and have some weaknesses.

The problem that I have is with fast characters : they are too complicated too punish. See, the main reason why :4sonic: or :4sheik: are considered good is because how mobile they are. They are fast and don't have a lot of frames where you can punish them. They can escape too easily from normal characters and can punish way too easily.

But :4diddy: is on an other level : he's gimmicky. And being gimmicky in a Smash game is important, especially in this one. By being weird, Diddy profits of his mobility to surprise people and to KO at low percents. He profits of the engine of the game to beat everyone. He's weird and strong, too strong. Nobody expected him to be this weirdly good.

If Smash would have used canon facts from the games, :4palutena: and:4pit:/:4darkpit: would be the strongest. Yet, who is the best character in Smash for people ? A monkey with a hat. Sakurai, we know you like irony and trolling, but please try to make game balance. Just put your "Strong characters" on the level of "Weird ones", wich are apparently "The best of the best".

Yes, I'm angry. Salty ? Maybe. But you can't deny that fast and weird characters still rule the Smash world.

Sure, you could nerf Diddy Kong, but he's not nearly as broken as he's built up to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom