• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Shiny Hype was real, after I saw the PokéMovie trailer I transferred my Shiny Rayquaza from Y to OR to Mega Evolve it, then I decided to check the Hordes in Granite Cave with hopes of getting a Heavy Metal Aron:

*Mawile used Fart! Sweet Scent!*
Oh well a Zubat horde as expected
*run*
*Mawile Farts again! used Sweet Scent!
Meh...more Zubats......
.....Holy Crap one is Green!
*Runs in circles again*

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
IM OFF EARLY WOOOOOOOO
It's not going to stay that way but yup. As of last time I checked grades (which was this morning) everyone failed gym.
Gym teacher must be really mean
View attachment 32420
Aww that's cute, Smashboards now holds me hand.

Wait a minute....

View attachment 32421
NO!!!! THIS CAN NOT BE!!!

AM I CURSED TO BE BABY SITED NO MATTER WHERE I BE?!?!?!

Wait a minute!! Maybe Warchamp could just be kidding.... I'll go check his...

View attachment 32423

. . . . .
@IsmaR pls
Why can't Ash just like become a pokemon master already? I'd like to see a fresh face for once.
Misread that as Fresh Prince, and mistook you for @lonekonwolf
someone photoshop dis pls
Because it should not exist.

Game Freak cares about Raichu?
You mean Mega Pikachu, surely?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fun fact: because of my severe myopia, they removed every classes of gym on my schedules so I litterally can't fail it because I don't have it :)
Lucky. I hate gym. Sometimes I laugh like "ha ha, I'm so bad at this," and others it just makes me sad.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
The Shiny Hype was real, after I saw the PokéMovie trailer I transferred my Shiny Rayquaza from Y to OR to Mega Evolve it, then I decided to check the Hordes in Granite Cave with hopes of getting a Heavy Metal Aron:

*Mawile used Fart! Sweet Scent!*
Oh well a Zubat horde as expected
*run*
*Mawile Farts again! used Sweet Scent!
Meh...more Zubats......
.....Holy Crap one is Green!
*Runs in circles again*
*Zubat used Surf*

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Adventures is seriously overrated. It's not nearly as good as the loud minority likes to pretend it is, honestly.
You're the only person who I've ever heard say that. After having read Adventures, imma have to wholeheartedly disagree.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Alright, I kinda need people to fill out this super smash bros for Wii U survey.

I think 7(?) people here already did the survey but I need enough to make a few graphs.

1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? ( 3DS / Wii U )
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? ( YES / NO )

According to your “Stats” list:
  1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? _____
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? _____
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? _____
  4. How Many Online Wins? ____
  5. What is your KO Total? _____
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? _______________

According to your “For Glory” Stats
  1. What is your win rate? _____
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? _____

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't care much for adventures. Especially the spoon swords mewtwo used.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Was there a recent discussion about it? I didn't know. Sorry.
Not so much the fact of it being recent, but if it being the same damn discussion every time.

First someone whines about the anime, then someone dickrides Adventures, then someone else dickrides the games, then everyone else brings up whatever other different parts of the franchise there are to make it seems like they all do things better than the anime when they all do the exact same stuff they whine that the anime does, and in some cases, do it worse! "But it's not the anime, so it's cool and totally okay!" Yeah, no. **** you. They're all equally guilty of doing strange things and the games are nowhere near being masterpieces in the first place. And no, the male protagonists from the games wouldn't be automatically better than Ash. They either have no personality in their games due to being self-insert avatars or they'd have...hardly any character anyone once written into the show like the two times it's happened so far with Ethan (I'm not calling him Gold) and Red. Even in Adventures, Red was honestly the only decent protagonist and he was still just your typical cap wearing shonen protag in some game based series, but that kinda comes with the territory.

The entirety of Pokemon has always been incredibly dumb, not just the anime. Now the anime was easily at the height of it's stupidity during Unova...Good god, what even happened there? But XY turned that around real fast and has been doing amazingly well since it started. People can whine and harp on the anime not going the way they want until they grow old and gray if they want, but regardless of whatever part of the franchise you love more, do keep one thing in mind The only reason Pokemon went on past the 1st and 2nd Gens and continues to this day was because of it's immense popularity it garnered overseas which did in fact initially start from the anime and then spread into the games. Whether the case was such for you or not, there is no denying that the majority of the fanbase got into the games because they saw the show first. They sure didn't learn "all 150(1) Pokemon" from looking at a completed Pokedex in the game first. They probably listened to the PokeRap.

Ingrateful hypocrites, the lots of the Pokemon fanbase. So damn irritating. Goddamn.

You're the only person who I've ever heard say that. After having read Adventures, imma have to wholeheartedly disagree.
That's nice~ <3

After having read it myself, I came to the conclusion that I previously stated and plan to stick by it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Is that a sign that i should check my Conversions box?
Dear exaggeratedhonesty,

You have received a like at Smash World Forums for posting stuff (1 like, 21 days). If you have six or more likes, you will feel awesome at Smash World Forums until some of your emotions expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of user likes, please review the Global Rules.

If you have a question about this like, just be glad I misclicked. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, you're here forever.

All the best,

the Smash World Forums user

Did I do it right?

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Alright, I kinda need people to fill out this super smash bros for Wii U survey.

I think 7(?) people here already did the survey but I need enough to make a few graphs.

1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? ( 3DS / Wii U )
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? ( YES / NO )

1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? _____
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? _____
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? _____
  4. How Many Online Wins? ____
  5. What is your KO Total? _____
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? _______________

1. What is your win rate? _____
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? _____

1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? (Wii U Because i'm sane... ish)
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? (HYES)

1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? (too lazy to check)
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? (^)
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? (^)
  4. How Many Online Wins? (^)
  5. What is your KO Total? (^)
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? (^)

1. What is your win rate? (^)
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? (^)

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Not so much the fact of it being recent, but if it being the same damn discussion every time.

First someone whines about the anime, then someone ****rides Adventures, then someone else ****rides the games, then everyone else brings up whatever other different parts of the franchise there are to make it seems like they all do things better than the anime when they all do the exact same stuff they whine that the anime does, and in some cases, do it worse! "But it's not the anime, so it's cool and totally okay!" Yeah, no. **** you. They're all equally guilty of doing strange things and the games are nowhere near being masterpieces in the first place. And no, the male protagonists from the games wouldn't be automatically better than Ash. They either have no personality in their games due to being self-insert avatars or they'd have...hardly any character anyone once written into the show like the two times it's happened so far with Ethan (I'm not calling him Gold) and Red. Even in Adventures, Red was honestly the only decent protagonist and he was still just your typical cap wearing shonen protag in some game based series, but that kinda comes with the territory.

The entirety of Pokemon has always been incredibly dumb, not just the anime. Now the anime was easily at the height of it's stupidity during Unova...Good god, what even happened there? But XY turned that around real fast and has been doing amazingly well since it started. People can whine and harp on the anime not going the way they want until they grow old and gray if they want, but regardless of whatever part of the franchise you love more, do keep one thing in mind The only reason Pokemon went on past the 1st and 2nd Gens and continues to this day was because of it's immense popularity it garnered overseas which did in fact initially start from the anime and then spread into the games. Whether the case was such for you or not, there is no denying that the majority of the fanbase got into the games because they saw the show first. They sure didn't learn "all 150(1) Pokemon" from looking at a completed Pokedex in the game first. They probably listened to the PokeRap.

Ingrateful hypocrites, the lots of the Pokemon fanbase. So damn irritating. Goddamn.

That's nice~ <3

After having read it myself, I came to the conclusion that I previously stated and plan to stick by it.
MMKay.
Also, just because something is popular, doesn't make it good.
Even if a majority of people go into Pokemon because of the anime, you've gotta look at the reason people stayed.
Keep in mind, I'm not bashing the anime, I like the anime. It's just that I don't get where you're coming from.
And about Adventures, what's wrong with Blue, Green, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Dia, Platina, and Pearl? They were all pretty good protagonists.
How about we change the subject?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
  1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? (Wii U Because i'm sane... ish)
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? (HYES)
  1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? (too lazy to check)
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? (^)
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? (^)
  4. How Many Online Wins? (^)
  5. What is your KO Total? (^)
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? (^)

1. What is your win rate? (^)
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? (^)
thank you for being so helpful.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
MMKay.
Also, just because something is popular, doesn't make it good.
Even if a majority of people go into Pokemon because of the anime, you've gotta look at the reason people stayed.
Keep in mind, I'm not bashing the anime, I like the anime. It's just that I don't get where you're coming from.
And about Adventures, what's wrong with Blue, Green, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Dia, Platina, and Pearl? They were all pretty good protagonists.
How about we change the subject?
Good idea.

How bout dat Guardians of the Galaxy TV show?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Dear exaggeratedhonesty,

You have received a like at Smash World Forums for posting stuff (1 like, 21 days). If you have six or more likes, you will feel awesome at Smash World Forums until some of your emotions expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of user likes, please review the Global Rules.

If you have a question about this like, just be glad I misclicked. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, you're here forever.

All the best,

the Smash World Forums user

Did I do it right?
Is that bad that I'm laughing so much now? :lol:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion

First someone whines about the anime, then someone ****rides Adventures, then someone else ****rides the games, then everyone else brings up whatever other different parts of the franchise there are to make it seems like they all do things better than the anime when they all do the exact same stuff they whine that the anime does, and in some cases, do it worse! "But it's not the anime, so it's cool and totally okay!" Yeah, no. **** you. They're all equally guilty of doing strange things and the games are nowhere near being masterpieces in the first place. And no, the male protagonists from the games wouldn't be automatically better than Ash. They either have no personality in their games due to being self-insert avatars or they'd have...hardly any character anyone once written into the show like the two times it's happened so far with Ethan (I'm not calling him Gold) and Red. Even in Adventures, Red was honestly the only decent protagonist and he was still just your typical cap wearing shonen protag in some game based series, but that kinda comes with the territory.

That's nice~ <3

Uncanny link 7.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It feels weird that after more than 15 years of finding countless Zubat in caves finally a Shiny one appeared...

Anyway, here's a dumb but important question for me: Does Soft Resetting can harm your game/savefile?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
It feels weird that after more than 15 years of finding countless Zubat in caves finally a Shiny one appeared...

Anyway, here's a dumb but important question for me: Does Soft Resetting can harm your game/savefile?
No, at least to my knowledge. You should be perfectly fine. I've gotten a few shinies myself via soft-resetting.

D

Deleted member

1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? ( Wii U )
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? ( NO )

1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? 96:31
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? 1753
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? 1502
  4. How Many Online Wins? 1002
  5. What is your KO Total? 3590
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? Falco

1. What is your win rate? 69.84%
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? 451
[/quote]

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

A lot of people say no but I still wouldnt risk soft resetting while its saving even if it is called "soft" reset.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You know, this isn't half bad of a reaction. We need more open minded individuals like you and not these crazy SWJ that cry "Sexist"at every character that is "sexualized" or "stereotypically weak". Hell, Princess Peach covers traits of the latter, but that doesn't stop her from being a fan favorite in the Mario fanbase by females. If every female character were like Chell or any Resident Evil protagonist, then it would be rather boring and not as diverse IMO. Diversity is important when it comes to a character's design and what qualities do they have to separate themselves from other existing characters in gaming. You see many diverse designs for many male characters just like you would for female characters, which is something these feminist don't realize.

There are women of various body types types with different personalities through history like powerful royalty (Peach), skilled coordinators (Navi), creature hunting soldiers (Claire Redfield), tactical seductresses (Morrigan), jokesters (Kazooie), lovable sidekicks (Ellie), friendly people (Lana), generals/commanders (Selvaria Bles), love struck allys (Amy Rose), badass heroines (Samus Aran), and serious antagonists (Myrrah). So if these SJW's literally flip out over any woman that is needed top be rescued or scandalous without looking at the other good qualities of that character, they just really need to realize that they are still diverse and not meant to be considered something that makes them feel bad. Look at the character in my avatar (NiGHTS) and notice how he has feminine and masculine qualities in his design. That's because he is genderless and I guarantee you that he'll be bashed for not being female if he were to be made at this time. But NiGHTS's lack of a gender is actually important in his games since he can dualize (fuse) with any child regardless of their biological sex and have them control his body for purifying their dream worlds.

The fact of the matter is, that the gaming community won't improve that much as long as these feminists that may or may not have even touched a video game themselves exists. They just need to open their eyes and realize that there are certain women out there that would still enjoy the game for what it is or feel that there are likable traits to that character regardless of "muh fanservice".
WAT

Jk, I see where you're coming from. On one hand I'd like to say ignore the extremists... but sometimes you have to call people out. Explain to them when their thinking is inconsistent, there's double standards taking place, if they're being hypocrites, etc. Research has shown that if you do just that and make people aware of what they're doing wrong, there's a chance they may change their mindset.

There's a lot of female characters who may look sexy (or even sexualized to a certain extent), but they have strong personalities, like Bayo for example. The only problem that I have comes down to eyecandy. I'm not saying it's a bad things because it could gain profit for a company (like DLC outfits or whatever), but sometimes you could really tell that a game's made for the straight, male gamer. I'm going on a little tangent, but some games like those lack diversity for the female cast (especially compared to the male), but again, why cater to a minority when you could make a bigger profit catering to the majority groups? Do you think the gaming community will improve if companies try to cater to minority groups as well?

Anyway, I like diversity, and I want the video gaming community to evolve/improve. So I can agree. You really have to take time with a character if you want to label the creators as "sexist" for creating her. Well, I like analyzing things, but I also like to find out "why" things are made like that. Y'know, find the reasons and rationale. But I don't mind talking about things like that, but what does SWJ mean? I'm so clueless. Embarrass

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
According to Serebii:
Last week, in Japan
3DS: 145,420
Wii U: 24,469
Vita: 22,355