• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think a 2D Beat-Them-Up would fit Waluigi in some way. Think about it : Waluigi hates Luigi. Luigi main games were only 3D Puzzle/Chasing ghosts. Waluigi could do the opposite : beat up people in 2D.
For a story, I think we could stay with a rivalry between him and Luigi. For example, Waluigi saw on the news that a Princess has been kidnapped by a vilain. That Princess is Daisy of course. They then announce that Luigi is going to save her. At this moment, Waluigi knows what to do : saving her before Luigi for stealing his fame and his girl. It's cruel for the poor Luigi, but that's kinda the meaning of the name of Waluigi literally.

A Paper Wario could be nice, I like the idea.
Waluigi VS The World?
I'd buy it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Flat Zone 1 confirmed (see top right).
Hoping for non-Brawl Melee stages officially begins... NOW!!!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

So this is what the Co-op Event Match screen looks like.
(I can tell because of the Little Mac + WFT "Burpee Sesh" Event over to the left [the one with Doc Louis])
But is this all of it or are there still some secret routes to take?
Who knows~

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
How did Project M get leaked, and how do we know the characters are officially from Project M?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Did you all hear that BigRedButton is already falling apart due to Sonic Boom?

Link (it's going through heavy-traffic atm, if it's down, give it a minute)
Looks like someone
Pushed their buttons.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Congratulations Sega, you've f*cked up an other project with a company in it.
I feel bad now to have made fun of this game. The credits are literally a memorial of every person who stick with the project. That's just sad, really sad.

D

Deleted member

They probably left because.. they were displeased on how the game turned out to be? I wonder what's going on Sanzaru Games, though. They developed Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Game & Watch doesn't get a new stage, but gets his two stages from past Smash Bros. games... That is interesting, indeed! And of course, the possibility for past stages that weren't in Brawl. Though Kongo Jungle 64 already opened that door a bit, this reveal kicks the door open.

I wonder what will be the My Music listing for both stages...

I mean, Flat Zone 2 in Brawl and 3DS had Flat Zone 1's theme. Brawl also assigned a remix of Chill from Dr. Mario to it. Said remix I assume to be back (though not necessarily on Flat Zone 2) since there's a new Ver. 2 of the theme on 75 m.

Perhaps, they made some arrangements of G&W Gallery songs for the stages? That would be pretty sweet if it happened.

Two Game & Watch stages and two G&W songs so far... It really makes me wonder about the music for them.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

I've found the CD-I version of a Waluigi game : "The Room of Waluigi".

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing the quality of Boom, a large amount of Big Red Button staff voluntarily stepping down isn't all that surprising.

Did Red Button worked on anything else prior to Boom?

@ Substitution Substitution On my Miiverse post, while I agree with everything that you said (I love Smash 3DS to death and don't believe it's a "waste"), I was actually referring to the newest demo of Project M released yesterday (something I'm really not allowed to talk about on Miiverse).

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Sometimes I love the random button. Currently doing a random FFA and it's Jigglypuff vs. Pit vs. Palutena vs. Dark Pit. :awesome:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Did Red Button worked on anything else prior to Boom?
This is their first title under the name Big Red Button, but the company is filled with veteran game designers, but notably people who have previously worked on Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter.

It's surprising because they've moved from some of the best 3D platformers to one of the worst in a blink of an eyes.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, Sonic Boom reminds me a lot of another game: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Think about it.
A rather neat idea (taking Sony franchises and having them duke it out) that would give a new different take on an existing franchise (or in this case, franchises) and would be made by an up and coming development team with it all looking and sounds promising, but not without its criticism.

...Then come down the line and the game gets mixed reviews. The execution is poor at best, quite a few elements were broken, and patches (while they helped) couldn't fix the damage, and then Sony stops it altogether. And down the line we realize that there was issues in development (such as why they made some decisions but didn't do others).

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Is this considered as...reproduction ?

D

Deleted member

Is this considered as...reproduction ?
It's almost mesmerizing how Tails just...disappears.

And in case this hasn't been talked about yet, apparently Luma can no longer attack while Rosalina is being grabbed in the Wii U version, and presumably version 1.0.4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Yes, this is BRB's first game. Yes, it's a bad game. Now it's falling appart for some reason I don't know.
Sonic Boom 3DS is as bad as the Wii U Sonic Boom. They tried to make the game good, but maybe they were in a deadline to release it alongside the TV show.
PSASBR is meh. I think Sony said the game was a copy of Smash.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I now know the reason for the death of Big Red Button and Sonic at the same time :

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom