• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just got the Wedding Veil. Now I just have three headgears left. Cow Skull Hat, Mario's Cap, and Mii Force Helmet. Still bitter about losing the first two to Master Core...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've never heard much about that game after it's initial announcement. I didn't even know it came out this year. But it does look to be pretty great.
I've been playing the series since the first game came out (though I haven't played it in over a year, ever since my PS3 died, so I've been waiting for this one since before it was announced), I thought that LBP2 was mind blowing when compared to the first game, but they actually managed to make this one even more mind blowing. There's sixteen layers, so many new tools, you can even create your own powerups using anything, that can do anything. There's things that I could make with this game that I had to go out of my way to make overly complicated devices and use glitches to accomplish in the previous game.

I like LBP, but it's nowhere near as important to me as Smash is.
You can make 3D platformers now? Sounds great. I don't have the patience to make things in it but I do love seeing what eveyone else has crafted. Some real creativity and talent out there.
I've always been the creative type, and LBP scratched an itch like nothing else has ever been able to. It's not really comparable to Smash, since they're completely different types of games. I love Smash, but LBP for me is more of a creative outlet.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just got the Wedding Veil. Now I just have three headgears left. Cow Skull Hat, Mario's Cap, and Mii Force Helmet. Still bitter about losing the first two to Master Core...
Wedding... Veil? ... :idea:

I WANT :4robinf: AND :4lucina: IN A BRIDAL GOWN! NOW! ... Maybe :4marth: too. :p

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about: in Fire Emblem: Awakening, there were two class DLCs: Dread Fighter for males and Bride for females.

It'd be glorious!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems like that Shadow of the Eternals game is still being made. Kind of crazy. Especially since one of the people involved was accused of some real dirt. And that they had a failed Kickstarter if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Soul.

Lol. Maybe when I get every custom move I can do online matches. Of course, I'll have to do every custom character.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm at 328 moves so I'm not too far away from getting all custom moves. I do know that they are getting harder and harder to find though and it is very annoying.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
imo just keep playing smash run til you unlock them all for who you are playing as, heck I unlocked them all for characters I didn't even touch to try unlocking it for them lol.

Soul.

Are PotDs worth seeing anymore. Eh.
imo just keep playing smash run til you unlock them all for who you are playing as, heck I unlocked them all for characters I didn't even touch to try unlocking it for them lol.
Lol that's what I do. I keep playing Smash Run until I get the custom moves.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I know the talk is pretty Smash focused ATM. But I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience in how to personally comfort friends going through depression.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know the talk is pretty Smash focused ATM. But I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience in how to personally comfort friends going through depression.
If it's clinical depression the best thing would be for him/her to go to a doctor and get a prescription for it.

Otherwise, I don't know how to really help you out without knowing what they are depressed over as there are different ways to comfort somebody based on what they are depressed over.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm playing shantae GBC at the moment

It's harder than the new games

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If it's clinical depression the best thing would be for him/her to go to a doctor and get a prescription for it.

Otherwise, I don't know how to really help you out without knowing what they are depressed over as there are different ways to comfort somebody based on what they are depressed over.
So you're saying that if you know the root of their depressive feelings, you can talk about their issues? I'd figure you'd need to listen to what they say and try to get them feeling better about the current situation.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So you're saying that if you know the root of their depressive feelings, you can talk about their issues? I'd figure you'd need to listen to what they say and try to get them feeling better about the current situation.
Tell them "It could be worse"

It always works

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It makes things easier. Knowing what they are depressed about means you can comfort them in a more specific way. As for the last sentence, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at since that pretty much ties into what I'm saying. Of course you need to listen to what they are depressed about so that you can comfort them better with more specificity.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It makes things easier. Knowing what they are depressed about means you can comfort them in a more specific way. As for the last sentence, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at since that pretty much ties into what I'm saying. Of course you need to listen to what they are depressed about so that you can comfort them better with more specificity.
Yeah, that has worked for this person before. Though it feels more effective with empathy than sympathy, the latter of which I'm more apt to. I tend to nurture instead of get to the point.

Tell them "It could be worse"

It always works
That seems dismissive and callous. Just pointing out that there may be a brighter side to their situation won't outweigh the misery they are feeling.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It depends on the person and why they are depressed. For some people, it's better to just listen to whatever they have to say. For others, maybe medication. Maybe some people actually want advice. My mom got over her clinical depression after my brother got a dog. The dog helped a lot, so now the dog gets spoiled and doesn't know how to listen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, that has worked for this person before. Though it feels more effective with empathy than sympathy, the latter of which I'm more apt to. I tend to nurture instead of get to the point.

That seems dismissive and callous. Just pointing out that there may be a brighter side to their situation won't outweigh the misery they are feeling.
I was joking it never works

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It depends on the person and why they are depressed. For some people, it's better to just listen to whatever they have to say. For others, maybe medication. Maybe some people actually want advice. My mom got over her clinical depression after my brother got a dog. The dog helped a lot, so now the dog gets spoiled and doesn't know how to listen.
This thread turned into a therapy session? I'm not surprised... Oh how desensitized I've become.

Anyway, for depression and pretty much any mental and emotional issues, I think it's up to the person, but if it's serious (suicide, self-harm, etc.), then people need to intervene immediately. Funny, I was just re-watching Michael J. Fox's scene in Scrubs.

Everyone one has burdens, but everyone has to learn to own up to them. Someone depressed shouldn't try to do everything themselves and they shouldn't be dependent on others to help them. It's a 50/50 thing. You shouldn't take on their problems and try to fix them; they shouldn't try to fix them by themselves. Both of you need to work it out.

Me, I'm pretty much burnt out everyday. I don't know why and it doesn't help that I feel like a nervous wreck everyday for no logical reason. I can't figure it out and I don't know why I'm like this. All I know is that I am like this. It's annoying especially during presentations where I don't want to interrupt or during exams. So, what? Anxiety? Neurobiological disconnect? Body responds constantly in a "fight or flight" mode while my consciousness is wondering what the hell is going on. Almost a constant vigilance or paranoia. Add depression; zero motivation, emptiness, and sluggishness.

I keep people at arm's length now. I can't/won't let myself fall in love. I freak out at the notion of presentations and speeches even though before this happened, I could wing a presentation and not give a damn. I don't laugh or rather, I just ignore everything because I'm freaking out. I can't keep eye contact. I prefer to be invisible. I hate crowds. I feel a need to have escape routes; I don't like tight spaces.

There are days I just want to scream. There are days I want to punch a wall until my fists bleed and I break the wall. There are days I want to run. Where? I don't know. I just want to get away from everything.

But, it like what J.D. said: "Still it's not that daunting if you look around and see what others have to deal with." There are guys out there with burned bodies, without arms and/or legs, are blind, have PSTD, suffer from schizophrenia, are dyslexic, are allergic, have addictions, are terminally ill, have cancer, are going through remission, aren't allowed to express themselves, live under dictatorships, lost many loved ones, killed someone by accident, have anterograde amnesia, are ostracized because of their faith, orientation, race, nationality, and some, well, they never even got a chance to live.

Everyone has their own burdens, and I'm not going to be one to dump them on someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom