• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

The next generation console and handheld ideas sound great. Easier porting, same architecture and operating system, but it's a bit too early to think about that.

Custom moveset progress: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario2::4gaw::4link::4tlink::4ganondorf::4samus::4zss::4marth::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4falco::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon::4olimar::4drmario::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
I don't know if it is really early. The 3DS is getting old and so is the Wii U, even though the latter is now doing well in sales with 7.20 million units. Smash is just going to increase the units. As far as the 3DS goes, OR/AS are there to help it.
Aren't both future consoles getting the Wii U architecture? Because if they are...
Oh my god. The next console Smash could be easily ported to the future handheld with no problems. Hype.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't know if it is really early. The 3DS is getting old and so is the Wii U, even though the latter is now doing well in sales with 7.20 million units. Smash is just going to increase the units. As far as the 3DS goes, OR/AS are there to help it.
Aren't both future consoles getting the Wii U architecture? Because if they are...
Oh my god. The next console Smash could be easily ported to the future handheld with no problems. Hype.
The hipster effect ladies and gentlemen. :troll:
Seriously though, it's dumb to say a console is "old" when it's really not. It's just in it's time. At least the 3Ds is better than the PSVita in terms of sales and games. So it's not old yet.

Soul.

Seriously though, it's dumb to say a console is "old" when it's really not. It's just in it's time. At least the 3Ds is better than the PSVita in terms of sales and games. So it's not old yet.
Lol it's obvious that the 3DS is better than the Vita. It's just that the 3DS will have 4 years by the time it's 2015. Maybe if they release the next handheld, the 3DS will coexist for a while.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Lol it's obvious that the 3DS is better than the Vita. It's just that the 3DS will have 4 years by the time it's 2015. Maybe if they release the next handheld, the 3DS will coexist for a while.
It's simple : a console is old when the creator stops publishing games on it, and then says officially that the production of the console is stopped.

As far as I know, the 3DS and Wii U aren't old if you follow my thoughts. But that's just what I think, I'm maybe wrong or something.

R0Y

Smash Master
...Hipster effect is calling old games "retro" or "vintage" and pretending new, popular games all suck.

SMASH 4 SUCKS LOL I ONLY PLAY MELEE

Soul.

It's simple : a console is old when the creator stops publishing games on it, and then says officially that the production of the console is stopped.

As far as I know, the 3DS and Wii U aren't old if you follow my thoughts. But that's just what I think, I'm maybe wrong or something.
You're not wrong. That's true. I'm talking about them in terms of years though. They are getting games, but like the DS and Wii they got old.

R0Y

Smash Master
The reason we haven't gotten any accurate Wii U-specific leaks (stages, Ridley stage boss, etc.)

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I'm actually wanting to upgrade my OG 3DS back from 2011 to a New 3DS.

Reasons:
- My Circle Pad is broken. (I think, or at least hope, the more recent 3DS's have Circle Pads made of sturdier stuff...)
- Better specs should make loading times faster. Not a bad thing at all.
- Second stick will be very handy in Smash.
- Xenoblade Chronicles being released as an exclusive.
I'm wanting to upgrade my original launch 3DS too and here's why- Xenoblade Chronicles. Is there a need for any other reason?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You're not wrong. That's true. I'm talking about them in terms of years though. They are getting games, but like the DS and Wii they got old.
Yeah, the DS and the Wii are old anyway.
In terms of years, of course they are old if you compare them to PS4/XBOX One.

...Hipster effect is calling old games "retro" or "vintage" and pretending new, popular games all suck.

SMASH 4 SUCKS LOL I ONLY PLAY MELEE
That's what some people outside of Smash thinks about this community. They are pretty dumb.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly they still have a few more years left in them. Especially with the Wii U finally gaining some momentum (and the New 3DS being a thing).

D

Deleted member

Honestly they still have a few more years left in them. Especially with the Wii U finally gaining some momentum (and the New 3DS being a thing).
And with Smash, sales will obviously go sky rocket. I don't know when it'll beat PS4 in terms of sales, though.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Here's something I posted elsewhere not long after the New 3DS was announced. It's a bit lengthy but anyone else agree?

New console reveals are usually held at E3, the biggest and best stage, and with this year's already gone, the only possibility of a new gen handheld being announced is at next year's E3, 2015. As usually happens with Nintendo, there is at least a year delay between the console's announcement and release (3DS announced E3 2010 released 2011 Wii U 2011 and released 2012) so IF the next gen is announced at E3 2015 that would mean a 2016 release date, fitting right into the uninformed argument. But that is completely illogical as that would mean that the next gen handheld was announced less than a year after the "New 3DS announcement" and at best LESS THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER its expected release in the rest of the world. So at best my informed opinion is that the next gen MIGHT get announced @ E3 2016 with a late 2017 release date, but the way I see it is is FAR more likely for it to be announced in 2017 with a 2018 release date giving the 3DS a MASSIVE 7 year lifespan! For a HANDHELD!

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
Hey guys, I'm back for more move swaps! Look:

I call this creature Wolshi.

Only Sonic wanted freedom, but it never came true since Sonic 06 happened.

PINGAS!

AL makes a odd appearance!
Guess what:

Goku confirmed. :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Here's something I posted elsewhere not long after the New 3DS was announced. It's a bit lengthy but anyone else agree?

New console reveals are usually held at E3, the biggest and best stage, and with this year's already gone, the only possibility of a new gen handheld being announced is at next year's E3, 2015. As usually happens with Nintendo, there is at least a year delay between the console's announcement and release (3DS announced E3 2010 released 2011 Wii U 2011 and released 2012) so IF the next gen is announced at E3 2015 that would mean a 2016 release date, fitting right into the uninformed argument. But that is completely illogical as that would mean that the next gen handheld was announced less than a year after the "New 3DS announcement" and at best LESS THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER its expected release in the rest of the world. So at best my informed opinion is that the next gen MIGHT get announced @ E3 2016 with a late 2017 release date, but the way I see it is is FAR more likely for it to be announced in 2017 with a 2018 release date giving the 3DS a MASSIVE 7 year lifespan! For a HANDHELD!
Well, the DS had a lifespan of 8 years. In Japan and NA at least. Europe master race only had 7.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
The best Vita game is called Virtue's Last Reward. It also was released on the 3DS. 3DS has Smash, two main Pokemon games, LoZALBW, 3D Land, 2 professor Laytons, One Ace Attorney and a crossover of those two series. I think there is no competition really, don't even get me started on OOT3D, New Leaf, KI Uprising, Mario Kart 7 or Bravely Default. God I could go on and on so many good games :)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Would someone please tell the smashboards to stop drinking while driving? The crashing is really getting out of hand.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I've just made my pm box flooded of all those invite I've sent to the new Paper Mario group I've made (and tomorrow is going to be tedious to manage all these incoming alerts :) ).

Like, I hope I didn't crashed the server earlier :lol:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No.

The 3DS has sold more and makes more $$$ than Sony will ever see with Vita.

:4robinm: "Checkmate"
Well, outside of Japan, anyway.

Japan actually prefers the Vita, but that's probably due to the fact that it has a buttload of games over there that just don't make it over here.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
does someone herehave a way to contact @Sapphire Dragon ? iI need to ask him a very important question Which i must know before tomorrow
First, Sapphy is a girl.

Second, you could just PM her yourself. You sound kinda creepy asking out in the open like that.

Third, your grammar sucks. 1/10 Would not read again. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom