• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Nah, Viridis is Latin for green. And Viridian itself is a blue-green pigment:
Or is this a joke-head situation?
Oh well. I guess I should have remembered that the towns are named after colors. (The kind that has weird names)
But nature's pretty green, and viridi is the goddess of nature, so it must be it. Trust me, it is a conspiracy.
Did you then figure some joke out? Please do tell.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There was also a death involving a Super Mario Wiki staff member last month, but the cause of death was due to a traffic incident.
Especially last year... Iwata...

Kind of curious who is it...
Happy Earth Day, everyone.

:231:
Good riddance human scum, the world is better off without you!
- Viridi

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The infinite hiatus ceases at last!! :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

(I don't actually know if any of you watch, but I got so hyped I needed to share)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't even care for the rubbish that the CN has been known for now. Pokemon is pretty much the only real program that I watch on that station.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't even care for the rubbish that the CN has been known for now. Pokemon is pretty much the only real program that I watch on that station.
Really though, PPG seems like just one bad apple among good ones - We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Gumball, etc.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm not really sure what you're talking about- Besides Teen Titans Go!, the new PPG, and arguably Uncle Grandpa, most would agree that CN is undergoing a Renaissance of sorts with their newest shows.

Like Fal said, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time... They have a hell of a lot of good shows, for kids and adults. They're doing a lot better than they have been for most of the last decade, imo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The user went by the name of Walkazo, and "she" was a Super Mario Wiki Bureaucrat before that unfortunate traffic incident occurred.
I see...
Well, hope she be in a better place. And it's not always for everyone to get noticed that he or she pass away on the Internet, you have to be notable to some extent.
Also this accident that happened reminds me of the road in front of my dormitory, it's a wide road which often has car and scooter accidents occur, professor in my university always said there will be at least one or two students die each year due to that wide and dangerous road, it's straight and cars drive fast.
At least CN in my country have animes sometime.
But most kids nowadays in my country watches Yokai Watch.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I don't watch CN anymore. I used to watch Gumball and Adventure Time and many others in 2012 when i did though. I don't have any interest for it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have recently upgrade my Windows 8.1 to 10. Some stuff changed of course. Not there are things that are so bad that I want go back, at least for now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not really sure what you're talking about- Besides Teen Titans Go!, the new PPG, and arguably Uncle Grandpa, most would agree that CN is undergoing a Renaissance of sorts with their newest shows.

Like Fal said, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time... They have a hell of a lot of good shows, for kids and adults. They're doing a lot better than they have been for most of the last decade, imo.
I wouldn't really know, since whenever I see the commercials for those programs, they just don't look very appealing to me at all. Things sure have changed since the 1990's and 2000's, because those eras felt like Cartoon Network's better days for me.

At least CN in my country have animes sometime.
But most kids nowadays in my country watches Yokai Watch.
Yo-Kai Watch is a Disney XD program though.

I have recently upgrade my Windows 8.1 to 10. Some stuff changed of course. Not there are things that are so bad that I want go back, at least for now.
My own computer continues to tell me to get Windows 10. But because I've had my computer for a good number of years, and I actually had to reset it back to factory status at one point, I'm not too comfy about upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Teen Titans Go isn't that<bad -shrugs-
I really was expecting better of the PPG reboot, what irks me the most is that the character designs don't seem to match the style, the girls look out of place in their own show

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll never understand how Teen Titans Go! managed to survive longer than Teen Titans. The latter show was actually worth watching over the trash that Teen Titans Go! tends to offer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I liked Teen Titans Go, really.

I thought the mindless humour was the point of the show, tbh.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148

That is the point of the show, one of the few products in which DC has done good pointless humor, I can't imagine how much they'll ruin Suicide Squad with their retcon, oh boy.

I'll never understand how Teen Titans Go! managed to survive longer than Teen Titans. The latter show was actually worth watching over the trash that Teen Titans Go! tends to offer.
First TT were great, but just because it's not the same it doesn't mean it's trash -shrug-

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

It will be actually funny if this was clever and not insulting to old fan.
Both point that TTG fail alot. (Heck, they have 2 episode that are answer about the critic they get. One is about how the show is critized for not being serious enough like the old one (Let's Get Serious) and the others is about the people that critized the show for being, well, not funny. And noth of those episode are bad and stupid in their own way. We are not asking about something serious or like the old show. WE WANT A SHOW THAT IS GOOD. Oh and also, they said they want to be "original", despise that they used a old show that everyone loved before and made just whatever stupid idea- Because they cleary said in a interview, with their own word, that this show was stupid. Not random or comic, but the word "stupid"- come in their mind.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
First TT were great, but just because it's not the same it doesn't mean it's trash -shrug-
I guess it all depends on the viewer who is watching the program. I still watch Pokemon, but there are those who do not like how the TV series has changed throughout the years.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Man, the new Powerpuff Girls is such a shame. So bad. The original is still a classic, and its not like it ended prematurely, you have more than enough of it as it is. This is why when anyone announces a reboot or a revival of any classic property instead of being happy Im scared, because THIS can happen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It will be actually funny if this was clever and not insulting to old fan.
Both point that TTG fail alot. (Heck, they have 2 episode that are answer about the critic they get. One is about how the show is critized for not being serious enough like the old one (Let's Get Serious) and the others is about the people that critized the show for being, well, not funny. And noth of those episode are bad and stupid in their own way. We are not asking about something serious or like the old show. WE WANT A SHOW THAT IS GOOD. Oh and also, they said they want to be "original", despise that they used a old show that everyone loved before and made just whatever stupid idea- Because they cleary said in a interview, with their own word, that this show was stupid. Not random or comic, but the word "stupid"- come in their mind.)
To each their own, I guess.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, the new Powerpuff Girls is such a shame. So bad. The original is still a classic, and its not like it ended prematurely, you have more than enough of it as it is. This is why when anyone announces a reboot or a revival of any classic property instead of being happy Im scared, because THIS can happen.
*cough**cough*

Reboot today = stupid joke and **** character developpement.
Kids today don't want good show, THEY WANT MAYMAYS!!/s

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
*cough**cough*

Reboot today = stupid joke and **** character developpement.
To be fair, the two scenes are taken out of context. Ms. Bellum was kidnapped in the former scene which took a toll on the Mayor since he values Ms. Bellum's presence in his life. The new series has her take a vacation away from Townsville which gives the Mayor time to adjust to a new assistant. The placement of both scenes next to each other like this is very flawed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Scooby-Doo! is definitely a victim of this dilemma with "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!", and its art style being similar to that of "Family Guy". The "Family Guy" art style just does not work for Scooby-Doo!, because it makes the characters look ugly; just look at Daphne.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be fair, the two scenes are taken out of context. Ms. Bellum was kidnapped in the former scene which took a toll on the Mayor since he values Ms. Bellum's presence in his life. The new series has her take a vacation away from Townsville which gives the Mayor time to adjust to a new assistant. The placement of both scenes next to each other like this is very flawed.
But it still show that there is no really character developpement. The old show was great because it was little girl fighting vilain that looked really serious. (We gotted a episode where it was basically the end of the world.) All i hear about the reboot are just bad decision or poor execution on idea that could be actually good. Which make me really not optismic about it.

The thing is that i can't have a honest opinion of this show because of too many thing in count.
It is trying to be his own thing?
It is trying to be like the original series?
It is trying to be both?
Everything about this show seem a mess to have a real opinion on it.
I have seriously need to see the episode by myself. I can't go talk about this show any further without having my own idea on it. (Because PPG is still isn't on Swiss CN. So contrary to TTG, i have only see critic and video about it.)

I really want to like this show in some way, i haven't have any opinion when it was annouced. And when it was release, i tried to not let critic and nostalgia change my opinion on it until i watched atleast one episode. But now, i still haven't see one and i really don't know anymore if i want to see one.

Do you have watched the reboot? If yes, can you tell the positif point in it? I really want to see someone saying one good thing about it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Scooby-Doo! is definitely a victim of this dilemma with "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!", and its art style being similar to that of "Family Guy". The "Family Guy" art style just does not work for Scooby-Doo!, because it makes the characters look ugly; just look at Daphne.
I couldn't take it seriously because when I burst out laughing when I saw the Family Guy artstyle for the first time. :laugh:

I think that one has ended though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yo-Kai Watch is a Disney XD program though.
Here it's 東森幼幼台 (EBC YoYo)

My own computer continues to tell me to get Windows 10. But because I've had my computer for a good number of years, and I actually had to reset it back to factory status at one point, I'm not too comfy about upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10.
So was I, but I eventually upgrade my Windows 8.1 because I was a bit bored with it. And the Wins 10 notification was also one of the reason why I upgrade my Windows.
Anyhow, I'm fine with Windows 10 for now.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
But it still show that there is no really character developpement. The old show was great because it was little girl fighting vilain that looked really serious. (We gotted a episode where it was basically the end of the world.) All i hear about the reboot are just bad decision or poor execution on idea that could be actually good. Which make me really not optismic about it.

The thing is that i can't have a honest opinion of this show because of too many thing in count.
It is trying to be his own thing?
It is trying to be like the original series?
It is trying to be both?
Everything about this show seem a mess to have a real opinion on it.
I have seriously need to see the episode by myself. I can't go talk about this show any further without having my own idea on it. (Because PPG is still isn't on Swiss CN. So contrary to TTG, i have only see critic and video about it.)

I really want to like this show in some way, i haven't have any opinion when it was annouced. And when it was release, i tried to not let critic and nostalgia change my opinion on it until i watched atleast one episode. But now, i still haven't see one and i really don't know anymore if i want to see one.

Do you have watched the reboot? If yes, can you tell the positif point in it? I really want to see someone saying one good thing about it.
If you are watching the old Powerpuff Girls for significant character development, you aren't watching the write superhero series since the show was primarily a "villain of the week" type show with hilarity thrown into the mix. Sure, there where points where the girls were faced with actual issues but it wasn't the focus. Criticizing the new PPG for that aspect is grasping for straws that don't need to be grabbed in the first place.

I've seen the premier episodes on CN and didn't really enjoy it. The show should have tried to be its own thing rather than trying to mimic the old series. The characters are out of place in their own show and the humor often falls flat. The voice actor for Bubbles doesn't really do the character justice with how she often switches the tone of her voice. It sounds unnatural, in my opinion.

You could already tell that this was a reboot by how it attempts to pick up where the original left off. If it tried to be its own thing, it would have went the Powerpuff Girls Z route and changed the setting, some of the characters, and relationship between the girls to make it seem different (that spinoff also sucked but for different reasons than the ones present with the new PPG).

The one good thing I can give the new PPG credit for is how much it made me appreciate Teen Titans Go for being it's own series by focusing of humor instead of the more mature tone of the original. It immediately knew what it wanted to accomplish and succeeded in that area. How ever you feel about the show's detraction from the original isn't a concern, they aren't the same. The new PPG falls flat in rebooting since it attempts to add new concepts while mimicking the old artstyle which creates awkward shots.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yokai Watch also airs on CN here, well CN's sister channel POGO.

Hindi dubbing of anime has become a big business here, which I appreciate.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Still sitting on 6.0 huh? Im actually kinda surprised.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you are watching the old Powerpuff Girls for significant character development, you aren't watching the write superhero series since the show was primarily a "villain of the week" type show with hilarity thrown into the mix. Sure, there where points where the girls were faced with actual issues but it wasn't the focus. Criticizing the new PPG for that aspect is grasping for straws that don't need to be grabbed in the first place.

I've seen the premier episodes on CN and didn't really enjoy it. The show should have tried to be its own thing rather than trying to mimic the old series. The characters are out of place in their own show and the humor often falls flat. The voice actor for Bubbles doesn't really do the character justice with how she often switches the tone of her voice. It sounds unnatural, in my opinion.

You could already tell that this was a reboot by how it attempts to pick up where the original left off. If it tried to be its own thing, it would have went the Powerpuff Girls Z route and changed the setting, some of the characters, and relationship between the girls to make it seem different (that spinoff also sucked but for different reasons than the ones present with the new PPG).

The one good thing I can give the new PPG credit for is how much it made me appreciate Teen Titans Go for being it's own series by focusing of humor instead of the more mature tone of the original. It immediately knew what it wanted to accomplish and succeeded in that area. How ever you feel about the show's detraction from the original isn't a concern, they aren't the same. The new PPG falls flat in rebooting since it attempts to add new concepts while mimicking the old artstyle which creates awkward shots.
Thank you for saying this. I see better now.
Tough, while i can understand why people don't like PPG Z, i still liked that show for some reason. 'Don't know why, i know there was obvious problem but i still finded some good in it for me.
Also, i'm watching the first episode of the PPG reboot.

While there is some problem. It is....OK overall.
But the English voice are weird to me. Not because they are different, but because i am Swiss. So i watched the original show in French.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Be Cool Scooby Doo sounds more like what the executives said when they put this show on the air than an actual title.

"Please be hip with the kids Scooby we need to milk this property more!"

I used to really like this show when I was a kid. Like really realy. But they changed, rebooted, retooled and re-made it so many times I kinda just stopped caring eventually, so this one kinda flew over me really. Even though it DOES look pretty terrible.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So I ended up returning a Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo I found and purchased out of excitement, and used it to buy Star Fox Zero/Guard.

This game is extremely hard to get used to... I died on Level 2, like, seven times. That said, it's really not as bad as some of the reviews say, just insanely difficult to get used to.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So I ended up returning a Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo I found and purchased out of excitement, and used it to buy Star Fox Zero/Guard.

This game is extremely hard to get used to... I died on Level 2, like, seven times. That said, it's really not as bad as some of the reviews say, just insanely difficult to get used to.
You know, you could've sold it to me :'(

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Relating to smash, if I showed you a clip of wizzrobe's sheik and Cacogen's sheik, or VoiD's sheik, would you guys be able to tell the differences (random question I thought up)?

Relating to cartoons, I think it's easy to see that the quality of cartoons are vastly diminished simply based on the fact that there's little to no replay value or longevity with them. If I had the whole series of Samurai Jack on dvd or on Netflix, there would be no reason for me at all to ever engage on anything TV-related at all ever again. The whole vastness and epic-feel with the show, along with the ridiculous amount of interesting characters, the juxtaposition of the show (old-traditional samurai meets futuristic world), and the demonstration of how traditional disciplines And morals are dependable beyond life times is just too much to not watch. That show is a classic.
Ed Edd'n Eddy is more of a suburban culture type of look and shows the interwebbed relations and interactions with each character and their multiple adventures. The characters become so much more personal than most other shows since it presents itself like a sit-com. Comedy is the show's genre, but unlike TTG or w/e CN is cooking up nowadays, offers enough depth to actually last longer than a few days.
Tom and Jerry doesn't need a lick of an explanation. A series started back in 1940, I would consider tom and Jerry to be like Kanye West in how they both started out with classics, kept making classics for years to come and then started to recently falter.

That's all I got. If anybody can recommend me a quality show, I would be thankful.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Well, now that we are talking about cartoons, I really wish they redid Pokemon. I really enjoyed the show a few years back, but now I kind of realized that it does not give you this "man, I wish it was already the next weekend so I could see what happens" feeling. The episodes are just so apart from each other that one cannot really get interested, and since it does not matter if I don't watch the next episode, I easily miss them all from the same reason.

So I wish Pokemon was redone with more intact storyline that really progresses. Now you really can't tell if they're starting off their journey, or are they in the middle of it or are they ending it. It just start, goes on and then suddenly ends.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, the episodes that don't have any major events aren't necessarily pure filler, since they may contain elements that will be used later on. An example is Ash's Noibat, where in episode 880 (A Relay in the Sky!), it was still trying to learn to fly, and without that episode, we would've been in the dark on how Noibat managed to start flying.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, now that we are talking about cartoons, I really wish they redid Pokemon. I really enjoyed the show a few years back, but now I kind of realized that it does not give you this "man, I wish it was already the next weekend so I could see what happens" feeling. The episodes are just so apart from each other that one cannot really get interested, and since it does not matter if I don't watch the next episode, I easily miss them all from the same reason.

So I wish Pokemon was redone with more intact storyline that really progresses. Now you really can't tell if they're starting off their journey, or are they in the middle of it or are they ending it. It just start, goes on and then suddenly ends.
Well, remember that the target audience is mostly pre-teens, who wouldn't care all that much about continuity.

Anime with a strong episode to episode continuity are marketed to 18 years and above, as they would care about it.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I really did not want to break the silence by pointing out how silent this place is, but I guess I have no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom