• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo sorry to see you go Obo, was nice having you around
----------
I can understand why top players are hesitant to interact or contribute
Because the community as a whole is so cancer
its just not worth interacting with the community on any level

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can someone direct me to the soundtracks for the new DLC stages?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just noticed pirate ship this morning, yay!

Anyway, when I was talking about starting glitch hunting spm, it's because I have a lot to do as i got back to TTYD and learned a lot.

the biggest one is, all the sequnce triggers I documented for TTYD, I probably would have to redo it for spm which is annoying, redious and time consuming (you have to play the entire game and write everytime the sequnce advanced which is like hundreds of triggers). However, as I got with TTYD, it's just really essential. If having stuff like coordinates, angle and speed values allows to chack and modify your phisical position (which just that is very usefull), the sequnce position allows to change your logical position.

If @Red Hunter X is reading this (I tag him because spm) and he's just like :confused: let me explain since I now had the number right in front of me with TTYD to really realise what is a sequnce in the first place.

There's a number in the game that basically defines VERY grossly "where you are in the game" (it's very intuitive because the turth is slightly more complicated). The game needs this number for multiple reasons, but mainly 2: Saving it when you save (which actually means that this number alone stores like the most important piece of info ever ont he savefile) and often checking it for triggers permissions. The former.....well it's quite obvious, if the game didn't had this number after you saved after a boss, the game wouldn't even know you beat that boss, like you could arguably tell it's the most important thing the game would save on your file.

But glitch hunters like me don't really care about this one, we would mostly care about the later. See, why the game won't let you go to ch8 before ending ch7 is because of THAT number, not becuase of the doors unless they are handled separately, but it's ONLY because of that msot of the time.

Becuase what happens if you put a number that is after ch7 is when you would load the maps, the game will check and basically say "you are after ch7 therefore, you should have access to ch8" hence why the door will load. If you aren't there the game would basically say "you are before ending ch7 thefore, you shouldn't have access to ch8" which is why the door will not load. It's not like the game is hard coded to have a flag everytime you put the heart in the pillar, no it's like a chain of events and this is why it's called the sequnce.

The game does that everytime, for just laoding cutscenes to simply allow you to even advance in the game, it's tight in control, so when you play normally, it just goes further and further in the chain, but the reality is it's jsut a number. If you reached a point, it advances, the higher it is, the more permissions to further triggers you should have, but also the most assumed one (because if you try to laod post ch1, you won't get the cutscenes it had before since the game will know you passed that already).

Essentially, if you are gltich hunting, this should be what you would try to break the msot. Having numbers where you shouldn't have them allows to go logically where you shouldn't be and this can have MANY implications.

The 2 things you coudl do to screw the sequnce up is simple: break and revert. Break, you hear it all the time in speedrunning terms because it is the most usefull by far. You basically would skip some numbers to get a higher one right away essentially, it's like you would skip forward, you break it because the game would give you a higher value and sinced you got it, it will perform its check on it. So it would even assume that you are to that point in the game because the number tells it that, but in reality, you would have skipped a lot.

the second I got it by personal experience on TTYD, it's the opposite of breaking. Reverting a sequnce is ......going backwards. You would be like at ch3 and somehow go back to ch2. If it sounds useless, it is......but only alone. the onyl reason you would want to revert is if you could break so far ahead that you miss stuff like items to progress after, a revert would allow to get that and since you already have items you shouldn't be able to have after the revert, it's possible that you could break the sequnce even further than before.

The problem with revert is you need to break it before doing that. Bypassing a trigger is usually the right thing, because you coudl trigger that one manually after and it would revert back to that trigger.

The fun part is a sequnce can get so broken that it's becoming confusing. I often compare these as a time travel, it's like you travel in the time sequnce of the game so going forward, backwards and stuff can get confusing, but fun :)

Actually, I did soem test with spm (I need to do a lot more) and there's one trigger that I found revertible and that's the cat door in ch3, if you could skip opening that door, you coudl be able to go back to that door if you manually trigger it later.

So yeah, that really is the truth of sequnces, it's just a number that controls I woudl say almost everything about the game flow :)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Can someone direct me to the soundtracks for the new DLC stages?
Super Mario Maker's My Music List:

Style Switch: Ground Theme (SMB/SMB3/SMW/NSMBU) - Original
Title (Super Mario Maker) - Sm4sh Remix (Lone new remix in this DLC pack)
Mario Bros. (Mario Bros.) - Brawl Remix
Super Mario Bros. Medley (Super Mario Bros.) - Sm4sh Remix
Ground Theme / Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros) - Brawl Remix
Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros) - Brawl Remix
Princess Peach's Castle (Super Mario Bros) - Melee Remix
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels Medley - Sm4sh Remix
Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley - Smash 4 Remix
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros 3) - Melee Remix
Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros 3) - Brawl Remix
Underground Theme (Super Mario Land) - Brawl Remix
Super Mario World Medley - Sm4sh Remix
Yoshi's Island (Melee) - Melee (duh) Remix
Fortresss Boss (Super Mario World) - Sm4sh Remix
Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB3) - Brawl Remix
Title/Ending (Super Mario World) - Brawl Remix
Main Theme (NSMB) - Brawl Remix
Athletic Theme / Ground Theme (NSMB2) - Sm4sh Remix
Ground Theme (NSMB2) - Original
Ground Theme (NSMBU) - Original
Peach's Castle Stage - Smash 64 Remix
Ground Theme (SMB3) - Original
Ground Theme (SMB2) - Original
Ground Theme (SMB) - Original
Ground Theme (SMBW) - Original

Pirate Ship's My Music List:

Dragon Roost Island (Wind Waker) - Original
The Great Sea / Menu Select (Wind Waker) - Sm4sh Remix
The Legend of Zelda Medley (TLOZ/OoT) - Sm4sh Remix
Dark World /Dark World Dungeon (ALttP) - Sm4sh Remix
Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening) - Brawl Remix
Song of Storms (OoT) - Brawl Remix
Gerudo Valley (OoT) - Original
Gerudo Valley (OoT) - Sm4sh Remix
Ocarina of Time Medley - Brawl Remix
Village of the Blue Maiden (Four Sword Adventures) - Brawl Remix
Termina Field (Majora's Mask) - Original
Ballad of the Goddess (Skyward Sword) - Original

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180324754&postcount=101

No new songs for Pirate Ship.
Super Mario Maker has the original Ground Themes (although the music changes along with the stage too) with Mario Maker Title as alternate on 3DS and Duck Hunt 3DS has the Duck Hunt Medley and Wrecking Crew Retro Medley.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And Hercule stomps in the end. Dirty Dan made a big mistake for fighting the same man who defeated Cell and Majin Buu in a Death Battle. :awesome:

And like many DBZ fans had said, Hercule is actually a pretty competent fighter who's just outclassed by the many ki using, planter busters around him. As for Dan, he can't even properly throw a person and Sagat allowed himself to lose to him out of Pitty. At least there's an even amount of wins and loses for the DBZ (IF you ignore that unwanted rematch), though many would still ***** about how bias Screwattack is.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Super Mario Maker's My Music List:

Style Switch: Ground Theme (SMB/SMB3/SMW/NSMBU) - Original
Title (Super Mario Maker) - Sm4sh Remix (Lone new remix in this DLC pack)
Mario Bros. (Mario Bros.) - Brawl Remix
Super Mario Bros. Medley (Super Mario Bros.) - Sm4sh Remix
Ground Theme / Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros) - Brawl Remix
Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros) - Brawl Remix
Princess Peach's Castle (Super Mario Bros) - Melee Remix
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels Medley - Sm4sh Remix
Super Mario Bros. 3 Medley - Smash 4 Remix
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros 3) - Melee Remix
Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros 3) - Brawl Remix
Underground Theme (Super Mario Land) - Brawl Remix
Super Mario World Medley - Sm4sh Remix
Yoshi's Island (Melee) - Melee (duh) Remix
Fortresss Boss (Super Mario World) - Sm4sh Remix
Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB3) - Brawl Remix
Title/Ending (Super Mario World) - Brawl Remix
Main Theme (NSMB) - Brawl Remix
Athletic Theme / Ground Theme (NSMB2) - Sm4sh Remix
Ground Theme (NSMB2) - Original
Ground Theme (NSMBU) - Original
Peach's Castle Stage - Smash 64 Remix
Ground Theme (SMB3) - Original
Ground Theme (SMB2) - Original
Ground Theme (SMB) - Original
Ground Theme (SMBW) - Original

Pirate Ship's My Music List:

Dragon Roost Island (Wind Waker) - Original
The Great Sea / Menu Select (Wind Waker) - Sm4sh Remix
The Legend of Zelda Medley (TLOZ/OoT) - Sm4sh Remix
Dark World /Dark World Dungeon (ALttP) - Sm4sh Remix
Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening) - Brawl Remix
Song of Storms (OoT) - Brawl Remix
Gerudo Valley (OoT) - Original
Gerudo Valley (OoT) - Sm4sh Remix
Ocarina of Time Medley - Brawl Remix
Village of the Blue Maiden (Four Sword Adventures) - Brawl Remix
Termina Field (Majora's Mask) - Original
Ballad of the Goddess (Skyward Sword) - Original

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180324754&postcount=101

No new songs for Pirate Ship.
Super Mario Maker has the original Ground Themes (although the music changes along with the stage too) with Mario Maker Title as alternate on 3DS and Duck Hunt 3DS has the Duck Hunt Medley and Wrecking Crew Retro Medley.
Meanwhile, in the void between dimensions...
Music can be heard echoing around.
Lost forever to the infinitely extending path of time.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty hyped about Pirate Ship coming back! Glad it is. It felt so weird having no real stage for Toon Link.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Just dropping by to say because I dont play smash as much as before, Im thinking of leaving the fourm

so If I suddenly stop coming here, been real nice being with you all for the time I was
Aww, but you were by far my favorite person to tease! Whatever will I do with myself now?!

In all seriousness, I'm sad to see you go. We'll always be here, if you ever feel like coming back. :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Meanwhile, in the void between dimensions...
Music can be heard echoing around.
Lost forever to the infinitely extending path of time.
That description honestly felt like what is supposed to do this:

It is between dimensions :)

You hear echoes :)

And you feel lost when you hear it and it feels infinite :)

lol

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
[Sakurai voice] There are a lot of characters in Smash who deserve being buffed! There's Bowser, Samus and [looks at smudged writing on hand] Kingler Pepe

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
So, the Duck Hunt stage came to 3DS....

This is sweet, I want more existing stages coming to both versions; I'd like to see Arena Ferox, Yoshi's Island and/or Prism Tower come to Wii U, and Kongo Jungle 64 and Smashville come to 3DS.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That description honestly felt like what is supposed to do this:

It is between dimensions :)

You hear echoes :)

And you feel lost when you hear it and it feels infinite :)

lol
True.
I was more referring to the fact that this song is still missing from both versions Smash 4, despite there being so many Mario stages.

Also, I said "Time" because of the game the song comes from.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
True.
I was more referring to the fact that this song is still missing from both versions Smash 4, despite there being so many Mario stages.

Also, I said "Time" because of the game the song comes from.
It took me a while to get you were talkinhg about PiT. I need to play that again

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Ugh fine....
lol, I'm just saying. I can't remember off the top of my head but the most notable things are just Sheik being unchanged and Luigi's Down-throw getting nerfed bad. Other than that customs were tweaked a bunch.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever successfully lucid dreamed before? It's rather hard to do since it feels like you lose all sense of "this is definitely a dream" while in one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Has anyone ever successfully lucid dreamed before? It's rather hard to do since it feels like you lose all sense of "this is definitely a dream" while in one.
I believe I have once. Though for the most part I just wake up when I realize it. Not that I mind, I like seeing what kind of dreams I get.

D

Deleted member

A few times when I was younger, but I rarely do anymore. Hell, I can barely even remember half of my dreams at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The title now references the Pirate Ship's glorious return.

Puns.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom