• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nichijou is ****ing nut's.
Holy hell, I need to watch it now.
That OP is so caaaaaaaaaatchy AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys, how should I introduce a game to people on a website?
What kind of game?

Describe its gameplay, link a few music and gameplay videos, tell some of the story, like that.

Nichijou is ****ing nut's.
Holy hell, I need to watch it now.
That OP is so caaaaaaaaaatchy AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nichijou is my absolute favourite comedy animé. Welcome to the club. ;)

:231:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What kind of game?

Describe its gameplay, link a few music and gameplay videos, tell some of the story, like that.

Nichijou is my absolute favourite comedy animé. Welcome to the club. ;)

I don't know if I can say that I am "in the club", since I haven't watched any episode.
But Nom de Zeus, I see now why Luggy Luggy love this anime. (And you too)
I am going to watch the first episode before the end of the week. If my motivation isn't killed by some ****ty new or day.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Nintendo wont even have a E3 show. Not even a Direct. Its all a Treehouse stream. I really dont know what they are doing but Im scared
It's easy, they're announcing the NX in a few months. No reason to be scared. From what I've heard anyway, the fact that they only have Zelda as a demo there is fine because E3 attendance is on the decline, and it's pretty low this year.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I saw the Pokemon news. Here are my thoughts about today's news below. If you think to yourself, "I feel like I read this somewhere before," you are right! This is copy and pasted from my post in the NintenZone social thread. It took me a pretty long while to write down my thoughts, so I'm not in the mood to retype everything from scratch (not to mention that even if I did retype it, it would still have the same thoughts just worded differently), so I'm just copy and pasting it here for convenience, as well as potentially starting a discussion on both threads.

Solgaleo and Lunala's typing definitely surprised me, especially when I thought they were going to be part Fire and part Dark respectively. After reading how Solgaleo's Steel-typing could be referencing the Earth's magnetic field, however, I can understand why it was given that type. Even Ghost-type for Lunala is understandable because of the common associations of ghosts with nighttime. I'm guessing Sunsteel Strike is a Steel-type move because it did neutral damage to Salamence and the attack is called "Meteor Drive" in the Japanese version, while Moongeist Beam is probably a Ghost-type move because it fits Luanda's typing and did super effective damage to Gengar. I'm also guessing Solgaleo will be a physical attacker while Lunala will be a special attacker based off their signature attacks.

For those complaining about the abilities: yeah, they may be rehashes of older abilities, but just remember that Reshiram and Zekrom's abilities was simply Mold Breaker with a fancier name.

As for the characters, I'm surprised Kukui is the Alola's region professor and not Hala. Kukui looked more like the professor's assistant with that first trailer, but now that we know that's not the case, I'm guessing Hala could be the former Alola professor who has now retired, and Kukui could be his son/grand-son. I don't mind Kukui is this region's professor though. In fact, I like it. He already seems like a pretty cool character. He sounds funny considering how they say he has taken Pokemon attacks head on to learn about them.

So we finally get to see that blond, vacation-dressed girl we first saw in those concept arts of Pokemon Sun and Moon. Lillie does look very interesting. I was originally thinking she'd be the "serious rival" character in the story compared to Hau based on theories that were discussed about her before the reveal, but the one detail that "she's not fond of making Pokemon fight in battles" doesn't scream "rival" to me. Then again, N was a rival character in Black and White and he was also against Pokemon battles, so maybe she could similar to N in that regard. I'm also willing to bet she is related to Alola's evil team since they call her "mysterious," "likes to read lots of books", and "works with Kukui for personal reasons." Maybe she is an undercover scientist for the evil team? I can only wonder.

Hau seems like he's going to be another friendly rival, but I have hopes that he will be more memorable than the Kalos trio. He gives me a Barry vibe minus the annoying part. Him being the same age as the player characters also has me thinking that we are back to playing as 10 year olds this time instead of teenagers (Hau doesn't really look like a teen IMO).

The Rotom Pokedex gives me another Yokai Watch considering how Rotom is a ghost that talks to you and guides you on your journey, but it seems like the Pokedex has a likable personality. I like how it can tell you about your next destination based off your interactions with others. It also makes me wonder if you will be able to receive a Rotom right from the get-go so that you can use it on your team. Anime-wise, I'm willing to bet Professor Oak will give Ash his Rotom so that it can be used for his Alola Pokedex.

I really like the QR code feature. It's definitely going to be very useful to use considering that scanning QR codes will register certain Pokemon into your Pokedex so that you can find where they are in-game. I'm going to try finding a Ralts QR code the day of the release so that I know where to catch one in order to have a Gallade on my story team. Exchanging QR codes to register Pokemon into each other's Pokedexes also sounds like fun.

And now the best for last... my thoughts about the region and my theories regarding what certain locations will be.

Four main islands to explore when Hawaii technically has eight? Hmm, something tells me the other islands could either be 1) Postgame material or 2) where you catch other legendaries. That extra island hanging off the island with the canyon seems rather suspicious. I'm willing to bet it's either 1) where you catch a legendary not Solgaleo and Lunala or 2) the location of this game's Victory Road. I can't find anywhere else on the map where the Victory Road could be.

Now to speculate what each island has, starting with island 1:
This is definitely the island where you start. The town in the middle looks like the starting village. The Rotom Pokedex in its mini trailer mentioned something about the Pokemon Trainer school, and I have a feeling its in the town directly beneath the starting town. My guess is that judging from the road to reach, it's probably going to be the "second town" you come across in your journey. The city is probably going to be the location of your first gym badge. I don't know what the town above it will provide though. The volcano could be a route location since it's based off the Diamond-Head volcano, which is extinct in real life.

Moving on to Island #2:
I can already find four major cities here where the next four gyms will probably be located. I think this is the second island you will explore. My guess is that you start in the city located above the lighthouse since it has a pretty distinct port. It also looks it's the city where the supposed resort/Water gym was located, that one building we saw from the first trailer of the games. The mountainous jungle located below is probably the route that leads to the to the lighthouse city. The resort with the beach is probably going to be a route, but I'm intrigued with the golf course behind it. Golf in Pokemon? That should be interesting to see. The city above the resort looks rather cool. I'm willing to bet that modern-looking building is the city's gym. Those water ponds located in the top left interest me though. I wonder what could they be?

Next up, island 3:
I can find already pinpoint two major cities where there will be probably be gyms: the one on the top left and the one on the top right. The top left city looks interesting. It gives me an Attack on Titan vibe with the walls. The one on the top right is just as interesting with dedicated Japanese garden space and the pagoda located at the tip. I have a feeling that pagoda is going to be the gym. Maybe it will be a Flying-type gym because of the height of the structure? That'd be cool to see, especially if the Flying-type gym leader dresses in traditional Japanese clothing and resembles Takumi from Fire Emblem Fates (I'd see him being a Flying-type trainer because of archery has air-like characteristics, and his bow has wind like patterns at the tips with wings at the center). OK, I shouldn't put my thoughts about Fire Emblem here since it's doubtful we'd even get a trainer who resembles a Fire Emblem character, but it was fun to think about the nonetheless. I also think that city with the pagoda is the one you'll visit first because of its distinct port, and you can see a boat headed straight for it.

Now, where could the 8th gym be located? I'm going to guess it's the supposed city located at the bottom center for now. Those born stuff located beneath the building in the trees are probably buildings, and the house in the trees is probably a gym.

That mountain in the middle is definitely based off Mauna Loa. It's probably the region's main mountain since Mauna Loa is supposed to be the largest volcano in Hawaii, and one of the largest mountains in the world. I wonder why there would be snow there though. I can't even tell whether or not it's supposed to be a town or some sort of research facility. I also wonder what's the deal with that stonehenge-like place with the water surrounding it.

Next stop on our tour: island #4:
There seems to be only own town/city here: the Pacifidlog Town lookalike where the boat seems to be headed (and probably the first place you'll visit in the island). In fact, this island looks rather... secluded.

I am willing to bet that canyon is where you will catch Solgaleo/Lunala. The part that gives it away is the cone-like mountain with the pedestial and the stairs located in front of it. It just screams "Solgaleo/Lunala's location" to me. I'm guessing this is where the climatic part of the story kicks in where the evil team begins to carry out their evil plan. It's large size looks pretty fitting for the final location you fight evil team.

But that what about the massive tree on the left and that lava-affected area on the right? They could also be potential location where you catch the legendaries as well. When we first saw Solgaleo in last month's trailer, it looked like it was summoned somewhere inside a tree, while Lunala looked like it was summoned within some sort of cave. That tree and the lava-affected area seem to match up with those locations...

Which begs the question: If the tree and the lava-affected area are where you catch the Sun and Moon legendaries respectively, what's the deal with canyon? It could be the region's Victory Road since it looks a challenging area to explore, but that ritual ground located in front of the cone mountain still looks suspicious. My guess then would be this where a ritual is performed to summon Solgaleo/Lunala to their respective tree/lava-affected area for them to be found. Let's give it some time and see which thought turns out true.

I already gave my thoughts what that extra small island could be a few paragraphs up.

And finally: Pearl Harbor:
I'm calling it now. This is the region's Pokemon League! Why would it be located on its own like this? It even looks so modern and grand that it just seems very fitting to be a Pokemon League. That tall white building definitely looks very fitting to be the Pokemon League. The only question then is this: What's the mansion-like building behind it supposed to be. I'm going to guess it is the champion's house for now, or it could be the port where you will be dropped off once you surpassed Victory Road (I don't see Victory Road being located here since there's no way it fit in such a tiny space).

Or maybe it's the new Battle Facility the hiker was talking about in Pokemon X and Y. That building looks like something that fits with the description "we have this Battle Facility like you've never seen." I'm not too sure about it though, since there doesn't seem to be any other location that looks like a Pokemon League building except for this one.

And like I said, this is definitely based off Pearl Harbor since the facility looks similar to the actual Pearl Harbor memorial. I guess that's another reason why it makes sense for this location to be the Pokemon League. The Pearl Harbor memorial is supposed to be a very patriotic and grand location in the United States, so that's just another reason it could be this region's Pokemon League. We'll see if I'm right in the coming months.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
>mfw I'm watching the new Pokemon Sun & Moon trailer
2OFUbA1.gif

I can't wait to use the Rotom-Dex. It gives a nice touch to the Pokedex, while using a well known Pokemon. Those games are looking great so far.

What's up here anyway ?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Cool that Zelda isn't the only thing Nintendo wasn't going to show. I mean, 2 hours of showing every inch of that HD grass in Hyrule Field is the kind of stuff too crazy for people to realistically think Nintendo would ever do, right?!

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Someone has a pretty good theory on what will appear at the center of Alola's ocean. I think it's pretty solid and until proven otherwise, it's probably true.

... ...

:p

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Hey guys, did I mention essays? Because I just finished my first one for Asian humanities. Now to make sure there aren't any mistakes or plagiarized text, and all systems are go. And then there's the India exam...
Someone has a pretty good theory on what will appear at the center of Alola's ocean. I think it's pretty solid and until proven otherwise, it's probably true.

... ...

:p
Lel, top kek. Kappa
a fighting game. intoduce it to people to give them an incentive to play,
Is this fighting game Smash, by any chance? :4sonic:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Hey guys, did I mention essays? Because I just finished my first one for Asian humanities. Now to make sure there aren't any mistakes or plagiarized text, and all systems are go. And then there's the India exam...

Lel, top kek. Kappa

Is this fighting game Smash, by any chance? :4sonic:
No, it's cyberbots
image.png

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In other news, here's something that I've been able to pull off recently while hacking Smash Wii U...

In case you didn't get it, I was able to replace the Giga Bowser battle BGM with the following BGM track...

Of course, I did have to fix the volume level of the BGM to be more in line with the other BGM tracks.

And as an additional bonus...

The same BGM track, as shown in the Sounds menu.

Anyway, I felt that the Opening (Melee) remix was pretty much Final Destination's equivalent of the Multi-Man Melee 2 (Melee) BGM that's used for Battlefield. But since Opening (Melee) is not normally in the game, I had to just implement it in some way.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I guess so, seems like it.
But why call it "Cyberbots" if there is nothing to support the "Cyber" part of it? Everything in the game seems to take place in the physical world, where is the "Cyber" aspect? I haven't been this confused before.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I guess so, seems like it.
But why call it "Cyberbots" if there is nothing to support the "Cyber" part of it? Everything in the game seems to take place in the physical world, where is the "Cyber" aspect? I haven't been this confused before.
Probably here
image.png

Or the story idk. I just know it's ridiculously fun.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Me: "Hey should I buy a crate in League of Legends?"
Friend: "No, it's not worth it."
*disregards him and buys a crate anyways*
*really rare and expensive skin he really wanted to have*
Friend: "**** you."

So today has been a great day so far. I got the maximum score in two tests, a hundred bucks and got to eat at that japanese restaurant I really love. I'm happy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you search deep, you'll find the better Tenacool.

SO RADICAL

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm here to say that Lillie is the greatest ever, and greater still if she's a tsundere.
RIP Severa

Looking at the new map, there's one thing that comes to my mind first.

Tentacools.
Ah. I forgot how annoying they were in Hoenn. :p

Hoping they reduce the encounter rate.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's a lot of water in the new Pokemon, around 78% of the map I'd say. But maybe this means moar water-based Pokemon so in the few times you don't encounter Tentacool you might see something new at last every time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah. I forgot how annoying they were in Hoenn. :p

Hoping they reduce the encounter rate.

Just give me a Steel/Grass type and they're less worrisome. Resistance enough against the attacks(despite Tentacool resisting both types I mentioned) but also is immune to Poison. Plus, there's enough moves that you don't need STAB for when it comes to quickly taking 'em out. Tentacool don't have that high of defenses. Tentacruel is a bit of a different story, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just give me a Steel/Grass type and they're less worrisome. Resistance enough against the attacks(despite Tentacool resisting both types I mentioned) but also is immune to Poison. Plus, there's enough moves that you don't need STAB for when it comes to quickly taking 'em out. Tentacool don't have that high of defenses. Tentacruel is a bit of a different story, though.
Tentacruel's special defense is high, but it still can't take physical hits all that well. Most Poison-type Pokemon tend to have a weak defense stat, so in the cases where a Poison-type has a higher special defense than physical defense, you're usually better off using Psyshock over Psychic to take it down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom