• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164

Obviously the issue question people cared about last night.

I won't lie, Bernie makes a good argument. DK is definitely viable, and we don't want some For Fun Stone Kirby spammer as President. lol
I've seen so much of those whenever I looked up the election.
Such as this.
B.png

Thought it could relate to some of the meme lovers on here. :awesome:

Adamss

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8143-5602
I have played it, and even become addicted to it (unlocked every support available through a single playthrough, now I'm working on all the marriage/sibling/parent-child supports possible through multiple playthroughs). It's by far my favorite strategy and RPG game. I just happen to think another series deserves to grow (looking at you, DK).
Oh cool! So much to do in that game! Yeah you're right about that, I guess Nintendo really wants to make Fire Emblem a big nintendo franchise with all the work put into Robins moveset and Corrin hyping up Fates etc.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Am I the only one that thinks Kamui won't be very good?
After using her quite a bit after their release, yes, you pretty much are the only one. I mean, Fire Emblem is getting meh at this point but Corrin is a good character. Heck, even though I think Bayonetta is a more interesting character, I don't really like how she plays as much.

(Also Hi I'm back after forever, huge life changes prevented me from being around. Maybe I'll talk about it or something?)

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
HEY EVERYBODY NOT-SO FRIENDLY REMINDER WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO PUT THESE PEEPS IN TIER LISTS ALREADY ;w;

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd give it until the next major (Pound 2016 in April) before we judge any early placings/viability. People aren't going to be that familiar with the match up after only 3 days. Not to mention, there's practically endless potential for both characters yet to be discovered/perfected.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
People tend to be really obsessed with tier placements and I'm just over here enjoying my favorite characters regardless of where they get placed...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I have seen both Bowser (pre-1.3 buffs) and Samus (as of last freaking week) win tournaments of 60-70+ entrants. Tiers mean very little in this game.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Tiers do matter. Even if you heard of Bowser and Samus winning tournaments, were they stacked? Player skill has a part too. I could have a "tournament" consisting of me, my brother, and my Chem textbook, and if I win with :4jigglypuff:, does that mean that tiers don't matter and she's not a bad character? Nope.
Tiers, as always, matter most at the highest level of play. That is because the disparity in player skill is minimal. So results won't be as impacted by that factor. If you look at those big tournaments with highly skilled players, you won't see characters like Bowser or Samus do as well as Sheik or ZSS. Matchups are very important as well. Sheik does well against the entire cast while Bowser struggles against most top tiers. Hence, in a tournament whose results actually tell us about the state of the metagame, you're not going to see Bowser make Top 8 with all the better characters around. He's gonna have a much harder time than Sheik trying to do well. Because their paths to the top are not equal, tiers are a thing.
For more information: http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Semicolon/Treatise_on_the_Existence_of_Tiers

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anyone here able to remove the white in my sig images? There's 10 and if you do I'll make it worth your while. ;)

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Yowza, look what I found! Villager mains, pay attention:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
IIRC Villager has a few invincibility frames during pocket. Unless it's been patched out same thing happens with Link's final smash
Yeah, I got a little too excited and forgot about that... WHOOPS!

Last edited:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Any upcoming online tournaments with Umbra Clock Tower in the stage list? I really want to explore that stage's competitive potential.

(I wasn't sure where else to ask this, by the way)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I deleted my 3ds smash save because wynaut, and **** man Dr. Mario was a ***** to unlock. He destroyed me as Mario he almost zero to deathed me. I got him to 8% as Mario. Then it was a challenege when I faced him as my main, Cloud. I can only imagine how challenging Ganondorf will be. I remembere him being super hard last time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I finally changed the background of my phone. I haven't done that since August. If you're curious, I changed it to this:

Oh yeah baby. Living like Larry. :4larry:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So I downloaded Golden Sun: TLA on my phone since I loved the original GS and school will likely give me an aneurysm this year.
Since I played the last game without ever experimenting with the different classes, I decided to give it a shot. Boy is it great when your party clicks together perfectly.
Also the sea battle theme is "Pepper Steak" levels of catchy.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I downloaded Golden Sun: TLA on my phone since I loved the original GS and school will likely give me an aneurysm this year.
Since I played the last game without ever experimenting with the different classes, I decided to give it a shot. Boy is it great when your party clicks together perfectly.
Also the sea battle theme is "Pepper Steak" levels of catchy.
Golden Sun's composer is the same as the Mario Tennis and Golf series. Motoi Sakuraba.

Both GS and GS:TLA have great soundtracks.

:231:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I deleted my 3ds smash save because wynaut, and **** man Dr. Mario was a ***** to unlock. He destroyed me as Mario he almost zero to deathed me. I got him to 8% as Mario. Then it was a challenege when I faced him as my main, Cloud. I can only imagine how challenging Ganondorf will be. I remembere him being super hard last time.
Did you already unlock Duck Hunt? I'm curious if he's still being battled at Battlefield now the Duck Hunt stage is a thing.

------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, it's February 6. Happy birthday, :4mewtwo:!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since I have nothing better to do.... I suppose I'm up for it. :p

Too late buddy.
Did you already unlock Duck Hunt? I'm curious if he's still being battled at Battlefield now the Duck Hunt stage is a thing.

------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, it's February 6. Happy birthday, :4mewtwo:!
I unlocked Ness, Falco, Dark Pit, Wario, Lucina and Dr. Mario.

I will let you know if they are battled on Duck Hunt now or not when it happens.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think some time back it was confirmed Duck Hunt is still battled on Battlefield, although this happened during the patch in which DH became a free course. Maybe it changed?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I just had a really weird shower thought.

When Project X Zone 2 comes out, there will be two different games in which Ryu and Lucina are both playable characters.

The video game industry is a beautiful thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Among all the under-developed characters introduced in Rdaint Dawn, I seem to have taken a liking to Laura and Aran.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If I made Mario kart 9 this is what I'd make the roster as.

Light: Lemmy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth, Wendy, Larry, Koopa, ShyGuy, Snifit, Lakitu, Diddy, Dixie, Dry Bones
Medium: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, Ludwig, Tatanga, Iggy, E. Gadd, Captain Syrup, Waluigi
Heavy: Bowser, DK, Wario, Funky, Dry Bowser, Wart, Petey, King Boo, Wiggler, Honey Queen, Rosalina, Roy, Morton, Metal Mario, K. Rool, King Bob-omb

TheExpertCOM

Banned via Warnings
I wonder what level these "New Challenger" computers are running at.

They don't seem TOO challenging.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Then I guess I just suck. >:|
Don't worry. I lost against Lucina, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt and twice against Jigglypuff.

I wonder what level these "New Challenger" computers are running at.

They don't seem TOO challenging.
SSBWiki says this:
'The AI level of unlockable character fights increases with each consecutive character, though the opposite is the case in Melee.
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the AI level for all eight characters is high, no matter what order they're fought in.'
But it doesn't have a source, so make of it what you want.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I just watched the Gumball 2-parter "The Origins" and HOLY CRAP. I wasn't these levels of blown away since "The Romantic."

I GIVE THIS 2-PARTER TENOUTTATEN, TENOUTTATEN, HUNDREDOUTTAHUNDRED BEST EPISODE, BEST EPISODE.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

So, I was talking recently about using monitor and which interface and bla bla bla. Well, It;s because i was beginning my research to actually buy a new monitor.

AND I DID :)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236679

Just remember the price is in CAN which are atrociously, horribly, awfully SUCKY!!!!

no seriously, they said in the news the CAN dollar is the lowest it was since more than 10 years! There;s a reason I keep mentioning it, it sucks so much!

In USD, this monitor with the huge discount is

180 Canadian Dollar equals
129.35 US Dollar

So, you see how bad this is, 130 for me is like.....wow that;s a really good deal and 180 is like.......ok got to think hard on this one before I make my decision.......

So this is why I really don;t tend to buy games lately unless I know I will love them.

Anyway the monitor, my current monitor is this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014111

This is according to a friend who claims to be monitor enthousiast, a 2007 mointor, but for 2007, it was realy good. Apparently, I got extremely lucky with the 2ms response time and this was one of my college monitor, they give them to studients to do their class work which jsut involves mostly running virtual machines or troubleshooting stuff. Aka they didn;t even need the very good response time and it had it.

But there's obvious problems. First, this is 1280x1024monitor, not bad tbh, but the main problem is the freaking aspect ratio! 5:4, no, not 4:3 whcih is standard, no, 5:4. This is a so uncommon aspect ration that I have so much problems with full screen app. Minecraft looks scaled as freak, games on steam are allways showing 2 bvig black bars, even youtube or twitch stream in full screen will show huge black bars......it;s not bad but it gets very annoying on a screen that is already 19 icnhes which means I want all the space this monitor provides.

The second problem is how the contrast rati clearly is bad. I hooked my WiiU on it using a dvi to hdmi cable, it worked, minus the fact that because of the aspect ratio, I had to play inm 480p in 4:3. that already sucked, but even worse, the colors sucked! Playing super metorid whcih doesn;t even look hard for the colors is like playing a blurry approximation, it;s really bad.

Where it gets interesting however is my 40 inches TV. First, you can;t put this on a desk, it;s like......very bulky which means it;s more annoying to use. The screen is so big, I have to be at a distance of it and that is bad, I have severe myopia so I want to be as close as possible. However, the TV is 1366x768 which apparently does 1080p fine, it;s 16:9, and the colors are very accurate. But the main problem is the response time, idk what it is, but it has to suck. I see ghosting and a lot of it on soemthign as simple as panning the camera in the trophy room of ssbm. Even super metroid has ghosting......basiclaly it's not fun to have this.

So, this is where the ideal solution came: a 1080p monitor that can be used on a deak just like my current one and has accurate colors. Though.....msot monitors today has good colors....I don;t think it;s really a concern. What was a concern was the response time becuase I don;t want ghosting, thefact it;s 1080p so 16:9 and the fact it;s small enough. This has all of it with some bonus: it;s 23.6 inches, a 4.6 inches upgrade which is nice, it;s slightly lighter and it has all inputs I will ever use (I do use dvi and I will use vga to composite for my analog console video). It has speakers and headphone jack.......but I foudn way more clever methods to get audio with my headphones.

The fact this is my second monitor also solve my desire to actually have a second monitor, of course I will keep my current one, it will be secondary monitor, but this gives me a huge thing. See, I was talking about full screen application, the thing is, I use these a lot so it was kinda annoying to have to alt tab out or exit the app to do something else. Not anymore, i can finally run my windows 10 vm and actually setup the files I want to feed it ont he other screen or even more, I can finally have my streaming stuff on the other screen that the stuff is happening.......finally :)

The only downside is transportation, that is goign to be a bit of a problem, but tbh......there;s always ways to fix that problem (it;s sometime hard to fit a monitor in a suitcase.....)

So thee you go, my first ever true 1080p sceen I will use, from that point until now, I never ever used a 1080p screen, the max I used was a 1366x768 screen and it was my laptop one.

Can;t wait to get it, shoudl take around a week or 2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom