• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*dies from the overtly positive comment*

I wasn't as good as I currently am when I started university. Hell, I didn't draw nearly as much as I should've until during my 2nd year. So I'm still learning. Hell, that's why I'm doing a Masters degree. I don't think I'm good enough yet.
I think you are amazing dude

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Lol late but the rooster talk before reminds me of the image on the "Bigger is better in bed" page on TV Tropes. XD

censored in case the red tyrants wreck me for censor dodging lelel

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would anyone like to play some Smash? This will likely be the last time for a while as I am not bringing the Wii U to the new place.
Do you think you'd be free in about an hour or so?

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Has anyone ever noticed how the common feature practically all alarm clocks have isn't something useful like showing the date or automatically accounting for daylight savings time but rather the snooze button a button that allows you to mostly circumvent the reason for having an alarm clock in the first place?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Say, I had a question to ask you about art (mostly tips and recommendations).
I've been trying to get into traditional art myself, it's just the problem is I'm not that very good. So I was wondering if you know some tips to help get better at art.
I haven't really done traditional art since college. Since the beginning of my university years, I transferred to digital art and have been stuck since. I only do traditional sketches in my sketchbooks.

As for learning how to improve your art skills... well, it's hard to say. I don't know what art you like to draw. Do you do characters? Environments? Mechs? Do you just want to paint pretty pictures? Do you like to do concept art? etc.

I think you are amazing dude
I wish employers saw me that way. :p

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
As if the 100+ character selection wasn't ridiculous enough...
I knew almost nothing about game dev then, so I thought that was perfectly reasonable.

But more than 4 players in a single match? That's against the rules!

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Say, I had a question to ask you about art (mostly tips and recommendations).
I've been trying to get into traditional art myself, it's just the problem is I'm not that very good. So I was wondering if you know some tips to help get better at art.
Here's mine:
Draw on a flat surface, like a desk. Make sure it's stable, becase if it shakes too much it usually leads to a mistake.
Practice drawing with a picture for reference.
Make a sketch. Draw a picture with soft flicks to make a rough shape. Once you're done, erase them and redraw or just draw over the weak lines.
Don't use pens, only for finishing touches.
Don't press your pencil too much if you're using one. Not only might it break, it will make it harder to erase mistakes and leave imprints on the page.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Others should post what they inkling look like
~What kind of inkling squid are you?
How do you do the things you do~?
Share with me your secrets, DEEP INSIDE.

I wonder how many people will even get this.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I haven't really done traditional art since college. Since the beginning of my university years, I transferred to digital art and have been stuck since. I only do traditional sketches in my sketchbooks.

As for learning how to improve your art skills... well, it's hard to say. I don't know what art you like to draw. Do you do characters? Environments? Mechs? Do you just want to paint pretty pictures? Do you like to do concept art? etc.
I'll probably talk about specific art I'd like to do in a PM since it'll be easier to talk. Though one thing I was curious about is the advantages of digital art over more traditional methods.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
New avatar hype
I got into Awkward Zombie one weekend and read every comic in the span of 2 hours. :seuss:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I missed the bacon talk... sadness is real, specially because I have no bacon on my fridge

D

Deleted member

Im pretty bored right now and I want to make something good in Paint .net but idk what I can make
Last time I tried out Paint.NET was back in September 2013. I made a test icon and found it to be alright in comparison to the ones I make in Photoshop

No longer have it though.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
@ BlueX BlueX Congrats. You won.

I AM good at Smash but...why did I feel like I was going easy on you?
It looks like you did some mistakes...

I think i acidently hit you at the edge to the stage...

Did you go easy on me? I don't really mind i guess...

T

Trick or Treat

Yeah, the guys will hog the Wii U and my PS4 if I brought them haha.

I am getting rekt

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last time I tried out Paint.NET was back in September 2013. I made a test icon and found it to be alright in comparison to the ones I make in Photoshop

No longer have it though.
Well I make all my icons in paint.net but nothing amazing or eye catching like those smash thing like the one fed0ra7 has in his sig
Well you dont know that. If they are nice they will not do that?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im still waiting for my friend to upload the Smash Matches of yesterday... but then I remembered his internet has no broadband.... so one upload takes 1 hour...

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

I am getting rekt
I am ready now! I will get a room open 3 stocks.

FIGHT ME. (again)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom