• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Sheik tech: Needle Fidgeting

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
New video. Covering the basics of Needle Fidgeting and a few of it's applications:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99vpSSd68U4

The main thread for this tech can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/needle-fidget.381141/
I'd suggest going there for a bit more information on the tech.

Got any questions concerning stuff in the video? Ask away below.

And I only made two pages of the Wasserwipf vs Saviorslegacy ultimate battle ninja chronicles, so no, there's no more of that.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Been trying to get this to work but I can't seem to get it right. Still seems useless to me though lol

iAft3rbang

Smash Cadet
NNID
iAft3rbang
Been trying to get this to work but I can't seem to get it right. Still seems useless to me though lol
I think that sheik has better options than fidgeting. The extended vanish glide is very situational... But that diamond jump looks so nice...

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Fidgeting is good for charging needles then recovering immediately or if you accidentally get pushed off stage, but buffer or still charge needles it can save you.

SouthPawKarl

Smash Rookie
Does this tech also work for a Sheik-copied Kirby? I'm not much of a Kirby main to know it's usefulness, but I'm imagining
needle glide>needle fidget>up b that could be positioned to spike.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
This was super helpful for figuring out this tech. Thanks so much!

Now to apply it in game...

Last edited:

DeathlyFerret

Smash Apprentice
Does this tech also work for a Sheik-copied Kirby? I'm not much of a Kirby main to know it's usefulness, but I'm imagining
needle glide>needle fidget>up b that could be positioned to spike.
I'm positive needle fidgeting works with Kirby... Not too sure about needle gliding, though. I'll test it when I have the time.
Edit: NM, I guess Envoid's got it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Envoy_

Smash Cadet
I'm positive needle fidgeting works with Kirby... Not too sure about needle gliding, though. I'll test it when I have the time.
I actually tested that earlier today and needle fidgeting and needle gliding does work with Kirby. Sadly, Kirby's wave needle (B-Reverse slide) is much shorter than Sheik's.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I actually tested that earlier today and needle fidgeting and needle gliding does work with Kirby. Sadly, Kirby's wave needle (B-Reverse slide) is much shorter than Sheik's.
Wait, really? Which move? Neutral-B? I just can't picture it working...

Envoy_

Smash Cadet
Wait, really? Which move? Neutral-B? I just can't picture it working...
Yup. Here's an example of fidgeting and gliding with Kirby:

Kind of cool that Kirby can do this stuff. For some reason Gfycat uploaded these sideways. Idk why that happened, but my apologies for it.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Yup. Here's an example of fidgeting and gliding with Kirby:
Ahhhh, if he copies Sheik's neutral-b. I thought you meant just using one of his default specials.

Top Bottom