• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Smash 4 Seeding for EVO 2016 (Top 32 Players)

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
Howdy y'all!

If you don't know me, I'm Bear. I'll be on staff with EVO 2016 as the TO for Smash 4. For EVO 2016, we are determining seeding for each game, but community input holds a lot more weight than whatever we, the staff, think the seeding should be.

I'd like the Smash 4 community on Smashboards to compile a list of the Top 32 Smash 4 players that should be seeded for EVO 2016.

If you're concerned wether or not a player is attending EVO 2016, don't worry too much about it. Assume the player is attending or ask him or her via social media if they're confirmed. Main point is the make a Top 32 list assuming they're going and we [the EVO 2016 staff] will go through EVO 2016 registrants and seed accordingly.

Please remember, the seeding we do will be based off of what you, the Smash 4 community, has to say on the topic. We value this discussion quite a bit, so please be as unbiased as possible.

Notes that after the brackets go live there will be a period of community review where they will be able to retrieve feedback.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And I'd appreciate a solid list of top 32 by June 24th if possible.

Much appreciate everyone's contribution,
Bear

RoosterKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
OriginStarfox
Why not just seed based off the top 32 of the PGR?

and if let's say #25 doesn't show up, then it'd be the top 33, and if two dont show up then 34, and it goes on.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Asking the community to do a monumental task like this is kinda risky. Lets see how it turns out

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
i like this idea since PG Stats is only based on hard data and doesn't include a lot of relevant, recent feats (and includes long-irrelevant ones at this point, e.g. Apex)

I'll come up with my list later but I really like the idea

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
We believe the community would know more than we do about who the best Smash 4 players are, so we'd love to know who you think they are. The top 32 players are decided based on the community's voice & the rest of the tournament is seeded by region.

We appreciate the community's feedback & opinion.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Asking Smashboards to help seed a huge event like this?

God this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

RoosterKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
OriginStarfox
Well if we aren't considering the PGstats as a definitive answer, then I guess this is my go at it:

1st four seeds are: ZeRo, Nairo, Dabuz and Ally (1st -4th)
then we got Mr. R, Abadongo, Void and Larry Lurr (5th and 7th somewhere)
then ESAM, Marss, ANTi and Komorikiri(Seeded to get 9th)
and Ranai, Trela, Kamemushi, Tweek(13th)
plus 6WX, Trela, Shaky, and 9B (17th)
and Vinnie, K9, Earth, MVD, Zinoto, Hyuga and Tyrant (25th)

I swear to god EVO is too packed lol

NoLoudNoise

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoLoudNoise
Why not just seed based off the top 32 of the PGR?

and if let's say #25 doesn't show up, then it'd be the top 33, and if two dont show up then 34, and it goes on.
Because there are top Japanese players unranked who are clearly in the top 50 of smash 4

Ignoring that it treats early 2015 results the same as Pound or G3, someone like Kanemushi isn't even top 50 because he wasn't in the states but every top player considers him elite.

RoosterKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
OriginStarfox
Because there are top Japanese players unranked who are clearly in the top 50 of smash 4

Ignoring that it treats early 2015 results the same as Pound or G3, someone like Kanemushi isn't even top 50 because he wasn't in the states but every top player considers him elite.
I guess it makes sense considering Apex evo 2015 was a year ago and times have changed, but there aren't a lot of new japanese players that should be seeded top 32.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Well, to start off, we should probably sort through the list of confirmed attendees and find all the top 32 candidates there?

Is there such a list yet BearUNLV BearUNLV ?

I guess I'll start a list here for now:
  • ZeRo
  • Kamemushi
  • Abadango
  • Nario
  • Dabuz
  • Mew2King
  • Larry Lurr
  • VoiD
  • ANTi
  • Ally
  • Rain
  • Nietono
  • Komorikiri
  • Mr. R
  • Trela
  • Shaky
  • MVD
  • Zinoto
  • ESAM
  • Marss
  • 6WX
  • Vinnie
  • K9sbruce
  • Earth
  • Hyuga
  • Tyrant
  • Tweek
  • NAKAT
  • 9B
  • False
  • Seagull Joe
  • SlayerZ
  • Pink Fresh
  • Mr. Concon
  • Ito
  • Fatality
  • Angel Cortes
  • Ryo

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicTrashBag

Smash Rookie
Here's PG's global PR list for whoever wants to give this a shot. It goes from 50 to 1 at the bottom

• tearbear
  • nick riddle
  • seagull joe
  • 8bitman
  • cacogen
  • ryo
  • megafox
  • scatt
  • istudying
  • fatality
  • falln
  • xzax
  • angel cortes
  • ito
  • concon
  • false
  • nakat
  • earth
  • nietono
  • static manny
  • pink fresh
  • slayerz
  • m2k
  • k9
  • rain
  • trela
  • hyuga
  • zinoto
  • tyrant
  • mvd
  • 6wx
  • leo
  • vinnie
  • 9b
  • shaky
  • tweek
  • esam
  • marss
  • fow
  • komorikiri
  • anti
  • ranai
  • void
  • larry
  • ally
  • abadango
  • mr r
  • dabuz
  • nairo
  • zero

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
personal opinion

1. ZeRo
2. Nairo
3. Larry Lurr
4. Dabuz
5. Ally
6. Mr. R
7. Abandango
8. VoiD
9. Anti
10. Kamemushi
11. ESAM
12. Zinoto
13. FOW
14: Marss
15. Mew2King
16. Trela
17. Ranai
18. Komorikiri
19. Hyuga
20. Earth
21. Tweek
22. Vinnie
23. K9
24. Nietono
25. Rain
26. Shaky
27. Tyrant
28. MVD
29. False
30. 9B
31. Scatt
32. 6WX

I'm assuming Leo isn't attending or he'd be a top 10 seed.

-ZeRo is still the best, no question.
-Nairo is inconsistent, but I think he's a safe bet for second seed right now.
-Dabuz doesn't attend a lot, the last major he attended he got 9th, etc. Lurr's recent amazing runs should be more than enough to solidify him the third seed.
-Ally gets 5th seed due to GOML win. Mr. R is amazing and his 7th place was due to a run in with ZeRo, but I think Ally's recent accomplishments net him a higher seed for EVO. CEO's results will likely change perspectives one way or another, since it will be the most important tournament post-G3 pre-EVO.
-Abandango and VoiD seeded lower than the rest due to consistency issues. Then again, VoiD did injure his hand at Mexico Saga, but it's hard to ignore the 7th at Momocon.
-Anti seems top 10 and has a better track record than most below him, also has his recent double elimination of ZeRo to get behind.
-I think Kamemushi's sheer consistency in Japan is reminiscent of Ranai, i.e., using a tricky unconventional character and placing extremely well consistently in a region not known for its consistency.
-ESAM has been on a tear lately with his wins at Paradigm Shift and Combo Breaker, against the best U.S. Bayo at full power, no less. Used to be skeptical, but I think he's a solid 11th pick considering his history and recent upswing in results.
-Zinoto's results are nuts. Underrated player who's done really well, worst recent placing was, what, 7th at Combo Breaker?
-FOW is FOW. Frequently top 8s at supermajors, best Ness by a long shot, his only recent falter was the upset by Saiki at EXPO.
-Marss, similarly, does really well at majors. Super good player, seems like a high seed.
-Mew2King generally does well at tournies but until his win vs. ZeRo he hadn't won a lot of sets that would've put him on the map. I think he'll do well, and deserves top half of the seeds.
-Trela's a monster. I may be underrating him.

i might explain the other half later but I think the only really controversial one would be Ranai, but he hasn't done that well lately and has shifted gears to SFV. I'm not even sure he'll get Top 32.

AnDEh92

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0189-9322-6264
S | 1st | Zero
A | 2nd - 8th | Nairo, Dabuz, Mr R, Abadango, Larry Lurr, Ally, , MKLeo
B | 9th - 16th | Mew2King, Ranai, Komorikiri, Void, ANTi, Marsss, Trela, Kamemushi
C | 17th - 21st | Fow, Tweek, ESAM, Hyuga, Zinoto
D | 22nd - 32nd | 9B, Rain, Earth, Nietono, Shaky, Tyrant, Vinnie, 6WX, Scatt, SlayerZ, Fatality
E | Players to Consider after Top32 | MVD, K9, Pink Fresh, Nakat, False, Nickriddle, Ryo

My thoughts on a Top32, no idea who is not going.

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Here's my list for whoever is doing the compiling:

ZeRo
Dabuz
Nairo
Mr. R
Kamemushi
Abadango
Ally
Larry Lurr
Ranai
ANTi*
VoiD
FOW
Marss
Hyuga
Mew2King
Komorikiri
ESAM
Tweek
Trela
RAIN
Zinoto
Nietono
Shaky
Earth
6WX
Vinnie
Fatality
9B
Tyrant
NAKAT
False
Regi

*If, by chance,
Leo is in attendance, put him here (10th) and move everyone else down a spot

Also, I'll probably revisit this after Nairo decides the 3-4 players he's going to fly out.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So, I could easily be wrong with this, so if anyone notices somebody wrongly placed or ignored when they shouldn't, just let me know.

Anyway:

1:ZeRo (:4diddy::4cloud:)

2:Nairo (:4zss:)

3:Dabuz (:rosalina:)

4:Ally (:4mario:)

5:Mr. R (:4sheik:)

6:Kamemushi (:4megaman:)

7:Trela (:4ryu:)

8:Void (:4sheik:)

9:Larry Lurr (:4fox::4dk:)

10:Abadango (:4mewtwo::4diddy:)

11:Zinoto (:4diddy:)

12:MKLeo (:4cloud2::4metaknight::4marth:)

13:Marrss (:4zss:)

14:Mew2King (:4cloud2:)

15:FOW (:4ness:)

16:Anti (:substitute:) (I see everyone placing him higher though, am I missing something?)

17:Ranai (:4villager:) (Thia one is confusing to placedue to his hiatus)

18:Komoirkiri (:4cloud2::4sonic:)

19:9B (?)

20:Esam (:4pikachu::4corrin:)

21:Hyuga (:4tlink:)

22:Tweek (:4cloud2:)

23:Earth (:4pit:)

24:Tyrant (:4sheik::4diddy::4metaknight:)

25:6WX (:4sonic:)

26:Shaky (:4ness:)

27:Fatality (:4falcon:)

28:Rain (:4sheik:)

29:Nietono (:4diddy:)

30:Scatt (:4megaman:)

31:Vinnie (:4sheik:)

32:MVD (:4diddy:)

33:False (:4marth::4sheik:)

34:K9 (:4sheik:)

35:SlayerZ (:4peach:)

36:pink Fresh (:4bayonetta:)

37:Nakat (:4ness::4pikachu::4fox:)

38:Falln (:rosalina:)

39:Nick Riddle (:4zss:)

40:idk tbh (Anybody have any ideas?)

I decided to add in 40 players in case of players not coming, although even then 40 probably isn't needed considering there is 3000 entrants.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So here is my list (Prob going to change once Naro decides the 3 players he is going to fly)

1.Zero :4diddy::4sheik::4cloud2:
2.Nairo:4zss:
3.Dabuz:rosalina:
4.Ally:4mario:(:4cloud2:?)
5.Larry Lurr:4fox:
6.Mr.R:4sheik:
7.Kamemushi:4megaman:
8.Trela:4ryu:
9.Anti:substitute:
10.Abadango:4mewtwo::4diddy:
11.Void:4sheik:
12.Marss:4zss:
13.M2K:4cloud2:
14.Zinoto:4diddy:
15.FOW:4ness:
16.ESAM:4pikachu::4corrinf:
17.Hyuga:4tlink:
18.Komorikiri:4cloud2::4sonic:
19.Ranai:4villager:
20.Tweek:4cloud2:
21.Earth:4pit:
22.Tyrant:4sheik::4diddy::4metaknight:
23.6WX:4sonic:
24.Scatt:4megaman:
25.9b:4mewtwo:
26.K9:4sheik:
27.Fatality:4falcon:
28.Nietono:4diddy:
29.Shaky:4ness:
30.False:4marth::4sheik:
31.MVD:4diddy:
32.Vinnie:4sheik:

EDIT:MK Leo:4cloud2::4metaknight:would be 6 and everyone else would move down

Illuminose

Smash Ace
ok so if nairo actually flies out some of the people being considered under his fund (kirihara, shuton, some, and ken) then kirihara, ken, and shuton should definitely be in the top 32 seeds. BearUNLV BearUNLV I know these picks will be under the radar for many players because they are less well-known than other top japanese players, but they're commonly known as some of the best players in japan by japanese players, regarded very highly and have the results to back it up. saying this outright because they are demonstrably at the level of players like 9b, earth, rain, and nietono but aren't as well-known because they go to fewer events and don't travel outside japan. therefore most people won't consider them.

1. ZeRo:4diddy::4sheik::4cloud:
2. Nairo:4zss:
3. Dabuz:rosalina:
4. Mr. R:4sheik:
5. Larry Lurr:4fox::4dk::substitute:
6. Ally:4mario:+sword wielders
7. Kamemushi:4megaman::4cloud::substitute:
8. Abadango:4mewtwo::4metaknight:
---
9-17
Void:4sheik::4fox:
Marss:4zss:
Komorikiri:4cloud::4sonic:
Ranai:4villager:
Mew2King:4cloud:
Rain:4cloud::4sheik::4diddy:
Zinoto:4diddy:
Nietono:4diddy:
Tweek:4cloud:
---
18-25
ESAM:4pikachu:
9B:4mewtwo:?
Trela:4ryu:
FOW:4ness:
Kirihara:rosalina:
Hyuga:4tlink:
KEN:4sonic:
Shaky:4ness:
---
26-32
Vinnie:4sheik::rosalina::4cloud:
Tyrant:4metaknight::4sheik:
SlayerZ:4peach:
Earth:4pit:
False:4sheik::4marth::4ryu::4luigi:
Shuton:4olimar::4corrinf:
K9:4sheik::4diddy:

The reason I put them in blocks is that seeding isn't just ranking players, you have to avoid some of the regional interactions among these players and stuff like that so they're just in tiers below the top 8 seeding.
Top 8 seeds:
- ZeRo as the #1 seed is obvious even if he loses every event until evo because there is no one with a clear streak of consistency to replace him unless ZeRo's results become more inconsistent than they are now, which I think is unlikely and probably still wouldn't change much with only a few more tournaments between now and EVO.
- Putting Nairo as the 2 seed feels weird to me, but it's very hard to justify putting anyone else there really. Nairo has shown inconsistency in 2016 but ultimately also the ability to beat anyone and everyone with the placings to show it...including his past performances, it's really hard to put him lower.
- On the heels of a 9th place finish at Pound and relatively inactive 2016, but I think it would be a disservice to Dabuz's accomplishments, consistency, and previously shown level of play to seed him any lower than this.
- Mr. R's play throughout the first half of 2016 has been pretty incredible, compiling wins on all of the this game's best players and generally showing a pretty remarkable level of consistency and play. Has placed below top 4 only once since Genesis 3 with set wins over players like Nairo, Dabuz, Ally, ANTi, Abadango, Komorikiri, Void, Mew2King, Zinoto, 9B, ESAM, Tweek, and Hyuga. The fact that he has beaten so many players on this list and placed consistently well puts him over anyone else. Larry's amazing runs recently speak for themselves and he's similar to Mr. R in many ways results-wise, but he's listed under Mr. R because his consistency in beating top level players is slightly more questionable considering that he goes to game 5 with everyone. Definitely a player that can beat anyone but also lose to anyone (relative), whereas it's harder to see Mr. R losing to certain players.
- Ally is boosted very high by GOML and his amazing play at Pound to get 1st and 2nd respectively. A consistent and relentless top level threat, not really much else to say here.
- Kamemushi is a controversial pick, but given his remarkble consistency in Japan (a region that is notorious for inconsistent results) and the fact that he's currently the best player there I think it'd be crazy to seed him lower. Has wins over everyone in Japan, hasn't traveled yet but EVO is his chance and we have a clear idea that he's better than Abadango so if we seed relative to that then this is a good place to put him. Abadango is up high for his win at Pound and generally fantastic overseas results given how much he's been able to travel (only ever placecd below top 8 once)...yeah. He makes Nairo and Dabuz look easy to beat...close with Mr. R, decimated Ally, decimated Void twice, etc. Clearly a formidable opponent with all kinds of results.

9-17:
- ANTi's win over ZeRo boosts him higher, alongside consistent placings and many top level wins with some of the best player vs player records of anyone...yeah.
- Void's results speak for themselves, though he hasn't been placing quite as high after the Sheik nerfs including a string of rather inconsistent/not as high placings in SoCal, though he's not necessarily placing bad.
- Marss has his Genesis and Pound results with not much else, clearly at this level of play though considering how amazing those 2 placements were and the wins he's racked up.
- Komorikiri's consistency in Japan is only rivaled by Kamemushi, cementing this spot for him despite his I guess lackluster (still placed well) performances at G3.
- Ranai is only this low because of his poor placements in Japan after G3 and the sense that he's 'dropped off' ie other players deserve credit, but his G3 kinda speaks for itself.
- M2K has had highs and lows, but the ability to beat anyone and the caliber of play he's shown alongside fantastic placements at stacked tournaments make him a shoo-in for this.
- Rain is another player with highs and lows, but has shown such dominant levels of play at his peak when he wins tournaments and places high, alongside great placements, in the US, that he belongs here.
- Zinoto and Nietono are the Diddys essentially in parallel universes, both getting 25th at Genesis 3 and incredible results in their respective regions since then.

18-25:
- ESAM and 9B are the 'inconsistent but ridiculous peak' players who have shown placements where they look like top 10 players but others where they look like no better than say Tyrant. This is a good middle ground.
- Tweek has been placing amazingly since the switch to Cloud (Pound and Shots Fired 2), but our sample size is still too small to seed him higher than this.
- Trela literally has not dropped a single tournament since his return, but he's also been inconsistent in the past and the sample size of results is small. Similarish to Tweek but a much more condensed timespan with higher placings in that short timespan.
- FOW's G3 and EVO top 8s speak for themselves, but the sample size in majors for him is so small and all other indicators (mainly 2GGTs and LVL Up Expo) have seen FOW with much worse losses and inconsistent performances, leaving reason to believe that he wouldn't perform as well given a larger tournament sample size.
- Kirihara got 4th at Umebura FAT, the biggest tournament in Japan ever. Apart from that in 2016 we have his impressive placements of 4th at SHIG Tournament and Umebura Genesis Cup. There aren't many recent results from him because he is unable to attend too many tournaments, but in these few tournaments he has wins over players such as Ranai, Edge, Kamemushi, Rain, Umeki, Ryuji, KEN, and Nyanko and has never placed outside top 5. Given the level of his wins, placements, and massive respect he has among Japanese players (regarded as one of the top players in Japan) it seems reasonable to seed him here.
- Shaky is a consistent threat at large tournaments, with top 8 at Paragon LA and CEO 2015 as well as 9th at Genesis 3. Doesn't travel a lot but we kind of know he's insanely good.
- Hyuga has only placed well in the US (4th at Mexico Saga, Do or DI, and Midwest Mayhem + 9th at Genesis 3 and Pound stand out) and has wins over players like Nairo, Ally, ANTi, Zinoto, Vinnie, K9, and more. This kinda speaks for itself, not going to go much further.
- KEN is a model for consistency in Japan, having won tournaments and rarely placing below top 8. Some of his highlight placings are 1st at Umebura 22, 3rd at KSB 2016, 5th at SHIG Tournament, 7th at Umebura Genesis Cup, and 2nd at Umebura 20 accruing wins over Rain, Nietono, Kamemushi, Earth, and Shuton.

27-32:
- Tyrant has always been a threat with great placings at big tournaments and being ranked 3rd in one of the most stacked regions in the world, alongside many wins over good players. Tyrant has never really broken the ceiling of top top players though so he shouldn't really be seeded higher than this.
- SlayerZ has consistently placed well at large tournaments he's attended, a consistent presence that is a threat to pretty much anyone depending on how well he plays/performs, solidified by past wins over players like Ally and ESAM and incredible top 8 finish at Paragon LA (17th at G3).
- Vinnie quit for a bit but has had amazing performances including good placements since his return. In the past he was one of the few players to beat ZeRo and has great performances like top 8 at Big House but also some lackluster ones and no wins against top 10 players outside ZeRo to justify seeding him any higher.
- Earth placed high at G3 (13th) and has always been a top level contender in Japan, though inconsistent at times. Not much to say here because this stuff speaks for tiself.
- False is known for 'choking' but has pretty much always placed very well. Has shown insane peaks and good performances repeatedly, such as his tear to take 2nd at 2GGT The False Awakens beating Larry Lurr and Trela, 1st at Midwest Mayhem 3 taking sets over ESAM and Angel Cortes, never placing below 5th at a KTAR event, and 13th at EVO
- Shuton is a bit of quirky pick, but given that he's regarded as a top level player in Japan despite his low attendance speaks volumes for how good Shuton is. He got 2nd at Umebura 22 being the last person to take Kamemushi out of a tournament and beating Nietono, as well as achieving a high level of dominance in his own region within Japan. This is probably the least results-based pick on this list, but I'm also pretty confident in it considering how incredible a player Shuton has displayed himself to be.
- K9 has never turned up big at a major but has tons of incredible results and wins in SoCal that speak for themselves -- too many to list.

PSIpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Here would be my input on a list

1. ZeRo:4diddy::4cloud2::4sheik:
2. Nairo:4zss:
3. Dabuz:rosalina:
4. Ally:4mario:
5. Larry Lurr:4fox::4dk::4mario:
6. Abadango:4mewtwo:
7. Mr.R:4sheik:
8. VoiD:4sheik::4fox:

9-12
Kamemushi:4megaman:
Anti:substitute:
Komorikiri:4cloud2::4sonic:
FOW:4ness:

13-16
ESAM:4pikachu::4corrin:
Marss:4zss:
M2K:4cloud2:
Hyuga:4tlink:

17-24

Trela:4ryu:
Shaky:4ness:
Zinoto:4diddy:
Tweek:4cloud2:
Earth:4pit::4corrinf:
Vinnie:4sheik:
Tyrant:4metaknight::4sheik::4diddy:
Ranai:4villager:

25-32

Nietono:4diddy:
SlayerZ:4peach:
K9:4sheik::4diddy:
6WX:4sonic:
ScAtt:4megaman:
Fatality:4falcon:
Regi:4gaw:
Rain:4cloud2::4sheik::4diddy:

I'll probably end up editing this once we know who else besides Komo is being sent to EVO by Nairo, as well as with the next few results from the upcoming tourneys before EVO.

Last edited:

iceman012

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit bored, so here's a list of tournament placings with top players so far this year (may have missed a few top players that I didn't recognize, however).

Dismantle 2 (1/2) (259)
1. Nairo
2. Dabuz
3. Ally
4. DKWill
5. Vinnie
7. Zinoto
9. MVD

2GGT: ESAM Saga (1/9) (187 Players)
1. ZeRo
2. VoiD
3. K9
4. Tyrant
5. Larry Lurr
5. ESAM
7. falln

Wombo Wednesday (1/14) (141 Players)
1. Komorikiri
2. Ranai
3. Ally
4. Shaky
5. 9B

KTAR 16 (1/9) (192 Players)
1. Nairo
2. Dabuz
3. False
5. Angel Cortes
7. 6WX
17. Tweek

Genesis 3 (1/15) (1096 Players)
1. ZeRo
2. Dabuz
3. Ranai
4. VoiD
5. FOW
5. Nairo
7. Marss
7. Larry Lurr
9. Hyuga
9. Ally
9. Mr. R
9. Shaky
13. 6WX
13. Tyrant
13. ESAM
13. Earth
17. Fatality
17. Cacogen
17. Trela
17. Xzax
17. SlayerZ
17. Ito
17. Komorikiri
25. RAIN
25. Zinoto
25. Mr. ConCon
25. Nietono
25. Nakat
25. DKWill
25. RIN
33. Umeki
33. Angel Cortes
33. 8BitMan
33. Vinnie
33. MVD
33. Tearbear
33. Tweek
33. falln
33. Seagul Joe
49. 9B
49. K9
49. Abadango
49. False
65. Ryo

PAX Arena (1/29) (256 Players)
1. ZeRo
2. VoiD
3. Vinnie
4. FOW
5. ANTi
7. Nakat
7. ESAM
9. M2K
13. MegaFox

2GGT: The False Awakens (1/30) (204 Players)
1. Tyrant
2. False
3. Larry Lurr
4. Trela
7. falln
7. TearBear
13. Xzax

Niconico Tokagai (1/30) (7 Players)
1. Abadango
2. Nairo
3. Komorikiri
7. Ranai

2/3/16 - Patch 1.1.4 Released (Bayo, Corrin)

TGC 6 (2/6) (400 Players)
1. Dabuz
1. Nick Riddle
1. ESAM
1. Vinnie
5. Hyuga
5. MVD
13. Megafox

KTAR 17 (2/13) (155 Players)
1. Marss
3. Tweek
9 6WX
13. Dabuz
17. Nairo

BEAST 6 (2/19) (267 Players)
1. Mr. R
2. iStudying
3. ESAM
4. MVD

Landlocked (2/20) (172 Players)
1. Zinoto
3. Dabuz
4. Ally

2GGT: EE Saga (2/27) (195 Players)
1. Zero
2. Larry Lurr
3. Void
4. falln
5. Xzax
5. K9
7. Mr. ConCon
9. Zenyou
13. Tyrant

3/15/16 - Patch 1.1.5 Released (Shiek, ZSS, MK nerfed)

Shots Fired 2 (3/5) (162 Players)
1. Nairo
2. Mr. R
3. Tweek
4. Dabuz
5. M2K
5. 9B
7. K9
7. Anti
9. Ranai
9. Ryo
9. Ally
13. ESAM
13. Hyuga
13. 6WX
13. MVD

Do or DI (3/11) (59 Players)
1. Dabuz
2. Anti
3. Nairo
4. Hyuga
5. Angel Cortes
7. Tweek
9. 6WX

Come to Papa (3/19) (162 Players)
1. MVD
2. Ryo

2GGT: FOW Saga (3/26) (356 Players)
1. Nairo
2. Larry Lurr
3. Tearbear
4. FOW
5. K9
5. falln
7. Void
9. Mr ConCon

Pound 2016 (4/2) (513 Players)
1. Abadango
2. Ally
3. Marss
4. Mr. R
5. Tweek
5. VoiD
7. Larry Lurr
7. Pink Fresh
9. Dabuz
9. Hyuga
9. ESAM
13. Scatt
13. NAKAT
13. K9sbruce
17. Angel Cortes
17. False
17. MVD
25. iStudying
49. Nairo

Super Smash on the Hill (4/16) (191 Players)
1. Dabuz
2. Mr. R
3. Marss
5. False

Fusion 3 (4/16) (165 Players)
1. Scatt
2. Ryo
3. M2K
4. Fatlity
5. 6WX

EGLX (4/29) (164 Players)
1. Nairo
2. Ally
3. Mew2King

Midwest Mayhem 2 (4/30) (234 Players)
1. Zinoto
2. Tyroy
3. Abadango
4. Void
7. iStudying

5/20/16 - Patch 1.1.6 Released (Bayo nerfed)

2GGT: Fresh Saga (5/7) (338 Players)
1. Trela
2. Void
3. Tyrant
4. FOW
5. SlayerZ
5. Xzax
7. K9
9. Mr. ConCon
17. Pink Fresh
17. Ryo
25. Tearbear

BAM 8 (5/13) (260 Players)
1. Mr. R
2. Abadango
3. 9B
4. Umeki

LVL UP EXPO (5/14) (172 Players)
1. Nairo
2. VoiD
3. Larry Lurr
4. Scatt
5. Tyrant
7. K9
7. falln
9. Fow
9. Xzax

GOML 2016 (5/20) (489 Players)
1. Ally
2. Zero
3. Larry Lurr
4. Nairo
5. M2K
5. MK Leo
7. Mr. R
7 ANTi
9. DKWill
17. iStudying
17. False

Invasion 5 (5/21) (78 Players)
1. Dabuz
2. Marss
13. Angel Cortes

MomoCon (5/26) (204 Players)
1. Nairo
2. Ally
5. Mew2King
5. Vinnie
7. VoiD
9. 6WX
9. Seagul Joe
9. Fatality
17. Scatt

CATI 3 (5/28) (100 Players)
1. Trela
2. Larry Lurr

2GGT: Mexico Saga (6/4) (413 Players)
1. Larry Lurr
2. Zero
3. Zinoto
4. Hyuga
5. K9
7. falln
7. Tyrant
9. Tearbear
9. Xzax
13. SlayerZ
17. Mr. ConCon
17. VoiD

TGC 8 (6/4) (128 Players)
1. Trela
2. Vinnie
5. Megafox

WNF 2.5 (6/8) (69 Players)
1. ANTi
2. ZeRo
3. K9
4. Mr. ConCon

Umebura Power Rankings (5/1)
1. KEN
2. Komorikiri
3. RAIN
4. Nietono
5. Shuton
6. Kamemushi
7. 9B
8. Motsunabe
9. Abadango
10. Hayato
11. Shu
12. Eim
13. Ranai
14. Sigma
15. Choco
18. Earth

Sumabato 7 (2/11) (280 Players)
1. Komorikiri
2. Sigma
4. Atelier
13. 9B

Umebura 21 (2/11) (180 Players)
1. RAIN
2. Hayato
3. Nietono
5. Eim
7. Umeki
7. Kamemushi
9. Shu
9. Abadango
9. Choco

Sumabato 8 (3/12) (230 Players)
1. Komorikiri
2. 9B
4. Earth
7. Kamemushi
13. Sigma

TUS Tournament 4 (3/19) (> 96 Players)
1. Abadango
3. Kamemushi
4. KEN
33. Umeki

Sumabato 9 (4/9) (144 Players)
1. 9B
2. Nasubi
3. Atelier
4. Earth
13. Komorikiri

Umebura 22 (4/23) (192 Players)
1. KEN
2. Shuton
3. Nietono
4. Kamemushi
5. Eim
9. 9B
9. Abadango
25. Umeki
33. Earth
33. Choco
65. RAIN

Kurobura 1 (4/30) (128 Players)
1. Kamemushi
2. Umeki
5. Nietono

KSB 2016 (5/1) (116 Players)
1. Kamemushi
2. Komorikiri
3. KEN
5. Nasubi
7. 9B
7. Earth
9. Ranai
9. Atalier

Umebura 23 (5/21) (219 Players)
1. Kamemushi
2. Rain
3. Nietono
17. Eim
17. Choco
17. KEN
33. Abadango
33. Earth
49. Umeki

Sumabato 10 (5/29) (181 Players)
1. Earth
2. Sigma
5. Nasubi
13. Atelier

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Guys, I'd really appreciate if you put your lists in Spoiler Tags.
I will be doing edits to the previous posts, but please keep it in mind for future ones.
I might or not make a list myself later.
:196:

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
personal opinion

1. ZeRo
2. Nairo
3. Larry Lurr
4. Dabuz
5. Ally
6. Mr. R
7. Abandango
8. VoiD
9. Anti
10. Kamemushi
11. ESAM
12. Zinoto
13. FOW
14: Marss
15. Mew2King
16. Trela
17. Ranai
18. Komorikiri
19. Hyuga
20. Earth
21. Tweek
22. Vinnie
23. K9
24. Nietono
25. Rain
26. Shaky
27. Tyrant
28. MVD
29. False
30. 9B
31. Scatt
32. 6WX

I'm assuming Leo isn't attending or he'd be a top 10 seed.

-ZeRo is still the best, no question.
-Nairo is inconsistent, but I think he's a safe bet for second seed right now.
-Dabuz doesn't attend a lot, the last major he attended he got 9th, etc. Lurr's recent amazing runs should be more than enough to solidify him the third seed.
-Ally gets 5th seed due to GOML win. Mr. R is amazing and his 7th place was due to a run in with ZeRo, but I think Ally's recent accomplishments net him a higher seed for EVO. CEO's results will likely change perspectives one way or another, since it will be the most important tournament post-G3 pre-EVO.
-Abandango and VoiD seeded lower than the rest due to consistency issues. Then again, VoiD did injure his hand at Mexico Saga, but it's hard to ignore the 7th at Momocon.
-Anti seems top 10 and has a better track record than most below him, also has his recent double elimination of ZeRo to get behind.
-I think Kamemushi's sheer consistency in Japan is reminiscent of Ranai, i.e., using a tricky unconventional character and placing extremely well consistently in a region not known for its consistency.
-ESAM has been on a tear lately with his wins at Paradigm Shift and Combo Breaker, against the best U.S. Bayo at full power, no less. Used to be skeptical, but I think he's a solid 11th pick considering his history and recent upswing in results.
-Zinoto's results are nuts. Underrated player who's done really well, worst recent placing was, what, 7th at Combo Breaker?
-FOW is FOW. Frequently top 8s at supermajors, best Ness by a long shot, his only recent falter was the upset by Saiki at EXPO.
-Marss, similarly, does really well at majors. Super good player, seems like a high seed.
-Mew2King generally does well at tournies but until his win vs. ZeRo he hadn't won a lot of sets that would've put him on the map. I think he'll do well, and deserves top half of the seeds.
-Trela's a monster. I may be underrating him.

i might explain the other half later but I think the only really controversial one would be Ranai, but he hasn't done that well lately and has shifted gears to SFV. I'm not even sure he'll get Top 32.
Abadango has been one of the most consistent players with American results only, and he has enough to back it up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm going to post a list, including reasons, later.

All I'll say for now is that almost all of you underrate Zinoto.

:059:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I'm going to post a list, including reasons, later.

All I'll say for now is that almost all of you underrate Zinoto.

Even I felt that although I placed him at 14th he could be even higher. Probably the most slept on player and 2nd best Diddy.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'mma beat the players in those top 32 lists even if I'm not listed.

Forever underrated.

:018:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'mma beat the players in those top 32 lists even if I'm not listed.

Forever underrated.

:018:
I don't think you're top 32, but it will be funny when somebody says "lol, good luck beating the #1 haha".

And then a few minutes later be like "...Wait a minute..."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1.) Zero - safe to say he's the best player and most likely winner of the tournament. Especially once he gets over his hand issues.

2.) Nairo - though other players may stand a better chance in a direct confrontation against Zero, Nairo is still the one who wins tournaments that Zero doesn't attend/win.

3.) Larry Lurr - this dude's results are COMPLETELY out of control these days. Double eliminated Zero, beat Mr r and M2K as well as Zinoto ... and even when he loses to somebody like Ally it's always close. Void is the only player who consistently shuts him down atm.

4.) Ally - very, very consistent player. Very hard to upset and consistently in top 5 or higher.

5.) Zinoto - has a winning record against M2K and dabuz and is pretty even against Ally. Only loses to super-top players like Zero and Larry, really. And the odd Diddy ditto I guess.

6.) Kamemushi - the best and most consistent player in a region that's notoriously hard to be consistent in.

7.) Mr r - international top level threat. Consistent and has yet to suffer an upset I think. Having a hard time seeing him place higher than 4th though, ngl.

8.) dabuz - harder to seed than other players in the top 8. Could possibly win the whole tournament but at the same time his performance will depend more on his bracket than for the rest of top 8. If he can avoid top level Cloud players he could win it all, if he's unlucky he may not make top 12. Still a monster though.

Everything else is pretty much impossible to seed accurately tbh.

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
Will compile a list myself later when I have time, but for now would like to say I've heard murmurs here and there in Michigan that Rayquaza might be breaking trend and travel outside Michigan for once to EVO. If that's the case, I don't know where in top 32 but his skill level warrants discussion of being in top 32 somewhere. Also, Kamemushi should not be seeded above Abadango. Please stop.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Will compile a list myself later when I have time, but for now would like to say I've heard murmurs here and there in Michigan that Rayquaza might be breaking trend and travel outside Michigan for once to EVO. If that's the case, I don't know where in top 32 but his skill level warrants discussion of being in top 32 somewhere. Also, Kamemushi should not be seeded above Abadango. Please stop.
I think Falln is more worth discussing. Rayquaza did good at TBH5 but most other players people talk about have a greater pool of accomplishments.

Jjab430

Smash Cadet
Umebura 21
Abadango 9th - Kamemushi 7th

Umebura 22
Abadango 9th - Kamemushi 4th

Umebura 23
Abadango 33rd - Kamemushi 1st
Abadango: 7th at Apex, 4th at EVO, 7th at Big House, 1st at Niconico Tokaigi, 1st at Pound 2016, 2nd at BAM8

3-1 in sets with Nairo, 2-1 with Dabuz (2-0 if you don't include Apex), 3-1 with Komorikiri, 1-1 with Ally (winning their most recent encounter in a dominant fashion), 2-0 with Void, 1-1 in recent sets with Mr. R, 1-0 with Marss

Kamemushi: 2-1 with Komorikiri, 1-0 with Nietono, 2-3 with Rain, 2-0 with 9B. I might be wrong, but I don't think he has any other notable wins.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Abadango: 7th at Apex, 4th at EVO, 7th at Big House, 1st at Niconico Tokaigi, 1st at Pound 2016, 2nd at BAM8

3-1 in sets with Nairo, 2-1 with Dabuz (2-0 if you don't include Apex), 3-1 with Komorikiri, 1-1 with Ally (winning their most recent encounter in a dominant fashion), 2-0 with Void, 1-1 in recent sets with Mr. R, 1-0 with Marss

Kamemushi: 2-1 with Komorikiri, 1-0 with Nietono, 1-0 with Rain, 2-0 with 9B. I might be wrong, but I don't think he has any other notable wins.
Yea, but Kamemushi has litertatly never played an overseas player, and is consistant in japan unlike Abadango, who also has worse records aganist many japanese players.

PSIpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Yea, but Kamemushi has litertatly never played an overseas player, and is consistant in japan unlike Abadango, who also has worse records aganist many japanese players.
Yes, but Abadango has stated before that he typically doesn't try as much in Japan compared to in the states, as there is no prize for winning the tourneys over there.

Mr Arch

Smash Rookie
Since the community is supposed to compile a seeding list, and we currently have many different lists, I would imagine that we need someone to compile them all together at some point in time. People are obviously going to change their opinions, and thus their lists, as a result of the discussion here, but at some point we'll need to have one unified list. Is there someone who is already planning on doing this, or is it undecided as of yet? I might be interested in doing some sort of synthesis of the communities opinions if no one else is, or even in addition to/collaboration with another community member.

Last edited:

Illuminose

Smash Ace

Kamemushi: 2-1 with Komorikiri, 1-0 with Nietono, 1-0 with Rain, 2-0 with 9B. I might be wrong, but I don't think he has any other notable wins.
Ok, look at it this way.

Ranai was seeded over Abadango at Genesis. Why? Because we know he's the best player in Japan, and that Abadango clearly isn't.

No one was arguing that Abadango should be seeded over Ranai at G3. Just because Kamemushi isn't quite as well-known doesn't invalidate his accomplishments in Japan, where he is clearly significantly more consistent and clearly above Abadango. Same situation, different player, Kamemushi should get the nod.

Mr Arch

Smash Rookie
I have a couple statistics from the lists submitted so far. It's a small sample size, so not necessarily representative of the community as a whole, but it can lead to some discussion.

Everyone agreed that Abadango, Ally, Dabuz, Earth, ESAM, Hyuga, Kamemushi, Komorikiri, Larry Lurr, Marss, Mr. R, Nairo, Shaky, Trela, Tweek, Tyrant, VoiD, ZeRo, and Zinoto were in the top 32.

Others that were on almost everyone's lists, and possibly should have been on all of them, were 6WX, 9B, ANTi, Mew2King, Ranai, and Vinnie.

That's 26, leaving 6 spots still open for top 32. Some other popular picks included False, Fatality, FOW, K9sbruce, MVD, RAIN, and ScAtt.

A lot of this could change when we have more accurate numbers for who is for sure going to EVO, but this looks like a decent place to start. Due to the small sample size, it is very possible certain regions were underrated, most notably Japan.

Despite the problems, the data can at least help us get to a starting point as to who should be in the top 32. We will need to establish specific seeds eventually, but I think it will be much easier if we have a set pool of players we are choosing from.

I propose that we try to make a list of 40-some candidates for the top 32, since it is very possible that players who we would put in the top 32 will not be able to make it to the tournament, and some people might have disagreements over who should be just in top 32 and who should be just out of it.

By the way, if anyone who has already submitted a tier list makes any changes to it, it would be helpful if you message me to inform me of changes so I don't have to always be checking old posts.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am pretty sure Bear will make the compiling himself, and that the compiling results won't necessarily be followed one-to-one on the final seeding.
:196:

Top Bottom