• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Online General Discussion/Social/Thing

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
NOOOOOOOO, I WAS EATING DINNER. CRI

FJDSKFJDSAKLFJDSKLJFKLJDAKLFJDKLJSKLGJDFS
I'm the new ruler of this thread. Behold my magnificence and bow towards me, Mortal. My true reign of terror begins! MUAHAHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHH.

....at least until Twi comes back T~T

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm the new ruler of this thread. Behold my magnificence and bow towards me, Mortal. My true reign of terror begins! MUAHAHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHH.

....at least until Twi comes back T~T

You called? :smirk:

kaazers

Smash Master
Speaking of amiibos, does anyone here own any? I heard they get nasty after they level up some. I can't wait to get beaten up by my own miibo child someday!

Amiiboless over here since I've had no luck finding Ike. I've only seen Kirby, Pikachu, Mario, Zelda, Link, Luigi and Yoshi. Ever.

@ Twili Twili - Still practicing around with Zelderp. Looking forward to our next session on Wednesday, Twizzle-sensei. Wooop!

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I have Zelda, Rosalina, and Pikachu. I'll eventually get Marth, Lucina, maybe some others if I want to.
But for now those three are good enough.

It's not so much they beat you up as they dodge every single thing you do and then. It's just a pain to fight them, especially with the power/defense boost they get. Seriously, whose idea was that to make them take less damage/knockback(???) and deal more?

Ah, I'm proud of you, Kaz
oo my pupil. Keep Zelderping! She'll reward you eventually :awesome:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Speaking of amiibos, does anyone here own any? I heard they get nasty after they level up some. I can't wait to get beaten up by my own miibo child someday!

Amiiboless over here since I've had no luck finding Ike. I've only seen Kirby, Pikachu, Mario, Zelda, Link, Luigi and Yoshi. Ever.

@ Twili Twili - Still practicing around with Zelderp. Looking forward to our next session on Wednesday, Twizzle-sensei. Wooop!
I have Zelda, Sheik, Fox, and Link. But I think I already told you that...oh well.

And yeah, I heard Ike is hard to find. I think scalpers are your only option now...same with me for Lucario.

Oh, and tell me all about your wonderful Zelderp adventures.
I have Zelda, Rosalina, and Pikachu. I'll eventually get Marth, Lucina, maybe some others if I want to.

It's not so much they beat you up as they dodge every single thing you do and then. It's just a pain to fight them, especially with the power/defense boost they get. Seriously, whose idea was that to make them take less damage/knockback(???) and deal more?

This this this so much. They're even better at reading inputs than lvl 9s! I've found that of they're landing, you can do a quick jab or something to get them to airdodge into the ground, then punish the lag they get.

And the power boost and KB reduction IS annoying. My Fox got addicted to Usmashing after every perfect shield (read: every blocked attack -_-) and it only took 3 or 4 of them to KO me. At least you can combo them easily due to the KB resistance.

Meanwhile my Elevator won't even fully connect until they're at 140%.

Edit: How in the world did you manage to even get a Rosalina?

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
This this this so much. They're even better at reading inputs than lvl 9s! I've found that of they're landing, you can do a quick jab or something to get them to airdodge into the ground, then punish the lag they get.

And the power boost and KB reduction IS annoying. My Fox got addicted to Usmashing after every perfect shield (read: every blocked attack -_-) and it only took 3 or 4 of them to KO me. At least you can combo them easily due to the KB resistance.

Meanwhile my Elevator won't even fully connect until they're at 140%.

Edit: How in the world did you manage to even get a Rosalina?
They're so hype to fight between levels 20 and 30 since they actually copy you; then they start playing like bread rolls. And it all goes downhill from there. I don't even want to fight mine anymore, but reset her and just keep training until level 30 before resetting again, just to relive those glory levels.

The whiffing Elevators... literally the worst. I get so irritated thinking THIS SHOULD HAVE KILLED A NORMAL PLAYER BY NOW WHAT THE HECK. Sigh.

I bought a Japanese one off of Nin-Nin Games.

Never. Again.
It took over two months to get to my house. :glare:
But at least I have her now. And a snazzy Japanese box to boot.

D

Deleted member

They're so hype to fight between levels 20 and 30 since they actually copy you; then they start playing like bread rolls. And it all goes downhill from there. I don't even want to fight mine anymore, but reset her and just keep training until level 30 before resetting again, just to relive those glory levels.

The whiffing Elevators... literally the worst. I get so irritated thinking THIS SHOULD HAVE KILLED A NORMAL PLAYER BY NOW WHAT THE HECK. Sigh.

I bought a Japanese one off of Nin-Nin Games.

Never. Again.
It took over two months to get to my house. :glare:
But at least I have her now. And a snazzy Japanese box to boot.
oh my god tHAT BOX. CHIKO=BOY OKAY, NOT LUMA, TWI.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'C' AND 'K', DAN.

Chiko =/= Chico
>:U

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
I almost choked on the potato chip I was eating when I opened Metalbra's gif. DAT ZSS THO.

So they're level 9 CPUs on steroids? Suddenly not so excited to have a father-son match.

I'd like to get an Ike and Robin. Shulk, too, but I'd probably end up giving that to my sister since she mains him (she threatens me whenever I play Shulk in front of her :awesome:). I'll need a Lucina to go with my Robin, too!

At first I wondered why there was such a big gap between "Kaz" and "my" but then I saw. Well played, Twizzle-sensei...

I have Zelda, Sheik, Fox, and Link. But I think I already told you that...oh well.

And yeah, I heard Ike is hard to find. I think scalpers are your only option now...same with me for Lucario.

Oh, and tell me all about your wonderful Zelderp adventures.
Let's hope they restock them! No way is Nintendo blind to the demand. No exaggeration when I say we're all

Twi showed a few d-throw shenanigans, gave a brief rundown of some of Zelda's moves, explained how to Love Jump, and demonstrated her Zelda on a CPU for me to observe... And then we high-5 taunted for 3 minutes, haha. It was fun! We meet up again Wednesday. I'm hoping to go from Zeldawful to Zeldestruction!

Or at least Zeldaverage.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Going to San Francisco tomorrow and the 5 hour plane ride is gonna have wifi...you know what that means. For glory!!!! Let's hope the lag isnt disgusting...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ kaazers kaazers

Youre the most persona obsessed guy i know. Im more of a SMT kinda guy.

...But I found out that JUN is gonna voice the main persona 5 character. (which looks like a lelouch type badass btw)

Then i see the "gameplay tralier" im sold, i wasnt into persona before mainly because when i heard it was a spinoff of SMT (when the first persona came out), i just said pass ever since, (because spinoffs are usually bad :c )

So what persona game should i start off with, the 1st? any suggestions?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where is the queen.

Why is SELENA NOT ON THIS PAGE.

Every page must have Selena on it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ kaazers kaazers

...But I found out that JUN is gonna voice the main persona 5 character. (which looks like a lelouch type badass btw)

Then i see the "gameplay tralier" im sold, i wasnt into persona before mainly because when i heard it was a spinoff of SMT (when the first persona came out), i just said pass ever since, (because spinoffs are usually bad :c )

Hey! Haven't seen you in a while! :bluejump:
Yeah this message was pretty pointless, right

kaazers

Smash Master
@ kaazers kaazers

AHHH, I get asked this the one time I'm not wearing my Persona avis! Let me make myself presentable for you… There we go! I'll resume my KagePro week tomorrow.
BUT YES, Z. DO EEEEEET. You won't regret it! Persona is acknowledged to be one of the few spin-offs that's actually good. Persona 3, 4 and 5 have the Holy Trinity (Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as art director, and Shoji Meguro as composer). They're responsible for the look, feel and sound of the recent Persona games. Soooo since you liked what you saw (who wouldn't?) in that P5 trailer, I recommend you start with Persona 3!

No doubt the older games are good too, but I haven't played them and they're also completely different from 3, 4 and 5. If you want wise words from someone who's played all of them, ask Master! She's been there, done that.

Yes, yes, good. Soon we'll have another convert... all according to plan.

I swear I barely slept the night I saw that trailer. So yeah, maybe I'm a biiiiit obsessed with Persona. Haaha...hah...

Going to San Francisco tomorrow and the 5 hour plane ride is gonna have wifi...you know what that means. For glory!!!! Let's hope the lag isnt disgusting...
Whoaa. The Mile High Smash Club is now a thing? COOL.

edit; Wait... Mile High Smash Club sounds kinda perverted...

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hey! Haven't seen you in a while! :bluejump:
Yeah this message was pretty pointless, right
Hey rick! (no not really)

AHHH, I get asked this the one time I'm not wearing my Persona avis! Let me make myself presentable for you… There we go! I'll resume my KagePro week tomorrow.
BUT YES, Z. DO EEEEEET. You won't regret it! Persona is acknowledged to be one of the few spin-offs that's actually good. Persona 3, 4 and 5 have the Holy Trinity (Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as art director, and Shoji Meguro as composer). They're responsible for the look, feel and sound of the recent Persona games. Soooo since you liked what you saw (who wouldn't?) in that P5 trailer, I recommend you start with Persona 3!

No doubt the older games are good too, but I haven't played them and they're also completely different from 3, 4 and 5. If you want wise words from someone who's played all of them, ask Master! She's been there, done that.

Yes, yes, good. Soon we'll have another convert... all according to plan.

I swear I barely slept the night I saw that trailer. So yeah, maybe I'm a biiiiit obsessed with Persona. Haaha...hah...

Whoaa. The Mile High Smash Club is now a thing? COOL.

edit; Wait... Mile High Smash Club sounds kinda perverted...
That p5 protag fits what I like, I can see that you've taken a liking to him already! but thanks, I shall take your advice and start with 3!

The first ost i heard is just SO good, its jazzy, i heard 4 was pop... lol. I like the artstyle too seems urban. (wait you were planning this?!)
@ Rukia Rukia I'd like your input too, is 3 the way to go? (not that i doubt kaaz lol) but since he said you da masta, then i shall ask thee as well.

(mile high, sounds more of a weed smoking circle to me.... oh wait...lel.)
for those who dont get it, its legal there... and no im not a smoker... i just know DA RULEZ.

kaazers

Smash Master
Hey rick! (no not really)

That p5 protag fits what I like, I can see that you've taken a liking to him already! but thanks, I shall take your advice and start with 3!

The first ost i heard is just SO good, its jazzy, i heard 4 was pop... lol. I like the artstyle too seems urban. (wait you were planning this?!)
@ Rukia Rukia I'd like your input too, is 3 the way to go? (not that i doubt kaaz lol) but since he said you da masta, then i shall ask thee as well.

(mile high, sounds more of a weed smoking circle to me.... oh wait...lel.)
for those who dont get it, its legal there... and no im not a smoker... i just know DA RULEZ.
Masked vigilantes/phantom thieves? Heck yeah, I'm on that! Good luck with P3! It's what started this disgusting obsession of mine, haha. DON'T LET THAT DETER YOU BTW.

And I love the OSTs! Mind you Engrish is a staple of the recent Persona series. If there's singing, there's a good chance you won't understand half of what's being said. God knows I don't, lol. To this day I still hear "Get up on your potato power/ketchup lays all of the whole world" in the P4 opening. Meguro said he had an acid jazz thing going for P5, and it sounds darn good from what I've heard so far. Right up your alley. I know you and dat jazz.

(Yeah, been planning this for a long time. I knew you'd break eventually. They all do. We've already claimed Matsuo and soon… you. Fufufufu.)

Hopefully Master will give you her input soon and you'll get this show on the road.

Mile High…Smash(ed)… Club. Maybe getting high AND drunk? I'll stop.

Last edited:

Rukia

Enamored
I highly suggest you play from the first game. Persona 3 and 4 is where most people tend to start playing because of its popularity, but Persona 1 is good too.

If you have a PS3, PSN sells all 4 Persona games.

D

Deleted member

...Am I the only one who's never played Persona?...
PLZ SOMEONE TELL ME I'M NOT. I DUN WANNA BE ALONE.

kaazers

Smash Master
I highly suggest you play from the first game. Persona 3 and 4 is where most people tend to start playing because of its popularity, but Persona 1 is good too.

If you have a PS3, PSN sells all 4 Persona games.
Da Master has spoken!

Also...Wat. I was under the impression the first two Persona games were only on the PSP/Vita unless you go hunting for the originals. Maybe I'm thinking of the remakes? I never check out the PSN... Welp, I'mma beat the few games I'm working on right now and hop on that Persona train then.

On an unrelated note, it's so nice and warm these days! My body doesn't agree with the cold so I'm pretty happy that spring finally feels like it's arrivedd. I sound like such an old man. Not even gonna deny it.

Just waiting for a nice big spring thunderstorm now! Plz, I need this.
(✧∇✧)╯

JaredK22

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jrdkilr22
3DS FC
2664-2858-9403
Switch FC
SW-1079-9038-3317

I got a Mario amiibo named Mr Phillip. I level him all the way up to 50 in about an 1hour 20 mins using different methods. He's also item trained, team trained and 8 player trained so he got no problems. He's a total monster... T_T
If you want any rare amiibo like Ike you'll probably see them at about $70 - $100+ online on most stores so if want them I'd say to try something like amazon I guess. Unless they're also up for $70+. Then hope you get lucky at a retailer.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Do I have the place to myself?
Ah ha! I have finally achieved my goal of conquering a Social Thread!

Top Bottom