• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Smash 4 Mod Proposal] The Great Character Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I know nothing about modding, but I give this my support. I like the idea, and it does seem well-thought and concrete.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Oh, BTW, in your first post on this thread you said you wanted to bring back Snake. That, may be kind of illegal, as Snake isn't in the game already, so Konami could send a Cease and Decease.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Oh, BTW, in your first post on this thread you said you wanted to bring back Snake. That, may be kind of illegal, as Snake isn't in the game already, so Konami could send a Cease and Decease.
If it's free, it's legal to use their characters.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Wouldn't that mean ANY character that was removed can't be brought back? XD

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Here's a list of the reasonable characters to put in-
1.Snake
2.Wolf
3.Ice Climbers(If Possible)
4.Lucas
5.Mewtwo
Maybe afterwards, we should release the Character Engine, available to everyone, so they can add a character they want, unless it's unstable, or unreasonable to release.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
1.Snake
2.Wolf
4.Lucas
5.Mewtwo
Maybe afterwards, we should release the Character Engine, available to everyone, so they can add a character they want, unless it's unstable, or unreasonable to release.
After that, there could be:

6. Squirtle
7. Ivysaur
8. Young Link
9. And the almighty most hated smash character of all time, Pichu

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
your literally the biggest ****ing idiot i have every encountered if you think you can ****ing mod 3ds or wii u right now

i bet you dont even know ****ing hex

Wait for the
Wii U version, as it will probably have more characters, and you don't want to spend weeks modding Ice Climbers into the game only for them to be included in the Wii U version [If you wanna know what I'm talking about go to the youtube channel in my signature and look at the newest video]
do you know NOTHING about smash 4?
there will be the same amount of characters.
sakurai said this LOOONG ago.

If we were to figure it out, I would 100% want to release the information and an accessible way to add characters into the game to the public. As for adding new characters, we'll see how this goes. I by no means want this to be Project M: Smash 4 Edition, but rather Smash 4+: Turbo Edition, if that makes sense.
NO IT ACTUALLY DOESN'T MAKE ****ING SENSE. PROJECT M WAS MADE TO TURN BRAWLS GAMEPLAY INTO MELEES GAMEPLAY. NOT ****ING CHARACTERS.

1.Snake
2.Wolf
4.Lucas
5.Mewtwo
what ****ing we?
do you know how ****ING HARD IT IS TO CRACK A ****ING FILESYSTEM FOR A CONSOLE
''we should release the Character Engine''
you cant do jack **** so don't even say we
the **** is the character engine, that would NEVER exist,
THERE ISN'T EVEN A FUNCTIONING EMULATOR THAT SUPPORTS 3DS ROMS YET.

As stated before, this is a massive project, and I will need quite a number of experienced and dedicated programmers, artists, modelers, and animators on my team. If you would be interested in contributing, please send me a message and we can talk.
THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU. HOW WOULD YOU EVEN TEST THE ****ING HACK?

''PROGRAMMERS''
''ARTISTS''
''MODELERS''
''ANIMATORS''

YOU DO REALIZE THIS IS NOTHING LIKE MINECRAFT RIGHT?
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FOR ONE
3DS doesn't use a traditional programming.
It uses a form of assembly (i dont know the exact name)
NOT YOUR TRADITIONAL CODING OR ANYTHING SOMEONE HERE IS AN EXPERT ON.
''ARTISTS''
AGAIN, HOW THE **** WOULD YOU RIP SPRITES WITHOUT FIGURING OUT THE FILE SYSTEM?
SAME GOES WITH MODELING AND ANIMATING.

AND DONT THINK THIS IS JUST 3DS
SURE NOW YOU MIGHT BE THINKING
''o yea wiiu=wii''
Not at ****ing all.
We are SUUUUUPPPERRR ****ing far from romhacking Wii U.
3DS seems a more trekked territory.

please get this stick out of your ass and realize that romhacking a game isnt ****ing modding minecraft.

everyone in this thread is literally ****ing stupid
except that mother guy and the ganondorf guy

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
your literally the biggest ****ing idiot i have every encountered if you think you can ****ing mod 3ds or wii u right now

i bet you dont even know ****ing hex

do you know NOTHING about smash 4?
there will be the same amount of characters.
sakurai said this LOOONG ago.

NO IT ACTUALLY DOESN'T MAKE ****ING SENSE. PROJECT M WAS MADE TO TURN BRAWLS GAMEPLAY INTO MELEES GAMEPLAY. NOT ****ING CHARACTERS.

what ****ing we?
do you know how ****ING HARD IT IS TO CRACK A ****ING FILESYSTEM FOR A CONSOLE
''we should release the Character Engine''
you cant do jack **** so don't even say we
the **** is the character engine, that would NEVER exist,
THERE ISN'T EVEN A FUNCTIONING EMULATOR THAT SUPPORTS 3DS ROMS YET.

THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU. HOW WOULD YOU EVEN TEST THE ****ING HACK?

''PROGRAMMERS''
''ARTISTS''
''MODELERS''
''ANIMATORS''

YOU DO REALIZE THIS IS NOTHING LIKE MINECRAFT RIGHT?
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FOR ONE
3DS doesn't use a traditional programming.
It uses a form of assembly (i dont know the exact name)
NOT YOUR TRADITIONAL CODING OR ANYTHING SOMEONE HERE IS AN EXPERT ON.
''ARTISTS''
AGAIN, HOW THE **** WOULD YOU RIP SPRITES WITHOUT FIGURING OUT THE FILE SYSTEM?
SAME GOES WITH MODELING AND ANIMATING.

AND DONT THINK THIS IS JUST 3DS
SURE NOW YOU MIGHT BE THINKING
''o yea wiiu=wii''
Not at ****ing all.
We are SUUUUUPPPERRR ****ing far from romhacking Wii U.
3DS seems a more trekked territory.

please get this stick out of your *** and realize that romhacking a game isnt ****ing modding minecraft.

everyone in this thread is literally ****ing stupid
except that mother guy and the ganondorf guy
1. The 3ds has been hacked, as well as the Wii U, it's just not publicly released info.
2. We could test the hack, on well you know, the frickin 3DS, if we can hack the game, we can sure hack the console.
3. Actually, the 3DS runs on C++, not something unfamiliar to the minecraft modding community.
4. We aren't ripping sprites, adding sprites, models, textures, moveset data that are created on our own. Of course we will need to rip the model, but that's part of the hacking process
5. In this discussion, the Wii U wasnot, well, discuissed, that can be done when it is more trekked.
If you don't like this Thread, get off of it, don't reply, you argue bad and should feel bad. We'd prefer if people like you stick to topics where you can agree with those you speak to. This is a forum, so you can speak to fellow smash-fans, not a debate-hall, if what you're trying to do is troll, then I prefer, and many will agree with me, don't, only you would be getting a laugh out of it. I'm sure, however, that you are not a troll, and just believe that we can't do what we want to do. I'd like you to kindly stay away from this thread. Every system is thought to be hackles in it's first 5 years, but it seems that the wii didn't even need to be hacked. Smealum is an amazing modder, who has made his own homebrew games on his 3ds, who is working hard on decrypting the 3ds software security for a more recent update. We can take the trouble and toil it takes to make a 3ds game hack, because modding has made the smash-community stronger, look at what the PMDT did, Project M was created from disappointment in Brawl, now this is created, from disappointment, from the removal of well loved characters.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
After that, there could be:

6. Squirtle
7. Ivysaur
8. Young Link
9. And the almighty most hated smash character of all time, Pichu
I actually liked Pichu, he/she was hilarious to play as. I think that any character is reasonable, so long as it's a veteran. Toon Link kinda replaces Young Link, but they have distinct movesets, and the Zelda Series needs more reps anyways, but when we get the hacking started, we should start small, with the clones, Lucas, Wolf, etc.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
1. The 3ds has been hacked, as well as the Wii U, it's just not publicly released info.
2. We could test the hack, on well you know, the frickin 3DS, if we can hack the game, we can sure hack the console.
3. Actually, the 3DS runs on C++, not something unfamiliar to the minecraft modding community.
4. We aren't ripping sprites, adding sprites, models, textures, moveset data that are created on our own. Of course we will need to rip the model, but that's part of the hacking process
5. In this discussion, the Wii U wasnot, well, discuissed, that can be done when it is more trekked.
If you don't like this Thread, get off of it, don't reply, you argue bad and should feel bad. We'd prefer if people like you stick to topics where you can agree with those you speak to. This is a forum, so you can speak to fellow smash-fans, not a debate-hall, if what you're trying to do is troll, then I prefer, and many will agree with me, don't, only you would be getting a laugh out of it. I'm sure, however, that you are not a troll, and just believe that we can't do what we want to do. I'd like you to kindly stay away from this thread. Every system is thought to be hackles in it's first 5 years, but it seems that the wii didn't even need to be hacked. Smealum is an amazing modder, who has made his own homebrew games on his 3ds, who is working hard on decrypting the 3ds software security for a more recent update. We can take the trouble and toil it takes to make a 3ds game hack, because modding has made the smash-community stronger, look at what the PMDT did, Project M was created from disappointment in Brawl, now this is created, from disappointment, from the removal of well loved characters.
''We could test the hack, on well you know, the frickin 3DS, if we can hack the game, we can sure hack the console.''
You are so ****ing stupid just for typing this. ''n well you know, the frickin 3DS''

Lol get a ****ing 100$ flashcart? Nobody will do that. ****ing nobody.
You idiot you cant just ''HACK'' a console.
You have NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever.
You can't hack the internal filesystem.
Smealum made his own game, he didn't mod someone elses.
''We aren't ripping sprites, adding sprites, models, textures, moveset data that are created on our own. Of course we will need to rip the model, but that's part of the hacking process''
Too bad Pichu is a clone of Pikachu, and alot of the characters you mentioned are clones.
You're going to need to access where the textures are in order to ****ING CREATE THEM.
Same goes with models.

Your new to smashboards arent you newfag?

You just ****ing TRIPLE posted.
May the mods have mercy on you.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
''We could test the hack, on well you know, the frickin 3DS, if we can hack the game, we can sure hack the console.''
You are so ****ing stupid just for typing this. ''n well you know, the frickin 3DS''

Lol get a ****ing 100$ flashcart? Nobody will do that. ****ing nobody.
You idiot you cant just ''HACK'' a console.
You have NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever.
You can't hack the internal filesystem.
Smealum made his own game, he didn't mod someone elses.
''We aren't ripping sprites, adding sprites, models, textures, moveset data that are created on our own. Of course we will need to rip the model, but that's part of the hacking process''
Too bad Pichu is a clone of Pikachu, and alot of the characters you mentioned are clones.
You're going to need to access where the textures are in order to ****ING CREATE THEM.
Same goes with models.

Your new to smashboards arent you newfag?

You just ****ing TRIPLE posted.
May the mods have mercy on you.
1. I never mentioned a flashcart
2. Yes that is possible, hacking and /or modding a console
3. Do you have any experience?
4. We don't have to mod internal filesystems
5. Modding a game is easier than making your own, so this is way possible, Smealum hacked Pokémon, to change the tiles, so he could encounter Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion
6. Who cares about clones, if there's any difference between them, they add variety into the game, also, we haven't hacked modded, or begun modding, so Pichu isn't (at least yet) in the picture.
7. I did already mention having to go into the game files to rip models to help make our own.
8. According to your account, I've been on Smashboards longer than you
9. Who should really care if I triple posted.
In conclusion your argument is weak, and not needed on this thread.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
1. I never mentioned a flashcart
2. Yes that is possible, hacking and /or modding a console
3. Do you have any experience?
4. We don't have to mod internal filesystems
5. Modding a game is easier than making your own, so this is way possible, Smealum hacked Pokémon, to change the tiles, so he could encounter Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion
6. Who cares about clones, if there's any difference between them, they add variety into the game, also, we haven't hacked modded, or begun modding, so Pichu isn't (at least yet) in the picture.
7. I did already mention having to go into the game files to rip models to help make our own.
8. According to your account, I've been on Smashboards longer than you
9. Who should really care if I triple posted.
In conclusion your argument is weak, and not needed on this thread.

1. Only way to play it would be to get the rom and put it into a flashcart.
2. BUT YOU CAN'T JUST ''DO" it with no experience.
3. In romhacking hex editing and texture editing and MODEL editing?
Extremely, which is why I'm so annoyed by this thread. You don't know what to do.
4. In order to insert a file or extract it you need to understand the file system. (Models and Textures only)
5. Hex editing. You can't just hex edit a model or a texture.
6. If you alter Pichu you're pretty much not bringing in the nostalgia. Pichu = Pikachu clone. Any thing else would be wrong.
7. Good job contradicting yourself idiot. You just said you didn't need to mod internal filesystems.
(see your 4.)
8. I have more than double your posts, you've been on and off for awhile. You really don't know the rules.
9. The mods, your excessively bumping this thread, and its just annoying.
Theres an edit button for a ****ing reason.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
1. You started arguing on this thread before knowing if I had or had no experience
2. Yes... model editing, what so outrageous about that?
3. We are going to basically learn how to do this. No one really knows all of this, someone has to start, might as well be a team of people willing to do it.
4. There are other ways of modding or hacking without Hex.
5. By who cares about clones, I meant that I am ok with clones, I meant the debate on clones is what I don't care about, sorry for the confusion.
6. I see how I contradicted myself, whoops.
7. You don't like me talking on the thread, get off(as I have already asked and suggested a number of times)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I hope to be able to report back with progress as soon as I can.
Please don't post a thread until you have demonstrable progress made.

The below goes for all hacking/fan gaming projects:
Are you interested in starting a fangame for Smash? That's great! However, there's something that you have to acknowledge before you start this vast undertaking.

You aren't the first.

If you're going to make a thread for your up-and-coming fangame, you must have demonstrable progress made, and include it in your topic.

Any threads made without such will be locked until you've included screenshots or video.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom