• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Game-Breaking Tech: Olimar Persistent Pikmin Power Amplification (P3A)

YorkTC

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm new to these boards, but I wanted to show my recent Olimar tech discovery. This tech competitively breaks the game in the custom doubles format, and allows Olimar to instant kill any character in the game (with damage variables between 64 and 999 percent damage.) This is all achieved through the use of Olimar's custom down B Order Tackle. I've posted two videos below. One is a short demonstration with Fox, and the other is an in-depth analysis of every character that can be used for this tech. Hope you guys enjoy it! (Note: This tech is only broken for Custom Doubles Format, and the move should not be banned in Singles!)

http://youtu.be/IMMxmMVO9gA (Demonstration with Fox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ck9xVH3JKM (In-Depth Analysis)

NEW VIDEO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAP3O8yShes (Custom Doubles Match Demonstration VS. Team CPU9)

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
WOW...

You should post this too in the character thread in Olimar offiicial thread.

This skill is beyond of awesome and broken!

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Yep, this is a ban, and a patch. However, now that I know about this... Time to break all my records in Home-Run at once! :troll::troll:

Last edited:

YorkTC

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the replies guys! I have no doubt this will be banned. Makes you wonder what other weird interactions custom moves may have.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
so assuming customs start becoming a thing, Fox players should probably avoid this reflector vs olimar, lol.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Christ, what does Order Tackle DO?
Turns the Pikmin into a physical projectile belonging indisputably to Olimar until they get back in line with him. This exploit activates the hitbox while they're being called back, and so they belong to Olimar, but they're getting reflected, ampliying power and changing ownership (because of a seemingly implemented ownership override) over and over again, meaning it can get reflected over and over again...

Then you keep the Pikmin. Until it dies. Holy s***.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I imagine this would be banned in most (if not all) tournament situations, but dang if this isn't scary anyway.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I imagine this would be banned in most (if not all) tournament situations, but dang if this isn't scary anyway.
Hi :D Its been a while.

Also nah, this should be legal. Let Olimar have his moment of glory ;P

lol

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
This is why customs should have been tested more before EVO.

Congrats on the discovery. I might learn Olimar for this >:D

EDIT: Can you use customs in For Fun? This seems... Interesting. If you can play with a couch friend who doesn't mind helping you out, this could be downright evil to use on casuals.

Last edited:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
This only works because the Doubles rules are set to Friendly Fire on. Since Co-Op HRC and With Friends has Friendly Fire off, and With Anyone disallows custom moves, it's an issue that only affects tournament players. This can't be used in any other modes.

Simplest solution would be to turn Friendly Fire off, rather than ban the move.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This only works because the Doubles rules are set to Friendly Fire on. Since Co-Op HRC and With Friends has Friendly Fire off, and With Anyone disallows custom moves, it's an issue that only affects tournament players. This can't be used in any other modes.

Simplest solution would be to turn Friendly Fire off, rather than ban the move.
You can play With Friends with friendly fire on, online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom