• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Evo 2015 Ruleset Updated: Customs On!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

The rules for both Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Smash for Wii U were both given updates on the Evo rules page today. One of the changes to note was Wii U ruleset including Town and City and Lylat Cruise being added to the starter list to make it a total of 5 starter stages

Some have been worried at the possibility that items would be on as the website says "All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified, below" and there was no mentions of Items being off in the rules, however Joey Cuellar a has confirmed via Twitter that they will be turned off. Others have wondered if all matches even including finals will be best 2/3 as that is the only format stated on the rules. This has yet to be confirmed or denied.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

At this reporter's first check customs were not on the ruleset as shown in this initial screen capture. After the previous coverage here on Smashboards discussing how custom moves were being considered for Evo 2015 this was curious, however Joey Cuellar, founding member of the Evo Championship Series confirmed via Twitter they would still be on, and it was soon updated on the website.

There is still the possibility for rules changes as it has been previously announced the rules may change depending on community input however the rules must be locked in my March 27th. It will be interesting to see if there are any more changes before it is finalized.

SmashCapps is always interested in ruleset debate. Go follow him on Twitter to discuss rulesets and Evo 2015!

D

Deleted member

I really want to see someone make great use of Pikachu's Thunder Wave and Heavy Skull Bash.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Still too soon for customs imo. That should be explored after Evo. Welp, time to discover everything possible!

Besides the Olimar reflected Pikmin thing.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Hopefully Olimar's P3A enabling custom move is outlawed otherwise the doubles are gonna see a lot of Olimar/Fox combos.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Finally. Customs seem balanced all around, and they will bring so much more variety into Smash. Hope this will be the case with every tourney from now on. Or, at least we'll see how this turns out, but I have good hopes.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
EVO making a statement and staying with customs ON! Can't wait

Pyr

Smash Lord
Still too soon for customs imo. That should be explored after Evo. Welp, time to discover everything possible!

Why is it too soon, though? It's only 8 additional moves per character, or 25% more. Evo is in July. You have plenty of time to learn them.

If we continue to wait, it may become too late. People can put a little more work in if it gives us the huge benefit of customs.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Oops I forgot the most important part. Lylat as a starter? Barf.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
As of now, Smash 4 Yoshi mains started to change thier neutral b to Lick.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
This is some big news here!

The road to EVO will be interesting to watch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Someone had to ask if items were off for Smash 4? Does that mean that they're on for Melee? Can we get someone to double check? :rolleyes:

Great to hear customs will be allowed. This just raised the bar on hype levels.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Woah, this is ganna get a lot of viewers, the game is ganna look crazy. Like Mahvel crazy!

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
i'm hyped for the smash 4 customs being legal :)

i'm excited either way, but i hope it doesn't change.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Someone had to ask if items were off for Smash 4? Does that mean that they're on for Melee? Can we get someone to double check? :rolleyes:

Speaking as the person who did the asking, I learned long ago that it never hurts to double check.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
This is great! Custom Moves really need to be explored before they're banned. I think they offer a lot to the metagame, so this going to be really interesting for me to watch. I can just feel the hype!

Djent

Smash Champion

While the strategy is a legitimate worry, how will anyone abuse it in singles?

EDIT: Scratch that, it just means Reflectors are worse-than-useless against Olimar.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
What's it say? Twitter isn't available to me where I am atm. D=

Zero on Twitter: "Hey! Anyway I can reach you out about Smash 4 rules? Kinda important. Skype IM, DM, or something? - Thanks."

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
This will really set Sm4sh apart from the rest of the Smash titles!

Of course some are deemed broken, but I'd love to see creative strategies surrounding customs!

Soul.

Good to hear. Looking forward to watch the stream.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
Zero: "Can I reach out to you about the Smash 4 ruleset? Kinda important. Skype, IM, DM, something? Thanks"

Oh no.
Thanks. Zero will need a hell of a good excuse to get them removed. I don't think he has any beyond personal reasons, which is far from adequate. If they somehow are... Well, I'm still going to Evo, but not for Smash 4.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
AHHH!!!! I'm so excited for EVO 2015!! I can't wait to see customs!!
Also, I'm really surprised Lylat got the OK as a starter. Not saying it's good or bad, just saying it's really surprising to me.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
He's so good at Smash 4, just why is he against it? With how much he plays and the effort he's put into it I wouldn't think learning more about the game would be an issue for him. Plus he has skilled friends like Mew2king to practice these things with.
He's salty because Diddy is the only character in the game to not benefit from customs, even a little (Battering Peel... no.).

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman

If items on for melee would be the biggest troll. Sakurai would probably show up in attendance himself just to see it.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
By the way, I am curious if Skyloft is legal. I heard that it wasn't due to some music copyright thing, but couldn't the specific song just be disabled entirely?

Last edited:
Top Bottom