• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Summer Hype Double Elimination Tournament

DeathWarrant

Smash Cadet
Ok then, I'm sorry I got pissed its just that its my first tournament and that happening really didn't make me happy
I know how you feel man, this is my first tourney too and it sucks. But there's really good players out there so we just gotta keep practicing you know? We'll win a tourney some day bro.

カワシさん

Thanks for the kind words! This was my first tourney so I really wasn't prepared to get wrecked lol
I felt the same way. I was in a tourney earlier this week, and in the losers finals, I got rekt like a piece of cake. It was my first though too. The key in my opinion is to learn from your opponents, and ask yourself (or your opponent) "Why did I lose?" Then focus on improving yourself.

DeathWarrant

Smash Cadet
I felt the same way. I was in a tourney earlier this week, and in the losers finals, I got rekt like a piece of cake. It was my first though too. The key in my opinion is to learn from your opponents, and ask yourself (or your opponent) "Why did I lose?" Then focus on improving yourself.
You're totally right my friend. Thanks I'll take that advice and improve

カワシさん

You're totally right my friend. Thanks I'll take that advice and improve
Alright.

To help you improve: I think a lot of times (especially with Sonic) you left yourself open and punishable. Then those openings led me to be able to defeat you. For example, it was easy to punish the missed grabs due to Sonic's long ending lag (the time before you can do something else) after grabbing. Trying to do less of them or making sure you can land them is probably what you should improve on.

Keeo Smashing!

BakaJager

Smash Journeyman
Gg man you did really well. Just work on reading your opponent more and your air gane. You main a really good ike

Reverses

Smash Cadet
Kevin won 2-0 GGs but please fix ur internet next time that lag was horrible but still gj

TheDragunBreath

Smash Cadet
Guys i need you to be watching not fighting.
Me an byrant are trying to finish our session in the tourney

Last edited:

DeathWarrant

Smash Cadet
Alright.

To help you improve: I think a lot of times (especially with Sonic) you left yourself open and punishable. Then those openings led me to be able to defeat you. For example, it was easy to punish the missed grabs due to Sonic's long ending lag (the time before you can do something else) after grabbing. Trying to do less of them or making sure you can land them is probably what you should improve on.

Keeo Smashing!
Yeah bro it was really hard to approach you man lol. I'll keep working on it tho. I'm usually pretty good grabbing with sonic I got pretty nervous

カワシさん

Yeah bro it was really hard to approach you man lol. I'll keep working on it tho. I'm usually pretty good grabbing with sonic I got pretty nervous
Don't blame you. It was hard to do some attacks because I was nervous too. When I grabbed you a few times, I intended to do a forward throw but instead did an up throw and a down throw. I guess in the heat of the moment, our brains go into overdrive XD.

BakaJager

Smash Journeyman
Don't blame you. It was hard to do some attacks because I was nervous too. When I grabbed you a few times, I intended to do a forward throw but instead did an up throw and a down throw. I guess in the heat of the moment, our brains go into overdrive XD.
Lol yeah true. This is my third tourney and I'm doing MUCH better

Top Bottom