• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS and Melee...

Toebex

Smash Cadet
...but it is good in its speed. I feel like it is Melee without the tech skill. Anyone else agree?

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I feel like techniques will be found over time, so give the game a while to mature competitively. I don't think it will ever reach melee-level tech skill (nor will any future Smash Bros.), but we can still hope.

yttik

No, not at all. It's more like Brawl, Smash 4 isn't as fast as you think.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Smash 4 still isn't quite as good as Melee in terms of gameplay, but it's a step up from Brawl. Don't get me wrong, I loved Brawl, but it was so slow and floaty compared to Melee.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People will get better at techs like the run-canceling, new dash dance, DACUS on the WiiU version.

But yes it is faster overall than Brawl.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
I respectfully disagree. To the untrained eye I guess I could see where people can get confused, but comparing footage side by side there is no doubt a high speed difference at times.

I feel like techniques will be found over time, so give the game a while to mature competitively. I don't think it will ever reach melee-level tech skill (nor will any future Smash Bros.), but we can still hope.
I still have a shred of hope. Either that or I hope for some new official IP out there that will play like melee
and build upon its mechanics. There is no other game like melee. I do acknowledge PM though.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Comboing in Smash 4 is very possible. Unlike Brawl.

Foxtrotting and pivots are a nice replacement for dash dances, as there's no tripping.

Also if you watch Shiek vs Greninja or vs ZSS, it becomes very clear that while not every character is fast, the characters that ARE fast are reminiscent of Melee in agility. Without the wave dashing and l-cancalling, buut o3o

XD

I feel Sakurai wasn't lying when he said this would be a mix of the two.

Top Bottom