• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slow Motion Glitch with Roy's Final Smash

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
If you perform Roy's final smash and do not hit anything, he will fly off the stage into the danger zone. If you trigger his final smash early (like Marth's) in the danger zone, he will perform his final smash like normal, die, respawn, and all the characters will have slow motion animations for a while.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Came here to report a similar problem. Was a 3-way match, me (Mewtwo) VS. human Roy VS. human Captain Falcon taking place on FD. Roy's FS managed to connect with Falcon, so I dodged off to the side, but when I went slightly out of screen I got KO'd! Not only that, but it took a good 15 seconds or so for me to respawn due to the animation slowdown, even after the FS had ended. Very amusing, but very strange.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed. I did mine in Training, and it just completely froze the computer character. They could still be hit, but just stayed in either idle or hitstun animations.
The flying offstage, however, is present in Marth's Final Smash. This leads me to believe that it is intended.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
I had an oddity with Roy's final smash as well. The assist trophy Helirin got between the target and Roy, Roy continued to slash, and to character remained locked, but Roy did no additional damage until the final hit.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
I found something else pretty amusing with Roy's Final Smash. If you attack with it to cause the slowdown when a character is doing a very high speed move (Mewtwo's teleport, Pikachu's Quick Attack, etc.), that character will instantly fly off in whatever direction he is going in, being instantly killed if he is heading towards a blast zone. Roy's Final Smash is too good.

Top Bottom