• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slow Hands?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I am not very fast with my hands, how can I change this? I'm fine playing smash 4 because it's not really needed to play but melee having faster hands definitely helps. What are ways to speed up how my hands move? Sorry if this is worded funny.

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Play more I guess. Play more other games too. I played a lot of music games at a high and fast level which used my thumbs (DJ Max on the PSP is one of them so mostly all thumbs if you can imagine). Well... maybe that helped. I've never heard of anyone exercising to get their hands quicker, but that's been said before. When you let go of buttons don't lift your thumb 2 inches in the air, just lift them enough where the button is not pressed.

I've seen button spamming contests like in Mario Party games where people lift their thumbs in the air like 2 inches after each button press. Why would you do that...

Last edited:

NackJicholson

Smash Rookie
NNID
NackJicholson
it's all about muscle memory really, once you do it enough speed develops later on, Hungrybox said he played Jigglypuff because his hands were too slow and now i've seen him play as falco/fox and do standardized spacie tech. Just have patience with yourself and stick to it and you'll get it down!

Synnett

Alligator Lord
If your hands are cold, they will be slow. Dump them in hot water before any gaming sessions. (This is one of my main problems, seriously ;_; )

If it's not the case, it's just practice. Personally, I tend to mess up attacks on my controllers because I didn't press at the right time / wrong angle on the analog stick. But my attacks are very precise. All thanks to playing too much racing games and Super Monkey Ball. xD

It really depends on your muscle memory capacity, reflexes, time spent playing, and what kind of game you are playing.

Top Bottom