• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
WELP. While Pit/DP may not be characters I'm very good at, I enjoy playing as them so, here I am. Hi.
Hello, welcome to the social thread lol.

---

Tito Maas Tito Maas TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 I think the argument has gotten to a point where maybe it would be best to take a step back, or resolve differences in Private Message.

---

So, let's try again, with a new topic of conversation. How do you guys think the balance changes, especially for ZSS and Sheik, will affect our MUs with them? How well can Sheik combo us post patch? Has anyone tested this stuff yet?

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I never set up anything; sure I agreed to a game or two, but who the hell chooses playing a video game over family time. You need to learn something about family over games before you try to claim some **** to seem like a winner.
If you're gonna make a commitment, then honor it. Or just admit you ran. I really don't care, but you're talking to me like you've beaten me in match, when in reality you haven't had the balls to even play me. Even when you have your free time, you find time to run.

I'm claiming being a winner? You didn't even play me but you're talking about how you've roasted me and beat me lol.

My NID is still 2OwtBlue. Or do I need to add you? And post a time when you're free to play.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
They've had quite a long stretch of the game where they had the best punish games and best neutral, so idk, I feel like the nerfs were in line.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Patient play works better against ZSS and Sheik now, and I think in ZSS's case just works now. Her side B getting buffed to compensate is interesting but I don't think it nearly makes up for her nerfs. Sheik I'm not so sure about because nobody's really sure if she still has a functional 50/50 off a grab, but we can very definitely beat her Fair with ours and less range on needles is interesting.

With Cloud and Bayo appearing to be the new top tiers (eh, don't see it myself) and the Pits looking even against them before the nerfs I'm thinking Earth's going to have some good results in the tournaments coming up.

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
Patient play works better against ZSS and Sheik now, and I think in ZSS's case just works now. Her side B getting buffed to compensate is interesting but I don't think it nearly makes up for her nerfs. Sheik I'm not so sure about because nobody's really sure if she still has a functional 50/50 off a grab, but we can very definitely beat her Fair with ours and less range on needles is interesting.

With Cloud and Bayo appearing to be the new top tiers (eh, don't see it myself) and the Pits looking even against them before the nerfs I'm thinking Earth's going to have some good results in the tournaments coming up.
Tournaments, that's a land I have yet to journey into, and don't plan on doing so for some time. I still suck, lol.

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
Tourneys are fun tho

Its a great experience, you should try one when you can
I think I will. Once I have money. And a car. And a job. And of legal age in the first place... I hate being a teenager sometimes.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I think I will. Once I have money. And a car. And a job. And of legal age in the first place... I hate being a teenager sometimes.
Money can be a bit of a problem but you can always earn it, no biggie

You can always bus

There's a legal age? I never knew that :ooo

Teenage years suck yo

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
Money can be a bit of a problem but you can always earn it, no biggie

You can always bus

There's a legal age? I never knew that :ooo

Teenage years suck yo
I assume it's a bad idea to go out and about til I'm 18.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I assume it's a bad idea to go out and about til I'm 18.
I went to a couple tourneys before wity my brother and I'm 13.

Admittedly I got bopped but it was super fun

As long as your responsible and kind you shouldn't have a problem.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Must've forgotten to select a notification or something, because the Smashboards no-notify curse hit me yet again.
Honestly, I can see Pit going down the tier list because of the mixture of his lack of representation, and the fact that he's too honest compared to the characters above, and even below him. He doesn't have an outstanding/or abusive tool in his kit that can distinguish him from being an intimidating force in this current meta, where 0-death combos and killing sub 70% is the norm.
B**** please; I've killed people with the second hit of f-smash at 80% by the ledge with no rage. Also, no character ever has had an abusable move that kills below 70. Where did you even come up with that conclusion? Even Brawl MK and pre patch Diddy Kong had their limits in kill power.

If they were really serious about roast or calling me out to play, they'd have sent the friend request already. You would have too. Don't hide behind them when they're trying to hide behind you.
Just because I roasted you doesn't mean I want to fight you. I was just trying to make a joke and you randomly felt like thinking that it was a challenge? If I wanted to fight you in game, I'd use it for friendlies, not for friggin pride and a boost to my ego. If that was the case, I'd take you to the salty suite and put money on it or something. And how am I hiding behind anyone?

Just do some chores around the house and you should have money to go about once a month or two. I'm going to OUTFOXX'D next weekend and I finally managed to find a weekly near my area.

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Must've forgotten to select a notification or something, because the Smashboards no-notify curse hit me yet again.

B**** please; I've killed people with the second hit of f-smash at 80% by the ledge with no rage. Also, no character ever has had an abusable move that kills below 70. Where did you even come up with that conclusion? Even Brawl MK and pre patch Diddy Kong had their limits in kill power.
For a start, take some time to actually read what I said properly before you start making conclusions, because in my post I never stated that a character has, "an abusable move that kills below 70." Secondly, what was the point in telling me that you, "killed people with the second hit of f-smash at 80% by the ledge with no rage"? Alright? You do realise that there are a lot of variables when it comes to kill moves, so that phrase not only means absolutely nothing, but also does not pertain to the point that I made.

Actually, about your point about characters having abusable moves that kill below 70, there are a few characters that actually have that, with Cloud and Ryu coming to mind.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you're gonna make a commitment, then honor it. Or just admit you ran. I really don't care, but you're talking to me like you've beaten me in match, when in reality you haven't had the balls to even play me. Even when you have your free time, you find time to run.

I'm claiming being a winner? You didn't even play me but you're talking about how you've roasted me and beat me lol.

My NID is still 2OwtBlue. Or do I need to add you? And post a time when you're free to play.
You're still assuming that I'm acting like a winner, and honor...honor a game over my family...why won't you get through your head that family's more important than a game? GET IT INSIDE OF YOUR DAMN HEAD! If you considered spending time with family over wasting time playing games with someone I don't even know(who's not mature enough to understand priorities), then you don't know what you're saying and you need to stay off the games and **** until you can understand what's being said; and don't reply or else, to make it understandable, I'll just say booty.

And why would I play with you after all this...don't answer

Just because I roasted you doesn't mean I want to fight you. I was just trying to make a joke and you randomly felt like thinking that it was a challenge? If I wanted to fight you in game, I'd use it for friendlies, not for friggin pride and a boost to my ego. If that was the case, I'd take you to the salty suite and put money on it or something. And how am I hiding behind anyone?

Just do some chores around the house and you should have money to go about once a month or two. I'm going to OUTFOXX'D next weekend and I finally managed to find a weekly near my area.
Let's just ignore him for now...until a lesson is learned

Don't jinx it

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
You're still assuming that I'm acting like a winner, and honor...honor a game over my family...why won't you get through your head that family's more important than a game? GET IT INSIDE OF YOUR DAMN HEAD! If you considered spending time with family over wasting time playing games with someone I don't even know(who's not mature enough to understand priorities), then you don't know what you're saying and you need to stay off the games and **** until you can understand what's being said; and don't reply or else, to make it understandable, I'll just say booty.

And why would I play with you after all this...don't answer

Let's just ignore him for now...until a lesson is learned

Don't jinx it
Why are you so flustered? You're claiming that you roast me and that you're a winner. Historically, all you've done is duck challenges and run from me.

Of course you won't play me now. I wouldn't have had to say all this if you had any plans of backing your words up because you would have sent the request eons ago. You're just scared, and it's just a game.

How are you roasting me? Play me in friendlies and roast me there. I just don't see how you can call me a scrub and say that's a roast when you and your homeboy will say anything to avoid playing me. If I'm a scrub, show everyone. If you're gonna roast me, show everyone.

I'm not cursing, crying, proclaiming victory or anything like you two. I just want you to play.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Why are you so flustered? You're claiming that you roast me and that you're a winner. Historically, all you've done is duck challenges and run from me.

Of course you won't play me now. I wouldn't have had to say all this if you had any plans of backing your words up because you would have sent the request eons ago. You're just scared, and it's just a game.
Just stop it. Arguing with the turtle dude is like talking to a brick wall. It's not worth it.

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
Yup. Definitely children. Every single one of you that chooses to engage in this stupid fight. If you refuse to make up, at least go you're separate ways instead of running in stupid circles that everyone that chooses to look at this thread is forced to suffer through.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

How are you roasting me? Play me in friendlies and roast me there. I just don't see how you can call me a scrub and say that's a roast when you and your homeboy will say anything to avoid playing me. If I'm a scrub, show everyone. If you're gonna roast me, show everyone.

I'm not cursing, crying, proclaiming victory or anything like you two. I just want you to play.
You're Booty
Just stop it. Arguing with the turtle dude is like talking to a brick wall. It's not worth it.
You know I can say the same about you right smart one?
Yup. Definitely children. Every single one of you that chooses to engage in this stupid fight. If you refuse to make up, at least go you're separate ways instead of running in stupid circles that everyone that chooses to look at this thread is forced to suffer through.
You're to late...the damages has been done...permanently

I highly doubt anyone not a mod will be able to control us "children"...unless there's one word that can end it all...

Everyone here is Booty

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh well; before we all get banned from the internet(because everyone is booty), how about a change in topic?

How do ya people think about the current patch we unexpectedly got?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh well; before we all get banned from the internet(because everyone is booty), how about a change in topic?

How do ya people think about the current patch we unexpectedly got?
Good idea; we humans (including myself) have an annoying tick that makes us feel the need to be right all the time, even if we're actually wrong, so even though I have plenty to say about certain people, it's not worth arguing. Besides, we're actually one of the few communities that's actually not a horrible one (no, not saying it's good at all).

About the patch, I'm just happy that Kamui's counter got nerfed. Now all they have to do is nerf Ness's back throw which for some reason they left untouched aince day 1.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good idea; we humans (including myself) have an annoying tick that makes us feel the need to be right all the time, even if we're actually wrong, so even though I have plenty to say about certain people, it's not worth arguing. Besides, we're actually one of the few communities that's actually not a horrible one (no, not saying it's good at all).

About the patch, I'm just happy that Kamui's counter got nerfed. Now all they have to do is nerf Ness's back throw which for some reason they left untouched since day 1.
Trust me, the Rosalina Boards are way worse; we had to make an entirely new social thread because of arguments.

Ness really does need to have a nerfed back throw...but won't ever happen. Also, RIP ZSS and Shiek(maybe).

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
Hey, I'm chill with the latest patch. Some of the top tiers got some frankly well deserved nerfs, and the game feels slightly more balanced now.

EDIT: This conversation already feels much more chill, thank god.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
ZSS's nerf(s) aren't really enough to make her not top 3, though it is still significant. It's a lot like Luigi's nerfs, in which case he's still an excellent character, but a lot less overwhelming. I could see Bayo doing worse after her nerfs (especially since I just got back from watching Mekos's video). I tried out sheik since I always lab with all of the characters against a cpu when a new patch comes out, and I feel that the nerfs are pretty significant. Her d-throw can't combo into anything at high percents anymore and her needles barely even reach half of fd anymore. Her f-throw I'm not that convinced of its nerfs yet, but maybe it has something to do with the ai's bad di in that scenario (that bouncing fish will now only connect at low percentages). I think down b deals less damage, too. F-throw to bouncing fish used to deal like 24%, but now it deals around 18%. Also, poor Meta Knight; his u-air strings pretty much don't work at all anymore. His might be the most significant nerf since Greninja and possibly Little Mac.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey, I'm chill with the latest patch. Some of the top tiers got some frankly well deserved nerfs, and the game feels slightly more balanced now.

EDIT: This conversation already feels much more chill, thank god.
See what happens when you eat your Booty-O Cereal? Peace and Love.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I'm assuming the visualizations were put on hold to figure out the new patch since I saw Furil digging up patch changes. The Pits are simple characters so they're probably not too far off regardless.
I'm pretty interested in looking at the DAir, NAir, UTilt, and SideB hitboxes. Hopefully they'll be out soon

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Question numero 2:

If you could give Pit a single buff, what would you pick?

Purely hypothetical of course. Whether he needs one or not is irrelevant, i'm just curious to see what you guys come up with.

be greedy

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Question numero 2:

Purely hypothetical of course. Whether he needs one or not is irrelevant, i'm just curious to see what you guys come up with.

be greedy
better kill power on bair or aerial side+b.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Question numero 2:

be greedy
More voice work

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Question numero 2:

be greedy
In order:

1. Widen the spikebox of DAir, eliminating either the upwards sourspot or the horizontal sourspot
2. Reduce endlag on DownB
3. Reduce endlag on FSmash
4. Reduce endlag on NeutralB

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
better kill power on bair or aerial side+b.
Yeah, i'd like a stronger side B as well. Or to be more specific, a faster one. I realize that this would clash with Pit's "all-around what you see is what you get" aesthetic, but Upperdash arm is one of my favorite KI:U weapons and it's kind of a bummer that it isn't more useful. At the very least, I wish it were better than Dark Pit's Electrodash arm >:^)

Make Fair reflect projectiles. :p

More realistically, make the spike hitbox on Dair untechable.
lol

Oh right, Dair can be stage teched. Isn't that universal for all spikes? Stage spikes definitely shouldn't be techable imo...

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh right, Dair can be stage teched. Isn't that universal for all spikes? Stage spikes definitely shouldn't be techable imo...
Some spikes can't be teched if the target is grounded. Falco's Dair can't and something of Ryu's IIRC. Not a common trait but it'd be massively useful on Pit since hitting the opponent with any part usually leads to combos.

Top Bottom