• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Pit's feeling really lackluster to me atm especially when I watch Trela's Ryu or Nairo's ZSS, etc, Pit just seems so plain compared to those characters. I don't feel like using Pit much these days. Someone point out reasons I should use him or what makes him special compared to the rest of the cast. My lack of will to play him is affecting my gameplay itself and it's just putting me off even more :/

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's feeling really lackluster to me atm especially when I watch Trela's Ryu or Nairo's ZSS, etc, Pit just seems so plain compared to those characters. I don't feel like using Pit much these days. Someone point out reasons I should use him or what makes him special compared to the rest of the cast. My lack of will to play him is affecting my gameplay itself and it's just putting me off even more :/
Myself, I think Ryu's in for a big fall... Once people understand that you're supposed to lame him out his bad matchups might be too overbearing. And of course Pit's a bad matchup for him. :^)

To me, Pit's an interesting character because there's still a lot of potential. We're still finding techniques and optimizations on a regular basis... What if we find a big kill setup right after you leave? What if Earth does really well at Genesis and a bunch of big names decide to pick up Pit?What if somebody from Japan brings a ton of knowledge overseas? Pit's probably one of the characters with the most potential right now...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Myself, I think Ryu's in for a big fall... Once people understand that you're supposed to lame him out his bad matchups might be too overbearing. And of course Pit's a bad matchup for him. :^)

To me, Pit's an interesting character because there's still a lot of potential. We're still finding techniques and optimizations on a regular basis... What if we find a big kill setup right after you leave? What if Earth does really well at Genesis and a bunch of big names decide to pick up Pit?What if somebody from Japan brings a ton of knowledge overseas? Pit's probably one of the characters with the most potential right now...
I don't think Ryu has to be lame, but just patient while studyingthe other's moves like in a real Street Fighter game

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681

I guess....
I feel like we've figured out everything there is about Pit, sure his meta is advancing but nothing really stands out, nothing big so far.

Pit also just feels weak in a sense, where he works so hard for his kills but if your opponent knows you things can get tough when it's time to take the stock, most of my kills come off reads. He doesn't have (ridiculous) kill confirms like ZSS or Ryu, he doesn't have Gimmicky kills like mario and metaknight's uair combos, he doesn't have raw kill power like Ness and Link. He doesn't even have an insane combo game or good damage output on most of his moves compared to other characters. Sure in a sense he's balanced but he's just too normal. Maybe i'm being a bit too negative, I should probably focus on the things he does have rather than what he doesn't.

Being a jack of all trades is fine and all but now I'm just at a mental block on what to do during every match, idk whether I should be spacing fairs, going in for grabs, spamming my dash attack or camping with arrows. I don't know what to do with pit. I should probably watch more Pits play or better yet I need to play more Pits....which is hard since there are probably only like 2 or 3 competent/dedicated Pit mains in my country.

I think this is because of me going back and playing brawl and seeing how much better Pit is in Brawl >.> I miss brawl Pit.

Last edited:

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Guys, if any of you are playing on the Miiverse stage as DP or one of the opponents use him and you see this pop up:

I made this. Now, feel free to guess the wrestler I based this DP support post on.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I guess....
I feel like we've figured out everything there is about Pit, sure his meta is advancing but nothing really stands out, nothing big so far.

Pit also just feels weak in a sense, where he works so hard for his kills but if your opponent knows you things can get tough when it's time to take the stock, most of my kills come off reads. He doesn't have (ridiculous) kill confirms like ZSS or Ryu, he doesn't have Gimmicky kills like mario and metaknight's uair combos, he doesn't have raw kill power like Ness and Link. He doesn't even have an insane combo game or good damage output on most of his moves compared to other characters. Sure in a sense he's balanced but he's just too normal. Maybe i'm being a bit too negative, I should probably focus on the things he does have rather than what he doesn't.

Being a jack of all trades is fine and all but now I'm just at a mental block on what to do during every match, idk whether I should be spacing fairs, going in for grabs, spamming my dash attack or camping with arrows. I don't know what to do with pit. I should probably watch more Pits play or better yet I need to play more Pits....which is hard since there are probably only like 2 or 3 competent/dedicated Pit mains in my country.

I think this is because of me going back and playing brawl and seeing how much better Pit is in Brawl >.> I miss brawl Pit.
Unlike Ryu or ZSS, Pit has a consistently strong neutral. One of the best in the game and doesn't get shut down by random things like Gravitational Pull. Wether your opponent prefers to be close or far, doesn't matter since Pit does well in both.

Pit has strong punish options like foxtrot Fsmash and Usmash, and against most he has ways of harassing them offstage. Pit gets early kills from gimps and cheese. What can Ryu do to avoid getting gimped by us? What can Sonic do if we read a Uspecial and shove him away from the ledge at 60%? Can Rosalina afford to throw something out at 80% with our Usmash around?

Thing is that people don't win matches without thought. While you're trying to find the best way to play in neutral ZSS is trying to get a read so she can do basically anything.

Brawl Pit is degenerate as heck though. And Brawl Pit has Brawl MK to deal with, so unless you plan on modding him into Smash 4 then there's no point in even playing him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guess....

Brawl Pit better than Sm4sh Pit? Not even close

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't blame you for what you are feeling.

Sakura himself has said that he thinks that Pit and Palutena are some of the weaker characters in the game.

Yet he still won't give either of them any major buffs any time soon.........

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't blame you for what you are feeling.

Sakura himself has said that he thinks that Pit and Palutena are some of the weaker characters in the game.

Yet he still won't give either of them any major buffs any time soon.........

Daddy Sakurai lies

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Unlike Ryu or ZSS, Pit has a consistently strong neutral. One of the best in the game and doesn't get shut down by random things like Gravitational Pull. Wether your opponent prefers to be close or far, doesn't matter since Pit does well in both.

Pit has strong punish options like foxtrot Fsmash and Usmash, and against most he has ways of harassing them offstage. Pit gets early kills from gimps and cheese. What can Ryu do to avoid getting gimped by us? What can Sonic do if we read a Uspecial and shove him away from the ledge at 60%? Can Rosalina afford to throw something out at 80% with our Usmash around?

Thing is that people don't win matches without thought. While you're trying to find the best way to play in neutral ZSS is trying to get a read so she can do basically anything.

Brawl Pit is degenerate as heck though. And Brawl Pit has Brawl MK to deal with, so unless you plan on modding him into Smash 4 then there's no point in even playing him.
Hmmm I see where you are getting at here :)

Brawl Pit had better jumps, wing dashing, gliding, better arrows, better damage output, and the mirror shield was like mario's cape but lasted longer, had super armour on startup and was unbreakable. I mainly miss pit's movement options in brawl :p

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hmmm I see where you are getting at here :)

Brawl Pit had better jumps, wing dashing, gliding, better arrows, better damage output, and the mirror shield was like mario's cape but lasted longer, had super armour on startup and was unbreakable. I mainly miss pit's movement options in brawl :p
But Sm4sh Pit is rated way higher than Brawl Pit and current Project M Pit are, so logic don't work no more(plus better recovery, side b, down b, voice, animation, victory poses, final smash, combos, and balanced character #1)

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
But Sm4sh Pit is rated way higher than Brawl Pit and current Project M Pit are, so logic don't work no more(plus better recovery, side b, down b, voice, animation, victory poses, final smash, combos, and balanced character #1)
Pit was hardly played in the US scene hence his bad rating on that tier list (C). He was much more defined through the Japanese meta hence his placing at #8 on top of the A tier.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think so in this case.

Well being a top 18 character proves otherwise...besides, Sakurai has said the same about all of his children
Didn't want the Kirby series to be overrepped
Said Meta Knight was special to the Kirby series, but he hasn't been seen in a long time
Trolled people about Palutena due to a fake Palutena leak that was actually believable(and can probably be posed in the actual game aswell)
Says Pit is one of the worst in the game...yet has won tournaments, a high tier character, is overly repped/overrepped(Guidance, Smash Run, 3 stages, 3 main characters playable, Viridi appearing on both systems, Phosphora and Magnus being assist trophies, having some of the best songs in the game, etc.)
Dark Pit...that is all

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit was hardly played in the US scene hence his bad rating on that tier list (C). He was much more defined through the Japanese meta hence his placing at #8 on top of the A tier.
I'm going by worldwide and in general. If we went by one region, he'd probably be top 8-10, and top 2 in Spain. Worldwide Brawl Pit=B-/C+, and Worldwide Sm4sh Pit=A-

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I'm going by worldwide and in general. If we went by one region, he'd probably be top 8-10, and top 2 in Spain. Worldwide Brawl Pit=B-/C+, and Worldwide Sm4sh Pit=A-
I have yet to see a worlwide tier list. Normally tier lists are split between two scenes, the Japanese one and the American one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have yet to see a worlwide tier list. Normally tier lists are split between two scenes, the Japanese one and the American one.
Well I guess we could always go by Pit/Dark Pit mains then? Cause there are alot that needs some recognition.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Well I guess we could always go by Pit/Dark Pit mains then? Cause there are alot that needs some recognition.
I don't see how that relates but I can agree with you there :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't see how that relates but I can agree with you there :p
I don't know either, but maybe it'll magically make them go to tourneus more(Earth is gonna do it at some upcoming major tournament that's not Japan only)

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

Kappamaki is another lesser known but great Pit from Japan, almost knocked Abadango out of Losers at Umebura 14.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I play a lot of characters in friendlies and get to know how a character works. But at the end of day I always fall back to pit. I just love pit's movement. The most similar movement compared to pit is probably fox or diddy for me. I hate fox's aerials and diddy's recovery though. Pit has one a best dash grabs and pivot grabs rivaled by bowser and captain falcon. Dash attack is quick with low end lag. Juggling an opponent at 90 could mean death if you get an upsmash in there. Down smash and his excellent pivot grab are great for covering roll options. Can go and say hi to the bottom blast zone and have some tea and still make it back to the stage. Also, when I play other characters I have to deal with some terrible match ups while pit's match up spread is pretty good. So you should probably play other characters just to find out what good things pit has. Although I would not mind some changes to pit to spice up his gameplay. :) Why does a fast fall nair have 20years of lag and his uptilt not all that great.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Also, I kinda wanna play some of you guys. My twitter is @itsskj (or I can DM you my facebook) I'm playing right now, but I'll have to leave in an hour or two for class. Then I'll be available again 8-9hours after this post.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I don't know why, but there's something about smash4 pit that just... clicks with me. I prefer Allrounders in general... I thought brawl pit was just meh. But that's just me...

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Brawl Pit's arrows were fun to mess around with, kinda wished it was in sm4sh

And then there was his voice

Also I'm rather curious about some stuff~

Charging a smash attack raises your launch ratio by 1.2 right? Does this number increase the more you charge it?

And this

upload_2015-11-3_19-4-45.png

I don't get the coloured numbers and the 361 degrees (known as the Sakurai angle?)

And do all moves stale differently?

If someone can explain these I'll be your bestest pal~ :happysheep:

I feel like I haven't used this sheep emote in a million years...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Charging a smash attack raises your launch ratio by 1.2 right? Does this number increase the more you charge it?

And this

View attachment 81238

I don't get the coloured numbers and the 361 degrees (known as the Sakurai angle?)

Smash 4 Pit voice is sexy for an angelic dude...then Dark Pit has dat stereotypical edgy voice

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Smash 4 Pit voice is sexy for an angelic dude...then Dark Pit has dat stereotypical edgy voice
If there was a setting where I can change to Japanese voices and play as my badass Conan I'll literally die of happiness

And the Spanish announcer sounds so amazing~

But I think we got ourselves some damn good voices for the English version

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If there was a setting where I can change to Japanese voices and play as my badass Conan I'll literally die of happiness

And the Spanish announcer sounds so amazing~

But I think we got ourselves some damn good voices for the English version
Change good to amazing and superior

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Pit's new VA is boss!

Though I do agree with you about arrows

I don't know why, but there's something about smash4 pit that just... clicks with me. I prefer Allrounders in general... I thought brawl pit was just meh. But that's just me...
Same here. I don't know what it is about them. It might be the fact that if I want to go from defensives to offensive or visa versa, I can do it really easily.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit's new VA is boss!

Though I do agree with you about arrows

Same here. I don't know what it is about them. It might be the fact that if I want to go from defensives to offensive or visa versa, I can do it really easily.

Arrows only, everything else Sm4sh Pit

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Mirror shield and utilt too. Brawl utilt was dumb, had as much range as usmash and did more damage (16%).
Oh and dtilt, dtilt spiked. killed at 0%

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mirror shield and utilt too. Brawl utilt was dumb, had as much range as usmash and did more damage (16%).
Oh and dtilt, dtilt spiked. killed at 0%
That dtilt spike was kinda dumb honestly(cool, but dumb, like Link and Peach have now)

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
no way:

Rapid jab was better. Utilt was better. Dtilt used to spike. Fair was better. Bair was TONS better (best kill move). Gliding was awesome and it used to kill. UpB.... indifferent, though I'll give Brawl UpB the edge because of the movements and that ledge snapping plus it's windbox was awesome. Down B was much better, fast! and actually gimps.

and his arrows, Brawl Pit was crazy good.. I miss him too

what Smash 4 Pit has over old Pit is the Usmash, Dair, Side B, Ftilt, and his Dthrow.. maybe Fthrow... and the Range in general

The Range and the disjoints I think is whats helping him be a high tier character in Smash 4

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
no way:

Rapid jab was better. Utilt was better. Dtilt used to spike. Fair was better. Bair was TONS better (best kill move). Gliding was awesome and it used to kill. UpB.... indifferent, though I'll give Brawl UpB the edge because of the movements and that ledge snapping plus it's windbox was awesome. Down B was much better, fast! and actually gimps.

what Smash 4 Pit has over old Pit is the Usmash, Dair, Side B, Ftilt, and his Dthrow.. maybe Fthrow... and the Range in general

The Range and the disjoints I think is whats helping him be a high tier character in Smash 4
Dair is a way better spiking mobe than dtilt ever was(it's been considered one of the worst spikes in Brawl), fair has a tipper/sweetspot to it, GOs aren't meant to be fast just a reflector that...reflects both sides and the bottom aswell, nothing about it is just meant to be a gimp move(unless you're someone like this guy over here:4littlemac:).

Power of Flight(including customs), all better than Braw's recovery(the height/distance game is strong).

Gliding shouldn't really count at all since
1. It wasn't a Pit only thing and
2. Sakurai took that out
3. Range and Discounts are definitely not the reasons why Pit is high tier

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

And this

View attachment 81238

I'd ask in the mechanics and techniques discussion about smash attack vulnerability...

Red numbers for grounded opponents, blue for aerial opponents. In this case it's the launch angle of the first hit. Basically just so it links better.

I think 361 is the Sakurai angle... Although I was just messing around with a few moves with that angle the other day and couldn't figure out why the angle wasn't changing. So, uh, IDK.

Can't imagine why they would. It's not Brawl's staling formula, anyway.

no way:

Old Bair was definitely better, but Fair? Eh. Not enough range on it for me to want it over his current Fair anyway. Old Dtilt's spike was... Finicky at best. Chances of getting it were practically zero with how awkwardly placed that hitbox was. Definitely miss Mirror Shield but GOs have their quirks too. WoI were broke lol.

Top Bottom