• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull Kid; The Lost Puppet - Assist Trophy status confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I would love to have Skull Kid in LoZ. Randomly posting in here, 3 guests are viewing this thread, as compared to 0 in Waluigi, Isaac, or K Rool.

I don't think a Skull kid moveset would be terribly difficult, as he has a lot of footage and fighting across the LoZ franchise. He'd definitely be a mixed bag charactered.

A lot of TP characteristics, probably have his darts from OOT, having Tael and maybe Tatl with him and thus attack, and etc. His basic image could be a more TP-body, holding a lantern, flute/etc. on back, wearing majora's mask, and having Tael (and maybe Tatl) following him. He could take off his mask sometimes. His Final Smash would be very easy.

I think physics wise, he'd be about average running speed, above average air speed, low lag, and with traction like Melee Mewtwo (he can float in MM), but as light as Pikachu, or something.

Skull Kid has too much character. He brings a very dark feel to Smash Bros, which Smash Bros is lacking.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Never looked for a Skull Kid thread, even though he is in my sig....

Majora's mask is my favorite Zelda and if I had to pick another rep it would hands down be Skull Kid, but I see his chances of appearing to be rather slim. There is a small hope due to the call for a 3ds remake and that poll, which may or may not have even reached him to an extent. I don't think a moveset for him would be too difficult to create. Actually, he could come out being very unique if all of his abilities from both games are mixed together properly. The Final smash is such a given as the moon falling and the timer screens are simply so iconic. More villians are needed in smash, so that is a plus.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I just wanna say that skull kid would be an awesome addition to Smash, and I would probably instantly main him. Im very biased about his inclusion, I mean look at my avatar :colorful:

I wanted to give you my flavor of his final smash. It would still be the moon, but a little bit different.

Basically, when the final smash is called, skull kid does that scream thing he does in MM, all while the moon appears as its mouth opens. Anyone caught underneath the moon at a certain radius will be sucked into the moon. A little cut scene will follow (kind of like caotain falcons) with majoras wrath whipping the character many times in the final boss room in MM. After, majora grabs the enemy with his whip(s) and flings you out the side of the screen, flying out of the moons mouth at extremely high speeds, usually resulting in death.

I feel this will represent the game better as a unique FS and people will like the character more than if he just had the moon smash on the ground (which would still be good.)

Thoughts?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Skull Kid's addition would be great but he would be a surprise pick along the lines of AC Villager and WFT.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm honestly surprised how enduringly popular Skull Kid has proven himself to be.

He's currently the most popular Zelda newcomer, even ahead of Ghirahim.

While I'm still really doubtful on his inclusion, I'll be happy to see him get an assist trophy at least.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm honestly surprised how enduringly popular Skull Kid has proven himself to be.

He's currently the most popular Zelda newcomer, even ahead of Ghirahim.

While I'm still really doubtful on his inclusion, I'll be happy to see him get an assist trophy at least.

Ghirahim is a flavor of the month and honestly won't have lasting appeal.

Midna is still really popular too and a main character arguable in one of the two best Zelda games ever.

Both Majora's Mask (Skull kid's title) and Twilight Princess (Midna's title) are Zelda titles that are still well recieved by most Zelda fans and considered the top 3D Zeldas along with Ocarina.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't think anyone here has given a moveset I completely agree with, so here is how I would do it:

B: shoots poison darts out of flute(horn if TP costume)

Side B: summons a marionette/puppet that rushes but can be controlled vertically(like Zelda's side B or Pit's arrows) and attacks within a certain range of the enemy before falling apart. (I would really like to give the player more control over the marionette/puppet, but I'm not sure how feasible or overpowered it might be.)

Down B: Blocks enemy's attack and disappears as jumping backwards.

Up B: Disappears in a whirlwind of leaves and teleports up.

A moves: I like the idea of him being floaty and using capoeira-type moves. In TP, Link could use his lantern to set things on fire, so I don't think it would be a stretch to give Skull Kid smash attacks with his lantern that are fire-based(although purple, for the reason explained below).

I didn't give him any of Majora's powers, because I don't want him to pigeon-holed into being just the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask. However, I would be okay with giving him the purple aura on some moves. In that vein, it might be cool if he were able to glide. Also, I would keep his Final Smash as calling down the Moon.

Here are some alternatives to the TP and MM costumes.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
It is even more likely now! For the Club.Nintendo rewards they were giving out a Majoras Mask original soundtrack CD! Coincidence? I THINK NOT! That means we have a bigger chance of Majoras Mask 3DS. But I would prefer Young Link w/ Masks

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Skull Kid is my personal fanboy wish, but realistically I don't see him getting in. He isn't really an iconic Zelda villain, and his game was over ten years ago. The only things he really has going for him are his popularity and a potentially unique moveset. I'd say a Majora's Mask remake could have boosted his chances, but keep in mind, guys - the roster is already finalized. A remake at this point would honestly have no effect, unless it was in development since before the roster was finalised and Sakurai actually knew about it.

That said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Skull Kid. He probably has the biggest chances out of any Zelda newcomer besides Ghirahim, and five Zelda reps isn't really out of the question (Assuming they drop Toon Link, which I really hope they do)

And his moveset should borrow from all three Skull Kid incarnations. I'd rather he didn't take any cues from the Majora's Mask fight at the end of the game. He has plenty of moves from those games instead of borrowing from (what is technically) another character.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
You do realize 4chan is capable of organizing sabotages even without bots, right?
You must be mistaken. Even though they love Majora's Mask, they hate the ideal of Skull Kid being in Smash. Zelda Informer was the who bot spammed all the Zelda characters.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
There was no bot spamming in the final round. It's like you didn't even read the comment you quoted. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant that Zelda Informer sabotaged the vote with unique votes. It seems much more plausible that people from Zelda Informer actually wanted Skull Kid to win. That's not sabotage. That's people casting their vote in a fair contest.

Sonsa

Smash Champion

Hey, least he's in the game! And looking great! You know he's ganna crash the moon into everyone...

D

Deleted member

And as such is end of the hope of Skull Kid becoming playable in this game, who is the second character to meet the wrath of disconfirmation (the first being Toad). Not that he had a chance anyway (nor did I want him in), but sympathy goes out to all Skull Kid supporters nonetheless. Perhaps if Majora's Mask 3D is a reality and Skull Kid is among the most wanted for Smash Bros. 6 would he have a shot of getting in. At least the Assist Trophy looks promising.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Can this be the super-awesome "Let's talk about the first revealed Assist Trophy for Super Smash Bros. 4, whose name is Skull Kid!" thread now?

First off, he looks AWESOME. Second, Moonfall or bust.

EDIT: I can't say I'm not sad that he is an assist trophy, as I wanted him to be a playable character, but that Sakurai acknowledged him to this extent when he didn't even get a trophy in Brawl is pretty awesome in my book, and while this means that we're gonna start getting true deconfirmations via new Assist Trophies sprouting up, I for one find it really awesome that Sakurai decided to reveal Skull Kid first before anybody else, new or returning.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hell Yeah, I've always wanted Skull Kidd, and I did see this coming if he didn't make it as a playable ~

Still I'm real happy for his inclusion as an Assisst Trophy ~

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Y'know considering Skull Kid never really had a chance anyway, this is the best realistic outcome people could've asked for.

Plus he looks gorgeous and will probably **** things up tremendously with dat moon. :awesome:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If Sakurai know what he is doing (Which he mostly does) then I think we all know what the Attack it will be "End of Final Day" ~

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I apologize to all Skull Kid supporters. One of the first characters to meet disconfirmation for Smash 4.

I hope you can settle for him being an Assist Trophy. Personally I'm very glad he made it in Smash in some form. (other than as a normal trophy or a sticker)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this was the best outcome for Skull Kid in my books but he's looking awesome and it means that this time Sakurai isn't just taking elements from the first and most recent games.

Can't wait to see him in action.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The third character to be KO'd by Sakurai (after Balloon Fighter and Toad.)

Looking forward to Skull Kid PSA's; that model looks really nice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Before this thread falls off the map here's some great Majora music

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I was hoping he would be smash's first puppet master fighter. The moveset potential is there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Y'know considering Skull Kid never really had a chance anyway, this is the best realistic outcome people could've asked for.

Plus he looks gorgeous and will probably **** things up tremendously with dat moon. :awesome:
Majora's Mask is a one-time only villain as well, unlike Ganondorf. So yeah, I wasn't expecting much out of Skull Kid, nor his mask.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
At least there is now an awesome model for Project M.2 to use to create his character later in the hacked version. Too bad, I would have loved SK as a playable.

Also, as an unrealistic character choice, this is probably the best outcome Skull Kid supporters could have gotten anyway. Hopefully we'll get that other puppet--Geno!

Rejoice! Skull Kid is in the new game, that's most than most small-time characters could say!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
At least there is now an awesome model for Project M.2 to use to create his character later in the hacked version. Too bad, I would have loved SK as a playable.

Also, as an unrealistic character choice, this is probably the best outcome Skull Kid supporters could have gotten anyway. Hopefully we'll get that other puppet--Geno!

Rejoice! Skull Kid is in the new game, that's most than most small-time characters could say!
Meh I don't think he'll appear in the game, getting all those rights just to make him an AT doesn't seem worth it. :/

Koopaul

Smash Champion
At least he's in the game probably doing something awesome. The Toad supporters still have the guy as a meat shield.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Although I would have loved SK to be playable, the assist trophy was the most likely chance. When I saw the pic, my reaction was a loud OH MY GOSH!!! Then I saw he was an assist trophy... A little bitvsilly, and everyone was staring at me...

Welcome to smash 4 Skull Kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom