• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR2 $50 MM Callout Thread: Seibrik vs Salem

Djent

Smash Champion
My stream was lagging to the point of being unwatchable. Stupid ****ty overpriced-ass hotel internet. Thanks for the update though.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
People are starting to know the zss MU pretty well...
Congrats seibrek for winning.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Seibrik is just exceptionally good vs ZSS lol. Most MKs are still trash at the MU unless they're from FL or NY NJ and even still it's only the top players of each state

Player -0

Smash Hero
My stream was lagging to the point of being unwatchable. Stupid ****ty overpriced-*** hotel internet. Thanks for the update though.
Mine was too lol, it actually helped for me to turn up the quality to 480p.
Anyway Esam (Commentating, said this after) and M2K (In Stream Chat) both said that Seibrik is best by learning his opponent so it probably would've been better for Salem if he tried to finish it as early as possible.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Seibrik is just exceptionally good vs ZSS lol. Most MKs are still trash at the MU unless they're from FL or NY NJ and even still it's only the top players of each state
Seibrik played like garbage for the majority of the set. MK is awful for ZSS.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I didn't watch cuz I have no Internet in my new home right now lol

Also I'd believe it, seibrik looked a little off when he played TO Joe also

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Because Seibrik shouldn't ever lose a BO7.
Is it because of Seibrik's mentality or the ability of MK to comeback?

no MK ever should
Don't you think you guys are overrating MK a bit? Salem, in my opinion, is of a higher caliber than Seibrek. Meaning that a character like MK shouldn't be the main reason for the world's best ZSS's defeat.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
what ability of mk making a comback happened in game 7?

that was just me learning the player and his not adapting back fast enough

give credit where it's due and recognize when the character carries the player and when the player carries the character (i'm not claiming i carried mk, but im responsibile for winning that mm, not mk)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
what ability of mk making a comback happened in game 7?

that was just me learning the player and his not adapting back fast enough

give credit where it's due and recognize when the character carries the player and when the player carries the character (i'm not claiming i carried mk, but im responsibile for winning that mm, not mk)
Well, you won that set. You played badly in the first game but somehow made a comeback and adapted, and I you're supposed to be credited for that. However, NickRiddle and Tesh, who both have superior knowledge of the MU are stating otherwise. I'm interested in hearing their point of view on the subject.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no, riddle wasn't saying i shouldn't lose a bo7 because mk, he was literally saying it because Seibrik

i'm really good at adapting

in the sense that

no i might not adapt the fastest (aka within one game like top players, at least not yet) but i adapt the strongest (i will learn in a few games what u will want to do in just about every situation) which is why i was able to do like 2 0-80 strings on salem game 7

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
no, riddle wasn't saying i shouldn't lose a bo7 because mk, he was literally saying it because Seibrik

i'm really good at adapting

in the sense that

no i might not adapt the fastest (aka within one game like top players, at least not yet) but i adapt the strongest (i will learn in a few games what u will want to do in just about every situation) which is why i was able to do like 2 0-80 strings on salem game 7
You did a good job on game 7. However, I'm curious on a specific occurrence in the set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAElrPJL8CA&t=27m35s
Was this due to choking/being nervous? Or is there any other reason behind it?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i swear to ****ing god i pressed shield and my controller just said "nope"

thats why i reset my controller before every game idk it just decided it was my time i guess

thats why i dont get mad tho, theres too much **** that can randomly happen to get mad at it every time

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
i swear to ****ing god i pressed shield and my controller just said "nope"

thats why i reset my controller before every game idk it just decided it was my time i guess

thats why i dont get mad tho, theres too much **** that can randomly happen to get mad at it every time
What is your overall opinion on the set, on the ZSS vs MK Matchup, and on Salem as a player?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the set was ****ing phenominal

i'm so happy with how everything played out, win or lose

im very happy that it went to game 7, i perfer that over sweeping or getting swept, it made for a very very exciting set both to play but to watch for the viewers and for me to watch from home again and again

the mathchup imo is 6/4 but the issue everyone has when they see a matchup like that is "**** its not even i lose" but honestly

people always say matchups like that matter when its talking about two players of even skill

but if smash has taught me anything its this

in any ONE moment, two players are NEVER of equal skill

someone is always going to be better than the other by some degree

that being said 6/4 is def. still in the means of the better player winning

thats that

ZSS, and anyone else with a 6/4 mu on mk can def. win

it just takes being the more skilled player in that given set

if u lose you have no one to blame but yourself for not being that much better than your opponent

that being said, Salem is AMAZING

i think this set overall really did show the metagame of this given matchup at this given point in time

i always found it funny that out of any character, people seem to care the most about who the best ZSS is.

i think this is largely due to the skill gap between all the best ZSS's being actually really small

there are way more mk's around but people hardly argue who's the best one, they just look at results and agree with whatever happens

every ZSS player, and i've played every notable one, has something that they're better at than the other

Nickriddle is by far the best at being defensive and ****** airdodge habits

V115 has the quickest recoveries and i have a really hard time positioning myself the way i need to edgeguard him

Salem has the BEST pressure game with his fast/agressive/stylistic playstyle and is the best at ****** mk's for not airdodging as well as the best at handling mk's pressure and tornado

DRN however is like... the Mario of ZSS's

he's pretty good at all of these things

i'm not saying that is why he beat me, but if you end up seeing him beat me again, or placing really well at apex, don't be surprised

So right now i'll say this

there is no clear cut BEST ZSS, but there are clearly things that all ZSS's are best at

and if i were any of them i would be reading this and looking at what the other ZSS's are better than you at, and working on those things.

if your not the best at all of those things, you will never be the best ZSS

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
every ZSS player, and i've played every notable one, has something that they're better at than the other

V115 has the quickest recoveries and i have a really hard time positioning myself the way i need to edgeguard him

Salem has the BEST pressure game with his fast/agressive/stylistic playstyle and is the best at ****** mk's for not airdodging as well as the best at handling mk's pressure and tornado

What about quiksilver?

And there's also the Japanese ZSSes that haven't come to North America yet.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
the set was ****ing phenominal

i'm so happy with how everything played out, win or lose

im very happy that it went to game 7, i perfer that over sweeping or getting swept, it made for a very very exciting set both to play but to watch for the viewers and for me to watch from home again and again

the mathchup imo is 6/4 but the issue everyone has when they see a matchup like that is "**** its not even i lose" but honestly

people always say matchups like that matter when its talking about two players of even skill

but if smash has taught me anything its this

in any ONE moment, two players are NEVER of equal skill

someone is always going to be better than the other by some degree

that being said 6/4 is def. still in the means of the better player winning

thats that

ZSS, and anyone else with a 6/4 mu on mk can def. win

it just takes being the more skilled player in that given set

if u lose you have no one to blame but yourself for not being that much better than your opponent

that being said, Salem is AMAZING

i think this set overall really did show the metagame of this given matchup at this given point in time

i always found it funny that out of any character, people seem to care the most about who the best ZSS is.

i think this is largely due to the skill gap between all the best ZSS's being actually really small

there are way more mk's around but people hardly argue who's the best one, they just look at results and agree with whatever happens

i'm not saying that is why he beat me, but if you end up seeing him beat me again, or placing really well at apex, don't be surprised

So right now i'll say this

there is no clear cut BEST ZSS, but there are clearly things that all ZSS's are best at

and if i were any of them i would be reading this and looking at what the other ZSS's are better than you at, and working on those things.

if your not the best at all of those things, you will never be the best ZSS
Glad you enjoyed it. We had an argument in ESAM's thread regarding your desire to battle Salem out. No offence, but I thought you were an arrogant person who will face shameful defeat, I still did 4 games into the set. However, Salem had somewhat of a mental breakdown when you adapted and made correct choices and ultimately proved yourself as a player who knows how to edgeguard Zero Suit Samus, this changed my opinion towards you as a Metaknight player and a person in general. Keep up the good work.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'm not ACTUALLY arrogant, I just put on that face to get the matches that I want to happen.

Although I will say i'm pretty confident to beat just about any player in a Bo7 (anyone outside of FL that is)

so i wouldn't mind making these $50 Bo7 mm's a thing I do at every national, just gotta find players brave enough to do it :p

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Although I will say i'm pretty confident to beat just about any player in a Bo7 (anyone outside of FL that is)
Bo7 my Young Link in Melee son :dazwa:

Good stuff in the money match btw! This is a set I really wanted to see at APEX and I'm glad it got the spotlight it deserved. Hitting game 7 was icing on the cake combo :D

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i was really happy he beat me

i usually get some form of upsett when i lose but for some reason i was just really proud of him, especially given the circumstances for ZSS this weekend lol

Top Bottom