• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skill Ladder...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
How does one suck altogether if he does not use advanced skills?

How can one suck using advanced skills?

Skill ladder...

Those who consider themselves good, are usually good, compared to someone else who "sucks." I don't use Wave dashing and I don't L-cancel every move. Do I suck? Compared to advanced tech junkies, yea... I would get my *** kicked...

Compared to individuals who don't? I do not suck. I am tired of the ignorance against people who do not use skills being absolutely sucky at the game. Who are you to say? Have you faced me? No. Shut your mouth. Have I faced you? No, which is why I don't run my mouth on a forum board claiming things that are unknown. I am just sick and tired of the ignorance.....

I understand there are individuals who could mop the floor with me because they have the techniques that I do not utilize due to lack of interest to use them. I choose not to use these techs because the people I face, require no need for such things. I am good, I consider myself good, because I win a lot against individuals who really try. They are human, they give me a run for my money, but a good bit of the time, I come out on top.

Thus I am good. In the advanced techers defense, they do not suck with or without techs. You can not say for sure, as you have not seen them not use it. Without the techs, they could still be beastly.

I guess what my point is that I am fed up with people claiming things over the internet of how they are better than such and such and how such and such sucks because such and such does this, and such and such does that....

**** off. Skill ladder baby, skill ladder...

Every person will be able to beat somebody, and be beaten by somebody...

Nobody is invincible.

That is all.

Give me my **** cookie.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
"I guess what my point is that I am fed up with people claiming things over the internet of how they are better than such and such and how such and such sucks because such and such does this, and such and such does that...."

I believe that the trash talk is generated by the "low" skilled players, atleast that I my experience in the tournament scene. Irrelevant but don't you hate those noobs that pull the "wow you have no life/ geez do you play this all day" card when you kick their *****.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
"I guess what my point is that I am fed up with people claiming things over the internet of how they are better than such and such and how such and such sucks because such and such does this, and such and such does that...."

I believe that the trash talk is generated by the "low" skilled players, atleast that I my experience in the tournament scene. Irrelevant but don't you hate those noobs that pull the "wow you have no life/ geez do you play this all day" card when you kick their *****.
Meh, it dosen't really get to me. It is annoying when it happens though.

Mama

Smash Ace
I think that all the really trash talkie people are the ones that aren't too good at the game or with their advanced techniques. They may have a grasp on them but probably don't utilize them well.

I think that people can get really good without L-canceling and all that but in order to transcend their limits and be tournament material they've gotta step their game up. The advance techniques only seem uninteresting until you start putting them in to practice trust me.

If you play with friends even if its once and a while I'd seriously recommend looking into the advanced how to play videos. Get your friends to start practicing and then you'll eventually raise all of your skill levels without even noticing it. Until you look back on how you used to play. Do it casually. get the idea of how to do it in your head (as well as your friends) and you'll all grow skill wise as a result of it.

Anther

Smash Champion
Yeah...
You're like a guy that hangs around the Junior varsity tennis players. You're good amongst them, but the Varsity players use topspin, kickspin serves, dropshop techniques, have to read a lot more strategies than anyone will use against you, their mental games are miles ahead of yours because of the barriers they've faced in learning new techniques and applying them, and experiencing things you haven't even had to think about facing yet....

If you can't even match the technical prowness of the "real" good people then... yeah, you tend to not be able to compete. It's just another level of competitiveness that you're not interested in.

Truth be told, even in sports, I play tennis very competitively, and am quite technical on the court. I consider myself... decent at best, it's good to be modest. I just can't compete with certain people because they're even more technical than I can hope to achieve in a short amount of time, or just plain too experienced.

You don't have half the experience of any of the top 100 players in the Nation... and it's really not a hard ladder to climb at all. You're not good XD... but at the same time you're not inept and suck at the game and life =].

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Yeah...
You're like a guy that hangs around the Junior varsity tennis players. You're good amongst them, but the Varsity players use topspin, kickspin serves, dropshop techniques, have to read a lot more strategies than anyone will use against you, their mental games are miles ahead of yours because of the barriers they've faced in learning new techniques and applying them, and experiencing things you haven't even had to think about facing yet....

If you can't even match the technical prowness of the "real" good people then... yeah, you tend to not be able to compete. It's just another level of competitiveness that you're not interested in.

Truth be told, even in sports, I play tennis very competitively, and am quite technical on the court. I consider myself... decent at best, it's good to be modest. I just can't compete with certain people because they're even more technical than I can hope to achieve in a short amount of time, or just plain too experienced.

You don't have half the experience of any of the top 100 players in the Nation... and it's really not a hard ladder to climb at all. You're not good XD... but at the same time you're not inept and suck at the game and life =].
...You are comparing a videogame to tennis...

and you are only further proving my point, by restating what I did. I do not suck all around, I suck compared to people who go further with it. I do not care enough to bother with it, I have faced people that do all that mess before, and have had my *** handed to me. I tried using the techs, and I didn't like it. I don't have the patience to spend hours and hours trying to get good with advanced techs because that is my own choice. I don't see the point if what I do works asis to my main oppenents.

How do I suck at life? Amuse me. I love it when you kids try and take a logical thread and turn it into a personal attack against someone.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Tennis (especially competetive tennis) is different than casual Smash though. You'll basically chose who you're gonna play, your friends, not just some random person from the tennis club.

Good and bad is very much based on opinion, even if the majority of people think good is something. People play for fun and shouldn't be 'flamed' because, in your opinion, they're not good.

Edit: Beaten to it. x.o

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Tennis (especially competetive tennis) is different than casual Smash though. You'll basically chose who you're gonna play, your friends, not just some random person from the tennis club.

Good and bad is very much based on opinion, even if the majority of people think good is something. People play for fun and shouldn't be 'flamed' because, in your opinion, they're not good.

Edit: Beaten to it. x.o
It's a darn shame that we don't have more people like you.

It is basically what I have been trying to get through to people all along...

but do they listen? Heck no...

Anther

Smash Champion
That last sentence was a typo. I meant to say you don't suck at the game and life XD. It did do a good job of destroying any merit my message could've had though because that's kind of rude to say. lol

Tennis tournaments you don't really choose who you're gonna play... I don't see where they're not paralleled. it's not really competitive tennis if you're playing your friends all the time... Same with smash, though most of the smashers in Michigan are my 'friends' of sort by now..

My fault for the saying you suck at life part. but yeah, put the don't in there. I mean to say that in a positive way, but missed typing a word >.>... actually it's more of bad sentence structure.
(but at the same time you're( not inept and don't suck at the game and life ))=].
I was trying to say you're good at getting better... in an off way.

But yah, of course good and bad are opinions based on who's looking at you. Jesus would look at me play and think I suck, but he loves everyone equally and stuff like that so he'd tell me I was blessed for playing a low tier character and the time I spent getting good with it would've been better placed elsewhere... but my sins will be forgiven regardless... or something like that.

_X_

Smash Lord
Meh, it dosen't really get to me. It is annoying when it happens though.
AHAHAH

It doesn't get to you but you start a thread whining about it?!

**** or get off the pot son.

It's not our fault you can't wave dash or L-cancel. Maybe you should spend less time crying and more practicing.

Hell, I'll even give you some tips. :laugh:

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
That last sentence was a typo. I meant to say you don't suck at the game and life XD. It did do a good job of destroying any merit my message could've had though because that's kind of rude to say. lol

Tennis tournaments you don't really choose who you're gonna play... I don't see where they're not paralleled. it's not really competitive tennis if you're playing your friends all the time... Same with smash, though most of the smashers in Michigan are my 'friends' of sort by now..

My fault for the saying you suck at life part. but yeah, put the don't in there. I mean to say that in a positive way, but missed typing a word >.>.

But yah, of course good and bad are opinions based on who's looking at you. Jesus would look at me play and think I suck, but he loves everyone equally and stuff like that so he'd tell me I was blessed for playing a low tier character and the time I spent getting good with it would've been better placed elsewhere... but my sins will be forgiven regardless... or something like that
Funny how one word can totally botch a whole message by changing the tone of the message eh? I accept your apology and believe you, as you were on the right track before that.

Please don't bring religion into this. Watch the thread become a large religion war afterwords from it. =P

I get your point, and it is a good point, but like I said, I have actually tried fighting these guys who do this stuff commonly. I got my *** thrashed, but I made a good effort. I even made a great effort to try my hand at what they performed, but it never was good enough. Then I asked myself, "what am I doing? This is not bringing me any joy whatsoever. I can pwn without this stuff." I probably WD once-twice in a match, but that is only if I know it will be unhindered.

I SHFF, not SHFFL. =D

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
AHAHAH

It doesn't get to you but you start a thread whining about it?!

**** or get off the pot son.

It's not our fault you can't wave dash or L-cancel. Maybe you should spend less time crying and more practicing.

Hell, I'll even give you some tips. :laugh:
Way to not even read what I was quoting to kid. I was quoting to what annoyed that guy as something that did not annoy me.

Learn to read. I swear, it's funny how predictable everyone around here is.

Always trying to start **** that is never there in the first place.

Shut up.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
"It is basically what I have been trying to get through to people all along...
but do they listen? Heck no..."

The idea of "no one is invincible" is quite common sense is it not?

"...You are comparing a videogame to tennis..."
He is comparing the competitive aspect and skill acquiring process between them, I do not see any flaw in the comparison since the original post would display the same idea if replaced by athletic jargon.

Mama

Smash Ace
...You are comparing a videogame to tennis...

and you are only further proving my point, by restating what I did. I do not suck all around, I suck compared to people who go further with it. I do not care enough to bother with it, I have faced people that do all that mess before, and have had my *** handed to me. I tried using the techs, and I didn't like it. I don't have the patience to spend hours and hours trying to get good with advanced techs because that is my own choice. I don't see the point if what I do works asis to my main oppenents.

How do I suck at life? Amuse me. I love it when you kids try and take a logical thread and turn it into a personal attack against someone.
He meant that you are not inept and that you don't suck at the game and life. That was simply poor sentence structure. He was basically trying to say that while you may suck in comparison its not like you're totally garbage at the game. (inept means you don't have skill) He was comparing competitive play to competitive play. Tennis players have advanced techniques too just like Smash players. You don't have to learn the advanced techniques. Its just more fun. It enhances your play and opens new doors.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
He meant that you are not inept and that you don't suck at the game and life. That was simply poor sentence structure. He was basically trying to say that while you may suck in comparison its not like you're totally garbage at the game. (inept means you don't have skill) He was comparing competitive play to competitive play. Tennis players have advanced techniques too just like Smash players. You don't have to learn the advanced techniques. Its just more fun. It enhances your play and opens new doors.
We have already crossed that bridge. I totally forgave him for it.

Anther

Smash Champion
Oh yes, I didn't see these original quesitons...:
-You can play very smart and whatnot, but you're playing at a disadvantage. You're going to play against people that effectively punish your tactics, because they know and can perform 20 counters to your 5 tactics that you are capable of pulling off. While they have 50 tactics that you've never dealt with and you can only counter one by fluke.

-At least they're learning the nothing held back version of the game, but still, there are people that are very technically sound, and I'll still 3-4-stock them consistently (though I tend to ... not... lol) because they aren't looking at the mental game at the same level as I can.

My fault for the tennis jargon in my previous post, I forgot everyone doesn't know what that stuff is T__T.

Mama

Smash Ace
-You can play very smart and whatnot, but you're playing at a disadvantage. You're going to play against people that effectively punish your tactics, because they know and can perform 20 counters to your 5 tactics that you are capable of pulling off. While they have 50 tactics that you've never dealt with and you can only counter one by fluke.

-At least they're learning the nothing held back version of the game, but still, there are people that are very technically sound, and I'll still 3-4-stock them consistently (though I tend to ... not... lol) because they aren't looking at the mental game at the same level as I can.

My fault for the tennis jargon in my previous post, I forgot everyone doesn't know what that stuff is T__T.
The last part is especially true. The advantage to the lower skill level is being unaware to the tactical mind play lol.

If you can SHFF but not SHFFL then you are actually pretty close to going higher up the skill ladder. L-canceling would become second nature and you don't have to sit around and focus on timing all the time. Just think to hit L, R , or Z before you hit the ground after doing a move. When you understand the timing then you've just "leveled up". You could never learn to wave dash and but be a really good player. All you have to do is keep your friends playing at the same level. If you can do something they can't show them how, plant the seed and let them water it so to speak.

You may not think it seems fun in the learning process but once you get it down you'll wonder how you've been playing so long without it. Trust me I was in the EXACT same situation before about 2 years ago (or a little less).

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Again dude, it's not a big deal. I am not mad at ya. :laugh:

Those questions were pretty obvious to answer, but thanks for going a bit in depth with them. They really didn't need to be answered though, I was just trying to lead into the thread. :p

I hear you on the answers, however, can they truly be considered "sucky" for being "inexperienced?" =O

Anther

Smash Champion
I thought the definition of inexperienced was Sucky...

everything I've been experienced at... I consider myself sucking. lol...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
The last part is especially true. The advantage to the lower skill level is being unaware to the tactical mind play lol.

If you can SHFF but not SHFFL then you are actually pretty close to going higher up the skill ladder. L-canceling would become second nature and you don't have to sit around and focus on timing all the time. Just think to hit L, R , or Z before you hit the ground after doing a move. When you understand the timing then you've just "leveled up". You could never learn to wave dash and but be a really good player. All you have to do is keep your friends playing at the same level. If you can do something they can't show them how, plant the seed and let them water it so to speak.

You may not think it seems fun in the learning process but once you get it down you'll wonder how you've been playing so long without it. Trust me I was in the EXACT same situation before about 2 years ago (or a little less).
I just don't see the point of shaving off that excess lag when I battle my friends. It just isn't needed, and although the l-canceled SHFFL'ed knee and/or Nair from Falcon is apparent when I do it right, I just don't care enough to press that extra button, especially when I press it to early or too late. They are pretty much in the same boat as me, except that they can't nail Fast-falling to save their lives.

Anther

Smash Champion
There's no reason to motivate yourself to do anything o.O. If the advantages gained are apparent... then you don't have to do it. It's more fun playing against someone that doens't see the advantage of l-cancelling anyway =]. The only bad part is that I'll see everytime that no l-cancelling is taking place, thus I can just stand there, sheild, and grab ya... and win money. But seriously, playing to the max isn't for everyone... you'll just hit skill plateaus that are a lot harsher than someone that spends time learning the better habits.

While people that can l-cancel can counter sheild grabbing by attacking and jumping, or attacking and rolling away, or landing and shining or grabbing or whatever. Your only option is to outspace your opponent everytime..

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
People play Brawl for fun (ME). I don't have the time to learn how to wavedash, etc. But I'm not interested either.

As you say, our playing techniques are based on who we fight... people who Knows all those advance (and annoying) techniques usually play in tourneys, so you're talking about two different kind of people. Then, it's not something to argue about.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
This is a waste of a topic if you ask me.

Why should anyone care what someone tells them over the internet anyway? So what they said you suck? you're contempt with your lv of skill and simply choose not to push yourself any further.

Should they say you suck because of that?
No its a waste of time to say that, and I was never one to believe in putting a player that I never fought before down.
Will they say that you suck anyway?
Oh yeah, but why should you give? it's the internet, nothing matters about what people say about you.

All in all, if you decide not to put the hours in to learn all the techs, people way talk down to you. But it's the internet so who cares? Besides a thread won't stop them, it'll just waste your time.

And if you lost to someone in real life and they talk **** about you, well they beat you so just walk away or do a rematch.

_X_

Smash Lord
Way to not even read what I was quoting to kid. I was quoting to what annoyed that guy as something that did not annoy me.

Learn to read. I swear, it's funny how predictable everyone around here is.

Always trying to start **** that is never there in the first place.

Shut up.
I find it strange that you accuse me of not reading something when you TOTALY missed the meaning of my message.

You said "Meh, it dosen't really get to me. It is annoying when it happens though."

First you said it didn't annoy you then you go on it say it is annoying. It clearly annoys you thus why you made this stupid thread.

You should be practicing lad.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Okay, Here we go.

Why should you be considered "good" if you don't put the time and practice into advancing your game. Why should you be called "good" if you lose to the advanced players.

You're basically saying "I can pwn all my friends, so I'm good". But you admit that you get your *** handed to you your everyday advanced tech user.

But your true skill isn't in comparison to them right? Wrong. Your skill level has everything to do with the comparitive skill levels of other players, for they are the ones who make up the rest of the community. Skill is not absolute, skill is relative.

It's just like when people say "Every character is good in their own way!", they try to take the character alone and judge their merits, but they don't look at the characters that are actually good. The high tiers are way better characters in comparison to the low tiers, so how can the low tiers be considered "good" if most of the others that they will be facing are a lot better than them?

_X_

Smash Lord
Okay, Here we go.

Why should you be considered "good" if you don't put the time and practice into advancing your game. Why should you be called "good" if you lose to the advanced players.

You're basically saying "I can pwn all my friends, so I'm good". But you admit that you get your *** handed to you your everyday advanced tech user.

But your true skill isn't in comparison to them right? Wrong. Your skill level has everything to do with the comparitive skill levels of other players, for they are the ones who make up the rest of the community. Skill is not absolute, skill is relative.

It's just like when people say "Every character is good in their own way!", they try to take the character alone and judge their merits, but they don't look at the characters that are actually good. The high tiers are way better characters in comparison to the low tiers, so how can the low tiers be considered "good" if most of the others that they will be facing are a lot better than them?
Logic, in this thread?!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
God bless you Eaode.

We aren't saying you suck, which you assumed. But an advance tech user who is really into the metagame is not going to call you good unless you are AMAZING with mindgames and you really utilize the characters attacks well. Even that is hard to come by w/o advanced techniques, but I'm not saying it's impossible for someone using the techniques to call you good.

Most likely though, they will say you aren't very good, you suck, or you are inexperienced. Which can all be true based on relativity to the top players.

Skill ladder...

Those who consider themselves good, are usually good, compared to someone else who "sucks." I don't use Wave dashing and I don't L-cancel every move. Do I suck? Compared to advanced tech junkies, yea... I would get my *** kicked...

Compared to individuals who don't? I do not suck. I am tired of the ignorance against people who do not use skills being absolutely sucky at the game. Who are you to say? Have you faced me? No. Shut your mouth. Have I faced you? No, which is why I don't run my mouth on a forum board claiming things that are unknown. I am just sick and tired of the ignorance.....

I understand there are individuals who could mop the floor with me because they have the techniques that I do not utilize due to lack of interest to use them. I choose not to use these techs because the people I face, require no need for such things. I am good, I consider myself good, because I win a lot against individuals who really try. They are human, they give me a run for my money, but a good bit of the time, I come out on top.

Thus I am good. In the advanced techers defense, they do not suck with or without techs. You can not say for sure, as you have not seen them not use it. Without the techs, they could still be beastly.

I guess what my point is that I am fed up with people claiming things over the internet of how they are better than such and such and how such and such sucks because such and such does this, and such and such does that....

**** off. Skill ladder baby, skill ladder...

Every person will be able to beat somebody, and be beaten by somebody...

Nobody is invincible.

That is all.

Give me my **** cookie.
Here we go with this again.

The confusion with Smash Bros elitist and how they play vs. skill isn't and will never be a seperate argument. You, for example, think that we are "competative tech junkies" because we use techniques beyond traditonal format, thus, we win. The truth of the matter is that one cannot win with advanced techniques without having knowledge over basic factors in the game.

Making comparisons/differences of casual and advanced smasher doesn't necessarily make any sense, because we are on the same side of the spectrum as the casual smashers. Us, being elitist are good not only through dedication, but through being intelligent. Knowing when and how to use every technique (Advanced and basic) and implementing them in a way that will alter the tide of a battle is the essential backbone of competative/basic smash. We acknowledge the basics of smash play (casual) but we make it more 'educated'; less than just rushing at the opponent, but the proper way to do so and how it can benifit you. Advanced tactics exist for the sole reason of benifit that is evolved beyond basics, which will inevitably do for the greater good in the long run.

Let's take for example how knowledge can benift:

Peach vs. Falco for example.

A good Peach player knows that a Falco will be offensive when he uses SHL( Hit stun causes immobilization), Dair(Hitstun on shield is high) >Shine, SHFFL'd aerials, D-tilts( quick damage, can sometimes go under shields when reduced enough), U-tilts.

Lets say that Falco did a successful pillar combo while Peach ws shielding. At that moment she wouldn't have an opportunity to shield grab if the Falco was consistent with his attack. But if the flow of the attack becomes inconsistent because the opponent decided to use his D-tilt because of the shield reduction. Since the hitstun isn't in effect during the D-tilt animation, the Peach was able to Nair out of her shield.

The Peach player knew that most Falco players can become inconsistent with their pillars, so decided to take the opportunity to retreat from the attack.

This is just an example of how character specific match up knowledge has great benifits.

One can easily claim you suck ? How? Well, if you can't even implement a basic technique in your game or you refuse to, that means you lack dedication towards this game (Which is why professional players are professional), thus you would probably loose to the average player who is deducated to this game.

Sure, you can think that we are good because we can use these advanced techniques, but contrary to popular belief, that isn't why we are egotistical. We consider ourselves better than the average player because of the amount of dedication we put into playing this game on a higher level, where is the casual player, thinks that they do not requier dedication towards the game to be good; not looking at it from a serious perspective; believe that we are technical junkies who don't have skill without (insert "cheap glitch" here).

dedication and drive towards anything and everything always have prolonging benifits. If you lack dedication, one cannot truly be skilled in an area. No one can have a talent and expect to be proficient in it without practice.

Mama

Smash Ace
Here we go with this again.

The confusion with Smash Bros elitist and how they play vs. skill isn't and will never be a seperate argument. You, for example, think that we are "competative tech junkies" because we use techniques beyond traditonal format, thus, we win. The truth of the matter is that one cannot win with advanced techniques without having knowledge over basic factors in the game.

Making comparisons/differences of casual and advanced smasher doesn't necessarily make any sense, because we are on the same side of the spectrum as the casual smashers. Us, being elitist are good not only through dedication, but through being intelligent. Knowing when and how to use every technique (Advanced and basic) and implementing them in a way that will alter the tide of a battle is the essential backbone of competative/basic smash. We acknowledge the basics of smash play (casual) but we make it more 'educated'; less than just rushing at the opponent, but the proper way to do so and how it can benifit you. Advanced tactics exist for the sole reason of benifit that is evolved beyond basics, which will inevitably do for the greater good in the long run.

Let's take for example how knowledge can benift:

Peach vs. Falco for example.

A good Peach player knows that a Falco will be offensive when he uses SHL( Hit stun causes immobilization), Dair(Hitstun on shield is high) >Shine, SHFFL'd aerials, D-tilts( quick damage, can sometimes go under shields when reduced enough), U-tilts.

Lets say that Falco did a successful pillar combo while Peach ws shielding. At that moment she wouldn't have an opportunity to shield grab if the Falco was consistent with his attack. But if the flow of the attack becomes inconsistent because the opponent decided to use his D-tilt because of the shield reduction. Since the hitstun isn't in effect during the D-tilt animation, the Peach was able to Nair out of her shield.

The Peach player knew that most Falco players can become inconsistent with their pillars, so decided to take the opportunity to retreat from the attack.

This is just an example of how character specific match up knowledge has great benifits.

One can easily claim you suck ? How? Well, if you can't even implement a basic technique in your game or you refuse to, that means you lack dedication towards this game (Which is why professional players are professional), thus you would probably loose to the average player who is deducated to this game.

Sure, you can think that we are good because we can use these advanced techniques, but contrary to popular belief, that isn't why we are egotistical. We consider ourselves better than the average player because of the amount of dedication we put into playing this game on a higher level, where is the casual player, thinks that they do not requier dedication towards the game to be good; not looking at it from a serious perspective; believe that we are technical junkies who don't have skill without (insert "cheap glitch" here).

dedication and drive towards anything and everything always have prolonging benifits. If you lack dedication, one cannot truly be skilled in an area. No one can have a talent and expect to be proficient in it without practice.

*Epilogue* And so the long running debates between casual and pro smashers was put to an end and the closed minded players on both sides opened their eyes. The end.

That was the best thread ending post I've seen in a while. Kudos.

pmak187

Smash Cadet
advanced techniques are like bukkake. You just cant talk **** about it until you've tried it. :p

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
To answer the question: First one: Imagine you are playing basket ball one on one except you are the fat kid while he is the athlete (the fat kid was for humor effect no offense intended >_>). He can do all sorts of dribbling tricks and is just much faster runner than you are so his athelticism alone makes it so you can't compete up with him. Even if he was predictable or some such thing. In other words, advance tech users are much faster than your character is and can more effectively catch and punish mistakes (and they usually are better at the mental aspects to but that is not always the case).

How can an advance technique user suck? Well, if he was just learning techs. He could be using some in the wrong places and not pulling them off consistently. Another thing is that they aren't playing smart and so they run into fsmashes or something.

And EPF, that was beautiful. *Sniff*

We can always find out how good you are by playing some of us online. Muwhahahah. Evil Tech junkie stuff.

To answer the question: First one: Imagine you are playing basket ball one on one except you are the fat kid while he is the athlete (the fat kid was for humor effect no offense intended >_>). He can do all sorts of dribbling tricks and is just much faster runner than you are so his athelticism alone makes it so you can't compete up with him. Even if he was predictable or some such thing. In other words, advance tech users are much faster than your character is and can more effectively catch and punish mistakes (and they usually are better at the mental aspects to but that is not always the case).

How can an advance technique user suck? Well, if he was just learning techs. He could be using some in the wrong places and not pulling them off consistently. Another thing is that they aren't playing smart and so they run into fsmashes or something.

And EPF, that was beautiful. *Sniff*

We can always find out how good you are by playing some of us online. Muwhahahah. Evil Tech junkie stuff.
Yes, I must play you online.

Your Falcon is ****. XD

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Great post there, Eternal phoenix Fire and you too, NES n00b. Just because you can't beat someone in a fighting game doesn't mean you should make suggestions to make the game shallow. Oh, and Eternal phoenix Fire and NES n00b, I'm going to like playing (and beating) both of you. :laugh:

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
mmmm, cookie. anyways, I think that I knew what you were talking about, but now I'm not so sure. You're 'good', but you could be better, which is understandable, I never liked how my friends practiced hours on end to try to get better than me, who is just simply playing an hour at the most per day. they still get their arse kicked, oddly enough, but yeah. I see where your going. sort of...

Top Bottom