• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Size issues

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
Well... I don't know so much about "modding" in the Super smash bros brawl, so... Here is my issue

I have a very LOW memory in my SD (Aprox 200-230MB, yeah, MB) and of course, Project M won't install because Project M needs 320 (I think) MB. So here is my question, Can I delete or compress the data of Project M?

I want to play Project M, but the 2GB SD arent so much common.

Can you say please, if i can delete/compress data in order to play Project M?

Sorry if my english isn't very well, you know, isn't my FIRST language.

Thanks.

I Myself

Smash Cadet
You could remove some of the custom stages (they're at private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage) and their corresponding .rel files (private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\module) to free up some space. I think pretty much everything else is necessary to run the mod properly.

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
Which stages and what .rel files? I don't have a clue, im new at this, also i discovered my memory SD has 243MB (10 more MB xD)
So I need to remove 73 MB from the files of project M. Is there anything i can do?

I Myself

Smash Cadet
All of the stages that were replaced are in the stage folder. Project:M just reads non-replaced stages from your Brawl disc. Each stage has a name like STGHALBERD.pac. Their corresponding .rel files have names that look like stg_halberd.rel.
Since you need to reduce by 73 MB you'll probably have to remove all of the custom stages, and even then that may not be enough. You could try also removing all of the custom music (private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm), and maybe files like the ones in \pf\menu\strap (should be fine, but do it as a last resort). Aside from removing these, I think a Project:M developer would have to tell you exactly what else is unnecessary.

All this being said, I think it would be best if you managed to find a 2GB SD card (or even a 512MB one) so you can enjoy the full experience of Project: Melee.

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
Thanks... So i have to remove all of custom stages... and some music, and that's it? Can you give me especifications? Sorry for bother you xD}

Edit: Sorry didnt read well, thank you!

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
Sorry, i forgot to mention, What about the textures, Could I delete these? If i can, Which one i can delete?

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
They added New textures in PM, don't they? Like the fox ones, i think. They can be deleted?

I Myself

Smash Cadet
Yes, they did add some character textures (Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Sonic, Snake, and Marth). Just remove the Fit[Character Name]##.pac and .pcs files in the fighter subfolders. Make sure you don't delete the Fit[Fighter Name].pac and Fit[Fighter Name]MotionEtc.pac files, since these are necessary to run Project: M.

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
So i can delete FitLucario01 or 02 or 04 etc... But not the FitLucario and FitLucarioMotionEtc? (I used lucario as an example)

Top Bottom