• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Lee Martin isn't smart. He's really good but not smart. WTF Adhd. What kind of biased statement is that when we have never played. I personally feel if we ever fought I would wreck you, HARD, but i don't go around posting that to everybody. -_- Gnes can tell you that I'm verrrrrrry smart, but he told me earlier he couldnt believe you would even say that and didn't know how to reply to your post, bc he KNOWS how smart i am.

I would never even attempt the lucario vs diddy matchup in tourney. I go mk against them bc its not SMART to go lucario against diddy. Lucario should NEVER kill Diddy, especially with laggy smashes and weird aerials that diddy can flat out camp with bananas and punish ANY lag.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The legend has spoken.

Also, me and Lee one day are going to do an epic Wario SDI Dair Ladder.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Hmm. Thb, lets not fight over this. to keep order around here I am going to have to ask for people to keep their comments in PM. Goes for both Lee and ADHD. This is of course, assuming that you are going to continue what was started here.

Another note, I disagree with Lucario not being able to fight against Diddy, by a large margin on that statement to be exact. This is just coming from my perspective on playing ADHD quite often since he is around the places I practice. Opinions are still opinions, however, so you have full right to employ that statement. Let the normal discussion continue please =3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lee Martin has spoken...CASE CLOSED. :p

But seriously, perhaps Gnes and ADHD just play that much different. And Gnes gets LOTS of Lucario practice...probably more than he needs, lol.

All will be settled at Hobo 21. :)

Anyways, yeah, Diddy...45:55 is my final choice.

Idk if you spam your smashes repeatedly and stale them or what
*gasp* WHO TOLD YOU HOW I PLAY?! I'LL HURT HIM!!!111!!111!!!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Hmm. Thb, lets not fight over this. to keep order around here I am going to have to ask for people to keep their comments in PM. Goes for both Lee and ADHD. This is of course, assuming that you are going to continue what was started here.
<<

You're too touchy. They aren't even close to getting out of hand, plus it's fun to watch them go.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I think it's 60-40 diddys favor. idc thats my opinion. Lucario can't kill diddy OR even hit him for that matter. He's sooooo much faster. And Luc can NOT camp diddy. wtf. If you get lucky with a gimp and aura you can win. That's about it.

Not to mention if Diddy gets him off the level its like automatic diddy hump or spike lucario's up b which doesn't even have a hitbox LOL.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lee. Lee Baby.

It's ok. I'm gonna make it right...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ADHD pretty much said the truth, to be honest I'm a crappy Lucario. The only time I've made money in this game is when I went teams with Sago who was the best player there. I'm working my arse off to get better with Lucario and Link but despite this I can at least analyze traits well enough to give input. Enough of my stupid emo rant, here's my input.

Lucario needs to keep close to Diddy when he's trying to draw Banana's. Pressure is key here, stay on him and don't let up, how you play will change if he gets a banana. If he doesn't have one, stay on him and don't let up. Fsmash is safer if he doesn't have a banana and you don't spam it. Tilts are more effective to space pressure.

Lets say he does toss a banana to make a wall between him and the banana, my advice is to learn to Z-catch and Z-drop. I've found it easier for myself seeing as the bomb shenanigans I learn with Link and a few turnip things with Peach. If M2K can Z-Catch & SHfair immediately afterwords I don't see how Lucario can't Z-catch and still apply pressure. It's easier to deal with bananas if you can do these on reaction, and fire AS if you predict a glide toss, the MU is easier to deal with.

Now if he has a banana and one in front of him things change. One thing you could do is wait out for one banana to disappear or get close to it and try and approach from above. Otherwise your going to have to approach carefully, Diddy out-camps Lucario there is no debating this. Your going to have to approach to make sure he doesn't keep pulling Banana's and to well win.

For killing Lucario will kill Diddy much earlier, and his trouble killing doesn't help him. He does have ways to set-up kills, something Lucario has a few problems in this MU doing.

So one mistake Diddy could Die, One mistake Lucario could be set-up for a kill, it could go both ways, just on character kills earlier.

Stages, ban FD, never ever ever ever go their. When I fought my first Diddy ever I got ***** their from not knowing how good the stage was for him. I did much better on Frigate and Yoshi's Island.

I still think this is 55:45 Lucario and is his easiest S-tier MU. I know this MU is heatedly debated right now, but I'll leave my thoughts on it anyways.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
All I can say is that it's certainly not Wario.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Lee Martin isn't smart. He's really good but not smart. WTF Adhd. What kind of biased statement is that when we have never played. I personally feel if we ever fought I would wreck you, HARD, but i don't go around posting that to everybody. -_- Gnes can tell you that I'm verrrrrrry smart, but he told me earlier he couldnt believe you would even say that and didn't know how to reply to your post, bc he KNOWS how smart i am.

I would never even attempt the lucario vs diddy matchup in tourney. I go mk against them bc its not SMART to go lucario against diddy. Lucario should NEVER kill Diddy, especially with laggy smashes and weird aerials that diddy can flat out camp with bananas and punish ANY lag.
It came from CO18, and you rolled into his uptilts, and grabs alot..

Lucario is worse than mk btw.

Raven Leader

Smash Rookie
How come the matchup between Lucario and ROB is 50:50. Maybe I just haven't played a good ROB before but I feel like his attacks are so deliberate that they are easily predictable.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Bull****.

...Wait... Nevermind, you're right. D:

Also to stay on topic, anyone ever notice that horribly mocking face Diddy Kong makes when he pulls out a banana? It annoys the heck out of me, seriously.

Like, just pause the next time you see Diddy Kong do that move. It's annoying. D:<

His freaking special makes a better taunt than any of our taunts.

Gnes

Smash Master
It came from CO18, and you rolled into his uptilts, and grabs alot..

Wait...your comment just lost all credibility. Not only does your reference have a absurd weakness to toon link and is trash, but he also loss the only set they played. Secondly, that defense is quite frankly, stupid. Using one set(so many months ago) to judge a person's intelligence and skill is ********.

@ Red Ryu...How will diddy die from one mistake?

@ Kita....diddy always smiles :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I meant to refer that at higher percentage at Lucario's moveset will kill easier, so Diddy has to be more careful and get safety, banana's.

On the flip side if Lucario makes a mistake it's gonna be banana+whatever follow up Diddy feels like.

Lucario will live longer, but Diddy has the potential to punish Lucario harder in some instances, if dribbling can be set up.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Wait...your comment just lost all credibility. Not only does your reference have a absurd weakness to toon link and is trash, but he also loss the only set they played. Secondly, that defense is quite frankly, stupid. Using one set(so many months ago) to judge a person's intelligence and skill is ********.

@ Kita....diddy always smiles :)
I'm only going to talk about players once here, but

CO18 is quite good, from what I've seen. The matchup between Dedede and Lucario is pretty atrocious, so it's easy to say that one isn't smart because they roll into uptilts and whatever. I remember watching that one set, and Lee did lose (the first game with Lucario), but CO18 is definitely a good player.

Dedede's walk against Lucario is as intimidating as Snake to him. That matchup is horribad.

tl;dr: Don't bash CO18, he's cool and pretty good. You're right about the second statement. /no hate

-Rayku

P.S. @ LeeMartin: I don't think the matchup is as bad as you say it is, simply by watching certain people play it against good Diddy Kong players.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you keep getting barrel spiked by diddy or side b grabbed offstage and gimped.. you're doing it wrong.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Gnes summed up what I wanted to say.

I won the set against co18 with my mk which was garbage at the time. Umm his trash talk is not valid.

Nobody said anything about getting barrel spiked...

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I said it as something to watch out for, not that it happens to me.

You also forgot to read the part that said I don't even go Lucario vs Diddy. I go mk. -_-

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
K let's pump info, like more beyond "___ doesn't work" or stuff doesn't.
atm my opinion's 50:50 but stagewise I'm seeing Lucario at a loss.

iRJi

Smash Champion
wow @ ignoring real life proof to end up lucarios favour lol
Despite the fact that we have others saying something else, my personal opinion still comes from playing ADHD a lot. It is a fact that Lucario is slow, but its not a fact that he can't handle diddy's metagame overall. If you want to count from whats being said, ADHD is still stating that lucario goes even or a little better then diddy. We just have another top player who thinks other wise. =]

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This isn't the first time I've heard mixed opinions on this MU.

I've talked with some of the people in my area around it and got responses as far as 60:40 on character to 40:60 the other.

I went with 55:45 mostly from character analysis and playing the MU.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I was talking to player-1 he also says this match up is 55-45 lucario. I think lucario has the advantage but its defiantly not easy.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I am going to give this until tomorrow morning, so if you have not casted your votes, please do so.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
How about we do a charater thats we feel the match-up has changed other than snake it has been more of the same.

Top Bottom