• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I can't believe after all these years the Chorus Kids have a shot again to be in. It's exciting.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Okay, even though I’m not going to put too much stock into this leak, I kinda believe it.
Given the fact that there’s a lot of circumstantial “evidence” that helps back it up and that it lines up with a few observations with this iteration thus far.

Also, it’d be great to see that our boys finally make it in!
But, I’m not going to be surprised if it’s a meticulously made leak by someone who happens to work in that department. (Kinda makes that sound extremely unlikely now that I typed that out.)
With this hype cycle, anything can happen.

All I’m saying if this is true, we’re in for an extremely bloated direct, and I can’t wait to see how these little guys are going to work in motion.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
So does anyone have a clue how these guys would work? Cause I don't care how optimized the game is, having 24 characters on screen at once on any stage in 8 player smash seems kinda ridiculous.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So does anyone have a clue how these guys would work? Cause I don't care how optimized the game is, having 24 characters on screen at once on any stage in 8 player smash seems kinda ridiculous.
I mean the same could be said with ICs or Pimkin alongside Poké Balls and Assist Trophies.
I guess the other two could pop out for some specials or smash attacks, with the singular one being the controlled character. Or all of them work essentially as one entity, unlike the ICs.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
I don't really get how the Chorus kids are placed here, looks like there is 4 of them ?
Banner clearer link : http://i.4cdn.org/v/1540408894622.png
Kind of looks like Greninja's knee EDIT: nevermind i'm an idiot.

To be honest I think the 2 other Chorus Kids would proably act more like Duck Hunt Duo's duck, where they're just an extention of the character model.
My reasoning as to why Sakurai would pick the Chorus Kids as the Rhythm Heaven fighter is so he can incorporate a rhythm gimmick into their fighting style:
Obviously they can't fight to the rhythm of the actual music playing into the background, but what they CAN do is make the player want to time attack inputs to a beat. Since the Chorus Kids are a trio, they can visualise this timing pretty much identically to the way it works in Rhythm Heaven, so think Clappy Trio.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
With the conductor joining them, I have a feeling they'll just be called glee club or rhythm heaven, at least in Japan. Kinda like an Ice Climbers situations, as they're just called "Ice Climber" in the Japanese games. NOA could change that to Chorus Kids like they did Ice Climber, but they kept Duck Hunt the same so maybe not

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Actually I just got a dumb idea, what if the conductor is in the background of the stage waving his baton to a beat and attacking on beat does bonus damage or something? That'd be a neat way to incorporate rhythm into the moveset.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I don't like these twerps but I guess I'll join in on the conversation since I love Rhythm Heaven. What's been going on?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I don't like these twerps but I guess I'll join in on the conversation since I love Rhythm Heaven. What's been going on?
Well, I guess the conductor's part of the moveset, so that's cool. I've just been getting super hyped over the fact my most wanted likely made it (these boiiis!!!).

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
There’s been an apparent leak that involves these guys with several others.
Yeah I saw that. That's what brought me back to Smashboard since Ashley's deconfirmation. I'm not too keen on the newcomers from it but I'm happy Rhythm Heaven is finally potentially getting representation in Smash.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I mean, it worked for Olimar.....
Pikmin are projectiles with eyes. I don't think that counts.
Which does bring a question of what kind of fighter will the Chorus Men be? Three character with one skeleton like Duckhunt maybe?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Pikmin are projectiles with eyes. I don't think that counts.
Which does bring a question of what kind of fighter will the Chorus Men be? Three character with one skeleton like Duckhunt maybe?
That's what I've always assumed, but who knows. Sakurai has come up with something unique for sure!

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The Pikmin have AI. It's a stretch to call it particularly functional AI, but they're more than most items / projectiles.

I think the Duck Hunt approach is pretty likely as far as trio mechanics go.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
The Pikmin have AI. It's a stretch to call it particularly functional AI, but they're more than most items / projectiles.

I think the Duck Hunt approach is pretty likely as far as trio mechanics go.
I dunno, I feel like that would be a bit too... Horror Tropey

Them all attacking and being launched as a unit I mean. It'd look a lot like the Delightful Children From Down the Lane if anyone remembers them.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I imagine they'd find a way to make it work decently, but it does sound like quite a challenge! For normal movement and attacking, though, I can see it working.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Playing as the conductor and commanding the kids would be really fun too (and to think Pokemon trainer was a handful...). In any case Sakurai will deliver a unique musical-based moveset for sure

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Sakurai is definitely going to have to make a fun moveset to convince me to play them.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So just dropped in to say that me and some friends made a prediction chart with the winner getting a free copy of Ultimate, and I'm banking on y'all to make it in so I can get a free copy of Smash.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
So just dropped in to say that me and some friends made a prediction chart with the winner getting a free copy of Ultimate, and I'm banking on y'all to make it in so I can get a free copy of Smash.
God speed my friend. God speed.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Has anyone ever created a moveset that involved the Conductor? I don't think I've ever seen him included in the talks of the Chorus Kids.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Ohhh boyyy Im late and Im hyped asdfdghfj
Now since there are exactly 5 new IPs joining in (RH, Golden Sun, Banjo-Kazzoie, Mach Rider, Mario RPG (probably will be replaced by a new Pokemon stage LOL) ) 103 + 5 = 108 stages which is coro coro's leaked stage number.

I just wonder what stage will Rhythm Heaven get? Remix 3 transition stage? Barista's Cafe maybe? DJ YELLOW'S TURNTABLE??!
anyway I just hope the entirety of RH Fever's lyrical music are there LOL I really want to fight while Hearing ♪ ♫ ♬ Lonely Storm ♪ ♫ ♬ and ♪ ♫ ♬ TOnight ♪ ♫ ♬

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If the new leak is true and the Conductor seems to be the likely main controllable character. I'm guessing that the character will not be called Chorus Kids, instead it will likely be Glee Club after the name of the mini-game that all the characters are in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Since the playable character might actually be the Conductor, what do you guys think about a trailer where he suddenly catches a Smash invite while doing his Clappy Trio routine?

glovetheglove

Smash Rookie
I've been holding out hope for a Rhythm Heaven rep since Brawl! Please put me on the supporter list because I am all-in on Chorus Kids! Man, I wonder what their final smash would be?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I've been holding out hope for a Rhythm Heaven rep since Brawl! Please put me on the supporter list because I am all-in on Chorus Kids! Man, I wonder what their final smash would be?
I was thinking it could be a way to represent the perfects. There could even be a short rhythm game

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Even if I would have hoped to see Karate Joe somewhere, RH finally getting repped full-time is such a joy! I really hope they do Chorus Kids well... I want them to feel very zany and fun, much like Pac-Man was when I first tried him out in Sm4sh.

The bit about the Conductor controlling the Kids sounds pretty fitting too, BTW. Though I dunno on him having to be the main controllable character, I just think he'll be on the background issuing musical cues like PKMN Trainer does.

Anyway, I hope we get something like these as moves for Chorus Kids to deploy - though I think we'll see something more refined or even different. IDK.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does it look like the Chorus Kids are scared of the butterfly in that mural picture?

If you look at the official one the Villager is chasing after a butterfly and it kinda looks like the Chorus Kids are holding each other back in fear. It's not just me seeing this right? :p

The kid at the back looks concerned.

Is this some kind of reference to Rhythm Heaven? (because it seems kind of random)

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or does it look like the Chorus Kids are scared of the butterfly in that mural picture?

If you look at the official one the Villager is chasing after a butterfly and it kinda looks like the Chorus Kids are holding each other back in fear. It's not just me seeing this right? :p

The kid at the back looks concerned.

Is this some kind of reference to Rhythm Heaven? (because it seems kind of random)
Butterflies are no joking matter.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't really get how the Chorus kids are placed here, looks like there is 4 of them ?
Banner clearer link : http://i.4cdn.org/v/1540408894622.png
I feel like this actually points towards the validity of the leak as a whole.

fourchoruskids.png

I find it really hard to imagine that a fake leaker would make the decision to include the conductor let alone four Chorus Kids. It's such a bizarre decision that I really wouldn't expect a fake leaker to make, not even as a "wacky random thing" to fool people with.

If you do any research at all the wikia page for the Chorus Kids clearly shows that there are three chorus kids, not four.

The part in the middle is such a mess there could be a 5th chorus kid there along with the conductor.....it's probably just the conductor but I can't tell.

Whatever way you look at these guys, they're really strange.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I know there’s like, no need to spoiler this now but I’m gonna do it anyway. I think “Chorus Kid 1” is actually just Ness’ yo-yo.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Top Bottom