• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SIMON BELMONT: Castlevania's First Vampire Slaying Whip-Wielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
in their defense they hired eighting which has been capable of making fun, simple fighters that manage to be deeper than they seem. I just feel they forced them into their first full 3D battle game and didn't fund jack. Back then the Wii was seen as trash remember? everyone in the industry hated it.
the artwork, without options for different classic looks, killed people on the surface though.
sad story, because I liked the idea, even part of the gameplay. I just felt unfinished, unpolished, as if I were playing a game only 30 percent done.
And the roster was amazing .... if at least the characters resembled their actual selves... it wouldn't have been bad if we would got only redesigns, but that have something to do with the actual characters, i mean look at Grant, WTF happened there? what that thing supposed to be? some kinda of elastic ninja mummy? Grant is a friggin pirate! And simon belmont as light yagami and maria renard as misa didn't helped either. I can understand cutting shanoa's hair if they couldn't manage to render it... but ughhh...

At least Dracula was decent. The worst part tough was the excesive grinding to unlock characters (and that the 1p mode was boring as hell didn't helped either...)

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
And the roster was amazing .... if at least the characters resembled their actual selves... it wouldn't have been bad if we would got only redesigns, but that have something to do with the actual characters, i mean look at Grant, WTF happened there? what that thing supposed to be? some kinda of elastic ninja mummy? Grant is a friggin pirate! And simon belmont as light yagami and maria renard as misa didn't helped either. I can understand cutting shanoa's hair if they couldn't manage to render it... but ughhh...

At least Dracula was decent. The worst part tough was the excesive grinding to unlock characters (and that the 1p mode was boring as hell didn't helped either...)
it leads me to believe it was rushed. I know the redesigns were off, but I guess they gambled on Obata, since Death Note was going strong at the time.
I loved the designs.... but as alternates. Not as replacing the originals. I don't understand why they couldn't be just alts.
I didn't think Eric, Alucard or Death were too bad though...

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
If Konami is getting a character in Smash 4 I would much rather it be Simon Belmont.
The problem with Snake is his lack of history with Nintendo.
And Simon's Nintendo history is one of the best, ranging way back to the NES.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
How have I not shown my support in this thread? Sign me up!
He's the last one we need for the Captain N team! :awesome:

:troll:
(Yes, that's what Simon actually looked like in Captain N)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom