• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Signature of the Week [Hiatus]

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
There was only one entry this time, so no need for a poll. Can't win if you don't enter, people.

Congratulations to ZIO for placing first in the Once Upon A Time contest! The winning entry will be added to the Hall of Fame.

Expect a new prompt soon, hope to see more participation in the future. :cool:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am so happy and honored.

:rolleyes:

I just want to stay active is all. :bee:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've just been forgetting about this. Been neglecting my shop too. Gotta step it up.

Good stuff Zio.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Wish I could have entered xD Just got my computer back yesterday, and had to finish a huge piece for another contest xD

NEXT TIMEEEEE

'Grats ZIO!

Neon Ness

New prompt and junk.

I thought making the deadlines shorter would make things run faster, but it sounds like people are really busy lol. :/ You guys let me know if you need more time to brainstorm or work or anything.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
New prompt and junk.

I thought making the deadlines shorter would make things run faster, but it sounds like people are really busy lol. :/ You guys let me know if you need more time to brainstorm or work or anything.
Well it wasn't as much of issues of time as it was with coming up with something that fit the guideline. The latest one I actually have some ideas for.

Neon Ness

Deadline is tonight! Hope some entries are still floating around out there to be submitted before midnight. D:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd have done it too, but I've been under the weather lately.

Neon Ness

Yeeep

Congrats to StarPhoenix for winning the Nightmares contest, and the entry will be added to the Hall of Fame.

That said I don't feel compelled to run these anymore, I mean the last 2 contests only had 1 entry and the one before had none. Not that it's a huge inconvenience to run them but it honestly feels like a fruitless effort right now. Maybe this can start again once our sig community is a bit more lively, maybe some guidelines need changing in the future as well, who knows. Thanks to everyone who participated/voted, but we'll let this rest a while. :l

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I'd still enjoy some feedback on my entry itself... My feeling is I might have strayed from the theme. In my mind I know what I was attempting to capture using Spiderman. But I don't know if it is conveyed well enough that it is without explanation?

As far as the design the only part I regret is the right side. It just feels "off". Maybe it is just me being critical?

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I wanted to enter...but long story short my grandmother's funeral is this week >__> family stuff lately....

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maybe you should try and see if you could get it on the announcements to give it more attention, like was done for the WWYP contests recently.

Neon Ness

Yeah, I know you guys had stuff going on recently and it kinda seemed like this was becoming more of an inconvenience than something fun to do. Hopefully people will have more free time soon and we'll see about bringing it back, maybe a forum wide announcement would help raise interest for next time...

@Starphoenix: I get a nightmarish vibe since Spiderman says "What do you fear?", so it didn't seem completely off topic. As far as the design I only wish there was a recognizable focal point; there's a lot going on, which is not completely bad, but I think it would look more appealing if some areas were cleaned up so the scene is clearer. It's kind of hard to tell what sort of setting they're supposed to be in. I liked the colors and overall idea you went for though. Venom is pretty nightmarish anyway lol.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those in the comic know how, I was trying to model the tag line of the "Fear Itself" story arc.

Yeah, I debated whether adding the Mary Jane was a smooth move and in the end I feel it detracted more than it contributed. I tried to make Spiderman as much of the focal point as I could while adding a "murky" effect to Venom to symbolise a nightmare. Also, did anyone notice the Mysterio reflection in the splash of white light in the corner? Love that subtle effect.

Top Bottom