• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

VietGeek

Smash Hero
we've done everything but give her a machine gun

i think nayru's love is close enough imho

for now

obv :012:

I mean at that point, why not just play marth?
real talk:

there was seldom a moment where this statement didn't already apply to roy anyway

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
real talk:

there was seldom a moment where this statement didn't already apply to roy anyway

That's kind of my point. They were similar to begin with and you made them even more similar. If you're able to alter the game, why not make Roy more unique?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
They cant do animation hacks, only change move properties.

I has pichu question nowz:
Did you make his upB faster and give the first dash invincibility frames? Because thats honestly the only thing he needed.

TheLake

Smash Master
Shout outs to Max Berger at the big house

smacking all western sackz falco

and tearing up the joint

very nice stuff bud :D

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Maxwell2swell -- What a beast. We should team at Genesis 3

In other news, I got 3rd at a tournament yesterday with zelda. It was the first time I've ever gotten top 3 in a singles tournament that wasn't full of scrubs

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
If I go to G3 I'll consider it, GK. Unless TheLake goes because I asked him to team with me at like Apex 2012, but neither of us went. LOL

Double good Zelda team will happen at one of these nationals one day!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Everyone always gives Ness the shine or some permutation of it.

If you haven't already, you should consider altering the damage values of his dash attack so the third hit (launcher) does 9% instead of whatever it is in Melee. This is for a few reasons, but the big one is to play around the 7% rule on knocked over opponents.

As a side note, I really wish PK Fire shot sideways in the air rather than diagonal. Didn't see that as one of the listed changes, so I'm gonna assume it didn't happen. It's just lame that a lot of the move's potential utility is weakened because you can't shoot Peach out of her float or Puff out of her bairs with it unless you get into a fairly vulnerable position that you generally don't want to be in. Coupled with the reduced landing lag that you guys suggested, this gives Ness a fairly reasonable way to zone someone and therefore doesn't need to be buffed much more in speed.

I like the changes on his Yo-Yos.

Getting rid of the landing hit on Kirby's dair and making it come out faster does more for him than tweaking the landing hit IMHO. Strictly downwards hitting moves are precious in this game, particularly if they have high duration because they can be used to beat crouch and get free follows off it. I'm interested to see how it's been tweaked though.

"It is now impossible to force Kirby to lose a copy ability" > Nice touch. I like this. I wish you could make the opponent leave the swallow in some amount of stun; the old 2007 Kirby combo of my youth was swallowing Sheik or Falco into u-tilt > bair > SH stolen projectile attacking their landing area > grab > d-throw > more stuff. It was incredibly illegitimate for at least four reasons but it was really fun to do; when people didn't know that swallowing them didn't give them stun the move took on a whole new utility. Would be cool if that was actually a legitimate purpose. Could be his "combo throw" on floaties.

As a general criticism, I like that some of the weaker projectiles (PK Flash, Din's Fire, etc) no longer cause characters to go into specialfall.

Melee SD Remix said:
Green Missile: Misfire rate increased from 1/8 to 1/6
I hate you.

TheLake

Smash Master
Everyone always gives Ness the shine or some permutation of it.

If you haven't already, you should consider altering the damage values of his dash attack so the third hit (launcher) does 9% instead of whatever it is in Melee. This is for a few reasons, but the big one is to play around the 7% rule on knocked over opponents.

As a side note, I really wish PK Fire shot sideways in the air rather than diagonal. Didn't see that as one of the listed changes, so I'm gonna assume it didn't happen. It's just lame that a lot of the move's potential utility is weakened because you can't shoot Peach out of her float or Puff out of her bairs with it unless you get into a fairly vulnerable position that you generally don't want to be in. Coupled with the reduced landing lag that you guys suggested, this gives Ness a fairly reasonable way to zone someone and therefore doesn't need to be buffed much more in speed.

I like the changes on his Yo-Yos.

Getting rid of the landing hit on Kirby's dair and making it come out faster does more for him than tweaking the landing hit IMHO. Strictly downwards hitting moves are precious in this game, particularly if they have high duration because they can be used to beat crouch and get free follows off it. I'm interested to see how it's been tweaked though.

"It is now impossible to force Kirby to lose a copy ability" > Nice touch. I like this. I wish you could make the opponent leave the swallow in some amount of stun; the old 2007 Kirby combo of my youth was swallowing Sheik or Falco into u-tilt > bair > SH stolen projectile attacking their landing area > grab > d-throw > more stuff. It was incredibly illegitimate for at least four reasons but it was really fun to do; when people didn't know that swallowing them didn't give them stun the move took on a whole new utility. Would be cool if that was actually a legitimate purpose. Could be his "combo throw" on floaties.

As a general criticism, I like that some of the weaker projectiles (PK Flash, Din's Fire, etc) no longer cause characters to go into specialfall.

I hate you.
GTFO OUT OF HERE!

NOW! :mad:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"Green Missile: Misfire rate increased from 1/8 to 1/6"

AS IF MISFIRES WEREN'T ANNOYING ENOUGH ALREADY

DRGN

Technowizard
Sucks I couldn't go to the tournament last weekend, GK. That was only like the second or third TAG I've ever even missed, lol.

We didn't play each other in any singles in Galt, did we? I suppose someday we'll have to Zelda ditto, lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
AS IF MISFIRES WEREN'T ANNOYING ENOUGH ALREADY
"a char isn't good enough until X people complain about him/her/it being homosexual"

- vietgeek (2007-2012)

obv :048:

kirbykaze thanks for your input and ability to articulate well

especially the latter

cuz internets

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Sucks I couldn't go to the tournament last weekend, GK. That was only like the second or third TAG I've ever even missed, lol.

We didn't play each other in any singles in Galt, did we? I suppose someday we'll have to Zelda ditto, lol.
Lol, when I was playing your bro in loser's finals a bunch of people were standing behind me saying 'Uh, you do know what character his brother plays, right?'

Yeah though, we'll definitely do zelda dittos in the near future. I think we have very different play styles in general from what I've heard from mutual friends.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@Dark Hart: I think the term "Lesbagician" could be used to describe Zelda...

Or maybe, "Homedibroken"

TheLake

Smash Master
You hate me when I'm hating low tiers, you hate me when I'm trying to help low tiers. There's no winning, is there?
THERES ALWAYS WINNING CAUSE YOUR SHIEK

ROAR YOU JUST LIKE PICKING ON US

WITH YOUR WORDS

OF HATE!!!

I WONT STAND FOR IT KK!

Oh marth is gay

but like thats alright cause

his tip is amazing

but roys alot thicker

at the base of the blade

but at least when he sticks his blade in you

you go up

not away

so the lesson to take from this incredibly homoerotic onslaught of words

is even though higher tiers have more options

lower tiers are way better lovers

cause they are simple and effective

which is what we REALLY want

Simple

thick

sex

:awesome:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
There was a silver fish on the ceiling above my head in the shower today and it made me think of you guys. <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That's like trying to not hate your sister's fiancee despite him being a giant prick (especially to you) because he makes her happy

Probably reasonable in principle, but rarely works out in practice

Unless he pulls an epic 180 you probably just continue to mutually dislike each other relatively quietly (like girls)

Tolerance =/= love

You hate Sheik, admit it!

D

Deleted member

tolerance is condescending.

i love both zelda and sheik. ignoring sheik and her benefits as a zelda player is scrubby IMO

that said, i still want to play you in zelda vs sheik.

hopefully you get kicked less than the other sheiks do lol

edit: why aren't you on aim? we both know that neither of us are sleeping any reasonable amount.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Memo to self: do not ask M2K how to beat Zelda

I'll probably crouch a lot, shield a lot, and throw needles. And use my good movement to grab you if you do something dumb, but realistically that won't happen much because I'm a campy biatch and you are too.

I'm just logging in now.

Top Bottom